NATION

PASSWORD

Israel / Gaza / Hamas Mega-Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:41 pm

Parti Ouvrier wrote:
Herskerstad wrote:
I did not know IS stood for 'Israeli State' then.

Still, a one state solution for the middle east to be run by Israel would improve things dramatically, admittedly.

Overlooking the right to self determination aren't we. Not that I would simply advocate a one state solution for Palestine [only] either and nor would the writer of this article.
https://kanaanonline.org//articles/01592.pdf

Well, the regions generally overlook civil rights of various stripes, religious rights, minority rights, general suffrage and very often they are good at overlooking the rights of self determination themselves as the current grand middle eastern conflict proves.

And yes, obviously it was a hyperbole, but it does not change the fact that the whole region is an unstable mess with only one gem which happens to be Israel.
Although the stars do not speak, even in being silent they cry out. - John Calvin

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:18 pm

Herskerstad wrote:And yes, obviously it was a hyperbole, but it does not change the fact that the whole region is an unstable mess with only one gem which happens to be Israel.

Except Israel gets a legion of people making excuses for it when it behaves exactly like every other country in the region.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:59 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Herskerstad wrote:And yes, obviously it was a hyperbole, but it does not change the fact that the whole region is an unstable mess with only one gem which happens to be Israel.

Except Israel gets a legion of people making excuses for it when it behaves exactly like every other country in the region.

But it gets a whole legion more of condemnations for being far superb in conduct as compared to any nations in the region. There was not exactly a great civil outcry when Sudan were slaughtering people several tens of times worse, and what casual person cares to go beyond a yawn when Sadam Hussein were using WMD's on his own citizens, or any number of other conflicts in the region. Maybe a twitter campaign here and a news note there even if it is wholesales butchering, or for that reason when middle eastern nations expelled jews en masse in protest of Israel, many of them Israeli's now incidentally. Where is their right of return and reimbursement campaigns? No one even really gave a shit when Egypt occupied the gaza strip, and where they had neither citizenship nor basic human rights, but I guess that's just the middle east being the middle east, whereas when Israel goes in to quell down the violence from a region with eternal funding from paragons of virtue such as Iran and Saudi Arabia and fights a foe who values a tweet of a dead kid more than the lives at an entire school, and has formed a death-cult of a political party which gains a large amount of support from even the citizens. And Israel investing billions into high precision weaponry to limit casualties despite the human shield tactics where they get no courtesy from Hamas which would blow up Tel Aviv tomorrow if they could, Then yes, Israel must be post-colonial occupiers because some people don't have the observational capacity to go beyond ' But muh brown ppl' and it does not matter that most of the other regions nearby are unstable, despotic hellholes to one degree or another. If north korea would have been the size of Palestinian territories, there would have been no more north korea today. If Pakistan had been the same size as those territores, there would be no Pakistan today, and Israel, if it wanted to, could ensure there would be no Palestine tomorrow, and it has had the power to do so for over four decades facing only the enmity of nations which has sworn it from the start, it has many times invited to peace which has been routinely rejected from the Palestinian right, left and center. All because of some words from a Bedouin caravan raider 1400 years back. Yeah, the day Israel behaves like the rest of the middle east, is the day they destroy Palestine and go on to permanently conquer the Levant, put laws to have women restricted to something between a person and cattle and forcefully extradites the ever growing minorities in their nation.
Last edited by Herskerstad on Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Although the stars do not speak, even in being silent they cry out. - John Calvin

Murkwood
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Murkwood » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:25 pm

Dragomerian Islands wrote:
Skappola wrote:Israel just announced that's it will seize 400 acres in West Bank:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd1JvGC ... 0OQlHhkgfz

I made a map to help the Israelis know what land belongs to them:
RED=Israel
BLUE=NOT ISRAEL

The Arabs didn't seem to think so in 1948, 1967, or 1973.
Last edited by Murkwood on Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Degenerate Heart of HetRio wrote:Murkwood, I'm surprised you're not an anti-Semite and don't mind most LGBT rights because boy, aren't you a constellation of the worst opinions to have about everything? o_o

Benuty wrote:I suppose Ken Ham, and the league of Republican-Neocolonialist-Zionist Catholics will not be pleased.

Soldati senza confini wrote:Did I just try to rationalize Murkwood's logic? Please shoot me.

Catholicism has the fullness of the splendor of truth: The Bible and the Church Fathers agree!

Dragomerian Islands
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomerian Islands » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:57 pm

Murkwood wrote:
Dragomerian Islands wrote:I made a map to help the Israelis know what land belongs to them:
RED=Israel
BLUE=NOT ISRAEL

The Arabs didn't seem to think so in 1948, 1967, or 1973.

This is NOW not then
Proud Member of the following Alliances:
International Space Agency
IATA
:Member of the United National Group:
INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE SYSTEM FOUNDER
WAR LEVEL
[]Total War
[]War Declared
[]Conflict
[]Increased Readiness
[x]Peacetime
IMPORTANT NEWS:

None

Tmutarakhan
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 06, 2007
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tmutarakhan » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:36 pm

Gauthier wrote:

Not "exactly". Syria kills more civilians in an average month than the entire Israel/Palestine conflict over the past century.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel, a comedy to those who think, and a musical to those who sing.

I am the very model of a Nation States General,
I am a holy terror to apologists Confederal,
When called upon to source a line, I give citations textual,
And argue about Palestine, and marriage homosexual!

A KNIGHT ON KARINZISTAN'S SPECIAL LIST OF POOPHEADS!

Tmutarakhan
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 06, 2007
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tmutarakhan » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:37 pm

Murkwood wrote:The Arabs didn't seem to think so in 1948, 1967, or 1973.

This is NOW not then

And is the Arab attitude any different now than it was then? Among many of the West Bankers, I am hopeful that this is the case; the Gazan leadership is still stuck in the 1930's, although it is hard to tell what the Gazans under their rule think now.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel, a comedy to those who think, and a musical to those who sing.

I am the very model of a Nation States General,
I am a holy terror to apologists Confederal,
When called upon to source a line, I give citations textual,
And argue about Palestine, and marriage homosexual!

A KNIGHT ON KARINZISTAN'S SPECIAL LIST OF POOPHEADS!

Murkwood
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Murkwood » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:09 am

This is NOW not then

But how has Arab attitudes towards Israel really changed?
Degenerate Heart of HetRio wrote:Murkwood, I'm surprised you're not an anti-Semite and don't mind most LGBT rights because boy, aren't you a constellation of the worst opinions to have about everything? o_o

Benuty wrote:I suppose Ken Ham, and the league of Republican-Neocolonialist-Zionist Catholics will not be pleased.

Soldati senza confini wrote:Did I just try to rationalize Murkwood's logic? Please shoot me.

Catholicism has the fullness of the splendor of truth: The Bible and the Church Fathers agree!

The Jonathanian States
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Jonathanian States » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:34 am

Skappola wrote:Israel just announced that's it will seize 400 acres in West Bank:

RED=Israel
BLUE=NOT ISRAEL

Now, I'm an advocate of a Two State Solution for Israel and Gaza/West-Bank, but the Golan Heights will stay where they are, because it's either that or Assad(And by extension his Syria, which still is at war with Israel, having an open road down south). And really, I'll take Israel in the Golan over Assad up there, every day. And by the way, IIRC, in addition to the jewish populace, at least some of the Druze populace there consider themselves Israelis.
Returned Nationstater -- You can leave Nationstates but Nationstates won't leave you.
Call me Jon, John, or Johnny, Jonathan or Jonnyboy, tJS and Jonathanian, with "states" or without.
This nation doesn't really represent my views and sarcasm is awesome.

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:58 am

Murkwood wrote:
Dragomerian Islands wrote:This is NOW not then

But how has Arab attitudes towards Israel really changed?

Several Arab countries that had previously been hostile towards Israel now recognize its right to exist.

Murkwood
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Murkwood » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:01 am

Merizoc wrote:
Murkwood wrote:But how has Arab attitudes towards Israel really changed?

Several Arab countries that had previously been hostile towards Israel now recognize its right to exist.

And by several you mean two, Egypt and Jordan, right? The only reason they do is because Israel destroyed them in war.

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:03 am

Murkwood wrote:
Merizoc wrote:Several Arab countries that had previously been hostile towards Israel now recognize its right to exist.

And by several you mean two, Egypt and Jordan, right? The only reason they do is because Israel destroyed them in war.

Well, not sure about Jordan, but Egypt did it because of the Camp David Accords.

Murkwood
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Murkwood » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:04 am

Merizoc wrote:
Murkwood wrote:And by several you mean two, Egypt and Jordan, right? The only reason they do is because Israel destroyed them in war.

Well, not sure about Jordan, but Egypt did it because of the Camp David Accords.

That's only two. Hardly several.

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:09 am

Murkwood wrote:
Merizoc wrote:Well, not sure about Jordan, but Egypt did it because of the Camp David Accords.

True, and it's unfortunately not enough. But still, it's progress. Especially considering Israel isn't being invaded anymore.

To Quoc Duc
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby To Quoc Duc » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:10 am

And the Camp David Accords were a direct result of Egypt's recognition that it would never again be capable of fighting Israel, and only did it to begin with as a compromise to get the Sinai back. Why they wanted it to begin with, I'll never fully understand.
The Republic of Tổ Quốc Đức

The United Colonies of Earth wrote:I prefer To Quoc Duc to willful ignorance any day!

Angleter
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Angleter » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:18 am

RED=Israel
BLUE=NOT ISRAEL

Ah, yes. The problems with this conflict is that there's not enough maps, and not enough oversimplifications.
[align=center]"I gotta tell you, this is just crazy, huh! This is just nuts, OK! Jeezo man."

Angleter
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Angleter » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:43 am

Merizoc wrote:
Murkwood wrote:And by several you mean two, Egypt and Jordan, right? The only reason they do is because Israel destroyed them in war.

Jordan wants to prop itself up. Making peace with Israel, for one, obviously struck 'war with Israel' from the long list of threats to the Hashemites' survival - granted, neither Israel nor Jordan were about to go to war with the other, but Jordan had been essentially press-ganged into such a war in the past (1967). Moreover, it proved that Jordan was a loyal American ally. Jordan had, as recently as 1987, been actively pursuing its claim to the West Bank, but US foreign policy had swung decisively behind the establishment of an independent PLO state there, to the extent that Washington basically saved Arafat's arse twice - in 1982 and 1991. So though Jordan had renounced its claim to the West Bank in 1988, the peace treaty set in stone that Jordan was a fully-paid up supporter of the American-led peace process (although it's still sceptical about the idea of a PLO or Muslim Brotherhood/Hamas state on its borders), wasn't about to go rogue and sweep the PLO out of the West Bank (or the Jews out of Israel), and was more than worthy of vast quantities of American arms. And finally, it allowed Jordan to cut any ties to Palestine or Palestinians, thus pleasing any restless East Bank Bedouins, weakening the internal threat from the PLO or the MB/Hamas, and allowing it to further restrict the civil and political rights of its Palestinian-descended majority (in turn again, weakening the PLO and MB threats).
[align=center]"I gotta tell you, this is just crazy, huh! This is just nuts, OK! Jeezo man."

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:42 pm

Murkwood wrote:
Merizoc wrote:Well, not sure about Jordan, but Egypt did it because of the Camp David Accords.

Clearly none of it counts until they ALL bow before Israel. *nod nod*
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.

Zelacraux
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Zelacraux » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:47 pm

How about America stops sending weapons to Israel, Israel backs off Gaza and the UN deals with it once more cause Israel needs some serious calming down.
America can probably stop Israel's bombings by talking it out and STOP sending weapons yeah.

Dragomerian Islands
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomerian Islands » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:49 pm

Zelacraux wrote:How about America stops sending weapons to Israel, Israel backs off Gaza and the UN deals with it once more cause Israel needs some serious calming down.
America can probably stop Israel's bombings by talking it out and STOP sending weapons yeah.

I say, we build a 50 meter tall wall around Israel (excluding their stolen possessions) and have weapons fire at anyone coming out, so that they know what it feels like, as they did a similar thing to the West Bank and Gaza.
Proud Member of the following Alliances:
International Space Agency
IATA
:Member of the United National Group:
INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE SYSTEM FOUNDER
WAR LEVEL
[]Total War
[]War Declared
[]Conflict
[]Increased Readiness
[x]Peacetime
IMPORTANT NEWS:

None

Zelacraux
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Zelacraux » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:59 pm

Zelacraux wrote:How about America stops sending weapons to Israel, Israel backs off Gaza and the UN deals with it once more cause Israel needs some serious calming down.

I say, we build a 50 meter tall wall around Israel (excluding their stolen possessions) and have weapons fire at anyone coming out, so that they know what it feels like, as they did a similar thing to the West Bank and Gaza.

That's really interesting and a HUGE change. The wall thing just gave me an idea. Just have Israel excluded like North Korea. No bothering Israel while Israel doesn't bother anyone else. But there are Israelis in there who are peaceful and wish none of that happened so they are free to leave.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:06 pm

And then the Nazi comparisons start flying for the umpteenth time, as with anything that doesn't give Israel a blowjob and a tickle.

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:10 pm

How about Gaza stops fucking firing Rockets at Israel so that both countries can go on with their lives.
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Calimera II
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 03, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Calimera II » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:42 pm

This is NOW not then

It is called a buffer. Needed for national security reasons.

Murkwood
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Murkwood » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:14 pm

Calimera II wrote:
Dragomerian Islands wrote:This is NOW not then

It is called a buffer. Needed for national security reasons.

Israel doesn't need security, duh. All they need to do is give up Palestine and the Arabs will be happy, right?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General