NATION

PASSWORD

Pro-Disease movement, and decline in Vitamin shots

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tuthina
Senator

Founded: Jun 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tuthina » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:02 am

Hurdegaryp wrote:Is it just me, or do others also suspect that the members of the Pro-Disease movement are undercover worshippers of Nurgle, the Chaos God of Disease, Decay, and Destruction? In order to make sure if we're dealing with Nurgle cultists here, try and find the following symbol on pictures featuring Pro-Disease activists:

All hail father Nurgle!
Call me Reno.
14:54:02 <Lykens> Explain your definition of Reno.

11:47 <Swilatia> Good god, copy+paste is no way to build a country!

03:08 <Democratic Koyro> NSG senate is a glaring example of why no one in NSG should ever have a position of authority
Rated as Class A: Environmental Utopia by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Human Rights Haven (7/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Partially Free (4/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Post-Industrial Nation (48 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually) by Syleruian Carbon Output Index
Rated as Category B by Edenist Travel Advisory Guide

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:03 am

Magna Libero wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:You really don't understand what makes up an argument, do you?

Prove it wrong, if you can. And stop whining, ffs.

I don't have to prove anything. That's not how debates work. You made a claim. You made the burden of proof. Back It up or stop making shit up
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:03 am

Mavorpen wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:your post is the same kind of unscientific crap that gets these parents to put their children in danger.

the evidence that what you have "heard" is stupid is the lack of mass epidemics and how we no longer fear the diseases that vaccines protect us against because they occur so infrequently.

I mean, if they want to be anti-vaccine, they should be talking about actual problems like overuse in the livestock industry.

yeah. at least that makes sense. ....anti-antibiotics overuse. anti-growth hormone.
whatever

Oaledonia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Oaledonia » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:03 am

Magna Libero wrote:

I listed my hypothesis on the issue based on some documentaries and articles that I've seen and read years ago. Do you seriously expect me to know anything about biology and such? It was more like a question or a "maybe, therefore x" than a 100% sure claim.

"It's a hypothesis I made by reading some shit, of course I'm not going to back it with science!"

Burden of proof.
Last edited by Wikipe-tan on January 13, 2006 4:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The lovable PMT nation of hugs and chibi! Now with 75% more Hanyū!
Oaledonian wiki | Decoli Defense | Embassy | OAF Military Info
Blackjack-and-Hookers wrote:
Oaledonia wrote:I'll go make my own genocidal galactic empire! with blackjack and hookers

You bet your ass you will!
Divair wrote:NSG summer doesn't end anymore. Climate change.
Under construction
*POLITICALLY CONTENTIOUS STATEMENTS INTENSIFY*

Segland
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 16, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Segland » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:05 am

Oaledonia wrote:
Reliquiae wrote:Time to thin the herd. Let Darwinism take place.

That's sick. Children shouldn't suffer for their parents incompetence.

Exactly. It's total bullshit to pull the "natural selection" argument, considering the ones who are actually making the uniformed choices are the ones who survive.
The Seglandic Republic | Segelcynn Gemænewela | 色各兰共和国
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere." - Seamus Heaney

Sdaeriji
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Sdaeriji » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:05 am

Magna Libero wrote:

I listed my hypothesis on the issue based on some documentaries and articles that I've seen and read years ago. Do you seriously expect me to know anything about biology and such? It was more like a question or a "maybe, therefore x" than a 100% sure claim.

I read a magazine article that said that you've raped over 40 children. Prove it wrong.
Farnhamia wrote:What part of the four-letter word "Rules" are you having trouble with?
Farnhamia wrote:four-letter word "Rules"

Reliquiae
Political Columnist

Founded: May 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Reliquiae » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:09 am

Oaledonia wrote:
Reliquiae wrote:Time to thin the herd. Let Darwinism take place.

That's sick. Children shouldn't suffer for their parents incompetence.

Yet that is how this world works.

Magna Libero
Minister

Founded: Jun 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Magna Libero » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:09 am

Ashmoria wrote:
Magna Libero wrote:Excuse me, sir? Don't you have anything that actually contributes to the discussion?

your post is the same kind of unscientific crap that gets these parents to put their children in danger.

the evidence that what you have "heard" is stupid is the lack of mass epidemics and how we no longer fear the diseases that vaccines protect us against because they occur so infrequently.

But wouldn't a careless giving of a lot of vaccinations even for the smallest problems -- for example in a "third world country"-- be a possible factor for a supervirus?

And again just for clarification I'm not frickin' claiming anything. I'm not a scientist, I'm just interested to know if the public opinion has taken everything into account and also trying to be skeptical in general.
hi

Lalaki
Senator

Founded: May 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lalaki » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:10 am

Vaccinations are probably one of the best modern inventions humanity has ever come up with. It ranks up there with antibiotics, widespread communication via the phone and the Internet, etc.

People need to reject conspiracies to protect their children. The pharmacies aren't there to get you. They are there to help.
Born again free market capitalist.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:10 am

Neutraligon wrote:Or they have been misinformed.

If you allow yourself to be misinformed when the correct information is being thrust upon you from every other source you are in fact stupid.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.
Desired perception: Logical, intellectual
Public perception: Neutral-positive - blunt, cold, logical, skilled at debating
Mindset: Logos

Tuthina
Senator

Founded: Jun 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tuthina » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:10 am

Magna Libero wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:your post is the same kind of unscientific crap that gets these parents to put their children in danger.

But wouldn't a careless giving of a lot of vaccinations even for the smallest problems -- for example in a "third world country"-- be a possible factor for a supervirus?

And again just for clarification I'm not frickin' claiming anything. I'm not a scientist, I'm just interested to know if the public opinion has taken everything into account and also trying to be skeptical in general.

You are confusing vaccination with (reckless use of) antibiotics, which works on bacteria instead of virus anyway.
Call me Reno.
14:54:02 <Lykens> Explain your definition of Reno.

11:47 <Swilatia> Good god, copy+paste is no way to build a country!

03:08 <Democratic Koyro> NSG senate is a glaring example of why no one in NSG should ever have a position of authority
Rated as Class A: Environmental Utopia by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Human Rights Haven (7/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Partially Free (4/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Post-Industrial Nation (48 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually) by Syleruian Carbon Output Index
Rated as Category B by Edenist Travel Advisory Guide

Oaledonia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Oaledonia » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:10 am

Reliquiae wrote:
Oaledonia wrote:That's sick. Children shouldn't suffer for their parents incompetence.

Yet that is how this world works.

Yet that doesn't make it right. Unlike other animals, we have the social construct of morality, so quit the post-modernism.
Oaledonia wrote:I'll go make my own genocidal galactic empire! with blackjack and hookers

Under construction

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:11 am

Magna Libero wrote:

Did someone clock that backpedal? Must have been FTL.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:11 am

Magna Libero wrote:

Superviruses are produced by not following treatment regimes to the word. If your Doctor tells you to take penicillin for two months, you do not take it for 6 weeks. You take it for 8 weeks, and report back to him or her.
password scrambled

The IASM
Senator

Founded: Jan 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The IASM » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:12 am

Make them mandatory as quiet frankly I don't care about their stupid believes, those children need this.
HUN-01

20:22 Kirav Normal in Akai is nightmare fuel in the rest of the world.
11:33 Jedoria Something convoluted is going on in Akai probably.
Transoxthraxia: I'm no hentai connoisseur, but I'm pretty sure Akai's domestic politics would be like, at least top ten most fucked up hentais"
18:26 Deusaeuri Let me put it this way, you're what would happen if Lovecraft decided to write political dystopian techno thriller
20:19 Heku tits has gone mental
20:19 Jakee >gone
05:48 Malay lol akai sounds lovely this time of never

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:12 am

Magna Libero wrote:

no

and why would you want to have millions of people die rather than risk that some day some new disease might come along?
whatever

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:13 am

Mavorpen wrote:
Magna Libero wrote:But wouldn't a careless giving of a lot of vaccinations even for the smallest problems -- for example in a "third world country"-- be a possible factor for a supervirus?

Did someone clock that backpedal? Must have been FTL.

299,792,457 meters per second, so just a touch under the speed of light.
Insert trite farewell here

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:13 am

Magna Libero wrote:But wouldn't a careless giving of a lot of vaccinations even for the smallest problems -- for example in a "third world country"-- be a possible factor for a supervirus?

Skepticism is good you're being contrary which is bad.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.

Reliquiae
Political Columnist

Founded: May 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Reliquiae » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:17 am

Oaledonia wrote:
Reliquiae wrote:Yet that is how this world works.

Yet that doesn't make it right. Unlike other animals, we have the social construct of morality, so quit the post-modernism.

I beg to differ. "Humanity" and "Morals" do not belong in the same sentence. No matter how hard we try to be civilized, we as a race, fail horribly and revert back to our animal nature.

Oaledonia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Oaledonia » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:18 am

Reliquiae wrote:
Oaledonia wrote:Yet that doesn't make it right. Unlike other animals, we have the social construct of morality, so quit the post-modernism.

I beg to differ. "Humanity" and "Morals" do not belong in the same sentence. No matter how hard we try to be civilized, we as a race, fail horribly and revert back to our animal nature.

Edgy, but I already told you to knock off the post-modernism.

Under construction

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:18 am

Reliquiae wrote:
Oaledonia wrote:Yet that doesn't make it right. Unlike other animals, we have the social construct of morality, so quit the post-modernism.

Our animal nature is inclined towards civilization, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.
Insert trite farewell here

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:19 am

Reliquiae wrote:I beg to differ. "Humanity" and "Morals" do not belong in the same sentence. No matter how hard we try to be civilized, we as a race, fail horribly and revert back to our animal nature.

Our animal nature and our idea of morality are not unrelated. Humans as animals created moral codes for reasons that make sense in the context of our animal nature.

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:22 am

Des-Bal wrote:
Reliquiae wrote:I beg to differ. "Humanity" and "Morals" do not belong in the same sentence. No matter how hard we try to be civilized, we as a race, fail horribly and revert back to our animal nature.

Our animal nature and our idea of morality are not unrelated. Humans as animals created moral codes for reasons that make sense in the context of our animal nature.

As can be seen in other primates, who develop loose and sometimes incredibly strict mores in their societies.
password scrambled

Segland
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 16, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Segland » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:22 am

Des-Bal wrote:

Most social constructs have the intent of preserving our species and promoting overall progression -- overriding the innate animal nature is impossible for now, but humanity and morality do go hand in hand.
The Seglandic Republic | Segelcynn Gemænewela | 色各兰共和国
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere." - Seamus Heaney

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:22 am

Oaledonia wrote:
Reliquiae wrote:Yet that is how this world works.

No, several animal species have morality.
Last edited by Mavorpen on Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General