NATION

PASSWORD

Malaysian Airliner crashes in Ukraine

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Isles of New Babylon
Spokesperson

Founded: May 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Isles of New Babylon » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:30 am

Tasmovova wrote:
The Isles of New Babylon wrote:MH370 probably crashed as a result of a techincal fault on the plane while MH17 was shot down by a SAM.

Obama just said separatist rebels had shot it down.

Yeah MH17 was probably accidentally shot down by the rebels.

Tasmovova
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tasmovova » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:30 am

Wind in the Willows wrote:It's pissing me off that everyone seems to be blaming Russia or the rebels at the moment. How do you know it was them? Let the authorities investigate before accusing anyone.

Thank you, someone who has a brain.
Defence Budget: $46,662,000,000,000.00

Cyyro
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyyro » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:31 am

Ifreann wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:
Can you give sources for this?

I can't imagine that it would be acceptable to post his rectum.

That...that was funny.
Providence and Port Hope wrote:Cyrro later!

Rikatan wrote:
Cyyro wrote:I didn't even know it could get this low..
You. You jinxed it.

The Blaatschapen wrote:The problem with congress is that it is full of politicians.

New Plack
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Plack » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:34 am

I think that Ukraine shot down the plane so that they could blame the russians and that the UN will put sanctions against Putin and might send forces to stop the crisis in ukraine.

Wind in the Willows
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wind in the Willows » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:35 am

New Plack wrote:I think that Ukraine shot down the plane so that they could blame the russians and that the UN will put sanctions against Putin and might send forces to stop the crisis in ukraine.

Let authorities investigate first, alright? :eyebrow:

Tahar Joblis
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tahar Joblis » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:35 am

Langor Empire wrote:Ukrainian Persecutor General has stated that the rebels did not capture Buks or C-300. The following link is in Russian but you should be able to use Google Translate or check theInternet about that.
http://itar-tass.com/proisshestviya/1326489

If I am not greatly mistaken, the Ukrainian government has implied that the "rebels" got the weapons from Russia and those weapons were manned by people who actually were, in fact, Russian soldiers.

Tasmovova
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasmovova » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:35 am

Found this on Janes.

L Ron Cupboard
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby L Ron Cupboard » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:38 am

Tasmovova wrote:
L Ron Cupboard wrote:
Above not in... and what the hell does that have to do with countries not letting Malaysian aircraft enter their airspace? The two crashes have completely different causes, so it is pure coincidence that they both happen to belong to the same carrier.

What were the causes then?

Does it matter what the specific causes were when they clearly weren't the same, and therefore give no grounds for anyone banning Malaysian planes from their airspace.
A leopard in every home, you know it makes sense.

Lenciland
Minister

Founded: Jun 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lenciland » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:41 am

Whoever is to blame needs to be wiped out. While I don't think its Putin, you can't eliminate him, he seems to want a Soviet Reunion. Ya know what? I actually think it's Putin, I'm tired of what he's doing with the former Soviet Republics. He can't even keep his own puppet up, the Ukrainians revolted!
Quotes:
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:
Lenciland wrote:No there is no Messiah only the Misoiah and that is the Greta One. Bombadil and I am his prophet.

Misoyah Heathens, there is only the one true Ass.
Lo, for his prophet Andy Kaufman came down from on high, to show the ways of the troll.

Karlsreich wrote:And on the fourth day, God created Saturn. And he liked it. So he put a ring on it.

C is for colonies. Rightly we boast. That of all the great nations. Great Britain has the most.
Lenciland & Saint Kitten, neighbors in Hell.
Cthulu be praised!!

Wind in the Willows
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wind in the Willows » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:43 am

Lenciland wrote:Whoever is to blame needs to be wiped out. While I don't think its Putin, you can't eliminate him, he seems to want a Soviet Reunion. Ya know what? I actually think it's Putin, I'm tired of what he's doing with the former Soviet Republics. He can't even keep his own puppet up, the Ukrainians revolted!

Do you have any proof of this bullshit you spout, or are you guessing? Let the relevant authorities investigate it, and then we can punish those who are responsible.

Limborg
Senator

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Limborg » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:43 am

Punkvania wrote:
Limborg wrote:
Says the person who had come up with pretty much nothing but garbage.

Wich is totally understandable. I would chose my sisters over my pets aswell.

When we were young my mom and my dad told my brothers and I... "If you were hanging from a cliff, and I could only save you or your mom/dad... I'd save you"

That's from a place of love, and not morbid at all. Family and friends are more important than anything else in this messed up world.

I think it depends, there are alot of families that aren't like that, families that grew apart and have barely any or no contact with eachother.

Primordial Sardaukus
Secretary

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Primordial Sardaukus » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:44 am

So who would've thought that they fly a passenger plane over an area that was CLEARLY having a crisis going on.
My nations (w/ pronunciation): Primordial Sardaukus, Xyaxaraz (see-yah-zah-raz), Zakrzew (zah-kur-zoo), Terameep, Zyraxovykionikkiaquassa (zee-rack-soh-vee-kee-yoh-nee-kee-yah-kwa-zah)

Proud author of Issue #370

Limborg
Senator

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Limborg » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:44 am

Ifreann wrote:
Limborg wrote:
Says the person who had come up with pretty much nothing but garbage.

Yes. Says me. My garbage, at least, is funny. This holier than thou "y u no sad for animals" bit? Not so much.

Becouse it wasn't even supposed to be funny in the first place.
Last edited by Limborg on Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tasmovova
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasmovova » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:45 am

You, me or anybody does not know what happened to either aircraft until the cause is found and not made up of presumptions.
Last edited by Tasmovova on Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tahar Joblis
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tahar Joblis » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:45 am

Wind in the Willows wrote:It's pissing me off that everyone seems to be blaming Russia or the rebels at the moment. How do you know it was them? Let the authorities investigate before accusing anyone.

Which authorities?

The Ukrainian authorities? The Russian authorities? The separatist "authorities" who had physical control of the crash site when the debris hit ground? The US authorities? NATO authorities? UN authorities?

The separatist forces haven't been letting the Ukrainians investigate any more closely, which leaves the Ukrainians blaming Russians and separatists as one and the same (and both responsible).

The Russian authorities have loudly announced they're certain it was launched from a Ukrainian missile site. The Ukrainian authorities have announced they have video evidence showing a partially loaded (and therefore partially used) Buk missile system traveling back across the Russian border.

The US authorities have announced that it was the work of separatists, based on their investigations and satellite intel.

L Ron Cupboard
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby L Ron Cupboard » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:47 am

Primordial Sardaukus wrote:So who would've thought that they fly a passenger plane over an area that was CLEARLY having a crisis going on.

Passenger planes frequently fly over war zones.

Lenciland
Minister

Founded: Jun 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lenciland » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:48 am

Wind in the Willows wrote:
Lenciland wrote:Whoever is to blame needs to be wiped out. While I don't think its Putin, you can't eliminate him, he seems to want a Soviet Reunion. Ya know what? I actually think it's Putin, I'm tired of what he's doing with the former Soviet Republics. He can't even keep his own puppet up, the Ukrainians revolted!

Do you have any proof of this bullshit you spout, or are you guessing? Let the relevant authorities investigate it, and then we can punish those who are responsible.

I think, as in in my opinion. Not a fact. Yes by all means let the relevant authorities investigate, but I can have an opinion can't I? Viktor Yanukovych was an unreasonable support of Russia and he was immensely corrupt while in office. Two think that, in my opinion, are connected.
Quotes:
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:
Lenciland wrote:No there is no Messiah only the Misoiah and that is the Greta One. Bombadil and I am his prophet.

Misoyah Heathens, there is only the one true Ass.
Lo, for his prophet Andy Kaufman came down from on high, to show the ways of the troll.

Karlsreich wrote:And on the fourth day, God created Saturn. And he liked it. So he put a ring on it.

C is for colonies. Rightly we boast. That of all the great nations. Great Britain has the most.
Lenciland & Saint Kitten, neighbors in Hell.
Cthulu be praised!!

Primordial Sardaukus
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Primordial Sardaukus » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:49 am

L Ron Cupboard wrote:
Primordial Sardaukus wrote:So who would've thought that they fly a passenger plane over an area that was CLEARLY having a crisis going on.

Any proof?
My nations (w/ pronunciation): Primordial Sardaukus, Xyaxaraz (see-yah-zah-raz), Zakrzew (zah-kur-zoo), Terameep, Zyraxovykionikkiaquassa (zee-rack-soh-vee-kee-yoh-nee-kee-yah-kwa-zah)

Tasmovova
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasmovova » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:49 am

L Ron Cupboard wrote:

It's the harsh truth, all they care about is fuel efficiency and saving money.
Last edited by Tasmovova on Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sdaeriji
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sdaeriji » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:50 am

Primordial Sardaukus wrote:
L Ron Cupboard wrote:

Any proof?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/ ... TU20140717
Farnhamia wrote:What part of the four-letter word "Rules" are you having trouble with?
Farnhamia wrote:four-letter word "Rules"

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:52 am

Verdo-Releignia wrote:Sum Ting Wong
Wi Tu Lo
Ho Lee Fuk
Bang Ding Ow

And you even edited it ... wow. *** 3 day ban *** due to your previous history. Not even in the least bit funny.

Primordial Sardaukus
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Primordial Sardaukus » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:52 am

I know that. But that was the only instance that I know where a plane flies over a war zone.

Burgera
Attaché

Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Burgera » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:52 am

I'd like to see Russia getting bombed back to the Stone Age, but this won't happen, as size is a major advantage. Unfortunately, only Russia is willing to escalate the conflict, unpredictable and brutal as it always has been. No one else would risk a conventional or even a nuclear war, except Putin, thinking he has nothing to lose.
Guns and burgers!

Davao and Mati
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Davao and Mati » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:53 am

This crash is barbaric because it killed a lot of people and i hope that the Pro Russian-rebels will receive their letter "K" because they lack conscience and heart
Last edited by Davao and Mati on Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pro-LGBT Rights,Higher Tax for the Rich,Controlled Capitalism,Rodrigo Duterte,NATO,Global Police, Absolute Democratic Diarchy,Anglicanism,Presbyterianism,Centre-left,Asian-Union,United Nations,LGBT people had a rights to gain any political position, Scottish Independence, Tibetan Independence, Puerto Rican Indepencence, ANZAC, Japan, United Korea(Under S. Korea rule),Ukranian Crimea, Civil & Human Rights,Neutrality,Execution

Neutral-Polygamy

Anti-Discrimination,Uncontrolled Capitalism,Racism and Racist politics,Russian Crimea,State Religion,Lower Taxes for the Rich,Corruption,Homophobia,Communism,Centre-right,Conservatism,Theocracy,Bureaucracy,Oppression,Vladimir Putin,Russia's anti-LGBT laws,Autocracy,Fascism

L Ron Cupboard
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby L Ron Cupboard » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:54 am

Primordial Sardaukus wrote:

I know that. But that was the only instance that I know where a plane flies over a war zone.

They fly over Afghanistan, they flew over Iraq during the Iraq conflict... all this has already been covered in this thread.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General