NATION

PASSWORD

I have the right to use government land (now with slavery!)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who's right in this whole debacle

The BLM "Bureau of Land Manegment" i.e. the government
66%
The Nevada Rancher
18%
Half & Half
7%
Neither
9%

Total votes : 398

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:01 pm

Shaggai wrote:
Gig em Aggies wrote:What if we used his own tactic against him. By which we have stuff owned by the federal government use his land Without paying fees and then when he demand we move we gather armed pro government supporters and have them point guns at his head figuratively and see if he likes being treated that way.

That would be stupid, because it would be illegal. The whole point of the government is not to do illegal things.

But what he's doing is also illegal, but it will teach him a lesson.
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:03 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:
Shaggai wrote:That would be stupid, because it would be illegal. The whole point of the government is not to do illegal things.

But what he's doing is also illegal, but it will teach him a lesson.

"Eric let his dog poop in Robert's yard, therefore Robert is right to steal Eric's car."
Only here when I'm VERY VERY VERY bored now.
(Trump is Reagan 2.0: A nationalistic bimbo who will ruin America.)
Death Metal: A nation founded on the most powerful force in the world: METAL! \m/
A non-idealist centre-leftist

Alts: Ronpaulatia, Bisonopolis, Iga, Gygaxia, The Children of Skyrim, Tinfoil Fedoras

Pro: Civil Equality, Scaled Income Taxes, Centralized Govtt, Moderate Business Regulations, Heavy Metal
Con: Censorship in any medium, Sales Tax, Flat Tax, Small Govt, Overly Large Govt, Laissez Faire, AutoTuner.

I support Obama. And so would FA Hayek.

34 arguments Libertarians (and sometimes AnCaps) make, and why they are wrong.

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:06 pm

Death Metal wrote:
Gig em Aggies wrote:But what he's doing is also illegal, but it will teach him a lesson.

"Eric let his dog poop in Robert's yard, therefore Robert is right to steal Eric's car."

Not the same Bundy is use federal land illegally and without paying the appropriate fees for using said land. And Bundy is demanding government equipment and people be removed from lands he does not own.
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:13 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:
Death Metal wrote:

Not the same Bundy is use federal land illegally and without paying the appropriate fees for using said land. And Bundy is demanding government equipment and people be removed from lands he does not own.

You can't just seize control of his assets without due process though.
Death Metal: A nation founded on the most powerful force in the world: METAL! \m/

Alts: Ronpaulatia, Bisonopolis, Iga, Gygaxia, The Children of Skyrim, Tinfoil Fedoras

Pro: Civil Equality, Scaled Income Taxes, Centralized Govtt, Moderate Business Regulations, Heavy Metal
Con: Censorship in any medium, Sales Tax, Flat Tax, Small Govt, Overly Large Govt, Laissez Faire, AutoTuner.

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:38 pm

Death Metal wrote:
Gig em Aggies wrote:Not the same Bundy is use federal land illegally and without paying the appropriate fees for using said land. And Bundy is demanding government equipment and people be removed from lands he does not own.

Does it look like Bundy cares about due process himself. So what your saying is that the government should continue to give court orders that Bundy will not follow. It's past court orders now since he brought armed wackos into his temper tantrum. Okay if that don't work the have the IRS put a lean on his earnings if he refuses to or don't pay up then they can repossess it for non payment.

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:39 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:
Death Metal wrote:

Does it look like Bundy cares about due process himself. So what your saying is that the government should continue to give court orders that Bundy will not follow.

No, I'm saying you lose the moral ground when you stoop to their level.

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:42 pm

Death Metal wrote:
Gig em Aggies wrote:Does it look like Bundy cares about due process himself. So what your saying is that the government should continue to give court orders that Bundy will not follow.

No, I'm saying you lose the moral ground when you stoop to their level.

Don't worry when Bundy threatened to severely harm government officers he moved to stoop at a new level which is now lower, so the government still wouldn't be at his level yet.

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Tekania » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:57 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:
Death Metal wrote:

Does it look like Bundy cares about due process himself. So what your saying is that the government should continue to give court orders that Bundy will not follow. It's past court orders now since he brought armed wackos into his temper tantrum. Okay if that don't work the have the IRS put a lean on his earnings if he refuses to or don't pay up then they can repossess it for non payment.

IRS would not be involved in this. However liens could be imposed...... The Feds have enough now as it is to likely get enough liability on him to pretty much necessitate him selling his ranch to satisfy it, and pretty much make the transaction of business impossible for him. Little need for guns in this case when accountants can do more harm.
Such heroic nonsense!

The Re-Frisivisiaing
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Re-Frisivisiaing » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:57 pm

The right loves Bundy because he's the real-life John Galt they've been dreaming about the whole time.
Yes, yes, I'm the Impeach, Ban, Legalize 2017 guy. Stop running my thing into the ground. It eats my life-force.

Frisivisia, justly deleted, 4/14/14.

The Re-Frisivisiaing
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Re-Frisivisiaing » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:58 pm

Death Metal wrote:
Gig em Aggies wrote:Not the same Bundy is use federal land illegally and without paying the appropriate fees for using said land. And Bundy is demanding government equipment and people be removed from lands he does not own.

Then it's great that there's been due process.
Yes, yes, I'm the Impeach, Ban, Legalize 2017 guy. Stop running my thing into the ground. It eats my life-force.

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tekania » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:04 pm

The Re-Frisivisiaing wrote:The right loves Bundy because he's the real-life John Galt they've been dreaming about the whole time.

A teenage genius with double majors in philosophy and physics who invents a perpetual motion machine?

I agree, insane.... just like Bundy.
Such heroic nonsense!

The Re-Frisivisiaing
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Re-Frisivisiaing » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:20 pm

Tekania wrote:
The Re-Frisivisiaing wrote:The right loves Bundy because he's the real-life John Galt they've been dreaming about the whole time.

A teenage genius with double majors in philosophy and physics who invents a perpetual motion machine?

I agree, insane.... just like Bundy.

A rich, persecuted capitalist who gives up on the government and lives outside of its laws. And a dick.

-The Unified Earth Governments-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:25 pm

Lets just have Hogan or someone take care of Bundy and call it a day already :/
FactbookHistoryColoniesEmbassy Program V.IIUNSC Navy (WIP)InfantryAmmo Mods
/// A.N.N. \\\
News - 10/27/2558: Deglassing of Reach is going smoother than expected. | First prototype laser rifle is beginning experimentation. | The Sangheili Civil War is officially over, Arbiter Thel'Vadam and his Swords of Sanghelios have successfully eliminated remaining Covenant cells on Sanghelios. | President Ruth Charet to hold press meeting within the hour on the end of the Sangheili Civil War. | The Citadel Council official introduces the Unggoy as a member of the Citadel.

The Most Important Issue Result - "Robosexual marriages are increasingly common."

Murkwood
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Murkwood » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:39 pm

I hate folks like this. Gives Rightists a bad name.

Here's something that's puzzling me. Why are Liberals (rightfully so) piling on on the Bundy protesters, while they were silent or supportive of OWS? OWS broke more laws and caused more damage.
Degenerate Heart of HetRio wrote:Murkwood, I'm surprised you're not an anti-Semite and don't mind most LGBT rights because boy, aren't you a constellation of the worst opinions to have about everything? o_o

Benuty wrote:I suppose Ken Ham, and the league of Republican-Neocolonialist-Zionist Catholics will not be pleased.

Soldati senza confini wrote:Did I just try to rationalize Murkwood's logic? Please shoot me.

Catholicism has the fullness of the splendor of truth: The Bible and the Church Fathers agree!

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:45 pm

Murkwood wrote:I hate folks like this. Gives Rightists a bad name.

Here's something that's puzzling me. Why are Liberals (rightfully so) piling on on the Bundy protesters, while they were silent or supportive of OWS? OWS broke more laws and caused more damage.

Here we go!

I got to ask though, my memory was foggy because of how unsuccessful it was but, I don't recall OWS protestors bringing fire arms to their protest.
/// A.N.N. \\\
News - 10/27/2558: Deglassing of Reach is going smoother than expected. | First prototype laser rifle is beginning experimentation. | The Sangheili Civil War is officially over, Arbiter Thel'Vadam and his Swords of Sanghelios have successfully eliminated remaining Covenant cells on Sanghelios. | President Ruth Charet to hold press meeting within the hour on the end of the Sangheili Civil War. | The Citadel Council official introduces the Unggoy as a member of the Citadel.

The Most Important Issue Result - "Robosexual marriages are increasingly common."

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:51 pm

-The Unified Earth Governments- wrote:

Here we go!

I got to ask though, my memory was foggy because of how unsuccessful it was but, I don't recall OWS protestors bringing fire arms to their protest.

If they did the entire right wing sure wouldn't be calling them 'patriots'.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:54 pm

Gauthier wrote:
-The Unified Earth Governments- wrote:Here we go!

True that
/// A.N.N. \\\

Murkwood
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Murkwood » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:59 pm

Gauthier wrote:

"entire right wing"? Not so! Sen. Jim Inhofe of Oklahoma said, “You’ve got a bunch of people there trying to take the law into their own hands and they shouldn’t be doing that. And the Bureau of Land Management is not government-owned, it’s publicly owned. There’s a big difference there. I blame both sides.”
Degenerate Heart of HetRio wrote:Murkwood, I'm surprised you're not an anti-Semite and don't mind most LGBT rights because boy, aren't you a constellation of the worst opinions to have about everything? o_o

Benuty wrote:I suppose Ken Ham, and the league of Republican-Neocolonialist-Zionist Catholics will not be pleased.

Soldati senza confini wrote:Did I just try to rationalize Murkwood's logic? Please shoot me.

Catholicism has the fullness of the splendor of truth: The Bible and the Church Fathers agree!

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tekania » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:12 pm

Murkwood wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

"entire right wing"? Not so! Sen. Jim Inhofe of Oklahoma said, “You’ve got a bunch of people there trying to take the law into their own hands and they shouldn’t be doing that. And the Bureau of Land Management is not government-owned, it’s publicly owned. There’s a big difference there. I blame both sides.”

Unfortunately. he's got errors in and of himself. the BLM is an administrative sub-component of the US Department of the Interior..... it's not a corporation, it's not "publicly owned". It's a Regulatory enforcement agency, like the SEC, EPA, etc.
Such heroic nonsense!

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:29 pm

Here's something that's puzzling me. Why are Liberals (rightfully so) piling on on the Bundy protesters, while they were silent or supportive of OWS?[0][1] OWS broke more laws and caused more damage[2].

0) I found OWS to be a joke myself. "Let's protest corporatism! Don't forget we need a place to recharge our iCrap!" Also: "We'll air our demands after we figure out what exactly our demands are"
1) Partly because it was a nonviolent protest, compared to the holding-back-government-agents-armed-with-tasers-at-gunpoint protests of the Bundy cronies; also, wasn't the original OWS on public property?
2) [citation needed]
Last edited by Death Metal on Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United Dependencies
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United Dependencies » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:35 pm

Gauthier wrote:

That's not entirely fair, Glenn Beck is opposed to Bundy's actions.
Alien Space Bats wrote:2012: The Year We Lost Contact (with Reality).

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Obamacult wrote:Maybe there is an economically sound and rational reason why there are no longer high paying jobs for qualified accountants, assembly line workers, glass blowers, blacksmiths, tanners, etc.

Maybe dragons took their jobs. Maybe unicorns only hid their jobs because unicorns are dicks. Maybe 'jobs' is only an illusion created by a drug addled infant pachyderm. Fuck dude, if we're in 'maybe' land, don't hold back.

This is Nationstates we're here to help

Are you a native or resident of North Carolina?

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:35 pm

When did OWS protesters threaten to kill any police that tried to stop them?
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:38 pm

United Dependencies wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

Glenn is starting to confuse me more and more, and just makes me believe that people are being lied to more and more.

The irrational part of me has the liberal alternative to those stupid conspiracy theories running about.
/// A.N.N. \\\

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:44 pm

United Dependencies wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

Like I said before, when Glenn Beck is calling you an ass, you're way too far deep into the Koch Kool-Aid (copyright 1984 Koch Industries)

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tekania » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:44 pm

"Liberals" were no more blanketly supporters OWS any more than "Conservatives" are blanketly supporters of Bundy.
Such heroic nonsense!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General