NATION

PASSWORD

Which Religion is more harmful? Islam or Christianity?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

UBS
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby UBS » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:41 pm

The Sons of Adam wrote:
UBS wrote:Still more plausible then Scientology

A religion of science?
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/ori ... r08e3p.jpg

If by science you mean a bunch if crazy people going "ALIENS MADE EVERYTHING,HUMANS ARE WORTHLESS RETARDS WHO CAN'T DO ANYTHING,ALIENS!!!!!!!" Then yeah a religion of "science"

Fanosolia
Senator

Founded: Apr 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Fanosolia » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:43 pm

The Sons of Adam wrote:
Fanosolia wrote:
What I'm asking is how do you know god, I am, is the whole truth? What if he is only one way to understand enlightenment?

If God is a part of truth, then he must really hate the other truths, and that would contradict what God says about himself "I the Lord, am not a man, that should lie, nor the Son of Man, that should change his mind". If that was so, God is a liar, and has no truth in him.

God is enlightenment. I know it because the path of my ancestors, and your ancestors, converge in Yahwism. There is one God. There is no way I can deny this. Yahwism was the first religion. It shall be the last religion. All polytheism, look for so-called enlightenment, that is actually near them the whole time. There is only one path. Monotheism has the most adherents. The first humans on this rock was monotheist, for they walked and talked with God. Jesus is the completion of redemption of humanity. I am sure not just because history, but experience. I haven't met God directly, nor have seen the dead raised. But I have seen a miracle.

All of these things strengthen faith. Science will do the same, for it will help me discover the secrets of God's law

Well he did say he was a jelious god and it would explain other religions. But maybe me reading into things a bit to deep into the "he is within you" sort of thing.

Hmm, I see. If a maricle truly has befallen on you, then I smile upon you sir. And I do mean that. To have a blessing like that is truely a gift, there is no denying that.

I think we merely see things differently and got to our answers in different ways.

Also that is admiral of you sir. I wish the best of luck to you. :)
This user is a Canadian who identifies as Social Market Liberal with shades of Civil Libertarianism.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:44 pm

UBS wrote:
The Sons of Adam wrote:A religion of science?
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/ori ... r08e3p.jpg

If by science you mean a bunch if crazy people going "ALIENS MADE EVERYTHING,HUMANS ARE WORTHLESS RETARDS WHO CAN'T DO ANYTHING,ALIENS!!!!!!!" Then yeah a religion of "science"

The Alien theory is actually more popular than you'd think. I personally think it's ridiculous, but I know people who do believe it. They're not scientologists though.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Fanosolia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fanosolia » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:46 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
UBS wrote:If by science you mean a bunch if crazy people going "ALIENS MADE EVERYTHING,HUMANS ARE WORTHLESS RETARDS WHO CAN'T DO ANYTHING,ALIENS!!!!!!!" Then yeah a religion of "science"

The Alien theory is actually more popular than you'd think. I personally think it's ridiculous, but I know people who do believe it. They're not scientologists though.

Ancient aliens anyone? XD
This user is a Canadian who identifies as Social Market Liberal with shades of Civil Libertarianism.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:46 pm

Fanosolia wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

Uuggghhh, noooo XP hahaha
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

UBS
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby UBS » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:47 pm

Anyway I think the only MAJOR problem with Christianity is the stain of catholism

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:50 pm

UBS wrote:Anyway I think the only MAJOR problem with Christianity is the stain of catholism

What's really wrong with Catholicism? If it's the Crusades, they're long gone. If it's corruption, well, they seem to be working on it, but I get the feeling that such a thing is a problem with all organizations. If it's some kind of bigotry, the Westboro Baptists have them beat :P

I may be a Protestant, but even I don't demonize Catholicism.

Fanosolia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fanosolia » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:50 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Fanosolia wrote:

Uuggghhh, noooo XP hahaha

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/11837275.jpg

Yalos
Minister

Founded: Aug 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yalos » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:51 pm

UBS wrote:Anyway I think the only MAJOR problem with Christianity is the stain of catholism

Except that protestants carried out the mass genocide of hundreds of nations, all citing their Christian superiority as causi belli to do so.

UBS
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby UBS » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:52 pm

Salus Maior wrote:

What's really wrong with Catholicism? If it's the Crusades, they're long gone. If it's corruption, well, they seem to be working on it, but I get the feeling that such a thing is a problem with all organizations. If it's some kind of bigotry, the Westboro Baptists have them beat :P

Its because they are the most radical of Christianity

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:54 pm

UBS wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

Its because they are the most radical of Christianity

Noting the Westboro Baptists, I can assure you that is not the case :P

UBS
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby UBS » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:55 pm

Yalos wrote:

Except that protestants carried out the mass genocide of hundreds of nations, all citing their Christian superiority as causi belli to do so.

Except that the pope misused his power multiple times all through out history,and that Catholics are so radical that there is a rule stating that the British monarch can't be catholic,out of fear they will start misusing their power to kill noncatholics

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:55 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
UBS wrote:Its because they are the most radical of Christianity

:rofl:

Westboro Baptists, pfft. :p
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

UBS
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby UBS » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:56 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
UBS wrote:Its because they are the most radical of Christianity

Ugh,westboro,truly the reason I converted from a baptist to Lutheran

Yalos
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Yalos » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:56 pm

UBS wrote:
Yalos wrote:Except that protestants carried out the mass genocide of hundreds of nations, all citing their Christian superiority as causi belli to do so.

Except that the pope misused his power multiple times all through out history,and that Catholics are so radical that there is a rule stating that the British monarch can't be catholic,out of fear they will start misusing their power to kill noncatholics

Except that you said that the Catholics were the ONLY major problem with Christianity. That clearly is not the case at all.

UBS
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby UBS » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:58 pm

Yalos wrote:
UBS wrote:Except that the pope misused his power multiple times all through out history,and that Catholics are so radical that there is a rule stating that the British monarch can't be catholic,out of fear they will start misusing their power to kill noncatholics

Except that you said that the Catholics were the ONLY major problem with Christianity. That clearly is not the case at all.

Only MAJOR problem affecting us in present times

Yalos
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Yalos » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:03 pm

UBS wrote:
Yalos wrote:Except that you said that the Catholics were the ONLY major problem with Christianity. That clearly is not the case at all.

Only MAJOR problem affecting us in present times

So you condone the protestant leaders that forced children to commit mass suicide?

And you find the Westboro church, or the people that refused their son crucial appendix surgery (causing him to die), to be minor problems? They weren't Catholics, you know.

UBS
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby UBS » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:06 pm

Yalos wrote:
UBS wrote:Only MAJOR problem affecting us in present times

So you condone the protestant leaders that forced children to commit mass suicide?

And you find the Westboro church, or the people that refused their son crucial appendix surgery (causing him to die), to be minor problems? They weren't Catholics, you know.

Wow,you think morality still matters :rofl:

Menassa
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:10 pm

Soldati senza confini wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

:rofl:

Westboro Baptists, pfft. :p

Comparatively, I wouldn't call them harmful.
Remember what Amalek did to you on your journey --- Do not Forget!
Their hollow inheritance.
This is my god and I shall exalt him
Jewish Discussion Thread בְּ
"A missionary uses the Bible like a drunk uses a lamppost, not so much for illumination, but for support"
"Imagine of a bunch of Zulu tribesmen told Congress how to read the Constitution, that's how it feels to a Jew when you tell us how to read our bible"
"God said: you must teach, as I taught, without a fee."
"Against your will you are formed, against your will you are born, against your will you live, against your will you die, and against your will you are destined to give a judgement and accounting before the king, king of all kings..."

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Insaeldor » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:11 pm

UBS wrote:
Yalos wrote:Except that protestants carried out the mass genocide of hundreds of nations, all citing their Christian superiority as causi belli to do so.

Didn't know past abuses reflected the entirety of the largest sect of Christianity. Of we want to look at so modern acts of Christian fundamentalism you can look at the CAR in where the anti-balaka a Christian rebel group accused of acts of genocide and such (destroying whole villages, targeted attacks against Muslims. Oh and throwing Muslim babies off cliffs that a nice touch) is a mostly Protestant group.

While Christianity isn't all that prone to violent radicalism it definetly seems that Protestent Christians are more prone to it than most any other Christian sect. Of course these guys represent less then 1% of the total Christian population but the point still remains.
Time is a prismatic uniform polyhedron

UBS
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby UBS » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:13 pm

Insaeldor wrote:
UBS wrote:Except that the pope misused his power multiple times all through out history,and that Catholics are so radical that there is a rule stating that the British monarch can't be catholic,out of fear they will start misusing their power to kill noncatholics

Didn't know past abuses reflected the entirety of the largest sect of Christianity. Of we want to look at so modern acts of Christian fundamentalism you can look at the CAR in where the anti-balaka a Christian rebel group accused of acts of genocide and such (destroying whole villages, targeted attacks against Muslims. Oh and throwing Muslim babies off cliffs that a nice touch) is a mostly Protestant group.

While Christianity isn't all that prone to violent radicalism it definetly seems that Protestent Christians are more prone to it than most any other Christian sect. Of course these guys represent less then 1% of the total Christian population but the point still remains.

Screw it,everything is violent,no if ands or buts,screw morality

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:18 pm

Yalos wrote:

Eh, I think it was more like Imperialist governments wanting a cassus belli they could use while having widespread support from the citizenry, and using their people's religion to get it regardless of whether said religion actually supports it. Which, as a Protestant, I do not believe it does.

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Insaeldor » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:20 pm

UBS wrote:
Insaeldor wrote:Didn't know past abuses reflected the entirety of the largest sect of Christianity. Of we want to look at so modern acts of Christian fundamentalism you can look at the CAR in where the anti-balaka a Christian rebel group accused of acts of genocide and such (destroying whole villages, targeted attacks against Muslims. Oh and throwing Muslim babies off cliffs that a nice touch) is a mostly Protestant group.

Screw it,everything is violent,no if ands or buts,screw morality

Screw morality? Is that you just quoting the argument or are you being serious? Ether way it quite sad as ether you've just quite debating and left your argument or you're being hypocritical because I'm sure that's not what you were saying in the Abortion thread.
Time is a prismatic uniform polyhedron

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:21 pm

Yalos wrote:
UBS wrote:Only MAJOR problem affecting us in present times

Note: Not being Catholic does not equal "Protestant". Jim Jones was a cult leader, and his "peoples temple" is not classified as being a Protestant sect.

UBS
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby UBS » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:21 pm

Insaeldor wrote:
UBS wrote:Screw it,everything is violent,no if ands or buts,screw morality

Screw morality? Is that you just quoting the argument or are you being serious? Ether way it quite sad as ether you've just quite debating and left your argument or you're being hypocritical because I'm sure that's not what you were saying in the Abortion thread.

I have lost all hope in morality,anytime something good happens,someone else tears it down

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General