NATION

PASSWORD

Secession in America

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you think secession is legal?

Yes
36%
No
64%

Total votes : 102

District XIV
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:01 pm

Benuty wrote:
District XIV wrote:My family was ironically a sugar planation owner in Hawaii >_>

You have to admit the death of Hawaii is a pretty blatant example of US backed griefing/trolling :P.

Indeed. I wonder when we're going to get DEATed :unsure:

:P

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:03 pm

District XIV wrote:
Pandeeria wrote:
If they fight and win, then they can keep the land. Or if the governing body that eons said land allows them to take off with it.

No. We're not depending on the "governing body that eons said land" to let them go. It's not their choice.

It most defintily it. Those territories that want to break away are little more then administrative divisions. If the central government wishes to keep them in line for being so treasonous then they have the right to do so.

Also, apologies for the spelling mistake. I mean "governing body that owns said land".
Lavochkin wrote:Never got why educated people support communism.

In capitalism, you pretty much have a 50/50 chance of being rich or poor. In communism, it's 1/99. What makes people think they have the luck/skill to become the 1% if they can't even succeed in a 50/50 society???

District XIV
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:07 pm

Pandeeria wrote:
District XIV wrote:No. We're not depending on the "governing body that eons said land" to let them go. It's not their choice.

It most defintily it. Those territories that want to break away are little more then administrative divisions. If the central government wishes to keep them in line for being so treasonous then they have the right to do so.

Also, apologies for the spelling mistake. I mean "governing body that owns said land".

Like Benuty said, do you think a government which has, for long amounts of time, mistreated residents of a certain region in their nation going to suddenly say “yeah sure you can guys can go.”

Hint: the answer is no.

Your logic is utterly disgusting.
Last edited by District XIV on Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Muh Roads
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Muh Roads » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:12 pm

It's not about legality, if the people want to secede, they will regardless of a law.

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:13 pm

District XIV wrote:
Pandeeria wrote:

Like Benuty said, do you think a government which has, for long amounts of time, mistreated residents of a certain region in their nation going to suddenly say “yeah sure you can guys can go.”

Hint: the answer is no.

Your logic is utterly disgusting.

Has the thought possibly crossed you that in that case, the people rather rebel and form their territory either, or not break away.

Besides, I'm talking about somehting like if a US state wants to break away, or the Scottish Independence Referendum.
Lavochkin wrote:Never got why educated people support communism.

In capitalism, you pretty much have a 50/50 chance of being rich or poor. In communism, it's 1/99. What makes people think they have the luck/skill to become the 1% if they can't even succeed in a 50/50 society???

Cyrisnia
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrisnia » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:16 pm

R E D L E G S

【BORN TO ABOLISH】
SOUTH IS A F**K
鬼神 Kill Em All 1859
I am free man
410,757,864,530 DEAD REBS

Previous