NATION

PASSWORD

Concede a Point (Part II Act I Scene I)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:40 pm

I can respect the fact that Quebecois separatists aren't violent in their mislead goal to break apart Canada. If they used force to press their agenda,Canada wouldn't be the peaceful and stable nation it is today, it's good they respect the democratic process. Same goes for Scotland (Neutral) and Catalonia(Moderately Pro)

Silent Majority
Minister

Founded: Jun 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Silent Majority » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:59 pm

I've come to respect the strand of Hoppe influenced libertarians for at least recognizing that their ideology is incompatible with egalitarian and Democratic values.
“It is the ultimate irony of history that radical individualism serves as the ideological justification of the unconstrained power of what the large majority of individuals experience as a vast anonymous power, which, without any democratic public control, regulates their lives.”
― Slavoj Žižek

Murkwood
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Murkwood » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:59 pm

Collective farms, like the Kibbutz in Israel, can and often do work.
Last edited by Murkwood on Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Degenerate Heart of HetRio wrote:Murkwood, I'm surprised you're not an anti-Semite and don't mind most LGBT rights because boy, aren't you a constellation of the worst opinions to have about everything? o_o

Benuty wrote:I suppose Ken Ham, and the league of Republican-Neocolonialist-Zionist Catholics will not be pleased.

Soldati senza confini wrote:Did I just try to rationalize Murkwood's logic? Please shoot me.

Catholicism has the fullness of the splendor of truth: The Bible and the Church Fathers agree!

The cold ice
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The cold ice » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:01 pm

Extremists are usually better at making people realize that a problem exists, even if they have solutions I don't fully agree with. See: Marxists and child labor, etc.
Everyone calls me Ice.

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:11 pm

I guess restricting personal freedoms would be good if everyone was a criminal...or something.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:12 pm

The Re-Frisivisiaing wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:

oh for sure. I will concede that they had good reason to be angry.

A black man in the Oval Office is pretty infuriating.

having the banks fuck the world's economy then getting bailed out is infuriating.
whatever

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:12 pm

Ashmoria wrote:
The Re-Frisivisiaing wrote:A black man in the Oval Office is pretty infuriating.

having the banks fuck the world's economy then getting bailed out is infuriating.

Thank you.
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
St. John Chrysostom wrote:A comprehended God is no God.

Murkwood
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Murkwood » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:17 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Sorry but there's no rationale behind homophobia, xenophobia, transphobia, abortion is murder and racism. I can't see any positives in those nor do I respect posters who hold such views. There's no common ground to be found.

Homophobia: Some people might be very religious, and have religious objections. Also, this usage of "phobia" is not what pro-traditional marriage folks would say.
Xenophobia: See nationalism.
Transphobia: Some people, like me, might believe that amputating organs doesn't change one's sex, which they (and I) believe is a biological reality, and not something you can change.
Abortion is Murder: You can easily understand why someone, like I, think that way. (Also, you don't respect me?)
Racism: Yeah, I quit.
Last edited by Murkwood on Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Degenerate Heart of HetRio wrote:Murkwood, I'm surprised you're not an anti-Semite and don't mind most LGBT rights because boy, aren't you a constellation of the worst opinions to have about everything? o_o

Benuty wrote:I suppose Ken Ham, and the league of Republican-Neocolonialist-Zionist Catholics will not be pleased.

Soldati senza confini wrote:Did I just try to rationalize Murkwood's logic? Please shoot me.

Catholicism has the fullness of the splendor of truth: The Bible and the Church Fathers agree!

Vamtrl
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vamtrl » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:18 pm

I am still waiting for the day I am wrong to concede a point. its not likely to ever happen but you never know. 8)

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:21 pm

Murkwood wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Sorry but there's no rationale behind homophobia, xenophobia, transphobia, abortion is murder and racism. I can't see any positives in those nor do I respect posters who hold such views. There's no common ground to be found.

Homophobia: Some people might be very religious, and have religious objections.
Transphobia: Some people, like me, might believe that imputing organs doesn't change one's sex, which they (and I) believe is a biological reality, and not something you can change.
Abortion is Murder: You can easily understand why someone, like I, think that way. (Also, you don't respect me?)

you're wrong on transphobia, because you can change organs. at least aesthetically.

Also, abortion isn't murder (it doesn't fit the definition).

Murkwood
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Murkwood » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:21 pm

Othelos wrote:
Murkwood wrote:Homophobia: Some people might be very religious, and have religious objections.
Transphobia: Some people, like me, might believe that imputing organs doesn't change one's sex, which they (and I) believe is a biological reality, and not something you can change.

you're wrong on transphobia, because you can change organs. at least aesthetically.

Again, both those points are debatable.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:23 pm

Othelos wrote:
Murkwood wrote:Homophobia: Some people might be very religious, and have religious objections.

Wouldn't functionality be more important than aesthetics?

Just to avoid getting caught up in the trans-debate, I just want to make clear that I pretty much have no opinion on the issue itself whatsoever.
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
St. John Chrysostom wrote:A comprehended God is no God.

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:23 pm

Murkwood wrote:
Othelos wrote:you're wrong on transphobia, because you can change organs. at least aesthetically.

Again, both those points are debatable.

then debate them. lol

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:25 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:
Othelos wrote:you're wrong on transphobia, because you can change organs. at least aesthetically.

Wouldn't functionality be more important than aesthetics?

Just to avoid getting caught up in the trans-debate, I just want to make clear that I pretty much have no opinion on the issue itself whatsoever.

not necessarily. we don't have the technology to alter organs to the point where we can mimic functionality 100%, but people can try to get close.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:25 pm

Murkwood wrote:

Homophobia: Some people might be very religious, and have religious objections. Also, this usage of "phobia" is not what pro-traditional marriage folks would say.

Some very religious people do not hate homosexuals. There's no reason behind the hate.
To think your nation is the shit whilst degrading people from other countries is deplorable.
Transsexual hate is also deplorable as gender and sex are not the same.
Abortion is not murder as murder only happens between people. Also, it's asinine to argue about potentials. If you hate on people for seeking an abortion, yeah, I don't respect you.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Murkwood
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Murkwood » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:26 pm

Othelos wrote:
Murkwood wrote:Again, both those points are debatable.

then debate them. lol

That's not what this thread is for.

And what is up with that "lol"? It's like you don't even care.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009

Postby Esternial » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:26 pm

Ugh.

Okey, I'll concede a point.

There.

Murkwood
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Murkwood » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:26 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Murkwood wrote:Homophobia: Some people might be very religious, and have religious objections. Also, this usage of "phobia" is not what pro-traditional marriage folks would say.

Some very religious people do not hate homosexuals. There's no reason behind the hate.
To think your nation is the shit whilst degrading people from other countries is deplorable.
Abortion is not murder as murder only happens between people. Also, it's asinine to argue about potentials. If you hate on people for seeking an abortion, yeah, I don't respect you.

When did I say I hate people who get abortions? I don't respect them, but I don't hate them.

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:27 pm

Murkwood wrote:
Othelos wrote:then debate them. lol

That's not what this thread is for.

And what is up with that "lol"? It's like you don't even care.

fine. and what?

Threlizdun
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Threlizdun » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:27 pm

Authoritarian regimes have on numerous occassion implemented policies that benefitted the common people.
Religion isn't always that negative of a phenomenon and I have more issues with it than I honestly should.
It's perfectly understandable why people fear and hate those that are different from them even if it is still unacceptable.
She/they

Communalist, Social Ecologist, Bioregionalist

This site stresses me out, so I rarely come on here anymore. I'll try to be civil and respectful towards those I'm debating on here. If you don't extend the same courtesy then I'll probably just ignore you.

If we've been friendly in the past and you want to keep in touch, shoot me a telegram

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:28 pm

Murkwood wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

When did I say I hate people who get abortions? I don't respect them, but I don't hate them.

Then moving on. And I best stop as this thread is apparently not for debate but for being hunkydory.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Pope Joan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Pope Joan » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:49 pm

I like liberty, but we do need some freedom in order to prevent chaos. I confess that when I lived in a system in which everything was supposed to be "shared", wolvish people took what they wanted and called us selfish materialists if we complained.

I am a religious person, but a healthy dose of skepticism is a good thing. Let's not swallow too much dogma all at once.

I am opposed to capital punishment, but I hope people like the beast who killed Polly Klaas (Richard Allen Davis) would be entombed alive where the sun never shines.

I like oatmeal! But I do despise the nutrition-free hominy grits.
"Life is difficult".

-M. Scott Peck

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:53 pm

I'll concede that there's a fairly substantial OP on this thread, despite the fact that the premise is essentially spammy. Which is not to say it won't be locked as spam ... just not this instant.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009

Postby Esternial » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:54 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:I'll concede that there's a fairly substantial OP on this thread, despite the fact that the premise is essentially spammy. Which is not to say it won't be locked as spam ... just not this instant.

I'll admit that, while you are being a spoilsport, you do have a point.

North Defese
Minister

Founded: Jun 21, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby North Defese » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:02 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:I'll concede that there's a fairly substantial OP on this thread, despite the fact that the premise is essentially spammy. Which is not to say it won't be locked as spam ... just not this instant.

Interesting, as the last one was well received by participating moderators. I concede that it could be considered such, if the intent was different. :p
"One minute Defesian logic is all happy and joyish with some seriousness involved. Then suddenly you look into the context and notice a brutal, bloody wording.
And you're like 'Holy shit, Defese is terrifying.'" - Restored Belka
The Defesian National Anthem
Pro: good things :)
Con: bad things >:(

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General