NATION

PASSWORD

The 2014-15 College Football Discussion Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:34 pm

Well, TAMU seems to be doing fine with this Kenny Hill guy. Or maybe South Carolina just sucks at defense.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

United Dependencies
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United Dependencies » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:03 pm

Your poll includes neither Abilene Christian vs. Georgia state nor tOSU vs. Navy.

disappointing
Alien Space Bats wrote:2012: The Year We Lost Contact (with Reality).

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Obamacult wrote:Maybe there is an economically sound and rational reason why there are no longer high paying jobs for qualified accountants, assembly line workers, glass blowers, blacksmiths, tanners, etc.

Maybe dragons took their jobs. Maybe unicorns only hid their jobs because unicorns are dicks. Maybe 'jobs' is only an illusion created by a drug addled infant pachyderm. Fuck dude, if we're in 'maybe' land, don't hold back.

This is Nationstates we're here to help

Are you a native or resident of North Carolina?

Khalifa Arabia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Khalifa Arabia » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:07 pm

United Dependencies wrote:Your poll includes neither Abilene Christian vs. Georgia state nor tOSU vs. Navy.

disappointing

One's a game where a team gets sodomized, the other I can't ask or tell.
NS's resident ex-Muslim

Allahriffic one-liners
"Hot outside? The mosque is prayer-conditioned."
"A lot of kneeling will keep you in good standing."
"He who kneels before Allah can stand before anyone."
"Give Allah what’s right, not what’s left."
#rimshot

United Dependencies
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United Dependencies » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:11 pm

Khalifa Arabia wrote:
United Dependencies wrote:Your poll includes neither Abilene Christian vs. Georgia state nor tOSU vs. Navy.

disappointing

One's a game where a team gets sodomized, the other I can't ask or tell.

The division II team ACU almost beat the sun belt GSU.

While Navy will almost certainly lose to tOSU, I think they'll keep it interesting at least early on.
Alien Space Bats wrote:2012: The Year We Lost Contact (with Reality).

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Obamacult wrote:Maybe there is an economically sound and rational reason why there are no longer high paying jobs for qualified accountants, assembly line workers, glass blowers, blacksmiths, tanners, etc.

Maybe dragons took their jobs. Maybe unicorns only hid their jobs because unicorns are dicks. Maybe 'jobs' is only an illusion created by a drug addled infant pachyderm. Fuck dude, if we're in 'maybe' land, don't hold back.

This is Nationstates we're here to help

Are you a native or resident of North Carolina?

Neoconstantius
Minister

Founded: Nov 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neoconstantius » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:37 pm

As long as Illinois doesn't lose to Youngstown State this weekend, I'll consider it one of the better seasons for Illini football.
GO ILLINI
Ja Rusyn byl, jesm'y budu.
Podkarpatskie Rusyny, ostavte hlubokyj son!
Sloboda! Autonómia! Nezávislosť!

Idaho Conservatives
Minister

Founded: Jul 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Idaho Conservatives » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:05 pm

Kenny Hill and the Aggies just went nuclear. Their D still sucks, but if they can play a top ten team on the round and blow them out with 55 points and 700 yards of offense, then I bet they can give anyone in the nation a run for their money. Can't wait to see them against LSU and Bama.
Last edited by Idaho Conservatives on Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way" --General George S. Patton

If You're A Fellow Ham, TG me!!!
KF7LCE

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:52 pm

Idaho Conservatives wrote:Kenny Hill and the Aggies just went nuclear. Their D still sucks, but if they can play a top ten team on the round and blow them out with 55 points and 700 yards of offense, then I bet they can give anyone in the nation a run for their money. Can't wait to see them against LSU and Bama.

He broke Manziel's record. Therefore, Kenny Hill will win the Heisman. I'm calling it.

Or "Famous J" will win it again. I'm willing to bet that.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:11 am

Well, Ohio State is having a meltdown. Nevermind, Navy done fucked up.

Meanwhile, Michigan isn't being embarrassed by Appalachian State like they were 7 years ago.

Latest Headlines

Costa Aluria
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Aluria » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:06 pm

I think Michigan State-Oregon is the best game of the season. I thought Oregon-UCLA would be pretty good, but UCLA struggling against crappy Virginia, so UCLA definitely looks overrated.

Edit: I think I just realized the poll options are only week one games. Still, that crappy Virginia can hang with UCLA is not a good sign for the Bruins.
Last edited by Costa Aluria on Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:40 pm

Jeez Alabama, three first downs given up on WVU's first possession.

Is this how they're going to play all season long?

Latest Headlines

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:55 pm

Well, Kiffin obviously sucks as OC at Bama.

Any new teams I can root for? I think it's high time I jump the Bama wagon.

Latest Headlines

Commerce Heights
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby Commerce Heights » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:09 pm

Torisakia wrote:Any new teams I can root for? I think it's high time I jump the Bama wagon.

Maybe a team like Georgia State would be better for you? I don’t think you can possibly set your expectations too low with them.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:10 pm

Commerce Heights wrote:
Torisakia wrote:Any new teams I can root for? I think it's high time I jump the Bama wagon.

Maybe a team like Georgia State would be better for you? I don’t think you can possibly set your expectations too low with them.

Well, they did win for the first time since 2012. Wouldn't be a bad choice.

Latest Headlines

Costa Aluria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Aluria » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:11 pm

West Virginia would be winning this game if they knew how to tackle.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:13 pm

Costa Aluria wrote:West Virginia would be winning this game if they knew how to tackle.

At one point, they were winning.

If Alabama slips up any more (which they most likely will), WVU can score a couple of more times and win.

Latest Headlines

Costa Aluria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Aluria » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:16 pm

What the hell is with these ghost penalties all in favor of Alabama, and all coincidentally right when Alabama would be forced to punt?

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:19 pm

Costa Aluria wrote:What the hell is with these ghost penalties all in favor of Alabama, and all coincidentally right when Alabama would be forced to punt?

Actually, that WVU guy did hit Sims. Replay showed it.

Lane Kiffin is so fucking stupid. 4th & 1 near the goalline and you don't go for it? wtf?

Latest Headlines

Costa Aluria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Aluria » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:20 pm

The WVU player put his arms up to protect himself on his own sideline when the dumbass Bama player ran into him. That is not a penalty.
Last edited by Costa Aluria on Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:21 pm

Costa Aluria wrote:The WVU player put his arms up to protect himself on his own sideline when the dumbass Bama player ran into him. That is not a penalty.

Welp, too late now.

WVU's been beating Bama out at everything this game. A small penalty won't hurt them.
Last edited by Torisakia on Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Latest Headlines

Costa Aluria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Aluria » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:27 pm

Torisakia wrote:Welp, too late now.

WVU's been beating Bama out at everything this game. A small penalty won't hurt them.

That's exactly why Bama fans in general don't get it. A small penalty that didn't exist that extends the drive for the "second best team in the nation" when they are otherewise looking very pedestrian, that Bama then goes on to score on, is not a small penalty. Its complete BS and is just a true factor of SEC bias.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:29 pm

Costa Aluria wrote:
Torisakia wrote:Welp, too late now.

That's exactly why Bama fans in general don't get it. A small penalty that didn't exist that extends the drive for the "second best team in the nation" when they are otherewise looking very pedestrian, that Bama then goes on to score on, is not a small penalty. Its complete BS and is just a true factor of SEC bias.

So SEC teams are the only teams who have ever gotten a penalty called to help them? Right. 10/10 would believe again.

Anyways, it looks like WVU is going to win this one. I'm going to drown my sorrows in ice cream. Anyone want any?

Latest Headlines

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:07 pm

Alabama actually won? I don't even consider this a win. I blame Kiffin for everything.

Latest Headlines

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:13 pm

If Alabama plays like that the whole season, there won't be any playoff hopes for them.
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
Same me, now with tattoos.
meh, just call me Greeky because nobody really wants to say "The New Greek Republic..."
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
---`,o---_/--o .--`------
-----`"`;-O--(---------
--------/--.--""``\\\\----
------.`-O------.\\,,||
----.`------""`|-`""`----
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/
What's red and bad for your teeth?

A brick.
Sanabel wrote: I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

Just warning you, your ears will have orgasms.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:33 pm

The New Greek Republic wrote:If Alabama plays like that the whole season, there won't be any playoff hopes for them.

Or bowl game hopes. Or winning hopes.

Basically, they're fucked. And it's Lane Kiffin's fault.

Latest Headlines

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:43 pm

Such bullshit on that FSU fumble. RB clearly fumbles the ball and Okie State recovers, but refs say 'no'.

Not to mention that penalty thrown to save Famous J from being sacked.

Latest Headlines

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General