NATION

PASSWORD

Islamic State Crisis Megathread (ISIS/ISIL/IS)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:37 am

Sebastianbourg wrote:
Herargon wrote:In Assadia, you are stoned by the dictatorship.
In the West, you elect someone democratically to become a dictator. :p
In China: What elections?
In North Korea: Dear Leader elects you to be shot.

1. I was under the impression that Assad is a Ba'athist and therefore an advocate of the glorious laïcité;
2. But our 'dictators' are idiots;
3. The Communist Party delegates vote;
4. Technically a totalitarian democracy since mock elections are held.

3. "Elections in the People's Republic of China are based on a hierarchical electoral system, whereby local People's Congresses (人民代表大会) are directly elected, and all higher levels of People's Congresses up to the National People's Congress, the national legislature, are indirectly elected by the People's Congress of the level immediately below."

4. It's actually really interesting… http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_North_Korea http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elections_in_North_Korea
_REPUBLIC OF WEST AURELIA_
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:55 am

West Aurelia wrote:
Sebastianbourg wrote:1. I was under the impression that Assad is a Ba'athist and therefore an advocate of the glorious laïcité;
2. But our 'dictators' are idiots;
3. The Communist Party delegates vote;
4. Technically a totalitarian democracy since mock elections are held.

3. "Elections in the People's Republic of China are based on a hierarchical electoral system, whereby local People's Congresses (人民代表大会) are directly elected, and all higher levels of People's Congresses up to the National People's Congress, the national legislature, are indirectly elected by the People's Congress of the level immediately below."

4. It's actually really interesting… http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_North_Korea http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elections_in_North_Korea

Not to sidetrack too much, but what happened to the 0.03% that didn't vote? Edit: No need to answer. It's a joke.
Last edited by Wolfenium on Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Factbook (under revamping): MT | PT
Characters: Imperial Registry of Houses (PT: Historical Archives)
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates
National Symbols (Applies for both MT/PMT and FT): Flag (Elaborate)|Anthem

/人 ‿‿ 人\ { Make a contract with me, and save me from the Homu-devil! )

Herargon
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Herargon » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:58 am

Wolfenium wrote:
West Aurelia wrote:

Not to sidetrack too much, but what happened to the 0.03% that didn't vote? No need to answer. It's a joke.

Those people disappeared.
Pro: tolerance, individualism, technocratism, democratism, freedom, freedom of speech and moderate religious expression, the ban on hate speech, constitutional monarchism, the Rhine model
Against: intolerance, radicalism, strong discrimination, populism, fascism, nazism, communism, totalitarianism, authoritarianism, absolutarianism, fundamentalism, strong religious expression, strong nationalism, police states

If you like philosophy, then here you can see what your own philosophical alignements are.

Ifreann wrote:That would certainly save the local regiment of American troops the trouble of plugging your head in ye olde shittere.
How scifi alliances actually work.

Alien Space Bats
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Islamic State Crisis Megathread (ISIS/ISIL/IS)

Postby Alien Space Bats » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:02 am

Khilafat al-Andalus wrote:It is due time that the Ummah has begun to unite and form a new Khilafah just as prophecy has stated. You can't stop it now however hard you try.

Funny, but I can think of several thousand reasons why that will never happen.

"These states are just saying 'Yes, I used to beat my girlfriend, but I haven't since the restraining order, so we don't need it anymore.'" — Stephen Colbert, Comedian, on Shelby County v. Holder

"Do you see how policing blacks by the presumption of guilt and policing whites by the presumption of innocence is a self-reinforcing mechanism?" — Touré Neblett, MSNBC Commentator and Social Critic

"You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in."Songwriter Oscar Brown in 1963, foretelling the election of Donald J. Trump

President Donald J. Trump: Working Tirelessly to Make Russia Great Again

Baltenstein
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Baltenstein » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:23 am

Those won't even be necessary, the fighters for Ummah unification are far too busy killing both each other and innocent Muslim civilians to ever reach their goal.

There is no clear evidence of these un-Islamic atrocities that are claimed. Some of the claims are just plain ridiculous

You mean like the ones that ISIS themselves so proudly uploads into the World Wide Web? Beheading journalists, gunning down Syrian POWs, bragging about Kurdish and Yesidi women slave auctions, complete with theological justification?
For fuck's sake, even the Nazis knew that you're supposed to cover up your war crimes, not proudly mailing evidence of them to the Allied Headquarters.
And we couldn't care less if you consider ISIS atrocities to be "un-Islamic" or not - we condemn them for being crimes against humanity.
Last edited by Baltenstein on Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
O'er the hills and o'er the main.
Through Flanders, Portugal and Spain.
King George commands and we obey.
Over the hills and far away.

THE NORTH REMEMBERS

The Seleucids (Ancient)
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Seleucids (Ancient) » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:08 am

Khilafat al-Andalus wrote:
The Seleucids wrote:
That's exactly one side of me, but on the other hand, why wouldn't i, why wouldn't i do everything to help those people... It sucks being stuck between those two. Anyhow, i could also go as a non-militia, just helping out wherever it needs while not fighting myself.

The only ones truly helping and providing the basic needs of the people in Iraq and Shaam is the Islamic State. Quit believing the kufr-mass-media lies! There is no clear evidence of these un-Islamic atrocities that are claimed. Some of the claims are just plain ridiculous. If you ACTUALLY talk to people on the ground living under the Khilafah in the Islamic State, you will find that they are safer and better cared for there then anywhere else in Iraq and Shaam. Under the Khilafah, everyone is given their basic needs (food, shelter, and clothing) and the Islamic State is providing ORDER for a change!

The Islamic State has established a regular police force (called the Hisbah), they have established a judicial system of courts, they have a fully-operational and very-well organized military force, they have a head of state (the Khalifa al-Baghdadi), and if Abu-Bakr al-Baghdadi (May Allah protect and preserve him) does anything which is un-Islamic, the Shari'ah courts within the Islamic State have the authority to force him out and nominate a new Khalifa (Caliph).

So, the Khilafah is not some rogue underground terrorist organization, it is a perfectly legitimate state. They even have an official flag, coat of arms, anthem, and national motto! Everyone that you talk to who actually lives under the authority of the Islamic State says that they are treated wonderfully, and that they love the Islamic State.

See this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GClV6AyprGU

Watch the !ENTIRE VIDEO!

Go read a Quran, this "Islamic State" of yours is no more then a bunch of terrorist scum on their way to their graves.
Also, read this: http://lettertobaghdadi.com/

Al Nahar
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Al Nahar » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:14 am

Khilafat al-Andalus wrote:
Al Nahar wrote:
:rofl: :rofl:

Baghdadi, Daesh is an illegitimate state destroying the culture and people of the Middle East and Arab world. Daesh is trying to reverse us backwards to the age of mysticism and darkness. Believe me, I lived in the areas where Daesh is now. Thankfully I am not there to live under the criminal thug terrorist regime. I know many people still there, innocent civilians and families. All would give everything to have these cockroaches removed. Perhaps you have only watched videos on Daesh and their Islamic courts system. Its all bullshit, you are believing the lies of the man you worship called Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi, the shaytan devil. Sex slaves, raping, mass massacre and murder against innocents. Its saddening how Saddam isn't there to wipe Daesh off the face of this planet. Daesh along with Qatar and the Muslim brotherhood should be eradicated from the Arab world as they are the opposite of humanity. If there is a God, may he rest those who have died under the terrorist, rapist, illegitimate, criminal, thug regime of the Baghdadi worshippers. Every Daesh criminal that dies is a plus for the Arab world. Inshallah the day when Daesh is on the brink of being destroyed I will be there.

Dawla is FAR from being "wiped off the map." I used to be believing all this kufr media like you. You spew all this baseless rhetoric about "sex slave and raping girls" which there is absolutely NO CLEAR EVIDENCE OF WHATSOEVER!

And no, I have friends who are living in the Islamic State **BY CHOICE**

Dawla has support is almost every country in the world, Muslims from all over the world are flocking to the lands of Shaam to live as citizens under the Khilafah system.

I worship only Allah 'azza wa-jal, the creator of the heavens and the Earth. The prophet (PBUH) said that his caliphate would end, and the world would fall into corruption, and then a new Caliphate would rise. ON 29 JUNE 2014, 1 RAMADAN 1435 AH, THE KHILAFAH WAS ESTABLISHED!

This is a fulfillment of Islamic prophecy, and it will not be stopped as Allah (AWJ) is on the side of Dawla. The kuffar cannot stop our Ummah from reunifying once more. And Insha'Allah this will usher in the Mahdi and the end times.

Listen here Baghdadi, I do not understand if you are blind or trolling, the strategy of Daesh has only made it worse. Daesh interfered with the original plan of Al Qaeda and the higher more intelligent commanders of the Jihad by declaring islamic emirates throughout different countries before unifying as an ummah. Daesh declared war one everyone, it is only a matter of time before they collapse. Its not media there is much proof everywhere that Daesh rapes, massacres, beheads. THis is primitive barbaric way of middle ages, but I guess because you and your kind still think the Ummayads exist this is normal. Come back to me when your "Black Flags from Khorasan" come hahahaha considering they were destroyed by the Americans and now they are controlled by the ISI. Prostitution,prisoner ransom, illegal oil selling, sex slavery can only keep your Daesh state running for a matter of time. Its better if all those Terrorists around the world flock to Daesh so we can kill them all at once and destroy this fake bullshit Jihad from a guy that used to be a CIA prisoner. We saw the defeat stalling of Daesh in Kobane', the collapse of al Ikhwan in Egypt, Haftar destroying Daesh and Fake Mujahadeen in Libya and soon we will see the collapse of Daesh in Iraq and Sham when the Sunna rise against this brutul hell that has come.We have seen the crimes of the Baghdadis who sell oil to Assad and help him by attacking the Syrian people and rebels. Fakest mujahadeen of all time. All Daesh has done in addition to Iran and Hezbollah is send us Arabs back into time, reversing progress of our people and destroying our people by diving us among eaach other so that the world can play with us. Inshallah as a people we will overcome this storm.
Last edited by Al Nahar on Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Missiles are our signature
تحيا الأمة العربية
Long Live Free Syria, Long Live Free Libya, Long Live the Arab Nation
Pro-Arab Nationalism, Secularism, Fatah Al Sisi, General Haftar, FSA Secular Rebels
Anti-Iran, Anti-Hezbollah, Anti-Muslim Brotherhood, Anti-Wahabist/Salafi, Anti-Zionist.

Celebration
Founding member of the League of Arab States https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=320477

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:38 am

Alien Space Bats wrote:
Khilafat al-Andalus wrote:It is due time that the Ummah has begun to unite and form a new Khilafah just as prophecy has stated. You can't stop it now however hard you try.

Funny, but I can think of several thousand reasons why that will never happen.

How will that stop it ? Remeber: "Cut off one head and two shall take its place. Hail Hydra".
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:48 am

The Alma Mater wrote:
Alien Space Bats wrote:Funny, but I can think of several thousand reasons why that will never happen.

How will that stop it ? Remeber: "Cut off one head and two shall take its place. Hail Hydra".

As awful as the scenario would sound. Yes, a freaking nuclear bomb does have a fantastic tendency to stop whatever it is aimed at.
Although the stars do not speak, even in being silent they cry out. - John Calvin

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:31 pm

Herskerstad wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:

As awful as the scenario would sound. Yes, a freaking nuclear bomb does have a fantastic tendency to stop whatever it is aimed at.

And at what exactly would you aim it ? IS is spread out. You would only kill a part, and a much larger number of innocents. Which would inspire more people to join IS than they lost.

You could irradiate Mecca of course; which would make the Hadj deadly for all muslims.. but that would go a bit far, no ?
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Herargon
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Herargon » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:18 pm

The Alma Mater wrote:
Herskerstad wrote:

And at what exactly would you aim it ? IS is spread out. You would only kill a part, and a much larger number of innocents. Which would inspire more people to join IS than they lost.

You could irradiate Mecca of course; which would make the Hadj deadly for all muslims.. but that would go a bit far, no ?

I'm not anti-Muslim, but a nuke wouldn't be effective. That only highens their morale to fight.

You'd better psychologically wreck them, such as women flying in bomber jets and bombing them, because they then would not go to heaven.

If you want to win a game with them... Then think as them. And use that for your own goodness.

EDIT:

I'd call that de-indoctrination.
Last edited by Herargon on Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pro: tolerance, individualism, technocratism, democratism, freedom, freedom of speech and moderate religious expression, the ban on hate speech, constitutional monarchism, the Rhine model
Against: intolerance, radicalism, strong discrimination, populism, fascism, nazism, communism, totalitarianism, authoritarianism, absolutarianism, fundamentalism, strong religious expression, strong nationalism, police states

If you like philosophy, then here you can see what your own philosophical alignements are.

Ifreann wrote:That would certainly save the local regiment of American troops the trouble of plugging your head in ye olde shittere.

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:42 pm

The Alma Mater wrote:
Herskerstad wrote:

Well, let's say if someone wanted to hypothetically wage war on Islam. Having the destruction of their religion go before killing say populations that follow it. I would consider Muhammad's grave in Medina to be a far more inviting target, not to a nuclear bomb however, but to infiltration and then desecration of his corpse in completely haram ways before it's extradition. The preservation and burrial rituals in Islamic development seems to place a huge importance on such, though I cannot say for definite if such a thing were to have in their theology repercussions on judgement day. I mean, obviously for the hypothetical infiltrators, but it would send a theological shockwave through the Arab world which no fallen structure could match.

If the black stone was to be eradicated in what you described, which would generally be a question of where such an atomic bomb would be dropped, what material the black stone is ect, ect. I mean, the history of the black stone itself from what I know is a fairly dramatic one. It has of course had random acts of defilement done against it, in such an un-defensible situation it is sited in that much is unavoidable. It has been stolen, some say replaced. Had siege weaponry smash it and suffered damage in other ways. If it was however to be wholesomely, and beyond doubt, eradicated. Looking beyond the conflicts such would be likely to spawn, there likely would be a substitution of sorts or a false replica being hailed as a miraculous survival of such and I doubt it would be initially challenged. The hypothetical spiral out of control from there. I doubt even if ISIS somehow went full retard, conquered the Islamic world and even destroyed the Kibla, that they would somehow do away with the black stone, but if it was done away with, it would have to one degree or another theological aftermath.

But this is becoming perverted at this point. On the topic itself, would the US use nuclear arms against a ever-growing IS? .... It's possible against military targets just to make a point. Israel would obviously as a defender do something drastic, but the current logistics as them stand would have IS in an unbelievable disadvantage if they somehow started to knock on Israel's door. It would not be a David and Goliath situation to say the least. It would be something like the Flintstones against the entirety of warhammer 40k.
Last edited by Herskerstad on Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Although the stars do not speak, even in being silent they cry out. - John Calvin

Central and Eastern Visayas
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Central and Eastern Visayas » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:27 pm

Herskerstad wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:

Well, let's say if someone wanted to hypothetically wage war on Islam. Having the destruction of their religion go before killing say populations that follow it. I would consider Muhammad's grave in Medina to be a far more inviting target, not to a nuclear bomb however, but to infiltration and then desecration of his corpse in completely haram ways before it's extradition. The preservation and burrial rituals in Islamic development seems to place a huge importance on such, though I cannot say for definite if such a thing were to have in their theology repercussions on judgement day. I mean, obviously for the hypothetical infiltrators, but it would send a theological shockwave through the Arab world which no fallen structure could match.

If the black stone was to be eradicated in what you described, which would generally be a question of where such an atomic bomb would be dropped, what material the black stone is ect, ect. I mean, the history of the black stone itself from what I know is a fairly dramatic one. It has of course had random acts of defilement done against it, in such an un-defensible situation it is sited in that much is unavoidable. It has been stolen, some say replaced. Had siege weaponry smash it and suffered damage in other ways. If it was however to be wholesomely, and beyond doubt, eradicated. Looking beyond the conflicts such would be likely to spawn, there likely would be a substitution of sorts or a false replica being hailed as a miraculous survival of such and I doubt it would be initially challenged. The hypothetical spiral out of control from there. I doubt even if ISIS somehow went full retard, conquered the Islamic world and even destroyed the Kibla, that they would somehow do away with the black stone, but if it was done away with, it would have to one degree or another theological aftermath.

But this is becoming perverted at this point. On the topic itself, would the US use nuclear arms against a ever-growing IS? .... It's possible against military targets just to make a point. Israel would obviously as a defender do something drastic, but the current logistics as them stand would have IS in an unbelievable disadvantage if they somehow started to knock on Israel's door. It would not be a David and Goliath situation to say the least. It would be something like the Flintstones against the entirety of warhammer 40k.

And if IS does succeed in wiping out Israel, it would bring the rest of the world to destruction--Samson Option, anyone?
If believing in God means I am less than human in the eyes of some, fine; I will wear my yellow badge with pride.

TIMEZONE: GMT +8
1. In a gunless society, the strong prey on the weak with utter impunity.
2. Yes, I'm a Roman Catholic from the Philippines. And I know how much ass PH sucks at the moment.
3. Bastard with ADHD. Yep.
4. PDAF can go to hell!
Economic Left/Right: 6.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.49
Or: This.

Blakk Metal
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Blakk Metal » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:37 pm

Germanic Templars wrote:
Herskerstad wrote:
I think chances are high Erdogan will either screw it all up by aiming their artillery on Kudish positions, or will use the Turkish army to overshoot the rebels, capture some Syrian territory, and likely hold on to it, potentially permanently.

Come on now, Erdogan may not be the brightest person, but I am sure even he doesn't want to risk that publicity stunt.

It's happened before.

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:33 pm

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

The Seleucids (Ancient)
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Seleucids (Ancient) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:39 pm

Damn, never thought this pope would say such thing, but honestly, i doubt anyone disagrees with him on this one.

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:03 pm

Islamic State Crisis? Hardly. The Middle East goes through regime changes faster than Canonical releases updated versions of Ubuntu. The real crisis is the fact that people have nothing better to do with their lives than to poke their noses in the affairs of other nations. We have domestic issues to deal with, regardless of which nation you are a citizen of. Let's get to work on the issues that affect us first, before we start our adventageous quest to be the policemen of the world.
-3.5 Economically, -6.2 Socially

Click to Learn Why Trump is a Fascist

Proud Member of the Progressive Movement

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:05 pm

Belmaria wrote:Islamic State Crisis? Hardly. The Middle East goes through regime changes faster than Canonical releases updated versions of Ubuntu. The real crisis is the fact that people have nothing better to do with their lives than to poke their noses in the affairs of other nations. We have domestic issues to deal with, regardless of which nation you are a citizen of. Let's get to work on the issues that affect us first, before we start our adventageous quest to be the policemen of the world.

Yeah, sure. Let's abandon all of our friends and allies, ignore ISIS, and let an entire group of people get massacred, raped, or sold into slavery.
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:06 pm

Organized States wrote:
Belmaria wrote:Islamic State Crisis? Hardly. The Middle East goes through regime changes faster than Canonical releases updated versions of Ubuntu. The real crisis is the fact that people have nothing better to do with their lives than to poke their noses in the affairs of other nations. We have domestic issues to deal with, regardless of which nation you are a citizen of. Let's get to work on the issues that affect us first, before we start our adventageous quest to be the policemen of the world.

Yeah, sure. Let's abandon all of our friends and allies, ignore ISIS, and let an entire group of people get massacred, raped, or sold into slavery.

Because if we intervene, we will solve all of these problems. Just like we did in Iraq. Oh, wait...
-3.5 Economically, -6.2 Socially

Click to Learn Why Trump is a Fascist

Proud Member of the Progressive Movement

Herargon
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Herargon » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:10 pm

Deus vult! Exitus acta probat! In nomine Patris, filii et spiritus sancti!

The Crusades are returning ...

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:19 pm

Belmaria wrote:
Organized States wrote:Yeah, sure. Let's abandon all of our friends and allies, ignore ISIS, and let an entire group of people get massacred, raped, or sold into slavery.

Because if we intervene, we will solve all of these problems. Just like we did in Iraq. Oh, wait...

Do the people of the world not have a moral responsibility to stop crimes against Humanity? Do we not have a responsibility to live up to the agreements made in previous years to come to the aid of our partners in the region?

If you want to blame US foreign policy, blame this President. Not a residual force to complete the training of the Iraqi Security Forces, or to help coordinate a future return to Iraq. Obama screwed Iraq, and it's about goddamned time we go clean up the mess.
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

Marcurix
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 01, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Marcurix » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:21 pm

Belmaria wrote:
Organized States wrote:Yeah, sure. Let's abandon all of our friends and allies, ignore ISIS, and let an entire group of people get massacred, raped, or sold into slavery.

If you're comparing Isis to the 2003 US-led invasion of Iraq you don't understand the situation.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
-Voltaire

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-Winston Churchill

Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.
-Winston Churchill

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:21 pm

Herargon wrote:

Deus vult! Exitus acta probat! In nomine Patris, et filii et spiritus sancti!

Some may only hope. Me I hope there will be no crusades called sometime soon.

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

Marcurix
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 01, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Marcurix » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:23 pm

Germanic Templars wrote:
Herargon wrote:
Deus vult! Exitus acta probat! In nomine Patris, et filii et spiritus sancti!

Or ever.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
-Voltaire

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-Winston Churchill

Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.
-Winston Churchill

Sebastianbourg
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sebastianbourg » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:27 pm

Marcurix wrote:
Germanic Templars wrote:

Or ever.

Stop talking about religion or Archeuland and Baughistan will come.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General