NATION

PASSWORD

TET: Like the Offensive?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:38 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Orles wrote:You'll have to come remove it.

Where are you?

On a laptop/computer/smartphone/tablet/whatever typing.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:40 pm

Orles wrote:Anyways, do you know what you're majoring in yet?

Things work a little differently here: you're an odd bod if you don't start off knowing your major/s (it is something you put down on your applications, for instance). I was intending on a BA/BCom with Maths, History and Economics but I found the two maths courses I did a bit too challenging for that so now I am down for Stats, History and Economics.

It's the European History course I did last year that I still haven't got back. Which sucks because I can't quite remember the arguments that I made in the two essays I did (for the exam) and I really want to read them.
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Libronyscien
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Libronyscien » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:43 pm

Luziyca wrote:
Libronyscien wrote:I don't think they hire sheep.

To be fair, they hire sheeple. :P

True.
For: LGBTQ+, Choice, Equalist1,
Against: Racism2, Sexism, Homophobia, Heterophobia3, Feminazi.
1 If you have a problem with this then find a way to deal with it.
2 Some forms of racism are acceptable in my opinion. I hate the marathon race so much.
3 This is a joke.

Libronyscien
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Libronyscien » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:44 pm

DesAnges wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
I have a Skype, somewhere. I think. Do I? Hm... can't recall.

I've got like three, none of which I can remember the passwords to.

I have two. One is for people I know in real life. The other is called Liberonscien
2 Some forms of racism are acceptable in my opinion. I hate the marathon race so much.
3 This is a joke.

Orles
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Orles » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:45 pm

Forsher wrote:
Orles wrote:Anyways, do you know what you're majoring in yet?

Things work a little differently here: you're an odd bod if you don't start off knowing your major/s (it is something you put down on your applications, for instance). I was intending on a BA/BCom with Maths, History and Economics but I found the two maths courses I did a bit too challenging for that so now I am down for Stats, History and Economics.

It's the European History course I did last year that I still haven't got back. Which sucks because I can't quite remember the arguments that I made in the two essays I did (for the exam) and I really want to read them.

Maths are the best, though I can understand that they're hellishly difficult. At least, since you started there, you're probably not one of those people that make me sad by saying "bluh I hate math why is this a thing."
And that always happens to me when doing history essays. I can never remember what exactly I argued in the moment, then later I get it back and think "hey, that was pretty smart of me."

Ethel mermania wrote:
Orles wrote:You'll have to come remove it.

Where are you?

Right where you left me when you put the five dollars there.
Last edited by Orles on Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know about happiness, but virtue's overrated

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:48 pm

Second course of antibiotics, I guess here we come. Damn it. And doxicycline too. That thing has always helped me fight infections, from the getgo. Perhaps I grew some sort of resistance to it.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:48 pm

Orles wrote:
Forsher wrote:

Maths are the best, though I can understand that they're hellishly difficult. At least, since you started there, you're probably not one of those people that make me sad by saying "bluh I hate math why is this a thing."
And that always happens to me when doing history essays. I can never remember what exactly I argued in the moment, then later I get it back and think "hey, that was pretty smart of me."

Ethel mermania wrote:Where are you?

:lol: but you were supposed to pay meeeeee
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Libronyscien
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Libronyscien » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:51 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Eleanor Ritas wrote:
Right. You know what kind of drama people need?

Asian Drama.

TElenova's. I wIsh I spoke spanish, I swear I never saw so many heaving breasts in my life.

Wait what.
3 This is a joke.

Edgy Opinions
Senator

Founded: Dec 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Edgy Opinions » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:51 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Second course of antibiotics, I guess here we come. Damn it. And doxicycline too. That thing has always helped me fight infections, from the getgo. Perhaps I grew some sort of resistance to it.

I only really had to take large doses of antibiotics to fight skin-type bacteria colonization in my ear, Eustachian tubes and sinuses, but it was pretty fucking resistant and I had to take it for months as a child.

My immune system is more of overreacted than deficient.
Kotturheim's contagious despair.
100% self-impressed 20-year-old cadoneutrois-pangender imprigender genderblur fluidflux bi-pan/gray-ace/gray-aro Brazilian.
Into: your gender, anarchism/communism, obliteration of kyriarchy, environment, other obvious '-10.00, -9.13 in political compass' stuff
Anti: your gender (undo it interacting with me), Born This Way (also medicalism/pathologization/eugenics), outer space, abuse/predation, owners, power, hierarchy, internalization/privilege goggles (essential to the continuity of identity with power/hierarchy systems), essentialism/determinism, nihilism/defeatism

Furry Alairia and Algeria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Furry Alairia and Algeria » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:52 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Orles wrote:Maths are the best, though I can understand that they're hellishly difficult. At least, since you started there, you're probably not one of those people that make me sad by saying "bluh I hate math why is this a thing."

Can't someone else pay you?
In memory of Dyakovo - may he never be forgotten - Дьяковожс ученик

I do not reply to telegrams, unless you are someone I know.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:53 pm

Edgy Opinions wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Second course of antibiotics, I guess here we come. Damn it. And doxicycline too. That thing has always helped me fight infections, from the getgo. Perhaps I grew some sort of resistance to it.

I only really had to take large doses of antibiotics to fight skin-type bacteria colonization in my ear, Eustachian tubes and sinuses, but it was pretty fucking resistant and I had to take it for months as a child.

Ouch, I hear terrible things about the Eustachian tubes. I had a co-worker who had to have her daughter undergo that. I think she was off and on on antibiotics for at least a year. And that was before the surgery.
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

Orles
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Orles » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:53 pm

Libronyscien wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:TElenova's. I wIsh I spoke spanish, I swear I never saw so many heaving breasts in my life.

Wait what.

Bruh, you know the covers of cheesy romance novels? Bosoms barely covered and shit? Telenovelas look a lot like that.
Ethel mermania wrote:
Orles wrote:Maths are the best, though I can understand that they're hellishly difficult. At least, since you started there, you're probably not one of those people that make me sad by saying "bluh I hate math why is this a thing."

Well I can't really use the money in its current location anyway, so let's just call it even.

Libronyscien
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Libronyscien » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:54 pm

Furry Alairia and Algeria wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
The constant whining does get to you at some point. All you have to do is be yourself.

That can go to bad places sometimes.

Yeah there are some people out there that shouldn't be who they are.
3 This is a joke.

Edgy Opinions
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Edgy Opinions » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:55 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Edgy Opinions wrote:I only really had to take large doses of antibiotics to fight skin-type bacteria colonization in my ear, Eustachian tubes and sinuses, but it was pretty fucking resistant and I had to take it for months as a child.

Ouch, I hear terrible things about the Eustachian tubes. I had a co-worker who had to have her daughter undergo that. I think she was off and on on antibiotics for at least a year. And that was before the surgery.

Yeah, I was almost 2 years on antibiotics, from age 2 till almost age 4.

I reached a 42°C fever and several febrile seizures because of it, when I had middle otitis. >_>
100% self-impressed 20-year-old cadoneutrois-pangender imprigender genderblur fluidflux bi-pan/gray-ace/gray-aro Brazilian.
Into: your gender, anarchism/communism, obliteration of kyriarchy, environment, other obvious '-10.00, -9.13 in political compass' stuff
Anti: your gender (undo it interacting with me), Born This Way (also medicalism/pathologization/eugenics), outer space, abuse/predation, owners, power, hierarchy, internalization/privilege goggles (essential to the continuity of identity with power/hierarchy systems), essentialism/determinism, nihilism/defeatism

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:56 pm

Edgy Opinions wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Ouch, I hear terrible things about the Eustachian tubes. I had a co-worker who had to have her daughter undergo that. I think she was off and on on antibiotics for at least a year. And that was before the surgery.

Yeah, I was almost 2 years on antibiotics, from age 2 till almost age 4.

I reached a 42°C fever and several febrile seizures because of it, when I had middle otitis. >_>

Well, I'm glad that was resolved. Fever induced seizures can cause terrible problems.

Ok, time to rest. Good meowight!
Slava Ukraini

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:56 pm

How do you approach essays? I mean, the main reason why I can't remember the main thrust of my argument is because I don't come up with elaborate plans. I turn up, remember the important bits of evidence and the write what is, effectively, an entirely new essay every time. Apparently, most of my friends approach essays having basically learnt an essay.

One time, for English, my approach generated an essay that was very different to the other ones I had done on Lord of the Flies. A large part of that was due to the questions we were given by the national examining body (NZQA) being deliberately divergent to the ones used in exemplars. I did well, which made the later realisation that I misread the question as being about "analyse conflict" rather than "analyse a conflict" all the more intriguing. Maybe the marker also misread it because I wrote, quite clearly, about three different conflicts in the novel.
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Edgy Opinions
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Edgy Opinions » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:56 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Well, I'm glad that was resolved. Fever induced seizures can cause terrible problems.

Ok, time to rest. Good meowight!

Goodie, sleep tight!

Orles
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Orles » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:00 pm

Forsher wrote:

How do you approach essays? I mean, the main reason why I can't remember the main thrust of my argument is because I don't come up with elaborate plans. I turn up, remember the important bits of evidence and the write what is, effectively, an entirely new essay every time. Apparently, most of my friends approach essays having basically learnt an essay.

One time, for English, my approach generated an essay that was very different to the other ones I had done on Lord of the Flies. A large part of that was due to the questions we were given by the national examining body (NZQA) being deliberately divergent to the ones used in exemplars. I did well, which made the later realisation that I misread the question as being about "analyse conflict" rather than "analyse a conflict" all the more intriguing. Maybe the marker also misread it because I wrote, quite clearly, about three different conflicts in the novel.

History essays I refuse to study for, show up, and wing it. Everyone I know studies their asses off, shows up, freaks out a little when none of the options match closely enough to what they studied for their comfort, and then writes an essay trying to use what they studied. I tend to do better, much to the studiers' chagrin. Same thing with English. Sure, maybe I'll reread the source material, but usually only if I'm bored.

I'm one of those students...

Libronyscien
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Libronyscien » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:00 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Lordieth wrote:
Exactly. I come to TET to get away from worrying about things. If I can't feel like I can relax and be how I feel, then I wouldn't enjoy my time here.

Exactly. I do venture into some threads, but because of the nature of TET, because I know I can relax here is the reason I stay. It's probably the reason the regulars stay too.

TET is the main reason I've stayed. Seeing the issues and debating is fun but without TET, it feels off.
3 This is a joke.

Orles
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Orles » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:02 pm

Libronyscien wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Exactly. I do venture into some threads, but because of the nature of TET, because I know I can relax here is the reason I stay. It's probably the reason the regulars stay too.

TET is the main reason I've stayed. Seeing the issues and debating is fun but without TET, it feels off.

It's why I leave TET for long stretches of time and then use it a whole bunch for a short while.

Seraven
Senator

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Seraven » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:02 pm

Orles wrote:
Forsher wrote:

History essays I refuse to study for, show up, and wing it. Everyone I know studies their asses off, shows up, freaks out a little when none of the options match closely enough to what they studied for their comfort, and then writes an essay trying to use what they studied. I tend to do better, much to the studiers' chagrin. Same thing with English. Sure, maybe I'll reread the source material, but usually only if I'm bored.

Those?
Copper can change as its quality went down.
Gold can't change, for its quality never went down.
The Alma Mater wrote:
Seraven wrote:I know right! Whites enslaved the natives, they killed them, they converted them forcibly, they acted like a better human beings than the Muslims.

An excellent example of why allowing unrestricted immigration of people with a very different culture might not be the best idea ever :P

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:03 pm

Orles wrote:
Libronyscien wrote:Wait what.

Bruh, you know the covers of cheesy romance novels? Bosoms barely covered and shit? Telenovelas look a lot like that.
Ethel mermania wrote:l
Well I can't really use the money in its current location anyway, so let's just call it even.

I am so bad at this being a whore biz. I need lessons.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:06 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Orles wrote:Bruh, you know the covers of cheesy romance novels? Bosoms barely covered and shit? Telenovelas look a lot like that.Well I can't really use the money in its current location anyway, so let's just call it even.

You can book an appointment for a personal bunga bunga party with Silvio Berlusconi. He'll teach ya. ;)
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:08 pm

Furry Alairia and Algeria wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote: :lol: but you were supposed to pay meeeeee

Can't someone else pay you?

Who would?
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Orles
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Orles » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:08 pm

Seraven wrote:
Orles wrote:History essays I refuse to study for, show up, and wing it. Everyone I know studies their asses off, shows up, freaks out a little when none of the options match closely enough to what they studied for their comfort, and then writes an essay trying to use what they studied. I tend to do better, much to the studiers' chagrin. Same thing with English. Sure, maybe I'll reread the source material, but usually only if I'm bored.

Those?

My peers tell me that if I ever tried I would be absolutely incredible. Instead I spend my time on NS, and am instead only significantly-better-than-average.

Ethel mermania wrote:
Orles wrote:Bruh, you know the covers of cheesy romance novels? Bosoms barely covered and shit? Telenovelas look a lot like that.Well I can't really use the money in its current location anyway, so let's just call it even.

Walk around outside some. Approach the next person you see, shaking your hips as you walk, and speak sultrily. Even if it's a police officer. Especially if it's a police officer. If you're good enough at it, it doesn't even matter what you say.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General