NATION

PASSWORD

Nation States Dollar

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Avoria (Ancient)
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Nation States Dollar

Postby Avoria (Ancient) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:27 pm

Hello Nation States, this is The People's Republic of Avoria and I have a question...

Is it just me, or do a lot of people wish to see what the largest national currency on Nation States, the Nation States Dollar (NSD$), looks like? I am trying to find a picture of one for a picture of all my national items (National Animal, Food, Currency, ect...) in a factbook, but I just can't seem to find one anywhere. Could someone please help find one for me? That would be great!

The Matthew Islands
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Matthew Islands » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:33 pm

The Nation states Dollar (NSD) isn't really a real currency in the game as such, its just a handy and standard way to allow nations to pay for things in GE&T.
Souseiseki wrote:as a posting career in the UK Poltics Thread becomes longer, the probability of literally becoming souseiseki approaches 1

Avoria (Ancient)
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Avoria (Ancient) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:44 pm

Oh, so its not a "real currency"....ok....that makes sense. So its kinda modeled after the Euro or the USD?

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:57 pm

Avoria wrote:Oh, so its not a "real currency"....ok....that makes sense. So its kinda modeled after the Euro or the USD?

No currency is a 'real' currency in NationStates, however to clarify within the world of NS the NSD serves as a reserve currency and is totally electronic, there being no banknotes and coins but of course a nation can certainly make NSD denominated banknotes. And it is kinda modeled after the Euro and the US Dollar in the sense that all three currencies are international reserve currencies.
A proud member of the Astyria region
Champion - Handball World Cups 14, 15, 16 | Runners-up - Handball World Cups 17, 18, 19

Avoria (Ancient)
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Avoria (Ancient) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:02 pm

Oh. So a reserve currency that is fully electronic...hmmm....interesting.

Osterlais
Envoy

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Osterlais » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:06 pm

I think the basic idea is that it has the same as real life USD. Sometimes people also use the term USD to mean universal standard dollar, which functions the same way. It is more of a unit of measurement than actual currency.

Return to Global Economics and Trade