NATION

PASSWORD

Russian Federation (And other forms of Russia)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lytenburgh
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lytenburgh » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:44 pm

The balkens wrote:
Hes behaving like one, which was a problem with the Fall of the USSR, god knows how many Russians are living in former SSRs, through no fault of their own. Perhaps that is what the Russian government at the time should have taken care of.

But i guess the Baltics are lucky that they are NATO members to deter "self defense forces" and "Volunteers".

If he is "living in the past" (when people of his ethnicity were not considered a second class citizens), then why did he wave a Russian flag? You know, it has more colors in it then the Soviet one.

Furry Alairia and Algeria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Furry Alairia and Algeria » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:45 pm

Lytenburgh wrote:
Sebtopiaris wrote:vodka

"Freedon" fries, tripleburger, super-fat junk food and a Diet Coke.

can I just have something good? I'm too american to have junk.
In memory of Dyakovo - may he never be forgotten - Дьяковожс ученик

I do not reply to telegrams, unless you are someone I know.

The balkens
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:45 pm

Furry Alairia and Algeria wrote:
Lytenburgh wrote:

Opinions.

Lytenburgh
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lytenburgh » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:46 pm

Furry Alairia and Algeria wrote:
Lytenburgh wrote:

"Something good"? "I'm too american"?

This is oxymoron!

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:47 pm

The balkens wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:That's one of the reasons people wanted the USSR to remain in existence, so that there wouldn't be any people trapped as foreigners in their own home.

But..... didnt happen now did it?

No, and it is a great shame that it didn't. So many conflicts and needless deaths could have been prevented.
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
St. John Chrysostom wrote:A comprehended God is no God.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Furry Alairia and Algeria » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:47 pm

The balkens wrote:
Furry Alairia and Algeria wrote:can I just have something good? I'm too american to have junk.

Opinions.

Seems like that'll just make me depressed.
Last edited by Furry Alairia and Algeria on Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The balkens
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:48 pm

Lytenburgh wrote:
Furry Alairia and Algeria wrote:can I just have something good? I'm too american to have junk.

This is oxymoron!

What?

does being american also mean being fat? slow? low on the intelligence side?

Or are Russians suddenly better then us?

The balkens
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:49 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:
The balkens wrote:
But..... didnt happen now did it?

No, and it is a great shame that it didn't. So many conflicts and needless deaths could have been prevented.

Or russia couldve have offered for what ever Russian citizen to come home to Russia.

All this bullshit couldve been avoided as its working against its neighbors.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:49 pm

The balkens wrote:
Lytenburgh wrote:

This is oxymoron!

What?

does being american also mean being fat? slow? low on the intelligence side?

Or are Russians suddenly better then us?

Clarification would be needed, but I think he might be saying that you can't be "too American" for "something good"; I have no idea though.
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Furry Alairia and Algeria » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:49 pm

Lytenburgh wrote:

This is oxymoron!

Seems as if I can't be american, or have a american citizenship, or even like america and try to be good because it's contradictory.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:50 pm

The balkens wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:No, and it is a great shame that it didn't. So many conflicts and needless deaths could have been prevented.

Or russia couldve have offered for what ever Russian citizen to come home to Russia.

1) That would have devastated the local economies of many places.
2) Why should they have to leave the place where many of them were born and lived most of their lives?

EDIT: Also, about 16% of the city's residents have no citizenship.
Last edited by United Marxist Nations on Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lytenburgh
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lytenburgh » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:53 pm

The balkens wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:No, and it is a great shame that it didn't. So many conflicts and needless deaths could have been prevented.

Because they were already home, in Estonia? Like, for a couple of generations?

The balkens
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:53 pm

The balkens wrote:

1) That would have devastated the local economies of many places.
2) Why should they have to leave the place where many of them were born and lived most of their lives?

To where, the country that is currently their host or....

The balkens
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:53 pm

Lytenburgh wrote:
The balkens wrote:

Hold that thought.

EDIT: so people living in a land for a couple of generations (i dont know how the soviet government handled the Baltics after its "liberation") somehow gives them the right to have the same "official" language status as per se, Estonian, Latvian, while the Baltic peoples have much more history there?
Last edited by The balkens on Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:58 pm

The balkens wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:1) That would have devastated the local economies of many places.

To anywhere, they have no citizenship at all.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:59 pm

The balkens wrote:
Lytenburgh wrote:

Hold that thought.

Yes, most were born there.

The balkens
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:01 pm

The balkens wrote:

To anywhere, they have no citizenship at all.

Something tells me that both governments are not bothering to sort it out. or the people are not bothering, eiether way, it could be a problem.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:03 pm

The balkens wrote:
Lytenburgh wrote:

Hold that thought.

EDIT: so people living in a land for a couple of generations (i dont know how the soviet government handled the Baltics after its "liberation") somehow gives them the right to have the same "official" language status as per se, Estonian, Latvian, while the Baltic peoples have much more history there?

Yes. They were born there, they are citizens of that country and contribute to its economy and society like native born citizens.

What should they just be told no sorry you cant have the same rights as others because your country did some dodgy crap to us a few decades ago? That sort of mentality leads to nothing more than hostility, xenophobia and further conflict. The Russians of the Baltics should be made to feel welcome and further integrated into the societies of Estonia, Lativa and Lithuania, to strengthen it not pushed further out and treated like shit as some of them are, or else we all just go round in a vicious cycle of hate and misery.

In my eyes it doesn't matter where you originally come from, you contribute to a country and hold its citizenship you are a part of that country.

This also applys to the more radical elements of the Russian population in the Baltics, they should cut the shit too and work with the rest of the community to help their people and society as a whole, make it a more tolerable and friendly place.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:05 pm

The balkens wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:To anywhere, they have no citizenship at all.

Something tells me that both governments are not bothering to sort it out. or the people are not bothering, eiether way, it could be a problem.

Any citizen of the former USSR can request Russian citizenship and receive it free of charge; the people who do not have it don't want it. They don't consider themselves Russian, but they either do not qualify for Estonian citizenship or do not wish it. Some other countries call these people "Soviets" because they don't identify as any nationality, they were the "New Soviet Men".

The balkens
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:09 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
The balkens wrote:
Hold that thought.

Yes. They were born there, they are citizens of that country and contribute to its economy and society like native born citizens.

What should they just be told no sorry you cant have the same rights as others because your country did some dodgy crap to us a few decades ago? That sort of mentality leads to nothing more than hostility, xenophobia and further conflict. The Russians of the Baltics should be made to feel welcome and further integrated into the societies of Estonia, Lativa and Lithuania, to strengthen it not pushed further out and treated like shit as some of them are, or else we all just go round in a vicious cycle of hate and misery.

In my eyes it doesn't matter where you originally come from, you contribute to a country and hold its citizenship you are a part of that country.

Perhaps you and UMN are right. If the Russians there can contribute to the society of the Baltics, sure, they can stay there, assimilate, mingle, live. However, in the event that they(as in a few Assclowns, not the whole population) try to beg Russia to annex the areas where Russians are
indeed the majority, those that are literally calling for the invasion of the Baltics should be dealt with in accordance to the law of the Baltics with UN supervision.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:09 pm

I actually like Russia as a country. But, the government is a different story, that does not mean I dont understand it. Or try to. The Russians have contributed much to art, history, dance and science but yet are only remembered for Communism in the States. I feel like a strong and independent Russia is a benefit to everyone as if they were economically strong they would not be so aggressive in foreign policies.

In simple terms, the country just seems to have a never ending stream of bad luck. They dont have much history of democratic government, they were ruled for something like seventy years of the USSR, the Tsars before them and If I am not incorrect, I believe the Mongols before them. Thing is war, political corruption ect really hold the people back. I mean, are they not rich in natural gas and resources, have ample amounts of gold and oil and a healthy sized population?

Sometimes I wonder how they have as much trouble as they do.

If anyone here could help me better understand the problems over there I would appreciate it.
My RP Nation is the Islamic Republic of Alamon

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:12 pm

The balkens wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Yes. They were born there, they are citizens of that country and contribute to its economy and society like native born citizens.

Perhaps you and UMN are right. If the Russians there can contribute to the society of the Baltics, sure, they can stay there, assimilate, mingle, live. However, in the event that they(as in a few Assclowns, not the whole population) try to beg Russia to annex the areas where Russians are
indeed the majority, those that are literally calling for the invasion of the Baltics should be dealt with in accordance to the law of the Baltics with UN supervision.

Why should they have to assimilate in areas where they are the predominant population? Sure, they shouldn't call for invasion, but they are free to have their culture.

The balkens
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:12 pm

The balkens wrote:

Any citizen of the former USSR can request Russian citizenship and receive it free of charge; the people who do not have it don't want it. They don't consider themselves Russian, but they either do not qualify for Estonian citizenship or do not wish it. Some other countries call these people "Soviets" because they don't identify as any nationality, they were the "New Soviet Men".

That is...interesting. Though i am sure some of their....lets call them countrymen dont exactly appreciate them there. Give it a few more decades i say, see what becomes of it.

The balkens
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:14 pm

The balkens wrote:

Why should they have to assimilate in areas where they are the predominant population? Sure, they shouldn't call for invasion, but they are free to have their culture.

Not exactly what i meant, but i cant find the word to describe it. They can have their culture, sure, fine, beautiful songs (i used to be a fan, song of the volga boatmen FTW) but rather i meant as a society. perhaps that is how i should have worded it.

The balkens
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:18 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNb54rwDQJM

The song that i mentioned.

Absolutely astounding, Russia was lucky to have Leonid Kharitinov in its red army choir.
Last edited by The balkens on Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General