NATION

PASSWORD

Philippines Discussion Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nusaresa
Minister

Founded: Aug 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nusaresa » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:23 am

Yugoslav Memes wrote:
The Gamindustrian Union wrote:I am scared.

I don't want the Philippines to be more allied with China than the United States.

Why is Rodrigo Duterte like this?

I am scared.

People still don't believe he is an android.

Why are people like this?

I'm scared.

I want a refund for Najib Razak.

Why.
The Republic of Nusaresa

A Southeast Asian getaway with long unbroken beaches, many historical sites, and a world class quality of life. Enjoy a pleasant dinner at the many restaurants, snorkeling at the pristine lagoon, or discover the Nusarese heritage through a tour of the country.

Nusaresa welcomes you.
Jochizyd Republic wrote:Death by honorable child soldier is less humiliating than death by Antifa activist.

confirmed yandere bishounen
Climate Change needs to stop being a partisan issue

The Posthuman Coalition
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Posthuman Coalition » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:59 am

I don't want the Philippines to be more allied with China than the United States.

WHY!? BECAUSE AMERICA IS TOO F*CKING MAINSTREAM!!!

Seriously, we're not American mouthpieces, but I'd rather side directly with Russia than China itself, coz Cheeki Breeki dudes are the 2nd most powerful military force in the world, not to mention quality vodka.
-- NOVVS HVMANITAE --
Tier 11, Level 0, Type 9

MANKIND HAS BECOME SEMPITERNAL

The Posthuman Coalition
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Posthuman Coalition » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:02 am

REST IN PEACE, OUR BELOVED SENATOR (1945-2016)

-- NOVVS HVMANITAE --
Tier 11, Level 0, Type 9

The Republic of Pantalleria
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:03 am

The news is so grim, I can't believe that if Santiago won, the new President would be Robredo by today.
May she rest in peace.
The Pantallerian Economy and Other Details

The Pantallerian Bureau of Tourism: Treading on maggots since we got our magnificent go go boots.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:08 am

The Posthuman Coalition wrote:

Seriously, we're not American mouthpieces, but I'd rather side directly with Russia than China itself, coz Cheeki Breeki dudes are the 2nd most powerful military force in the world, not to mention quality vodka.

You do realise that China AND Russia together still don't have a chance against America's military might right? I mean America still sends Russia aid money to ensure that Soviet era Russian nukes are properly stored and won't explode willy nilly due to lack of maintenance in some Russian silo somewhere.
Last edited by The Republic of Pantalleria on Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Pantallerian Bureau of Tourism: Treading on maggots since we got our magnificent go go boots.

Dahon
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dahon » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:27 am

Let's rather -- well -- what I really wanna say is -- well -- nope.
Authoritarianism kills all. Never forget that.

-5.5/-7.44

al-Ibramiyah (inactive; under research)
Moscareinas (inactive)
Trumpisslavia (inactive)
Dahon the Alternative (inactive; under research)
Our Heavenly Dwarf (Forum 7)

The Posthuman Coalition
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Posthuman Coalition » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:41 am

The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:

You do realise that China AND Russia together still don't have a chance against America's military might right? I mean America still sends Russia aid money to ensure that Soviet era Russian nukes are properly stored and won't explode willy nilly due to lack of maintenance in some Russian silo somewhere.

- I know, I recognize that, but at least their vodka is good.
-- NOVVS HVMANITAE --
Tier 11, Level 0, Type 9

Victoriala II
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Victoriala II » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:29 am

Rip in peace you rad ass lady

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:21 am

The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:You do realise that China AND Russia together still don't have a chance against America's military might right? I mean America still sends Russia aid money to ensure that Soviet era Russian nukes are properly stored and won't explode willy nilly due to lack of maintenance in some Russian silo somewhere.

- I know, I recognize that, but at least their vodka is good.

Yeah, so is the oil in Venezuela, what's your point?

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:41 am

Asigna wrote:We have to play by the rules of the game continuously if we want to win, or at least survive. Once we have grown enough, it will be possible for us to seize the initiative and change the rules of the game. Might makes right in this world. And if we want to be the one who is to be listened to, we have to secure might.

This ain't the 1900s, mate.

Victoriala II
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Victoriala II » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:09 am

Stormwrath wrote:
Asigna wrote:We have to play by the rules of the game continuously if we want to win, or at least survive. Once we have grown enough, it will be possible for us to seize the initiative and change the rules of the game. Might makes right in this world. And if we want to be the one who is to be listened to, we have to secure might.

This ain't the 1900s, mate.

Not when you're that guy

The Gamindustrian Union
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Gamindustrian Union » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:31 am

The Posthuman Coalition wrote:REST IN PEACE, OUR BELOVED SENATOR (1945-2016)

(Image)

RIP Miriam Defensor Santiago

Born: 15 June 1945
Died: 29 September 2016
THIS NATION USES A FEW NS STATS
This nation is Hyperdimension and Ultradimension in the Neptunia universe, where the nations decided to become a union à la European Union. This is set in MT, although the tech level is early PMT. What would you expect? It's Neptunia.
Do you even Nep, bro?
Embassy Programme (Open)

Kergstan
Diplomat

Founded: May 09, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kergstan » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:16 am

Condolences for the lost of Sen. Mariam defensor santiago she was a great stateswoman, to me, the best candidate on these presidentials.

Isyrannaea
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Isyrannaea » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:58 am

Please ignore my old posts.

Dahon
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dahon » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:59 am

Isyrannaea wrote:https://www.rt.com/news/361146-duterte-hitler-drugs-war/?utm_source=browser&utm_medium=aplication_chrome&utm_campaign=chrome

I love this guy.

Why?

-5.5/-7.44

Moscareinas (inactive)
Trumpisslavia (inactive)

Hastiaka
Minister

Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Hastiaka » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:01 am

Dahon wrote:
Isyrannaea wrote:https://www.rt.com/news/361146-duterte-hitler-drugs-war/?utm_source=browser&utm_medium=aplication_chrome&utm_campaign=chrome

I love this guy.

Why?

Because Duterte isn't that ''plastik'' politician ready to backstab you 24/7. Although... I don't really agree with him in the massacre part.

Isyrannaea
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Isyrannaea » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:02 am

Dahon wrote:

I love this guy.

Why?

He has a solution to the drug problem. And it's a good solution.
Please ignore my old posts.

Dahon
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dahon » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:22 am

Hastiaka wrote:Because Duterte isn't that ''plastik'' politician ready to backstab you 24/7. Although... I don't really agree with him in the massacre part.

Drug addiction by itself isn't a crime, and even if it were (and -- again -- it isn't -- alcohol is a drug, tobacco is a drug, coffee is a drug, et cetera), when you have boatloads of better, more humane options begging to be used by this state -- options that have worked -- genocide shouldn't be a first resort.

(I'm trying not to Godwin myself out of this thread, but seriously -- sHitler wanted to eliminate all those he thought were Jews as well as those who actually were practitioners of Judaism to save his country and his "race" from their putative perniciousness. He was wrong, wrong, and six million -- out of eleven million -- died all kinds of ways, gruesome, brutal, sickening.)

Isyrannaea wrote:He has a solution to the drug problem. And it's a good solution.

No, no it isn't. When you have the Americas and Africa and even our erstwhile ASEAN neighbors (especially Thailand under Shinawatra) killing as many they could and still failing to curb the appetites of those who only want to get high (and promoting the kind of otherwise preventable institutional distrust and disrespect), it's not even a bad solution. It's horrible, horrible.

-5.5/-7.44

Moscareinas (inactive)
Trumpisslavia (inactive)

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:32 am

So, when Duterte says that joint military exercises are to end (since China 'does not want them'), should we be taking him at his word?
I used to run an alliance, and a region. Not that it matters now.
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.
Zoboyizakoplayoklot wrote:Val: NS's resident mindless zombie
Planita wrote:you just set the OP on fire

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:58 am

Isyrannaea wrote:
Dahon wrote:
Why?

He has a solution to the drug problem. And it's a good solution.

He's also selling the Philippines to the illegal and illegitimate Chinese Government, what's your point?

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:00 am

Valaran wrote:So, when Duterte says that joint military exercises are to end (since China 'does not want them'), should we be taking him at his word?

Most likely, I hope not, but most likely.
In which case I'll try to instigate and influence a People Power Revolution to get him out.

Dahon
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dahon » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:09 am

The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:Most likely, I hope not, but most likely.
In which case I'll try to instigate and influence a People Power Revolution to get him out.

Look, I don't like how the Duterte administration is trying everything it can to please the Chinese (and I'm utterly mystified as to their motives in reaching out to Putin's Russia), but realignment in itself is not grounds for... Lord Almighty, another People Power?

Jesus. Can we not stick with constitutional prerogatives and let Duterte finish his term? If what Duterte is doing with the drug situation will in effect discredit this nation's already tottering institutions, ousting him will be more of that same.

The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:He's also selling the Philippines to the illegal and illegitimate Chinese Government, what's your point?

No, no he isn't. (And let's not play the ideological game, please.)
Last edited by Dahon on Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

-5.5/-7.44

Moscareinas (inactive)
Trumpisslavia (inactive)

The Posthuman Coalition
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Posthuman Coalition » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:40 am

Dahon wrote:
The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:Most likely, I hope not, but most likely.

Look, I don't like how the Duterte administration is trying everything it can to please the Chinese (and I'm utterly mystified as to their motives in reaching out to Putin's Russia), but realignment in itself is not grounds for... Lord Almighty, another People Power?

Jesus. Can we not stick with constitutional prerogatives and let Duterte finish his term? If what Duterte is doing with the drug situation will in effect discredit this nation's already tottering institutions, ousting him will be more of that same.

The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:He's also selling the Philippines to the illegal and illegitimate Chinese Government, what's your point?

I hate this ideological shit in this thread. There's pro-US and there's f-cking pro-China. Its cancer, how about I propose a motherf-cking solution so that you stop rambling like your mom's tits.

-Partition the freaking rocks, or at least share it
(Our el Presidente should take better PH-China relations, by duking it out in a game of good 'ol negotiation. Because the Spratlys are a bunch of floating damn rocks, how about they do my self-dubbed "Berlin Solution"? Divide the islands' territory into two. On peart for the Philippines and part for China, IN EQUAL F-CKING PARTS! Or at least, make it a joint Philippine-Chinese territory, where Filipino and Chinese fishermen fish with each, for fucking peace.)

-MULTILATERALISM!
(Get over it! This ain't the f-cking 1900's! We're not f-cking American mouthpieces anymore! But I think Presidente should not just be China-friendly. Make some useful allies apart form the f-cking United States of goddamn America. Indonesia, for example.)

Doesn't mean Duterte is going China-friendly, doesn't mean HE'S SELLING THE F-CKING COUNTRY U R-----S! WE STILL NEED THE US, AND WE ALSO NEED MORE ALLIES APART FROM THE BLOODY NATION!
-- NOVVS HVMANITAE --
Tier 11, Level 0, Type 9

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:44 am

Dahon wrote:

I hate this ideological shit in this thread. There's pro-US and there's f-cking pro-China. Its cancer, how about I propose a motherf-cking solution so that you stop rambling like your mom's tits.

-Partition the freaking rocks, or at least share it
(Our el Presidente should take better PH-China relations, by duking it out in a game of good 'ol negotiation. Because the Spratlys are a bunch of floating damn rocks, how about they do my self-dubbed "Berlin Solution"? Divide the islands' territory into two. On peart for the Philippines and part for China, IN EQUAL F-CKING PARTS! Or at least, make it a joint Philippine-Chinese territory, where Filipino and Chinese fishermen fish with each, for fucking peace.)

-MULTILATERALISM!
(Get over it! This ain't the f-cking 1900's! We're not f-cking American mouthpieces anymore! But I think Presidente should not just be China-friendly. Make some useful allies apart form the f-cking United States of goddamn America. Indonesia, for example.)

Doesn't mean Duterte is going China-friendly, doesn't mean HE'S SELLING THE F-CKING COUNTRY U R-----S! WE STILL NEED THE US, AND WE ALSO NEED MORE ALLIES APART FROM THE BLOODY NATION!

This.
NS's resident Filipino patriot. May also be that weird Vietnamese guy whose name must not be spoken.

Erian: If you are gay (like me) and looking, PM me. ;/\) (SO I CAN PRAY YOUR SOUL BURNS IN HELL) Kekekekek. No straighty and no wamen. I want no pussycats.

The Filipino dude is a Mangotreestian, yes, he is a believer in the gospel of the mango tree. The one true religion.
Totalitarian Theocracy
THE GREATER PHILIPPINE BAYAN
Hukbo/Military -
THE HOMELAND TERRITORIES - foreign affairs
Visit our nation! - Asigna TV - Know the Light of Heaven

Dahon
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dahon » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:50 am

I'm sorry, but where was I being an ideological twit?

In retrospect, my previous posts might reflect an anti-Chinese bias when I've also said before that we could warm up to China without pissing off the Americans as Duterte has done -- but I'm entirely lost as to what you mean.

-5.5/-7.44

Moscareinas (inactive)
Trumpisslavia (inactive)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General