NATION

PASSWORD

Which European monarchy is the most likely to return?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Ninia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 15, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Which European monarchy is the most likely to return?

Postby Ninia » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:01 am

I know the probability of this happening is close to zero, so you don't need to tell me that it'll never happen. But if there is a chance, Who do you think it would be and where?
-Scotland & The Stuarts? Would certainly be an interesting twist if the Scots gain independence.
-France and the House Bourbon or the House Orleans?
-Austria and the Habsburgs?
-Russia and the Romanovs?
-A unified Germany under the Hohenzollern? Might have happened if Germany were unified in 1945 and not 45 years later.
OrSomewhere else? Portugal? Romania? Hungary? Greece? Italy? Bulgaria? Albania? Finland? Poland?

What do you think?
Last edited by Ninia on Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:04 am, edited 5 times in total.
Ελευθερία ή θάνατος.
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Everyone is a child of God. Treat everyone with respect and dignity. Life is a gift. Democracy is a human right. Take care of this planet and all living species.

This nation doesn't follow the NS-statistics.

Marcurix
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 01, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Marcurix » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:12 am

The French monarchy of course. *nod*
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
-Voltaire

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-Winston Churchill

Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.
-Winston Churchill

Estado Paulista
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Estado Paulista » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:29 am

AFAIK, the Serbian and the Romanian ones, maybe the Georgian one as well.
Your nation is like a son. What it does right is your merit, as well as what it does wrong is your fault. When you praise it, be lucid and avoid exaggeration. Praising it too much can make it indolent. On the other hand, when you criticize it, be harsh, but do not ridicule it. Do your best to improve it, not through derision or disdain, but through good examples and dedication.

Baltenstein
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Baltenstein » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:30 am

Russia doesn't need a new monarch, it already has one.

As for the topic, I think France is the only country in which a (comically small) restorationist movement exists.

Oh, and the last Tsar of Bulgaria became Prime Minister of his country for a couple of years. Don't know if that counts.
Last edited by Baltenstein on Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
O'er the hills and o'er the main.
Through Flanders, Portugal and Spain.
King George commands and we obey.
Over the hills and far away.

THE NORTH REMEMBERS

Krjder
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Krjder » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:34 am

Ninia wrote:I know the probability of this happening is close to zero, so you don't need to tell me that it'll never happen. But if there is a chance, Who do you think it would be and where?
-Scotland & The Stuarts? Would certainly be an interesting twist if the Scots gain independence.
-France and the House Bourbon or the House Orleans?
-Austria and the Habsburgs?
-Russia and the Romanovs?
-A unified Germany under the Hohenzollern? Might have happened if Germany were unified in 1945 and not 45 years later.
OrSomewhere else? Portugal? Romania? Hungary? Greece? Italy? Bulgaria? Albania? Finland? Poland?

What do you think?

The German Empire was unified in 1871, not 1900. And what makes you think that Germany would be allowed a Prussian/Swabian Monarchy, the very same who set them into WWI to rule post nazi Germany?
Be polite, write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness.
-Otto Von Bismarck
Embassy App

Nation Type: Direct Democratic Federal Monarchy
Capital: Aastejk
Population: 480,670,500
Current Leadership:
-Emperor Anton IV
-Realm Chancellor Atsūjiri Gyēzashiri
Military:
-1,560,000 Active
-4,750,000 Reserves
Dutch teen, Roman Catholic, socially conservative, economically libertarian. Enjoys; hunting, classical & march music, history and debating.

Diakhopol
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Diakhopol » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:36 am

I would like to see a new Austria-Hungary. However, it is not likely to happen. Hungarians hate Habsburgs, and Austrians don't really like Hungarians...

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:37 am

I hope the German one. There's a dead guy here that I want to remove from our country.
The Blaatschapen should resign

Krjder
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Krjder » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:39 am

I would like to see a new Finnish Monarchy, it is the only Nordic nation without one. Although, Finland lacks a nobility to be-King so...

Or perhaps a Hungarian Monarchy. That would be nice, it would further boost their tourism and add further splendour to an honourable nation stepped in history.
Be polite, write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness.
-Otto Von Bismarck
Embassy App

Current Leadership:
-Emperor Anton IV
Military:
-1,560,000 Active
-4,750,000 Reserves
Dutch teen, Roman Catholic, socially conservative, economically libertarian. Enjoys; hunting, classical & march music, history and debating.

Vozt Yurkova
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vozt Yurkova » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:41 am

None are likely to return, as we're way past the 19th century. Imperialist and monarchist fetishists fortunately comprise a minority of the European population. Those monarchies which still exist in Europe are mostly ceremonial posts and as such are pretty irrelevant to the political world.
'z' before a vowel = zh
'z' before a consonant = sh

Alcmaria
Envoy

Founded: May 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Alcmaria » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:42 am

Krjder wrote:I would like to see a new Finnish Monarchy, it is the only Nordic nation without one.

False. Iceland is a republic 8)
A propriedade não é roubo: não é nada.
Não o prazer, não a glória, não o poder: a liberdade, unicamente a liberdade.

capitalism, democracy, freedom, humanism, peace, semi-presidentialism
alcohol/drugs, communism, libertarianism, monarchy, nationalism, patriotism, racism, radicalism, slavery, totalitarianism, violence, war
Feel free to TG me or to propose constructing embassies, which is something entirely different. Anything related to strategy is my thing.

Diakhopol
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Diakhopol » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:42 am

Krjder wrote:Or perhaps a Hungarian Monarchy. That would be nice, it would further boost their tourism and add further splendour to an honourable nation stepped in history.

There was actually an attempt to make Hungary a monarchy once more in 1920 or 1922 as far as I can remember. The exiled Habsburg king wanted to return, but the Governor, Horthy stopped him. However, Hungary officially remained a monarchy without a king until 1945.

Krjder
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Krjder » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:42 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:I hope the German one. There's a dead guy here that I want to remove from our country.

You are Dutch right? And I take you are referring to De achtenswaardige Koning Willem-Alexander.
Last edited by Krjder on Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Otto Von Bismarck
Embassy App

Current Leadership:
-Emperor Anton IV
Military:
-1,560,000 Active
-4,750,000 Reserves

Krjder
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Krjder » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:43 am

Alcmaria wrote:
Krjder wrote:I would like to see a new Finnish Monarchy, it is the only Nordic nation without one.

False. Iceland is a republic 8)

Ah, yes silly me. I completely forgot.
-Otto Von Bismarck
Embassy App

Current Leadership:
-Emperor Anton IV
Military:
-1,560,000 Active
-4,750,000 Reserves

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:44 am

Baltenstein wrote:Russia doesn't need a new monarch, it already has one.

As for the topic, I think France is the only country in which a (comically small) restorationist movement exists.

Oh, and the last Tsar of Bulgaria became Prime Minister of his country for a couple of years. Don't know if that counts.

There is a larger Restorationist movement in Germany, actually.

Krjder wrote:I would like to see a new Finnish Monarchy, it is the only Nordic nation without one. Although, Finland lacks a nobility to be-King so...

Or perhaps a Hungarian Monarchy. That would be nice, it would further boost their tourism and add further splendour to an honourable nation stepped in history.

Iceland is a Nordic nation by some accounts.

Krjder wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:I hope the German one. There's a dead guy here that I want to remove from our country.

You are Dutch right? And I take you are referring to De achtenswaardige Koning Willem-Alexander. (Excuse my awful Dutch, I was sent away to British boarding school and never got to grips.

Nope, I'm pretty sure he's referring to Kaiser Wilhelm II.
I'M FROM KYLARIS, AND I'M HERE TO HELP!

Krjder
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Krjder » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:44 am

Diakhopol wrote:
Krjder wrote:Or perhaps a Hungarian Monarchy. That would be nice, it would further boost their tourism and add further splendour to an honourable nation stepped in history.

There was actually an attempt to make Hungary a monarchy once more in 1920 or 1922 as far as I can remember. The exiled Habsburg king wanted to return, but the Governor, Horthy stopped him. However, Hungary officially remained a monarchy without a king until 1945.

Ah, old Miklos. And yes, you are right. Horthy was actually the Regent King, Regent to Charles.
-Otto Von Bismarck
Embassy App

Current Leadership:
-Emperor Anton IV
Military:
-1,560,000 Active
-4,750,000 Reserves

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:45 am

Krjder wrote:

You are Dutch right? And I take you are referring to De achtenswaardige Koning Willem-Alexander. (Excuse my awful Dutch, I was sent away to British boarding school and never got to grips.

)

I'm not referring to him. I am referring to a dead guy, lying on our territory until the German monarchy returns. That moment is when he can be repatriated back to Germany.
The Blaatschapen should resign

Krjder
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Krjder » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:46 am

Caltarania wrote:
Baltenstein wrote:Russia doesn't need a new monarch, it already has one.

There is a larger Restorationist movement in Germany, actually.

Krjder wrote:I would like to see a new Finnish Monarchy, it is the only Nordic nation without one. Although, Finland lacks a nobility to be-King so...

Iceland is a Nordic nation by some accounts.

Krjder wrote:You are Dutch right? And I take you are referring to De achtenswaardige Koning Willem-Alexander. (Excuse my awful Dutch, I was sent away to British boarding school and never got to grips.

Nope, I'm pretty sure he's referring to Kaiser Wilhelm II.

I suppose. Is he still buried in Appeldoorn?
-Otto Von Bismarck
Embassy App

Current Leadership:
-Emperor Anton IV
Military:
-1,560,000 Active
-4,750,000 Reserves

Alcmaria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Alcmaria » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:49 am

Krjder wrote:

I think he's referring to Willem-Alexander's father, grandfather, great-grandfather and/or great-great-grandmother, who were all german.

e: WHAT?! Is Wilhelm II still buried here? Jeez I dislike our monarchy.
Last edited by Alcmaria on Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

alcohol/drugs, communism, libertarianism, monarchy, nationalism, patriotism, racism, radicalism, slavery, totalitarianism, violence, war
Feel free to TG me or to propose constructing embassies, which is something entirely different. Anything related to strategy is my thing.

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:51 am

Krjder wrote:
Caltarania wrote:Nope, I'm pretty sure he's referring to Kaiser Wilhelm II.

Loose the Appel.
I'M FROM KYLARIS, AND I'M HERE TO HELP!

Krjder
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Krjder » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:53 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Krjder wrote:You are Dutch right? And I take you are referring to De achtenswaardige Koning Willem-Alexander. (Excuse my awful Dutch, I was sent away to British boarding school and never got to grips.

)

I'm not referring to him. I am referring to a dead guy, lying on our territory until the German monarchy returns. That moment is when he can be repatriated back to Germany.

Oh, sorry. Kaiser Wilhelm II. He vowed never to return until either Prussia regains it's monarchy or Germany as a whole is unified under a monarch...
-Otto Von Bismarck
Embassy App

Current Leadership:
-Emperor Anton IV
Military:
-1,560,000 Active
-4,750,000 Reserves

Krjder
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Krjder » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:54 am

Alcmaria wrote:

I think he's referring to Willem-Alexander's father, grandfather, great-grandfather and/or great-great-grandmother, who were all german.

e: WHAT?! Is Wilhelm II still buried here? Jeez I dislike our monarchy.

Yes, he is.
-Otto Von Bismarck
Embassy App

Current Leadership:
-Emperor Anton IV
Military:
-1,560,000 Active
-4,750,000 Reserves

Krjder
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Krjder » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:54 am

Caltarania wrote:
Krjder wrote:

Loose the Appel.

Ah, close enough.
-Otto Von Bismarck
Embassy App

Current Leadership:
-Emperor Anton IV
Military:
-1,560,000 Active
-4,750,000 Reserves

Alcmaria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Alcmaria » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:55 am

Krjder wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:
)

Oh, sorry. Kaiser Wilhelm II. He vowed never to return until either Prussia regains it's monarchy or Germany as a whole is unified under a monarch...

Can't we just throw him over our natural border on the west side?

Krjder
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Krjder » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:56 am

Alcmaria wrote:
Krjder wrote:

Can't we just throw him over our natural border on the west side?

No, because he cannot return until Germany or Prussia regains it's monarchy.
-Otto Von Bismarck
Embassy App

Current Leadership:
-Emperor Anton IV
Military:
-1,560,000 Active
-4,750,000 Reserves

Roski Emericans
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski Emericans » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:58 am

Unified Germany will most likely mean that the Kremlin is German.

I wouldn't particularly mind that.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General