NATION

PASSWORD

Is Wicca bad?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Is Wicca "bad"?

Yes
23%
No
64%
Other
13%

Total votes : 253

Qubec
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Is Wicca bad?

Postby Qubec » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:38 pm

Recently I have noticed an increase of Wicca in my area. Some new Wiccian shops have been opened and has caused an uproar in my community. Many people seem to think of Wicca as evil and something against god. What do you think NSG? Is Wicca "bad"? Why or why not?

For those of you who do not know what wicca is ---> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wicca

As a Wiccian myself i think wicca is very misunderstood. Wicca is a religion of peace, tolerance, and respect for others and the environment. I think if people did their research and really studied Wicca and new what we really are we would be more accepted.
Last edited by Qubec on Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Digital Planets
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Digital Planets » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:40 pm

Where do you live that this is all taking place in?
So you decide to open it anyway? What the heck, man?

Qubec
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Qubec » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:44 pm

I live in California

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:45 pm

Qubec wrote:Recently I have noticed an increase of thing Wiccan in my area. Some new Wiccian shops have been opened and has caused an uproar in my community. Many people seem to think of Wicca as evil and something against god. What do you think NSG? Is Wicca "bad"? Why or why not?

For those of you who do not know what wicca is ---> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wicca

As a Wiccian myself i think wicca is very misunderstood. Wicca is a religion of peace, tolerance, and respect for others and the environment. I thin if people did their research and really studied Wicca and new what we really are we would be more accepted.

It's not bad, and I'm not aware of anyone who views it that way except for the more extreme and radical members of other religions. The worst that I've seen outside of the hardcore religious types is people thinking that it's a bit silly. For the most part, though, the only people Wiccans need to look out for are other Wiccans.

Digital Planets
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Digital Planets » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:46 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Qubec wrote:Recently I have noticed an increase of thing Wiccan in my area. Some new Wiccian shops have been opened and has caused an uproar in my community. Many people seem to think of Wicca as evil and something against god. What do you think NSG? Is Wicca "bad"? Why or why not?

As a Wiccian myself i think wicca is very misunderstood. Wicca is a religion of peace, tolerance, and respect for others and the environment. I thin if people did their research and really studied Wicca and new what we really are we would be more accepted.

It's not bad, and I'm not aware of anyone who views it that way except for the more extreme and radical members of other religions. The worst that I've seen outside of the hardcore religious types is people thinking that it's a bit silly. For the most part, though, the only people Wiccans need to look out for are other Wiccans.

And Bill O'Reilly.

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:46 pm

Qubec wrote:I live in California

That's a big state. I should know; I live in the Southern part. Are you in a less metropolitan area?

Syike
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Syike » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:46 pm

I've got a friend who's Wicca. She's pretty cool, but the only issue is that she dresses kinda fucky and declares it religious.

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:47 pm

Digital Planets wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

And Bill O'Reilly.

Right, I forgot "Dickheads on the right who are looking for ratings." Geraldo Rivera was the same back in the 80s.

Qubec
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Qubec » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:47 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Qubec wrote:I live in California

That's a big state. I should know; I live in the Southern part. Are you in a less metropolitan area?

Yes i live in a very mormon area which I think explains it

Digital Planets
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Digital Planets » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:48 pm

Syike wrote:I've got a friend who's Wicca. She's pretty cool, but the only issue is that she dresses kinda fucky and declares it religious.

Ooooh, kinky.

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:48 pm

Qubec wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Yeah, if you live in a religious community, it's a bit trickier.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:48 pm

Wicca is pretty cool.

I've actually kind of gotten more into Christianity in the last year or two, but I used to be very interested in Wicca, and I have friends who are still into it. It's a really nice belief. I might actually look back into it, or old times sake.

And I live in the Deep South. Surprisingly, we have quite a few non-Christians where I live.
Last edited by Torsiedelle on Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Digital Planets
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Digital Planets » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:49 pm

Qubec wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Oh shit, Mormons? That's bad news.

Qubec
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Qubec » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:49 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Qubec wrote:

Yeah, if you live in a religious community, it's a bit trickier.

lucky i'm moving to hopefully a more accepting area

T Roosevelt
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby T Roosevelt » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:50 pm

Wicca is bad organizationally, it's decentralized and its practices aren't enforceable. Pagans need administrators identical to a church to actually be a religion. Where is the sacred text?
Last edited by T Roosevelt on Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: 4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 9.08

Click here and be a Rough Rider.

[My ideal wife]

[JOIN THE GOP]

Digital Planets
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Digital Planets » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:51 pm

T Roosevelt wrote:Wicca is bad organizationally, it's decentralized and its practices aren't enforceable. Pagans need administrators identical to a church to actually be a religion.

I think you need to reword that. Paganism is considered religion.

Qubec
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Qubec » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:51 pm

T Roosevelt wrote:Wicca is bad organizationally, it's decentralized and its practices aren't enforceable. Pagans need administrators identical to a church to actually be a religion.

Thats what I love about Wicca. There is no one person or small group of people who are seen as better than others. Everyone is equal. (unless in a coven)

Cetacea
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cetacea » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:52 pm

To the extent that it is an amalgam of diverse syncretic traditions and assumptions fabricated in the 20th century and still seeking an overarching definition and legitamacy, yes it is bad.

As a religion faithfully practiced by its adherents, it is no different to any other religion.

Terraguerra
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Terraguerra » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:53 pm

Wicca? Bad? No, not at all. All the wiccans I've met (my father included) have been very nice people.

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:53 pm

As someone who used to identify as Wiccan (I've moved since then to Agnostic Eclectic Paganism, but that's a discussion for another time), I can certify that it is most certainly not a "bad" religion. I mean, Gardnerian Wicca is a bit strange, but overall it's pretty cool.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

T Roosevelt
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby T Roosevelt » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:53 pm

Digital Planets wrote:

There's nothing religious about paganism when there's no sacred texts or clerics.
Economic Left/Right: 4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 9.08

Click here and be a Rough Rider.

[My ideal wife]

[JOIN THE GOP]

Qubec
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Qubec » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:54 pm

T Roosevelt wrote:
Digital Planets wrote:

There's nothing religious about paganism when there's no sacred texts or clerics.

not true there are Book of Shadows as well as others

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:54 pm

Wicca is terrible. It reflects a very real and deep disrespect for historical polytheistic and animistic traditions.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Qubec
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Qubec » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:55 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:Wicca is terrible. It reflects a very real and deep disrespect for historical polytheistic and animistic traditions.

so its bad because its not your religion?

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:55 pm

T Roosevelt wrote:There's nothing religious about paganism when there's no sacred texts or clerics.

Er...
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General