NATION

PASSWORD

Is America The Best Country In The World?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:38 pm

Calimera II wrote:
Roski wrote:
just stop. there is no point in continuing the flamebaiting

The definition of flamebaiting:
Flamebaiting: Posts that are made with the aim of angering someone indirectly. Not outright flame, but still liable to bring angry replies. Flame baiting is a far more subtle and covert action; it is an underhanded tactic that is designed to provoke a response from another player. It's in the same context of trolling but with flamebaiting it's just the one person.

So, no, you are wrong.

acknowledging it will go further against you then for you. SO please don't respond to it.
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Blakk Metal
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Blakk Metal » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:38 pm

Phosphorus pentoxide is a bitch.
-Arabiyah- wrote:
Roski wrote:لك، وتدعي أنها من الإسلام، ولكن هل الدعوة إلى مقتل آخرين. القرآن هو غاضب معك، وكيف يمكن أن تذهب ضد كل ما يؤمنون؟ كيف يمكن أن يخون الله!

We don't want war but when we are attacked you will face the Lions of Allah and we will defend our lands and our religion.

-Arabiyah-: "If you value your lives over your complete annihilation, listen carefully, Obama. Allah conquers and controls everything his loyal followers rest their eyes upon. He leads an army so massive, it shakes the ground with its march. So vast, it drinks the rivers dry. All Allah requires is this: A simple offering of earth and water, a token of America's submission to the will of Allah."
Me: "Submission. Now, that's a bit of a problem. See, rumor has it, the French have already turned you down. And if those cheese eaters and boy-lovers have found that kind of nerve, then..."
David Cameron: "...We must be diplomatic."
Me: "And, of course, Anglophones have their reputation to consider."
-Arabiyah-: "Choose your next words carefully, Obama. They may be your last as president."
*I draw M3 Submachine Gun*
-Arabiyah-: "Madman. You're a madman."
Me: "Earth and water. You'll find plenty of both down there."
-Arabiyah-: "No infidel, Croatian or American, no infidel threatens a muslim."
Me: "You bring the crowns and heads of executed prisoners of war to my city steps. You insult my wife. You threaten my people with slavery and death. Oh, I've chosen my words carefully, terrorist. Perhaps you should have done the same."
-Arabiyah-: "This is blasphemy. This is madness!"
Me: "Madness?
THIS
IS
'MURICA!

Decius
Negotiator

Founded: May 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Decius » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:41 pm

Blakk Metal wrote:
Decius wrote:
Serbia was eliminated early on and no longer existed until after WW2.

serbija was ruler of jugoslavs, jugoslavija had same king as serbija, serbija was largest ethnicity of jugoslavija. serbija liberate jugoslavija from ebil nazi-alien empire. serbia greattst countrey.

Nein you are just insane
"My enemies are many, My equals are none."
-Napoleon Bonaparte, First Emperor of France

"Our enemies are many, Our equals are none."
-Motto of the Glorious Fourth German Reich of Decius

LONG LIVE THE FOURTH REICH! HEIL TO THE KAISER!

Elemental North
Senator

Founded: Aug 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:41 pm

This is my thread, an I'm literally 3 seconds from demanding the mods shut it down.

Cool it down a little guys. :)
Last edited by Elemental North on Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

Calimera II
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 03, 2013

Postby Calimera II » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:41 pm

Roski wrote:
Calimera II wrote:
The definition of flamebaiting:
Flamebaiting: Posts that are made with the aim of angering someone indirectly. Not outright flame, but still liable to bring angry replies. Flame baiting is a far more subtle and covert action; it is an underhanded tactic that is designed to provoke a response from another player. It's in the same context of trolling but with flamebaiting it's just the one person.

So, no, you are wrong.

acknowledging it will go further against you then for you. SO please don't respond to it.

Would you mind if I ignore this, thanks for your advice but I was certainly not flamebaiting and you know that. Thanks.

Blakk Metal
Negotiator

Postby Blakk Metal » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:43 pm

Elemental North wrote:This is my thread, an I'm literally 3 seconds from demanding the mods shut it down.

You are not allowed to use the mods as weapon.

Antarticaria
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Antarticaria » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:43 pm

Elemental North wrote:This is my thread, an I'm literally 3 seconds from demanding the mods shut it down.

I believe it may come to that point. Sadly. This could of worked out to be a comedic or serious philosophical debate on 'best' and national ratings. Perhaps one day in the future threads like these may roam the wild web. Untouched by the morally decayed members of society. :(
Just a average person! Is that too straight forward?

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:44 pm

Between the signature and the one-day ban from earlier this week, enjoy your *** seven day ban ***. Your future on this site is currently under review.
Last edited by Kryozerkia on Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Elemental North
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:44 pm

Blakk Metal wrote:

You are not allowed to use the mods as weapon.

Wasn't threatening to use them as a weapon. I was just saying I'm thinking of asking them to shut this thread down.

The second request was in no way connected to the first statement. The first statement was just me thinking out loud.

Sorry for the confusion. :)
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

Elemental North
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:47 pm

Kryozerkia wrote:

Between the signature and the one-day ban from earlier this week, enjoy your *** seven day ban ***. Your future on this site is currently under review.

I was just wondering if posting your ruling like, *** seven day ban *** , was like standard with you guys, alot of you do it this way, and I was just wondering if it was a rule.
Last edited by Elemental North on Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

Men Empire
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Men Empire » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:48 pm

That depends on the subject.İn terms of military technology, i think the US is the best nation on the world (i am not in the US by the way).Which other nation has working railguns aboard some of their ships and dont forget the laser they use to shoot down missiles (it was mounted on an aircraft's nose as i can recall).

Skappola
Minister

Founded: May 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Skappola » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:51 pm

Men Empire wrote:That depends on the subject.İn terms of military technology, i think the US is the best nation on the world (i am not in the US by the way).Which other nation has working railguns aboard some of their ships and dont forget the laser they use to shoot down missiles (it was mounted on an aircraft's nose as i can recall).

The US also developed a weapon which could literally rupture your eyes Using Sound
http://science.howstuffworks.com/lrad.htm

Along with spending more than all of the next ten nations combined, I don't think anyone can really argue that the US isn't best militarily.
Last edited by Skappola on Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Political Compass: Economic: 1.63 Social: -6.72
Political Ideology: Neoliberal Civil Libertarian
I Enjoy: Blues, Paradox Games and Sci-fi

Blakk Metal
Negotiator

Postby Blakk Metal » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:54 pm

Skappola wrote:
Men Empire wrote:That depends on the subject.İn terms of military technology, i think the US is the best nation on the world (i am not in the US by the way).Which other nation has working railguns aboard some of their ships and dont forget the laser they use to shoot down missiles (it was mounted on an aircraft's nose as i can recall).

The US also developed a weapon which could literally rupture your eyes Using Sound

Along with spending more than all of the next ten nations combined, I don't think anyone can really argue that the US isn't best militarily.

srbija army best army. artillery is led by god.

FutureAmerica
Diplomat

Founded: May 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Best country to live in?

Postby FutureAmerica » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:54 pm

If the question is the best country to live in, then the answer is a huge no!
I am an American that has traveled the world.
These countries are much better to live in. No particular order.

Australia
New Zealand
Netherlands
Canada
Belgium
Germany
Switzerland
Denmark

The average middle income person in the United States lives with a lower standard of living now than these countries.

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:54 pm

Oh? You're going to "demand" that we do something? *** Warned for mods-as-weapons. ***
Elemental North wrote:I was just wondering if posting your ruling like, *** seven day ban *** , was like standard with you guys, alot of you do it this way, and I was just wondering if it was a rule.

It's based on whether the person has prior history. Also... do NOT use the mod "warn" tag.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

TriStates
Senator

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:54 pm

Skappola wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5Y5-Zw5TW0
The future of defence ^
Vytautas wrote:There are two kinds of people in this world:
* people giving a fuck,
* people not giving a fuck,
Drink Vytautas, give a NEGATIVE FUCK!
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:
TriStates wrote::( I don't like change...

It's coarse and dry and gets everywhere. :p

But I do get what you mean.
My Past Adventures: After World

Antarticaria
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Antarticaria » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:55 pm

Kryozerkia wrote:It's based on whether the person has prior history. Also... do NOT use the mod "warn" tag.

You have been on a serious roll today :blink:
Just a average person! Is that too straight forward?

Skappola
Minister

Founded: May 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Skappola » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:58 pm

TriStates wrote:
Skappola wrote:The US also developed a weapon which could literally rupture your eyes Using Sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5Y5-Zw5TW0
The future of defence ^

And this is why I'm glad I live in USA and not in a nation that is an enemy of USA.
Last edited by Skappola on Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Political Compass: Economic: 1.63 Social: -6.72
Political Ideology: Neoliberal Civil Libertarian
I Enjoy: Blues, Paradox Games and Sci-fi

Decius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Decius » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:13 pm

Blakk Metal wrote:
Skappola wrote:The US also developed a weapon which could literally rupture your eyes Using Sound

srbija army best army. artillery is led by god.

Serbia has the worst army. Except for maybe Luxembourg.

Also cant the rest of you just settle with the obvious answer that the United States is not the best country in the world.

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:14 pm

Decius wrote:
Blakk Metal wrote:srbija army best army. artillery is led by god.

Also cant the rest of you just settle with the obvious answer that the United States is not the best country in the world.

Could you... maybe... provide evidence?
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Decius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Decius » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:23 pm

Roski wrote:
Decius wrote:

Ok. Could you provide evidence that it is the best

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:24 pm

Decius wrote:
Roski wrote:

That's not what I said.
Provide evidence for your argument.

Blakk Metal
Negotiator

Postby Blakk Metal » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:30 pm

Decius wrote:
Blakk Metal wrote:srbija army best army. artillery is led by god.

serbia has greattst army...glorious serbijn army rmove kebab, wurst, and comunion cracker, us army make kebab out of little girls, .serbia greattst countrey with greattst artillry...i pity kebab, srbijan shells is lead by ong true orthodox god hand .where we send it, our shell hit it,, wi yuor steath fighter ,,,that's wht you get for being pope pawn, not of orthodox tta's why you kill many kebabs in guf war no damage, but nout un serb water treatment pants

of course , serbia greattst countrey

TriStates
Senator

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:42 pm

Decius wrote:
Roski wrote:

A few reasons of the top of my head and in no particular order:

Timeline of America

Won a War of Independence (And have kept it for over 200 years)

Fought Imperial Britian again. Won again.

Had only one Civil War in its history. And won that.

Saved Phillipines & Cuba from Imperial Spain

Saved Britian, Saved Surrendered-Italy from Germany, Saved The Low-Lands from Germany, Saved France twice from the Germans (We now see this was a mistake )

Beat up Bad Germany, nursed it back to health, and declared it Good Germany

Saved the Jews and gave them a home in ancestral lands. (Continues to support to this day)

Saved the Good Western Germany from the Russki's. Provided Western Germany with the ability to be democratic.

Saved Good Korea, from Bad Commie Korea. (Continues to do so to this day)

Blew up Evil Japan, flexing American nuclear muscles

Fixed Japan, and declared it Good.

Stared down Commie Cuba & Red Russki's during '63. Prevented Nuclear Conflict.

Supported Good South 'Nam, against Bad Commie 'Nam. (Lost conflict due to American Youth pussifcation inability to apperciate a neccesary war)

Land on Moon. Proceed to play golf on the Moon. Took pictures, collected Moon rocks. Came back from Space Vacation.

Did not freak out and did not obiliterate Iran when they took American hostages. Instead, acted like an adult, and called the CIA.

Soviet Union Russki on edge of collapse thanks to America, leading to Regular Russki-nation of today (Not much difference really)

Spawned the likes of Steve Jobs, Jay Leno, 2Chains, Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash, John Wayne & Bill Gates, providing the world with a door to the future.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And what does this teach us? America is capable of mistakes. And we make a lot. But we also do a damn lot of good. And when it comes to a Good and Bad scale, America has evened it out to be on top of the nation pile. Thats why, we are the best.
Last edited by TriStates on Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Vytautas wrote:There are two kinds of people in this world:
* people giving a fuck,
* people not giving a fuck,
Drink Vytautas, give a NEGATIVE FUCK!
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:
TriStates wrote::( I don't like change...

It's coarse and dry and gets everywhere. :p

But I do get what you mean.
My Past Adventures: After World

Assorted Sucrose-Based Lifeforms
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 14, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Assorted Sucrose-Based Lifeforms » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:53 pm

Kryozerkia wrote:

Oh thank goodness. I was hunting another one of his Region, and I'm beginning to wonder whether or not they actually represent the real-life ISIS with the crap they've been posting.
Last edited by Assorted Sucrose-Based Lifeforms on Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

USER WAS REDACTED FOR THIS POST
True Neutral
Score: +27.8% Good, +5.1% Chaotic
Link to alignment test
For: Better RP, Gratuitous Swearing, Nederland, Metric System, Secularism, Equal Rights for All, Science, UK, EU, NATO, Royal Navy, Sensible Gun-control, Pro-Choice, DEAT Everyone 2016
Neutral: Ukraine, Israel, China
Against: Imperial Measurement System, Putin, DPRK, Religious Extremism, SJWs, Pseudoscience, Creationism, Sectarianism, Prejudice, Censorship of Legitimate Criticism, Inherited Guilt
(average of 3)
Economic Left/Right: -4.413
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.333

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General