NATION

PASSWORD

The 2014-15 College Football Discussion Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:38 pm

Tiami wrote:
Torisakia wrote:Seeing as how they've played away from home this year, that's going to change if they make it.

They beat Texas in Pasadena for the 2010 BCS championship..

Yes, I'm aware of Alabama's recent bowl games.

Doesn't mean they can keep winning them.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Tiami
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 24, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:32 pm

Torisakia wrote:
Tiami wrote:They beat Texas in Pasadena for the 2010 BCS championship..

Yes, I'm aware of Alabama's recent bowl games.

Doesn't mean they can keep winning them.

The same can be said for any team.
The Elven Kingdom of Amador
TETly Father of TETism and 18-year NS vet
|| All things II RP-related || Discord: nstiami || FN&I General Help ||
|| IIWiki || ANI News || Military Worldbuilding || RPing Questions? Ask Here! ||
|| Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3 || The Best Quote ||

Tiami
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:19 pm

Well, 'Bama's defense bailed out the offense. Landon Collins' pick in the red zone saved the day. I will admit though, Miss St. found a way to lose, as I thoroughly thought they would score the game-winning TD seeing as 'Bama had not had an effective second half up to that point. Nonetheless, props to Prescott for leading the Bulldogs back into the game.
|| IIWiki || ANI News || Military Worldbuilding || RPing Questions? Ask Here! ||

Costa Aluria
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Aluria » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:33 pm

Is Oregon the new #1 team in the nation?

Keronika
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 08, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Keronika » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:27 pm

Mississippi State lost. Hoddy Toddy! Ole Miss can still win the SEC West!

Tiami
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:49 pm

Costa Aluria wrote:Is Oregon the new #1 team in the nation?

Most likely. I don't see FSU jumping Oregon even if FSU beats Miami. If FSU wins against Miami, I think they'll fall to #4, and 'Bama will bypass to #3. Not sure yet though.

Costa Aluria
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Aluria » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:01 pm

Tiami wrote:Most likely. I don't see FSU jumping Oregon even if FSU beats Miami. If FSU wins against Miami, I think they'll fall to #4, and 'Bama will bypass to #3. Not sure yet though.

It wouldn't surprise me if Bama jumps to 1, but I expect Oregon to be #2 even if FSU wins. I think the Committee has shown they don't respect FSU, so if Miami wins I think FSU drops out of the playoff picture. Wouldn't surprise me if Miss St takes 3, and Arizona state takes over #4 ahead of TCU if Miami wins tonight.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:57 pm

Keronika wrote:Mississippi State lost. Hoddy Toddy! Ole Miss can still win the SEC West!

But they have to beat Mississippi State and hope that Auburn beats Alabama. And one of those things is not like the other, one of those things just doesn't belong.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Commerce Heights
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby Commerce Heights » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:08 pm

Torisakia wrote:
Keronika wrote:Mississippi State lost. Hoddy Toddy! Ole Miss can still win the SEC West!

But they have to beat Mississippi State and hope that Auburn beats Alabama. And one of those things is not like the other, one of those things just doesn't belong.

Indeed. The Egg Bowl could go either way, but the latter is a virtual certainty, if your relentless pessimism is to be believed. :P

Bythyrona
Minister

Founded: Nov 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:19 pm

TWO BACK TO BACK AWFUL CALLS AGAINST MIAMI. FUCK THESE GODDAMN REFS.
Days like dominoes, all in a line

Emerge transformed in a million years, from days like these

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:43 pm

Bythyrona wrote:TWO BACK TO BACK AWFUL CALLS AGAINST MIAMI. FUCK THESE GODDAMN REFS.

It's Miami. Even without the penalties they would've let FSU score anyway.

So now Miami is the 6th, yes 6th, team to choke against FSU this season. All in favor of giving those teams a trophy for their efforts?

Latest Headlines

Bythyrona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:04 pm

Florida State is the worst undefeated team of all-time.

Ah, well, at least UT is back to 5-5 with that 50-16 destruction of the 'Cats. It's our best position for a bowl game since 2009, when that asshole Lane Kiffin was our coach. This could be the end of the Dark Age for the Vols if we can just close out the year 7-6 - keep it close against Mizzou (we're probably going to lose), destroy shitty Vandy, and win a third-rate bowl game. It is embarrassing that it's taken six years and three head coaches after the Fall of Fulmer to almost do it (and Butch is here with the most inexperienced Big Orange team in a long time), but things can only be better from here on out if we can just manage to not fall apart.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:08 pm

Bythyrona wrote:Florida State is the worst undefeated team of all-time.

Ah, well, at least UT is back to 5-5 with that 50-16 destruction of the 'Cats. It's our best position for a bowl game since 2009, when that asshole Lane Kiffin was our coach. This could be the end of the Dark Age for the Vols if we can just close out the year 7-6 - keep it close against Mizzou (we're probably going to lose), destroy shitty Vandy, and win a third-rate bowl game. It is embarrassing that it's taken six years and three head coaches after the Fall of Fulmer to almost do it (and Butch is here with the most inexperienced Big Orange team in a long time), but things can only be better from here on out if we can just manage to not fall apart.

While Kentucky should be awarded the trophy for the biggest choke-record of all time. At one point, they were 5-1 (their best start since 2007). Now, they've dropped six in a row, and won't become bowl eligible (Louisville will beat the shit out of them).

Can we please trade them and Arkansas for La-Monroe and Georgia Southern?

Latest Headlines

Bythyrona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:08 pm

The FUCK FSU Top 25 - Week 12

1. Alabama (9-1)
2t. Florida State (10-0)
2t. Oregon (9-1)
4. Baylor (8-1)
5t. Mississippi State (9-1)
5t. TCU (9-1)
7. Ole Miss (8-2)
8. Kansas State (7-2)
9. Ohio State (9-1)
10. Wisconsin (8-2)
11. Georgia (8-2)
12. Michigan State (8-2)
13. Missouri (8-2)
14. Georgia Tech (9-2)
15. Marshall (10-0)
16. Arizona State (8-2)
17. Nebraska (8-2)
18. Arizona (8-2)
19. Auburn (7-3)
20. Oklahoma (7-3)
21. Duke (8-2)
22. Clemson (7-3)
23. USC (7-3)
24. Colorado State (9-1)
25. Notre Dame (7-3)
---
IN: Colorado State, USC
OUT: LSU, Minnesota
---
The Best of the Rest:
#26 Utah, #27 UCLA, #28 Louisville, #29 Minnesota, #30 Iowa, #31 Air Force, #32 Memphis, #33 LSU, #34 Texas A&M, #35 West Virginia, #36 Miami, #37 East Carolina, #38 Northern Illinois, #39 Cincinnati, #40t Boise State, #40t Maryland, #40t Western Michigan
Last edited by Bythyrona on Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Southern Arkansas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Southern Arkansas » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:04 am

LSU got #rekt.
American. Socially Conservative. Shia Muslim looking into the way of the Salaf.

Tiami
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:17 am

Well, it Georgia can roll Auburn, then Alabama will rush Auburn? <<< logic

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:26 am

Tiami wrote:Well, it Georgia can roll Auburn, then Alabama will rush Auburn? <<< logic

I'm okay with anything Alabama does against Auburn as long as it isn't a field goal. :p

Latest Headlines

Tiami
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:30 am

Torisakia wrote:
Tiami wrote:Well, it Georgia can roll Auburn, then Alabama will rush Auburn? <<< logic

I'm okay with anything Alabama does against Auburn as long as it isn't a field goal. :p

I c wut u did dere

As long as Alabama wins, I do not care what happens. Besides, the game is as Byrant-Denny. Auburn lost there 49-0 last time, though I think the score will be more along the lines of 35-21 'Bama.

Bythyrona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:49 pm

...and Muschump is done after FSU completes their disemboweling of the Gators. Commence the lighting of the dumpster fire, Florida.

Bythyrona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:57 pm

Tennessee players doing dumb shit with two, maybe three games left in the season. One of them just happens to be the best player on the entire team and an All-SEC linebacker. What else is new?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... al-assault

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:09 pm

Bythyrona wrote:...and Muschump is done after FSU completes their disemboweling of the Gators. Commence the lighting of the dumpster fire, Florida.

I'm willing to bet my soul that rumors start saying that Les Miles is leaving LSU for Florida and Saban is leaving Bama to go back to LSU.

Latest Headlines

Bythyrona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:13 pm

I'll hop off the I-Hate-Yet-Respect Saban Train and board the HATE TRAIN for Les Miles in that case. Volunteer fans would not be able to shut up about that one time in 2010 Derek Dooley got lucky against LSU and we TOTALLY got robbed.
Last edited by Bythyrona on Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Armed Nation of Apocalypse Believers
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Armed Nation of Apocalypse Believers » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:21 pm

I am going with Alabama, Oregon, Baylor, and THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES going to the final four with OHIO STATE kicking butt and chewing bubblegum. However they're fresh outta gum. And BAYLOR beating Oregon setting up a BCS game that a friend of mine and I wouldn't dare miss

Armed Nation of Apocalypse Believers
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Armed Nation of Apocalypse Believers » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:25 pm

Tiami wrote:
Torisakia wrote:I'm okay with anything Alabama does against Auburn as long as it isn't a field goal. :p

I c wut u did dere

As long as Alabama wins, I do not care what happens. Besides, the game is as Byrant-Denny. Auburn lost there 49-0 last time, though I think the score will be more along the lines of 35-21 'Bama.

Man if something happens like last year I will flip out because I want to see the number one defense in the BIG TEN destroy the should've been team in a championship game that OHIO STATE couldn't go to because of the damned second team up north

Bythyrona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:28 pm

Armed Nation of Apocalypse Believers wrote:I am going with Alabama, Oregon, Baylor, and THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES going to the final four with OHIO STATE kicking butt and chewing bubblegum. However they're fresh outta gum. And BAYLOR beating Oregon setting up a BCS game that a friend of mine and I wouldn't dare miss

Florida State sucks, but they still haven't lost. Ohio State got stomped the fuck out 35-21 by a team that has two wins in the ACC.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General