NATION

PASSWORD

Ferguson Megathread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:16 pm

"Hands up! Don't shoot!" (repeat)
- Protestors to police
_REPUBLIC OF WEST AURELIA_
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:16 pm

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Or it could make the rioters more aggressive and bent on more destruction.

You'd be surprised how staring down the barrel of an M-1 Abrams can change your perspective.

And I wonder how many people calling for tanks in Ferguson bitched about Tiananmen Square?
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:16 pm

Margno wrote:
Normlpeople wrote:These people wouldn't know a police state. If America was they would be a pile of corpses right now. Its amusing that somehow looting, vandalizing and stealing privately owned property is somehow 'justice'.

Fuck private property.

That escalated quickly.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:16 pm

Normally a shotgun would be enough for a civilian to protect themselves, but this rare situation seems to warrant assault weapons with high capacity magazines at minimum. To have a fighting chance against a full crowd of people, 30 or more rounds would prove decisive.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Anglo-California
Minister

Founded: May 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo-California » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:16 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Anglo-California wrote:
Most mainstream Republicans are not Stormfront users. You should see what Stormfront has to say about those Israel-worshippers.

So you admit that there are Republicans on Stormfront, and therefore there are people on Stormfront who will also make those types of comments to justify their racism. Okay then.

Maybe registered Republican voters, but certainly nobody who is actively invested in Mitt Romney's political career.

The same could be said of Democrats and Marxist sites. Sure, Marxists will lean Democrat because they are the lesser of two evil their eyes, but that doesn't mean they're actually Democrats.
American nationalist. Secular Traditionalist.
On the American Revolution.

3rd Place for Sexiest Male under 18.
Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce

Vjaarland
Envoy

Founded: May 19, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vjaarland » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:16 pm

West Aurelia wrote:Man just yelled to police: "Eh! Wear your white hoods!"

Charming people.
[16:08] <Arkiasis> What's Vjaarland doing tonight? The same thing he does every night. Try and take over the world!

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:17 pm

Gauthier wrote:

You'd be surprised how staring down the barrel of an M-1 Abrams can change your perspective.

And I wonder how many people calling for tanks in Ferguson bitched about Tiananmen Square?

How is this even related to the Ferguson case?
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:17 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:
the defense has the ability to present evidence to the grand jury as well, they usually dont as they dont want to show their hand to the prosectutor before they have too. Grand jury testimony is admissible at trial and can be used against them. As i said i think the prosectutor tactics were to give them everything to cover his ass, and i think it was smart on his part as well, because wilsons team was going to enter it if he didnt. I think wilson talking to them was a good move by the defense team. I am sure the grand jury was aware defendants usually dont.

You are right, he probably has not had testified as a defendant, but its a process i would think he is comfortable in and that comfort level during testimony would lead the grand jury to believe he was telling the turth.

Seriously, I have never, ever heard of a prosecutor presenting exculpatory evidence to a grand jury without giving it a perspective less favorable to the defendant.

I dont follow the grand jury process well enough to comment, and I dont know that he gave it less than favorable. but its too late and i am to tired to continue. so good night yummy and all

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:17 pm

"Please disperse the police!"
- Protestor

"You set the country on fire!"
- Protestors

Uh… I think it's the other way around.
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:17 pm

Sounds like rioters are moving on a Quik-Trip.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Ralkovian Grand Island
Minister

Founded: Dec 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralkovian Grand Island » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:17 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Ralkovian Grand Island wrote:
Personally I like to keep my masturbation and my fantasies of race war separate.

See, this is why the racists are losing: no ability to multi-task.

Nah, it's the lawsuits. Muh muhney is more important than muh race.
Lyras:You know, you're a sick fuck, yes?
Ralk: I have stacks on stacks and racks on racks of slaves.
BlueHorizons: It sounds like you're doing a commercial for the most morbid children's board game ever, Ralk.

Estainia: The countless genocides...So many countless genocides.

Old Tyrannia wrote:You've never met Ralk before, have you? Ralk doesn't have friends.
He only respects the strong, and preys on the weak.
He might act polite and smile all the time, but always remember...
The day will come when you'll wake up to find him looming over your bed,
knife in hand, and he'll still be smiling.

Constaniana wrote:Ralk is evil incarnate, shouldn't you know this by now?

Seriong wrote:Ralk isn't a troll, he's just despicable.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:17 pm

Gauthier wrote:

Tanks rolling over peaceful protesters =/= tanks rolling over violent rioters.

The Lone Star Republics
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lone Star Republics » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:17 pm

Soldati senza confini wrote:
The Lone Star Republics wrote:You seem to imply this is to do with race. I made sure to specify this has all to do with the subculture and value system, and nothing to do with the color of ones skin.
The ability to see beyond color and to see rather the content of ones character is what MLK wanted, not this.

That is a cute defense "BUT WHAT WOULD MLK DO?!" just like Christians also go "THINK ABOUT WHAT JESUS WOULD DO?!" as a defense for horrible ideas.

If you need to use a historical figure to justify your already horrible argument, then you should feel bad and ashamed of even thinking that way.

You should specify more, what "horrible ideas" am i advocating?
I point out a skewed values system that perpetuates the the violence that is being live streamed as we speak. Nothing to do with race. I hoped i had made clear my stance that that i see nothing in race, only in character.
The Commonwealth of The Lone Star Republics
This nation mostly resembles my actual values. Mostly. With a bit of extremism.
JE SUIS CHARLIE
I STAND WITH UKRAINE
Economic Left/Right: 5.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.62

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:17 pm

Anglo-California wrote:Maybe registered Republican voters, but certainly nobody who is actively invested in Mitt Romney's political career.

So they're Republicans.
Anglo-California wrote:The same could be said of Democrats and Marxist sites. Sure, Marxists will lean Democrat because they are the lesser of two evil their eyes, but that doesn't mean they're actually Democrats.

No, that precisely what it means.

You're making this way too complicated, when it's simple as fuck.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Anglo-California
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo-California » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:18 pm

Anglo-California wrote:
Most mainstream Republicans are not Stormfront users. You should see what Stormfront has to say about those Israel-worshippers.

See, this sounds like "not all men".

All Republicans are not the issue.

Republicans are the issue. Stormfront is the issue.

Stop making it about all or nothing.

What?

I'm not. I'm just saying that Stormfront is not a Republican hang-out.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:18 pm

Margno wrote:
Normlpeople wrote:These people wouldn't know a police state. If America was they would be a pile of corpses right now. Its amusing that somehow looting, vandalizing and stealing privately owned property is somehow 'justice'.

Fuck private property.

Well this is quite the development.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:18 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

So you're saying main battle tanks are justified in Ferguson?
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:18 pm

Vjaarland wrote:
West Aurelia wrote:Man just yelled to police: "Eh! Wear your white hoods!"

Charming people.

Just saw two protestors wearing white jumpers with white hoods on the live stream. Heh.
Last edited by West Aurelia on Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

Asyir
Minister

Founded: Oct 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Asyir » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:18 pm

West Aurelia wrote:"Please disperse the police!"
- Protestor

"You set the country on fire!"
- Protestors

Uh… I think it's the other way around.

Not to them.
Team Pelinal for life!

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:18 pm

Anglo-California wrote:
See, this sounds like "not all men".

All Republicans are not the issue.

Republicans are the issue. Stormfront is the issue.

Stop making it about all or nothing.

What?

I'm not. I'm just saying that Stormfront is not a Republican hang-out.

What's Stormfront?

Vjaarland
Envoy

Founded: May 19, 2013

Postby Vjaarland » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:18 pm

Saiwania wrote:Normally a shotgun would be enough for a civilian to protect themselves, but this rare situation seems to warrant assault weapons with high capacity magazines at minimum. To have a fighting chance against a full crowd of people, 30 or more rounds would prove decisive.

Hence I am glad to be a gun owner right now.

Although I don't intend to go out looking for trouble.
[16:08] <Arkiasis> What's Vjaarland doing tonight? The same thing he does every night. Try and take over the world!

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:18 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

So you're saying main battle tanks are justified in Ferguson?

Did I say, anywhere, that battle tanks in Ferguson are justified?
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Ralkovian Grand Island
Minister

Founded: Dec 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralkovian Grand Island » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:18 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Ralkovian Grand Island wrote:
An armed society of Koreans is a polite society.

Doesn't get any politer than Pyongyang.

Hey have you seen their streets? No darkies hanging 'round there.
Lyras:You know, you're a sick fuck, yes?
Ralk: I have stacks on stacks and racks on racks of slaves.
BlueHorizons: It sounds like you're doing a commercial for the most morbid children's board game ever, Ralk.

Estainia: The countless genocides...So many countless genocides.

Old Tyrannia wrote:You've never met Ralk before, have you? Ralk doesn't have friends.
He only respects the strong, and preys on the weak.
He might act polite and smile all the time, but always remember...
The day will come when you'll wake up to find him looming over your bed,
knife in hand, and he'll still be smiling.

Constaniana wrote:Ralk is evil incarnate, shouldn't you know this by now?

Seriong wrote:Ralk isn't a troll, he's just despicable.

Skappola
Minister

Founded: May 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Skappola » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:19 pm

Video of burning New York Grill:
https://www.reddit.com/live/tdrph3y49ftn/
Political Compass: Economic: 1.63 Social: -6.72
Political Ideology: Neoliberal Civil Libertarian
I Enjoy: Blues, Paradox Games and Sci-fi

Anglo-California
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo-California » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:19 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Anglo-California wrote:Maybe registered Republican voters, but certainly nobody who is actively invested in Mitt Romney's political career.

So they're Republicans.
Anglo-California wrote:The same could be said of Democrats and Marxist sites. Sure, Marxists will lean Democrat because they are the lesser of two evil their eyes, but that doesn't mean they're actually Democrats.

No, that precisely what it means.

You're making this way too complicated, when it's simple as fuck.

So am I a Republican because I agree with the Republicans on like three issues whereas I agree with Democrats on like one issue?

Because I will reject that label. I am not a Republican.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General