NATION

PASSWORD

Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock TET

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:13 pm

Mushet wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
That's good. In some cases, honors even means not having to pay tuition.

LA County pays my tuition, very low family income works a little in my favor for once :p

Ah, ok. That's a plus then for once.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Benshir
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Benshir » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:14 pm

Hladgos wrote:
Benshir wrote:Bree Olson: Yeah, take it.

Remember who you're talking to. I don't know who it is unless it's Will Smith, Eddie Murphy, Morgan Freeman, Obama, Arnold Shwarzeneggar, a variety of jazz artists, political important people, or people related to me.

Pity that Channing Tatum isn't on that list.
Married to The Holy Therns. Let the spice flow.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:14 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Luziyca wrote:I see. So, would you prefer the First Spanish Republic, the monarchy until the Second Spanish Republic, the Second Spanish Republic, the Francoists or the current constitutional monarchy?

Current constitutional monarchy.

I see. I presume your least favorite is Generalissimo Fransisco Franco, who is still valiantly continuing his fight to remain dead?
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Mushet
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mushet » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:15 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Mushet wrote:LA County pays my tuition, very low family income works a little in my favor for once :p

Remember I got a 0.0 GPA first semester, I'm always digging myself out of holes or trying to get in yours :p
"what I believe is like a box, and we’re taking the energy of our thinking and putting into a box of beliefs, pretending that we’re thinking...I’ve gone through most of my life not believing anything. Either I know or I don’t know, or I think." - John Trudell

Gun control is, and always has been, a tool of white supremacy.

Puppet: E-City ranked #1 in the world for Highest Drug Use on 5/25/2015
Puppet Sacred Heart Church ranked #2 in the world for Nudest 2/25/2010
OP of a 5 page archived thread The Forum Seven Tit Museum
Previous Official King of Forum 7 (2010-2012/13), relinquished own title
First person to get AQ'd Quote was funnier in 2011, you had to have been there
Celebrating over a decade on Nationstates!

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:15 pm

Luziyca wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Current constitutional monarchy.

I see. I presume your least favorite is Generalissimo Fransisco Franco, who is still valiantly continuing his fight to remain dead?

I detest Franco. My family was victimized by his regime.
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:15 pm

Benshir wrote:
Hladgos wrote:Remember who you're talking to. I don't know who it is unless it's Will Smith, Eddie Murphy, Morgan Freeman, Obama, Arnold Shwarzeneggar, a variety of jazz artists, political important people, or people related to me.

Pity that Channing Tatum isn't on that list.

I've heard the name, I don't make a connection. Sports?
Divair wrote:Hladcore.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're a nut. I like that.
Pro: being outside, conserving our Earth, the pursuit of happiness, universal acceptance
Anti: ignorance and intolerance
Life is suffering. Suffering is caused by craving and aversion. Suffering can be overcome and happiness can be attained. Live a moral life.

"Life would be tragic if it weren't funny." -Stephen Hawking

"The purpose of our life is to be happy." -Dali Lama

"If I had no sense of humor, I would have long ago committed suicide." -Gandhi

"Don't worry, be happy!" -Bobby McFerrin

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:16 pm

Mushet wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Remember I got a 0.0 GPA first semester, I'm always digging myself out of holes or trying to get in yours :p

I'm glad. I do recall you not doing well at all that first semester.
Slava Ukraini

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:17 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Luziyca wrote:I see. I presume your least favorite is Generalissimo Fransisco Franco, who is still valiantly continuing his fight to remain dead?

I see. *nods*

So, do you prefer the USA or Spain?
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:18 pm

Luziyca wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

I see. *nods*

I won't lie. I'd rather be in Spain. The adjustment has been hard and with my issues, life in the US hasn't been a dream. I have a good husband and a good family, but that's it. I miss the familiar.
Slava Ukraini

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:19 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Luziyca wrote:I see. *nods*

I won't lie. I'd rather be in Spain. The adjustment has been hard and with my issues, life in the US hasn't been a dream. I have a good husband and a good family, but that's it. I miss the familiar.

I notice you didn't add 'friends'. Does that make us here family?

Pro: being outside, conserving our Earth, the pursuit of happiness, universal acceptance
Life is suffering. Suffering is caused by craving and aversion. Suffering can be overcome and happiness can be attained. Live a moral life.

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:19 pm

Luziyca wrote:
The Serbian Empire wrote:And somehow acts as if he can become President even though he's ineligible.

Yep. Unless if his parents were naturalized US citizens. After all, McCain was technically born in Panama.

The Serbian Empire wrote:And if Ted Cruz had stayed in Canada, he'd probably be a Tory.

Damn right. He'd probably be either a Senator or a PM. Perkele.

He might be able to as I found his mother was born in Delaware. Father, a Cuban defector who didn't have US citizenship at that time. It's a gray area as unlike McCain who was born on a US military base in Panama, it's known that Calgary isn't (a in the US or (b a military base operated by one of the branches of the US military.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:20 pm

I just remembered the completely random warning label on a box of canvas stands I saw tonight;
Caution, do not too much art

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

Benshir
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Benshir » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:20 pm

Hladgos wrote:I've heard the name, I don't make a connection. Sports?

Stripper turned Hollywood actor. :D
Married to The Holy Therns. Let the spice flow.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:21 pm

Hladgos wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

There's a difference between having buddies in NSG, and having a circle of friends where I live. I know people, and some people like me, but I can't say I have a circle of friends where I live. I do not. And it's in a big measure my fault. I have the social skills of a turnip. And, well, I'm not religious so... The closest friend I have is Gidge, and she lives in Canada.
Slava Ukraini

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:21 pm

Benshir wrote:
Hladgos wrote:I've heard the name, I don't make a connection. Sports?

Stripper turned Hollywood actor. :D

Should've guessed it was an actor! Wait, stripper? Former coworker maybe?

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:23 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Luziyca wrote:I see. *nods*

Good point, Nana. As for me, I haven't left Saskatoon to move to another city (I have traveled to Egypt and India, the former back when it was stable, and had a few stopovers in Toronto and Frankfurt: other than that in Canada, I traveled to Regina a few times from 2006 to 2009 and again in 2012, Jasper twice in 2000 and 2010, both for family reunions, and Calgary several times, I think in 2002 and then again in 2011 and last summer).

I enjoy Saskatoon, and I say it is the best city in North America.

The Serbian Empire wrote:
Luziyca wrote:Yep. Unless if his parents were naturalized US citizens. After all, McCain was technically born in Panama.

Damn right. He'd probably be either a Senator or a PM. Perkele.

He might be able to as I found his mother was born in Delaware. Father, a Cuban defector who didn't have US citizenship at that time. It's a gray area as unlike McCain who was born on a US military base in Panama, it's known that Calgary isn't (a in the US or (b a military base operated by one of the branches of the US military.

Yeah. I think though that he probably *may* be eligible since IIRC, his parents worked at the American Consulate in Calgary when he was born.

Liberonscien
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberonscien » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:23 pm

Hladgos wrote:
Liberonscien wrote:I'll take it. :)

You'll take it all?

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Dat facial fur.

*trips on own beard whilst musicing*

Sure, why not? I like cream.
No real signature for now besides the preceding text and the following punctuation.

Toronina
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Toronina » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:24 pm

Lurk moar TET. Always lurk moar
Now I'm back in the ring to take another swing

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:25 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Hladgos wrote:I notice you didn't add 'friends'. Does that make us here family?

There's a difference between having buddies in NSG, and having a circle of friends where I live. I know people, and some people like me, but I can't say I have a circle of friends where I live. I do not. And it's in a big measure my fault. I have the social skills of a turnip. And, well, I'm not religious so... The closest friend I have is Gidge, and she lives in Canada.

Yeah. I know only one NSer, but I haven't saw him in a few years (and I only knew he was on NS in October) in RL. I also know that another NSer is in Saskatoon (but I haven't met him yet), and I tried to recruit one of my friends who was interested in politics to the game but she decided against it.

As for me, I have a small circle of friends, but they're kind of more acquaintances.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:25 pm

Toronina wrote:Lurk moar TET. Always lurk moar

Amen, Toro. I always come on here. Hell, I rarely do RPing these days, but I always discuss RP ideas and sometimes execute the ideas.

Liberonscien
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberonscien » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:25 pm

Hladgos wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Go back up the family tree far enough and come back down and you'll see that I'm your distant cousin.
No real signature for now besides the preceding text and the following punctuation.

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:26 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Don't worry, I don't have any friends round here either, due to the fact that all my previous friends were in highschool when I went to college. Then again, the internet is a great place to say things and make friends! In stark contrast to how many posts I have here, I probably talk about.. Twenty times a day when I'm not with my girlfriend. And it's always easy to find good friends in real life. Libraries are often full of intelligent people who wish they had friends just like you who are silly and smart and goofy!

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

Auremena
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Auremena » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:26 pm

NS's aviation and train sabelotodo.
Post-left anarchist and sad about it.
Killdash, Firsthome, Coffee Cakes, SSC, GCoCS, Snowy, Val, Aeqy, and Replevion are my bitches.
Foot worshipper: Lutvikkia. Dakky's mom, I had her with Nana.
The female Jim Morrison; not as talented, but just as attractive and self destructive. The one true heir to the throne of the Lizard King.
Some poetry I write sometimes
Tearing the MBTA a new one since 2014. The MTA too since 2016. Cover the world in trains 2030
COYS!

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:26 pm

Liberonscien wrote:

Go back up the family tree far enough and come back down and you'll see that I'm your distant cousin.

If you go 50 generations, every human on Earth is related to each other. So really, everybody is at least your 50th cousin.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:27 pm

Luziyca wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Yeah. I know only one NSer, but I haven't saw him in a few years (and I only knew he was on NS in October) in RL. I also know that another NSer is in Saskatoon (but I haven't met him yet), and I tried to recruit one of my friends who was interested in politics to the game but she decided against it.

As for me, I have a small circle of friends, but they're kind of more acquaintances.

Well, with Gidge is more because we've met and have hung out and I talk to her through FB quite often.I'm trying to see if I can visit in the Fall. I'm meeting Coffee Cakes in August. But none of them live anywhere nearby. My circle of friends is back in Spain.
Slava Ukraini

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General