NATION

PASSWORD

TET: Like the Offensive?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Libronyscien
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Libronyscien » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:12 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Libronyscien wrote:I'm still trying to figure out who I am.

You're Liberace
*nods*

I knew you would say something like that. Why do you call me that anyways?
For: LGBTQ+, Choice, Equalist1,
Against: Racism2, Sexism, Homophobia, Heterophobia3, Feminazi.
1 If you have a problem with this then find a way to deal with it.
2 Some forms of racism are acceptable in my opinion. I hate the marathon race so much.
3 This is a joke.

Libronyscien
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Libronyscien » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:14 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Libronyscien wrote:I'm still trying to figure out who I am.

These things take time, so make sure you take the time necessary for it. Maybe some of us can even be of assistance, but no guarantees!

Thanks.

That was actually kind of nice. I didn't think you did nice. At least not to me.
2 Some forms of racism are acceptable in my opinion. I hate the marathon race so much.
3 This is a joke.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:18 pm

Libronyscien wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:You're Liberace
*nods*

I knew you would say something like that. Why do you call me that anyways?

Because one time I was typing your name my phone wanted to auto-correct to that, and I said "fuck it" and ran with it.
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:19 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Libronyscien wrote:I knew you would say something like that. Why do you call me that anyways?

Because one time I was typing your name my phone wanted to auto-correct to that, and I said "fuck it" and ran with it.

What would your phone autocorrect Luziyca to?
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:19 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Furry Alairia and Algeria wrote:Can't someone else pay you?

Who would?

There is a response to that, but I like and respect Koshka to much to use it.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:19 pm

Libronyscien wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:These things take time, so make sure you take the time necessary for it. Maybe some of us can even be of assistance, but no guarantees!

Thanks.

That was actually kind of nice. I didn't think you did nice. At least not to me.

He has his moments.
Married to Koshka
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Libronyscien
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Libronyscien » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:19 pm

Laerod wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
:lol2:
Do you think I should write [SHINY] in front of those threads?

Gotta plan ahead. Ugh... I remember one guy kept using odd symbols so his threads would show up at the very beginning of the alphabetically organized forum. UGH.

That is so not cool.
3 This is a joke.

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:20 pm

Orles wrote:History essays I refuse to study for, show up, and wing it. Everyone I know studies their asses off, shows up, freaks out a little when none of the options match closely enough to what they studied for their comfort, and then writes an essay trying to use what they studied. I tend to do better, much to the studiers' chagrin. Same thing with English. Sure, maybe I'll reread the source material, but usually only if I'm bored.

I'm one of those students...

Lord of the Flies was a good book for me. I was probably the only person who actually liked it and I'd already read it before we studied it (there was a reference in Fables to it that I wanted to better understand). But I don't recall having read it again prior to our exam. Studying for English was always pretty much a case of reviewing whatever themes we'd discussed in class (or, more accurately, been told were present by our teacher... not that old "darkness of man's heart" makes it difficult for the reader) and then working through our notes looking for appropriate quotes and incidents. Then, instead of writing a plan down in the planning space of our booklets, I'd spend the first five minutes of each exam noting down all the quotes I'd remembered. The ones I remember effectively guide what I write.

History was much simpler. This was because, for three years at three different year levels, the question barely changed. Of course, I actually ended up failing the paper with the unchanging question in year thirteen because I spent too long answering the other essay that I'd never finished prior to the one I finished in the exam. I was, in my view, ten minutes shy of finishing and, thus, passing it (the second old style essay: the new one I did okay with). At least I passed scholarship history as a consolation.

Orles wrote:My peers tell me that if I ever tried I would be absolutely incredible. Instead I spend my time on NS, and am instead only significantly-better-than-average.

NSG is terrible like that. Or was. I managed to largely avoid it during the academic year last year.

This reminds me of our second internal in classical studies in year twelve. We had to draw parallels between the nature of the relationships in The Odyssey (studied in translation, only needed to read a selection of the books) and modern life. We probably spent two or three weeks worth of classtime on this which I filled up by distracting myself and my friend and using tiny handwriting to complete one side of the two sided planning sheet we were given. I then spent the weekend before it was due doing the work and five minutes in the library finishing the second side of the plan (it had to be handed in). The end product was, apparently, quite a bit shorter than all the other assessments that ended up with the same (decent) mark as it.

This was, of course, the last time I managed to be relatively concise. Which sucks, because both coursework essays I've done at uni so far have had short max word counts (the last one, as a result, got handed back with comments like that meant "very thoughtful but very narrow focus with obfuscating language choices"... needless to say it did pretty badly).
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Libronyscien
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Libronyscien » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:22 pm

Forsher wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:I'm glad I'm not the only one. Do you ever get to recall when it was a dream induced memory or when it is an actual memory?

Because these dreams are typically fairly realistic there is sometimes a real world thing that I can check. Other times it relates to some sort of problem and if the memory resolves the problem, I can usually be certain it didn't happen. The last time this happened it was actually both so that helped.

Sometimes, though, the wandering mind is useful. For instance, some months ago I found a textbook of mine in my brother's room. There was absolutely no reason why it should've been there. The subject doesn't interest him at all and I wouldn't have put it in there myself because we don't get along and it's pretty messy. Then a few weeks ago we're going home from wherever we were and my mind drifts off a bit and I'm thinking about this textbook for no particular reason. The strangeness of where I found it weighs on my mind and I decide that if there was no reason for it to be in his room then why is it unreasonable to think that my passport could be there? Sure enough, in pretty much the same place one (current) passport. A fortuitous find because, despite being 19, I don't drive and therefore my passport is literally the only multi-purpose form of ID I have.

I had a dream once where I read a book that wasn't out yet. I read the book and was like. What.
3 This is a joke.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:23 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:Who would?

There is a response to that, but I like and respect Koshka to much to use it.

Yeah... That wouldn't have been kosher...
I definitely set it up though.
Married to Koshka

Libronyscien
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Libronyscien » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:24 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Libronyscien wrote:You can be serious?

No.

Thought so.
3 This is a joke.

Libronyscien
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Libronyscien » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:26 pm

Orles wrote:
Libronyscien wrote:Wait what.

Bruh, you know the covers of cheesy romance novels? Bosoms barely covered and shit? Telenovelas look a lot like that.
Ethel mermania wrote: :lol: but you were supposed to pay meeeeee
Well I can't really use the money in its current location anyway, so let's just call it even.

I read it as TETnovas.
3 This is a joke.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:27 pm

Ah, fuck. I really don't want to go to California...
Married to Koshka

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:29 pm

Libronyscien wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:No.

Thought so.

Those who are serious aren't font of games like these. Right, Lib?
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Libronyscien
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Libronyscien » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:29 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Libronyscien wrote:I knew you would say something like that. Why do you call me that anyways?

Oh, yeah. What is Liberace anyways?
3 This is a joke.

Libronyscien
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Libronyscien » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:30 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Libronyscien wrote:Thanks.

He has his moments.

I suppose you're right.
3 This is a joke.

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:30 pm

Libronyscien wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:Because one time I was typing your name my phone wanted to auto-correct to that, and I said "fuck it" and ran with it.

Flamboyant.

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Libronyscien
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Libronyscien » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:32 pm

Luziyca wrote:
Libronyscien wrote:Thought so.

Those who are serious aren't font of games like these. Right, Lib?

I've never played cards against humanity before.
3 This is a joke.

Libronyscien
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Libronyscien » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:33 pm

Forsher wrote:
Libronyscien wrote:Oh, yeah. What is Liberace anyways?

Flamboyant.

Huh. Imagine that.
3 This is a joke.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:33 pm

Dyakovo wrote:Ah, fuck. I really don't want to go to California...

Who does, tahoo is Nice, rough drive this time of year.

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Gidgetisms
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 11, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Gidgetisms » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:34 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:Ah, fuck. I really don't want to go to California...

Who does, tahoo is Nice, rough drive this time of year.

tahoo?
Gidge's Art Hole viewtopic.php?p=13913891#p13913891
Poetry viewtopic.php?p=9776917#p9776917
Escalation complete: Lordy is my cuddly BFF

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:36 pm

Gidgetisms wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Who does, tahoo is Nice, rough drive this time of year.

tahoo?

Tahoo, tahoe, just one little vowel.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:38 pm

Libronyscien wrote:
Luziyca wrote:Those who are serious aren't font of games like these. Right, Lib?

I've never played cards against humanity before.

I liked one of those that I saw by following one of the links. It was something like "I have spent my whole life working towards" (Historical Revisionism) "Only to have it ruined by" (A Time Travel Paradox)

Gidgetisms
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 11, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Gidgetisms » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:39 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Gidgetisms wrote:tahoo?

Tahoo, tahoe, just one little vowel.

ohhhhh. Tahoe
Gidge's Art Hole viewtopic.php?p=13913891#p13913891
Poetry viewtopic.php?p=9776917#p9776917
Escalation complete: Lordy is my cuddly BFF

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:40 pm

Libronyscien wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:Because one time I was typing your name my phone wanted to auto-correct to that, and I said "fuck it" and ran with it.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberace
Married to Koshka

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General