NATION

PASSWORD

Indian boy burnt to death over a stray goat: police

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Rhodisia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Indian boy burnt to death over a stray goat: police

Postby Rhodisia » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:37 pm

*yes, I'm looking at you, scomagia*

A low-caste teenage boy in India has been burnt to death for letting his goat stray into paddy fields belonging to a high-caste farmer, police say.

Sai Ram was attacked on Wednesday night in a village in Rohtas district of Bihar, one of India's most populous, underdeveloped and impoverished states.

Mr Kushwaha said police had registered a murder case against the farmer, who was arrested on Thursday, after the boy's family went to police requesting action.

"Police have begun their investigation into the case and raids continued to arrest the accused, who had absconded after the incident," he said.

The original article is located here.

IMO it's barbaric that something like this took place in India, a modern and westernized country, which is also by sheer population the world's largest representative democracy.

What say you, NSG?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pro: Sortition, gold standard, small and efficient government, concise laws, community policing, responsible private gun ownership, school choice, absolutely free market, low taxes, net neutrality, press freedom, etc

Against: Dynasties, fiat currency, excessive bureaucracy, verbose laws, police militarization, gun control, state-only education, crony capitalism, high taxes, net non-neutrality, censorship, empire, etc
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Federal Republic of Simonia
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federal Republic of Simonia » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:40 pm

Sadly stuff like this isn't anything new to India.
This poster might possibly be Euro-Skeptic enough to join UKIP!
Low: My best Bro
Xana: The Ferret princess
(if you want in then ask)
My flag usually is of my favourite anime at the time, if you want to know what anime it is just ask.

Now the one and only psychotic scarf maker, want a scarf? Ask away!
Warning, scarves are not real scarves

Sad Times when you're ignored by friends ;-;

Tyrinth
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tyrinth » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:40 pm

Stupid people do stupid things for stupid reasons all the time all over the world.

Is there a trend of such things happening in India, or is this isolated?
さあ、一緒に狂いましょう。
Ardoki wrote:Hitler was basically a libertarian, he supported the libertarian ideology of social Darwinism.

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:40 pm

I didn't think someone would use the caste system to that extend. It is terrible what happened and hopefully charges will be set.
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

Cyrisnia
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrisnia » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:49 pm

This pisses me off.
R E D L E G S

【BORN TO ABOLISH】
SOUTH IS A F**K
鬼神 Kill Em All 1859
I am free man
410,757,864,530 DEAD REBS

Rebellious Fishermen
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rebellious Fishermen » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:30 pm

There must be more to the story.

Sebastianbourg
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sebastianbourg » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:34 pm

I wouldn't say India is as modern and westernised as you believe it to be!

Cyrisnia
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrisnia » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 pm

Sebastianbourg wrote:I wouldn't say India is as modern and westernised as you believe it to be!

R E D L E G S

【BORN TO ABOLISH】
SOUTH IS A F**K
鬼神 Kill Em All 1859
I am free man
410,757,864,530 DEAD REBS

Lordieth
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 18, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lordieth » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:38 pm

Tyrinth wrote:Stupid people do stupid things for stupid reasons all the time all over the world.

Is there a trend of such things happening in India, or is this isolated?

Not the first story involving a clash between the low-caste and high-caste, I'm sure.
There was a signature here. It's gone now.

The Republic of Pantalleria
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:39 pm

Rhodisia wrote:*yes, I'm looking at you, scomagia*

A low-caste teenage boy in India has been burnt to death for letting his goat stray into paddy fields belonging to a high-caste farmer, police say.

Sai Ram was attacked on Wednesday night in a village in Rohtas district of Bihar, one of India's most populous, underdeveloped and impoverished states.

Mr Kushwaha said police had registered a murder case against the farmer, who was arrested on Thursday, after the boy's family went to police requesting action.

"Police have begun their investigation into the case and raids continued to arrest the accused, who had absconded after the incident," he said.

IMO it's barbaric that something like this took place in India, a modern and westernized country, which is also by sheer population the world's largest representative democracy.

What say you, NSG?

The Indian state at the moment is more of a medieval version of England, except that their religious beliefs actually put them in a position to not only hate each other, but also where diseases are rampant and the Government is unable to care for most of its 1 billion citizens. Also arranged marriages are still a thing so I'm kinda biased against India's beliefs at the moment...
The Pantallerian Economy and Other Details

The Pantallerian Bureau of Tourism: Treading on maggots since we got our magnificent go go boots.

Furry Alairia and Algeria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Furry Alairia and Algeria » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:40 pm

The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:

What say you, NSG?

The Indian state at the moment is more of a medieval version of England, except that their religious beliefs actually put them in a position to not only hate each other, but also where diseases are rampant and the Government is unable to care for most of its 1 billion citizens. Also arranged marriages are still a thing so I'm kinda biased against India's beliefs at the moment...

Arranged marriages are for Pakistan, Afghanistan and Yemen. Comparing those two, India is more or less a little off par with the three.
In memory of Dyakovo - may he never be forgotten - Дьяковожс ученик

I do not reply to telegrams, unless you are someone I know.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:41 pm

Furry Alairia and Algeria wrote:
The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:The Indian state at the moment is more of a medieval version of England, except that their religious beliefs actually put them in a position to not only hate each other, but also where diseases are rampant and the Government is unable to care for most of its 1 billion citizens. Also arranged marriages are still a thing so I'm kinda biased against India's beliefs at the moment...

Arranged marriages are for Pakistan, Afghanistan and Yemen. Comparing those two, India is more or less a little off par with the three.

I also have low opinions of those countries...

The Pantallerian Bureau of Tourism: Treading on maggots since we got our magnificent go go boots.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Furry Alairia and Algeria » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:42 pm

Furry Alairia and Algeria wrote:Arranged marriages are for Pakistan, Afghanistan and Yemen. Comparing those two, India is more or less a little off par with the three.

I also have low opinions of those countries...

Everyone does, though India is attempting to keep the situations of its country under control as far as it can go, though admission to that it can go farther.

Allet Klar Chefs
Minister

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Allet Klar Chefs » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:43 pm

Rhodisia wrote:MO it's barbaric that something like this took place in India, a modern and westernized country

Mmm apart from it isn't modern or particularly westernised in many areas.
What say you, NSG?

What, you think someone's going to say "nah it was good?"

Fukien
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Fukien » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:44 pm

Rhodisia wrote:IMO it's barbaric that something like this took place in India, a modern and westernized country

Obviously, you don't know much about India.

I mean, did you even read your own article?

Modernization in India is fairly uneven at best. And I'd hardly say that it's "Westernized".

Besides, it's not like barbaric killings don't occur in "Westernized" countries.
將欲取天下而爲之、吾見其不得已。天下神器。不可爲也。爲者敗之、執者失之。故物或行或隨、或歔或吹、或強或羸、或載或 隳 。是以聖人、去甚、去奢、去泰。

Illuminination
Attaché

Founded: Jul 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Illuminination » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:45 pm

Seems reasonable.

/s
I go by Illumine in non-RP situations--though some of my region mates seem to prefer war mongerer at times. Both Invictus and Illumin are correct for identifying those from Illuminination. Illuminian refers to a person from the whole of Illumine and not just Illuminination.
Defcon 4:
Peace Not Finalized
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature
:Member of the United National Group:

Sun Wukong
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sun Wukong » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:47 pm

What say you, NSG?

And by "medieval" England, you mean England 100 years ago. Where arranged marriages were common, diseases were rampant among the lower class, which the government largely ignored, and the Catholics and the Protestants were at each other's throats.
Great Sage, Equal of Heaven.

Rebellious Fishermen
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rebellious Fishermen » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:48 pm

Illuminination wrote:Seems reasonable.

/s

Here, here!

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:48 pm

Furry Alairia and Algeria wrote:
The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:I also have low opinions of those countries...

Everyone does, though India is attempting to keep the situations of its country under control as far as it can go, though admission to that it can go farther.

At the end of the day, the Indians are in a very disadvantageous position at the moment, they have to deal with internal affairs such as poverty, crime, a slowing economy and rampant corruption. They also have to deal with the Commies to the north and their Muslim neighbours who have nuclear weapons yet can't keep the Taliban from crossing their borders from Afghanistan. Then there's this whole Hinduism thing that they exercise, which is really destroying their capacity to effectively prevent a disease, i.e. Ebola
Last edited by The Republic of Pantalleria on Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:52 pm

Sun Wukong wrote:
The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:The Indian state at the moment is more of a medieval version of England, except that their religious beliefs actually put them in a position to not only hate each other, but also where diseases are rampant and the Government is unable to care for most of its 1 billion citizens. Also arranged marriages are still a thing so I'm kinda biased against India's beliefs at the moment...

And by "medieval" England, you mean England 100 years ago. Where arranged marriages were common, diseases were rampant among the lower class, which the government largely ignored, and the Catholics and the Protestants were at each other's throats.

No more like 1,000 years ago when the Crusades were occuring, arranged marriages were generally accepted and diseases were preventing the population from growing more than a few 10 thousands at a time...

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Furry Alairia and Algeria » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:57 pm

Furry Alairia and Algeria wrote:Everyone does, though India is attempting to keep the situations of its country under control as far as it can go, though admission to that it can go farther.

At the end of the day, the Indians are in a very disadvantageous position at the moment, they have to deal with internal affairs such as poverty, crime, a slowing economy and rampant corruption. They also have to deal with the Commies to the north and their Muslim neighbours who have nuclear weapons yet can't keep the Taliban from crossing their borders from Afghanistan. Then there's this whole Hinduism thing that they exercise, which is really destroying their capacity to effectively prevent a disease, i.e. Ebola

The United Nations has placed a Observer Mission in Pakistan and India, and a Special Mission in Afghanistan. While Pakistan can TRY to keep the Taliban away, they hardly have the money to do so.

North of them is Kashmir, where different racial groups are there, and you dis-included Bhutan and Nepal

The government has started taking precautions. They haven't just ignored it.

Vamtrl
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vamtrl » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:57 pm

Zurkerx wrote:I didn't think someone would use the caste system to that extend. It is terrible what happened and hopefully charges will be set.

Dude you have no idea how bad this shit is even after the government tried to abolish it.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Furry Alairia and Algeria » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:59 pm

Vamtrl wrote:
Zurkerx wrote:I didn't think someone would use the caste system to that extend. It is terrible what happened and hopefully charges will be set.

Dude you have no idea how bad this shit is even after the government tried to abolish it.

Again, we stress:
village in Rohtas district of Bihar, one of India's most populous, underdeveloped and impoverished states.

As much as they can do, it's very undeveloped and not to mention, right next to Nepal, in which the Nepalese refugees end up.
Last edited by Furry Alairia and Algeria on Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SuperFruitland
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby SuperFruitland » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:00 pm

Combine this with the massive amounts of suicide that are happening/happened in other parts of India?

India really needs to get its shit in gear. /s

I honestly have no idea what goes on in India, nor do I really have an extreme interest in doing so, but tl;dr this caste system looks like something that should be removed from Indian society. Just my opinion...

Sun Wukong
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sun Wukong » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:01 pm

Sun Wukong wrote:And by "medieval" England, you mean England 100 years ago. Where arranged marriages were common, diseases were rampant among the lower class, which the government largely ignored, and the Catholics and the Protestants were at each other's throats.

No more like 1,000 years ago when the Crusades were occuring, arranged marriages were generally accepted and diseases were preventing the population from growing more than a few 10 thousands at a time...

Yeah... no, that's not anything like India. Maybe you should go there some time.
Great Sage, Equal of Heaven.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General