NATION

PASSWORD

Philippines Discussion Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:25 am

Hoy mga puta!

I had a very insidious idea have a silly question.

If you were to vote one person in this thread (apart from yourself) as president of the Philippines who would it be?

I vote for Nationalist Eminral Republic. Mabuhay!
Last edited by Asigna on Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
NS's resident Filipino patriot. May also be that weird Vietnamese guy whose name must not be spoken.

Erian: If you are gay (like me) and looking, PM me. ;/\) (SO I CAN PRAY YOUR SOUL BURNS IN HELL) Kekekekek. No straighty and no wamen. I want no pussycats.

The Filipino dude is a Mangotreestian, yes, he is a believer in the gospel of the mango tree. The one true religion.
Totalitarian Theocracy
THE GREATER PHILIPPINE BAYAN
Hukbo/Military -
THE HOMELAND TERRITORIES - foreign affairs
Visit our nation! - Asigna TV - Know the Light of Heaven

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:02 am

Asigna wrote:Hoy mga puta!

If you were to vote one person in this thread (apart from yourself) as president of the Philippines who would it be?

I've a better idea, how about you knock it off with the gutter slang?
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:09 am

Farnhamia wrote:

I've a better idea, how about you knock it off with the gutter slang?

Much obliged.
NS's resident Filipino patriot. May also be that weird Vietnamese guy whose name must not be spoken.

Erian: If you are gay (like me) and looking, PM me. ;/\) (SO I CAN PRAY YOUR SOUL BURNS IN HELL) Kekekekek. No straighty and no wamen. I want no pussycats.

The Filipino dude is a Mangotreestian, yes, he is a believer in the gospel of the mango tree. The one true religion.
Totalitarian Theocracy
Hukbo/Military -

Secular State of the Philippines
Attaché

Founded: Jun 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Secular State of the Philippines » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:31 am

Nationalist Eminral Republic for President 2015!
:bow:

-Apologies Asigna but if you assume presidency, I fear you might be the next Robespierre. :hug:
Last edited by Secular State of the Philippines on Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:34 am, edited 6 times in total.
.     ° ¸. ¸    :.  . • ○ °   .  * . .   ¸ .   °  ¸. * ● ¸ . …somewhere   ° °  ¸. ● ¸ .   ° :.   . • °   .  * :. . ¸ . ● ¸       ° .   ° :.  . • ○    .  °  . ● ¸ .    ° .  • ○ °   .      ° :.  . • ○   * .  °  ¸….Way up high… ● ¸     ° °  . * ¸.     ° . .    ¸ .   °  ¸. * ● ¸ . … in the Universe…   °   ° .   . • °   .  * :. . ¸ . ● ¸       ° .    ° . .    ° :.  . • ○  ° :. . • ○ ° :.  .• an alien is masturbating

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:41 am

Secular State of the Philippines wrote:

-Apologies Asigna but if you assume presidency, I fear you might be the next Robespierre. :hug:

But if you're not Corrupt, you have nothing to fear.

But i relate more to this guy.

Totalitarian Theocracy
Hukbo/Military -

Secular State of the Philippines
Attaché

Founded: Jun 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Secular State of the Philippines » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:54 am

Asigna wrote:

But if you're not Corrupt, you have nothing to fear.

But i relate more to this guy.

I really thought he's a Marqui until I saw the full name. And it is power you should fear if not corruption.
.     ° ¸. ¸    :.  . • ○ °   .  * . .   ¸ .   °  ¸. * ● ¸ . …somewhere   ° °  ¸. ● ¸ .   ° :.   . • °   .  * :. . ¸ . ● ¸       ° .   ° :.  . • ○    .  °  . ● ¸ .    ° .  • ○ °   .      ° :.  . • ○   * .  °  ¸….Way up high… ● ¸     ° °  . * ¸.     ° . .    ¸ .   °  ¸. * ● ¸ . … in the Universe…   °   ° .   . • °   .  * :. . ¸ . ● ¸       ° .    ° . .    ° :.  . • ○  ° :. . • ○ ° :.  .• an alien is masturbating

Nationalist Eminral Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist Eminral Republic » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:37 am

Ombudsman dismisses Junjun Binay from service and ordered his perpetual disqualification public office. Mabuhay ang Pilipinas! Libre ko comshop nyo o! Kahit 10 oras kayo! XD

http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2015/ ... ed-service

Another Presidential Candidate: OFW Party-List Congressman Roy Seneres to run as President. Good luck boy!
http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2015/ ... -president
Last edited by Nationalist Eminral Republic on Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]
Federation of Eminral RepublicPederasyon ng Republika ng Eminral
エミンラル共和連邦 Federación de la República Eminral

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist Eminral Republic » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:40 am

"Hindi po ako tatakbong Presidente. I do not want it, I do not covet it. I believe it is no longer my time. My family is against it and I do not have any money. But when I become President, ipapadala ko ang mga keyboard warriors sa Syria para labanan ang ISIS nang sa ganun mabawasan ang mga ugaling-palengkera sa Pilipinas."

Well now we're on this topic, I've got an idea: We set a topic each week about a certain issue like transportation, and all of us enumerate our platforms and we discuss it. How does that sound?
Last edited by Nationalist Eminral Republic on Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]

Quirina
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:17 am

I cruised around EDSA...

>Duterte-Cayetano 2016 posters
>not yet campaign period
>Liberal Party HQ at Araneta Center, and is along EDSA
>kek

Nationalist Eminral Republic wrote:We set a topic each week about a certain issue like transportation, and all of us enumerate our platforms and we discuss it. How does that sound?

Sounds good to me, but since you mentioned transportation already, let's start with it with my proposed platform:
  • Alternate routing system for non-carpooling private vehicles
  • App-based carpooling licensed by LTO, LTFRB, and DOTC to avoid any suspected crime relating to kidnapping, etc.
  • Laning system in EDSA, with fierce patrol groups that chase down violators and confiscate licenses to teach pesky motorists
  • Six-lane system as follows (center aisle, trucks, private vehicles, motorcyles, buses, jeeps), with turning left or right supervised by traffic enforcers
  • Subway trains that stretches from the two ends of the country, and is built like the one from the English Channel
  • Deconstruction of MRT lines and construction of much powerful and faster tech trains, similar from Japan's
  • Older vehicles are not allowed to cruise national roads to reduce heavy congestion simply because they are older engines that might disturb the slow flow
  • Number-letter-coding system to reduce more vehicles on the road, which in exchange will increase MRT and subway (if built) commutters
  • Private city bus companies are to be merged in one single company to facilitate the bus transport system, but still a private company; excluded from rule are provincial buses
  • Immediate emergency bay response, when your car becomes shitty and you need to tow it out for the meantime, through alert and ready personnel

If you're too "excited for the change to happen" :P
  • Bomb Metro Manila to dust
  • Rebuild it ala-Japan
  • Megacity
एक, सच, अजेय
The Great Federated Noble States

"Strength determines the fates of the world, and the same should be applied over oppressors." - Maharajah Purva Ashvath IV

Call me Quirina.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist Eminral Republic » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:19 am

Australian Gov't in talks with Philippines to take in refugees. Why hasn't any PHL media picked up on this?
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-34483160

Oh and I'll post my proposals later on. Currently on lunch break :P
[align=center]

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist Eminral Republic » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:29 pm

Okay here I go, my solutions to traffic :P

The ultimate goal of the government is three things: first is the reduction of private vehicles, second is increased ridership of public transportation and third is environmental-friendly commuting.

1. To reduce the volume of vehicles in the road, we need to drastically rethink how PUVs work. I propose that in NCR and major cities throughout the country, LTFRB will stop giving franchises to PUVs, whether they be company or by a person. Then the local government will have monopoly over the public transportation system. In other words, we'll be bringing back the Love Bus.

For example, Dagupan City Government might create a city-run corporation called Dagupan Transit Corporation. This and similar transportation corporations MUST be funded by the City, Provincial and National Government to maintain the quality of the service. DTC then decides how many routes there will be, where the routes will go, how many buses are dedicated to that route and the time interval between buses.

DTC might decide not to scrap jeepneys altogether. There can be buses that will travel on main roads and longer distances, while jeepneys might travel on not-so-main roads and shorter distances. Oh and buses and jeepneys under government corporations will be electric. It's doable guys :P

Private transporation corporations may exist for regional transport or if you're going to not-so-populated areas. But no more 100 bus lines competing on Metro Manila's roads.

2. Rail Lines. I can't stress this enough. We need more trains. If I were the President, I would heavily invest in modernization of PNR Manila-Bicol line and create 2 more main lines: Manila-Northern Luzon line which will run through Central Luzon and Manila-Southern Tagalog Line. And those lines need to be electrified.

For NCR, I'll implement JICA's plan to create a subway. I'll approve Davao City's LRT, expand it to include entire Metro Davao Area and replicate it in Metro Cebu. There'll be rail networks in Panay and Leyte Islands.

3. Freight Lines. Ultimately we'll need as few trucks as possible off as many roads as possible. Therefore we need not only a passenger train network but a freight train network as well. Just like the passenger train network, there'll be freight network from NCR to Northern Luzon, NCR to Southern Luzon and NCR to Bicol Region. How are we going to connect Luzon to VisMin then? Well, we'll revive ports to allow goods to move faster.

I'll give an example: for example a container van might arrive in Manila. It'll then travel to Southern Luzon and end up in a port somewhere in the region. A cargo ship might then transport that container van to Panay Island for example. When it reaches a port somewhere in Panay, it'll then be transported to Iloilo City for example through another freight train line in Panay.

4. No old cars. No parking on public streets. Mandatory driving test for everyone. Cars imported to the Philippines must meet strict environmental standards.

5. Review and implement regulations concerning traffic signs. No posters may be put up near a traffic sign.

6. If we are going to rebuild an existing road, it must be bicycle and pedestrian friendly. There must be also a small space for a tree to be planted.

That's all I can think of on top of my head.
[align=center]

The Republic of Pantalleria
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:30 pm

I wouldn't mind him in office, as long as he helps me change the Constitution regarding natural "born" citizens when it comes to Presidency to "naturalised", since I unfortunately wasn't born in the country. ;)
The Pantallerian Economy and Other Details

The Pantallerian Bureau of Tourism: Treading on maggots since we got our magnificent go go boots.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:34 pm

Nationalist Eminral Republic wrote:Australian Gov't in talks with Philippines to take in refugees. Why hasn't any PHL media picked up on this?

Well the news down here hasn't been too positive about this, considering it's gonna cost us $140 million.

The Pantallerian Bureau of Tourism: Treading on maggots since we got our magnificent go go boots.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:55 pm

Nationalist Eminral Republic wrote:Okay here I go, my solutions to traffic :P

The ultimate goal of the government is three things: first is the reduction of private vehicles, second is increased ridership of public transportation and third is environmental-friendly commuting.

1. To reduce the volume of vehicles in the road, we need to drastically rethink how PUVs work. I propose that in NCR and major cities throughout the country, LTFRB will stop giving franchises to PUVs, whether they be company or by a person. Then the local government will have monopoly over the public transportation system. In other words, we'll be bringing back the Love Bus.

For example, Dagupan City Government might create a city-run corporation called Dagupan Transit Corporation. This and similar transportation corporations MUST be funded by the City, Provincial and National Government to maintain the quality of the service. DTC then decides how many routes there will be, where the routes will go, how many buses are dedicated to that route and the time interval between buses.

DTC might decide not to scrap jeepneys altogether. There can be buses that will travel on main roads and longer distances, while jeepneys might travel on not-so-main roads and shorter distances. Oh and buses and jeepneys under government corporations will be electric. It's doable guys :P

Private transporation corporations may exist for regional transport or if you're going to not-so-populated areas. But no more 100 bus lines competing on Metro Manila's roads.

2. Rail Lines. I can't stress this enough. We need more trains. If I were the President, I would heavily invest in modernization of PNR Manila-Bicol line and create 2 more main lines: Manila-Northern Luzon line which will run through Central Luzon and Manila-Southern Tagalog Line. And those lines need to be electrified.

For NCR, I'll implement JICA's plan to create a subway. I'll approve Davao City's LRT, expand it to include entire Metro Davao Area and replicate it in Metro Cebu. There'll be rail networks in Panay and Leyte Islands.

3. Freight Lines. Ultimately we'll need as few trucks as possible off as many roads as possible. Therefore we need not only a passenger train network but a freight train network as well. Just like the passenger train network, there'll be freight network from NCR to Northern Luzon, NCR to Southern Luzon and NCR to Bicol Region. How are we going to connect Luzon to VisMin then? Well, we'll revive ports to allow goods to move faster.

I'll give an example: for example a container van might arrive in Manila. It'll then travel to Southern Luzon and end up in a port somewhere in the region. A cargo ship might then transport that container van to Panay Island for example. When it reaches a port somewhere in Panay, it'll then be transported to Iloilo City for example through another freight train line in Panay.

4. No old cars. No parking on public streets. Mandatory driving test for everyone. Cars imported to the Philippines must meet strict environmental standards.

5. Review and implement regulations concerning traffic signs. No posters may be put up near a traffic sign.

6. If we are going to rebuild an existing road, it must be bicycle and pedestrian friendly. There must be also a small space for a tree to be planted.

That's all I can think of on top of my head.

1. Though I applaude such a optimistic policy, I must direct you to consider other outside forces, forces mostly corruption driven. In order for there to be some resemblance of success when it comes to that policy, the local Government units that will ultimately be left in chrge of overseeing these projects must have the same or similar mind set as you, otherwise it won't work, therefore I suggest a complete "purge" of local Government officials, when I say "purge" I mean total inquisitive investigation on whether or not they have corrupt backgrounds, if none exists then let go ahead, however always watch in secret, you never know when a secret video will come in handy in the Supreme Court for the proof of "purgery"...
2. Yes, I categorically agree with assesment on the rail situation, however, if I may, perhaps we can follow a more "British" system of subway transportation, Hong Kong is a model example of public transportation success, as opposed to the Japanese system, which just sardines them in, trains should be considered the backbone supporting the arteries (roads) of a city, however that doesn't mean that comfort should be subtracted from the equation.
3. Yes indeed, I also agree that more freight would be beneficial to the nation, most especially more ports, considering that we have the advantage of being an archipelago.
4. You're going to need A LOT of political capital to turn that policy into reality, remember, nearly a fourth of every Filipino citizen in the country is internationally poor, and as such they won't be able to afford new cars with lower negative environmental impact, that's where my economics skills come in :p .
5. Yes, definitely do that, in fact I would suggest a fine for putting up a sign there if caught.
6. Well, I would agree, however the Philippines will require a lot more investment in urban infrastructure in order to even begin thinking about doing that.

Please keep in mind that our country is a country known for earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanic activity, and typhoons, we cannot afford to lolly gag with low quality material.
Oh, and one more suggestion, I would recommend that you institute a change in the Constitution, it is unfair, considering that it has failed to keep up with the times, i.e. More and more Filipinos live overseas, and have children overseas, therefore they fail to put into account those who are born overseas but come back to be raised in the country.
To be honest this is a selfish recommendation, but my political family can only do so much...
Last edited by The Republic of Pantalleria on Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:09 pm

Nationalist Eminral Republic wrote:Ombudsman dismisses Junjun Binay from service and ordered his perpetual disqualification public office. Mabuhay ang Pilipinas! Libre ko comshop nyo o! Kahit 10 oras kayo! XD

http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2015/ ... ed-service

Another Presidential Candidate: OFW Party-List Congressman Roy Seneres to run as President. Good luck boy!
http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2015/ ... -president

May God be praised. Or Anitos, or Allah, or Kadesh, or some other Kamisama.

Baldapehlva
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Baldapehlva » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:00 pm

Nationalist Eminral Republic wrote:Australian Gov't in talks with Philippines to take in refugees. Why hasn't any PHL media picked up on this?

No shit would any PHL media not pick this up. Philippine media is horrid. Only trust CNN. Not even CNN Philippines, just the American media shows.
Pro: Liberalism and socialism, Catholicism, Pope Francis, basic freedums, and the Beatles
Anti: ISIL (those ISILs!), racism, Black Lives Matter, Protestantism (But I love Episcopalians!), and true atheists.

Ako ay Pilipino. We do use NS stats, unlike the rest of the forum.
The Persian Journal
Former governor of Socrates Province Dahar Jahellus arrested in Moscow, requests for extradition denied | The 2016 State of the Nation set for February 1, 2016 at the Rafael Theatre | Jihadist group Daesh fully eliminated inside Baldapehlva, says anti-terrorism police force

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:43 pm

Baldapehlva wrote:

No shit would any PHL media not pick this up. Philippine media is horrid. Only trust CNN. Not even CNN Philippines, just the American media shows.

What about Al Dub GMA News???

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist Eminral Republic » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:57 pm

The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:1. Though I applaude such a optimistic policy, I must direct you to consider other outside forces, forces mostly corruption driven. In order for there to be some resemblance of success when it comes to that policy, the local Government units that will ultimately be left in chrge of overseeing these projects must have the same or similar mind set as you, otherwise it won't work, therefore I suggest a complete "purge" of local Government officials, when I say "purge" I mean total inquisitive investigation on whether or not they have corrupt backgrounds, if none exists then let go ahead, however always watch in secret, you never know when a secret video will come in handy in the Supreme Court for the proof of "purgery"...

Well we're just talking about infrastructure for now. But I do recognize that there are some concerns about letting the local government run these type of corporations. But it's best left to the locals to determine how to solve their own problems.

The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:Yes, I categorically agree with assesment on the rail situation, however, if I may, perhaps we can follow a more "British" system of subway transportation, Hong Kong is a model example of public transportation success, as opposed to the Japanese system, which just sardines them in, trains should be considered the backbone supporting the arteries (roads) of a city, however that doesn't mean that comfort should be subtracted from the equation.

I am quite aware of the Japanese train system but I am not aware of how the Birtish system of subway works. Mind explaining the difference between British vs Japanese system? I propose a 2 layers of passenger rail transport: first is the local network (inside NCR for example) and the second is regional network (NCR to Bicol Region for example). That was we are not only reducing the volume of traffic inside the city, we're also reducing the volume of traffic in and out of major cities. We must remember that a lot of people study or work in NCR but do not actually live there, or they might go back home during holiday seasons. We all know how that turns out.

The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:You're going to need A LOT of political capital to turn that policy into reality, remember, nearly a fourth of every Filipino citizen in the country is internationally poor, and as such they won't be able to afford new cars with lower negative environmental impact, that's where my economics skills come in

I recognize that but this are one of the "band-aid" solutions to traffic and it certainly won't be enforceable for the next few years, the strict standard for cars that is. It's high time we encourage local car manufacturers and support them. Anybody remember Sarao? We've also got e-Jeepneys assembled here in the Philippines (I think). What I'm saying is it's doable.

The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:Please keep in mind that our country is a country known for earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanic activity, and typhoons, we cannot afford to lolly gag with low quality material.

There's also that factor which we need to take in to consideration. Obviously my platform for 2016 is spend, spend, spend. I think we can't grow the economy by cutting, even with high-levels of debt-to-GDP ratio by our country. We've underfunded our country now.

The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:Oh, and one more suggestion, I would recommend that you institute a change in the Constitution, it is unfair, considering that it has failed to keep up with the times, i.e. More and more Filipinos live overseas, and have children overseas, therefore they fail to put into account those who are born overseas but come back to be raised in the country.

We're just talking about the transportation for now but we'll get to the Constitution eventually :P
Our citizenship laws allow former Filipinos who have acquired foreign nationality and renounced it to reacquire their nationality once more without going through the whole naturalization process. Tough luck if you're born abroad though. I think the only reason why we're keeping it is because of the "Grace Poe situation": the elites who chose to live in comfort only to return back to the country when it suits their political agenda. Now I recognize it's only a few portion of overseas Filipinos because as you and I know, the majority of Filipinos abroad are working very hard to better themselves, and their families and relatives back home. So there needs to be a debate on this one, obviously.
Last edited by Nationalist Eminral Republic on Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist Eminral Republic » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:08 pm

Quirina wrote:
I cruised around EDSA...

>Duterte-Cayetano 2016 posters

For it? Against it?

Quirina wrote:
Sounds good to me, but since you mentioned transportation already, let's start with it with my proposed platform:
  • Alternate routing system for non-carpooling private vehicles

I don't know about that. I mean it's Metro Manila. You can only do so much before you create another carmaggedon :P

Quirina wrote:
  • App-based carpooling licensed by LTO, LTFRB, and DOTC to avoid any suspected crime relating to kidnapping, etc.

Uber? And we should also mandate that there should be cameras installed in each and every taxi and buses. Such cameras are to be monitored by PNP, MMDA, or whoever is in charge of that. Observing cabs here in my area, they've also got this thing where a light will flash outside in case the driver is being robbed, which will alert motorists of an emergency. I think we should implement that to protect our drivers as well.

Quirina wrote:
  • Laning system in EDSA, with fierce patrol groups that chase down violators and confiscate licenses to teach pesky motorists

Laning system? Please expand.

Quirina wrote:
  • Six-lane system as follows (center aisle, trucks, private vehicles, motorcyles, buses, jeeps), with turning left or right supervised by traffic enforcers

Filipino drivers cannot into zipper merge :P

Quirina wrote:
  • Subway trains that stretches from the two ends of the country, and is built like the one from the English Channel

Whoa whoa hold your horses. Subways are only for cities and short distances. Another type of rail system will be needed for regional transport. (See my recommendations).

Quirina wrote:
  • Deconstruction of MRT lines and construction of much powerful and faster tech trains, similar from Japan's

Eh. I don't know about deconstruction. Seems like a waste. I'd be in favour of expansion of the MRT/LRT network or implementing JICA's proposed subway system though. I'd definitely like to see Japanese-style public transport in the Philippines, that's for sure.

Quirina wrote:
  • Older vehicles are not allowed to cruise national roads to reduce heavy congestion simply because they are older engines that might disturb the slow flow

In addition to that: pollution.

Quirina wrote:
  • Number-letter-coding system to reduce more vehicles on the road, which in exchange will increase MRT and subway (if built) commutters

Filipinos may not look like it, but we're pretty rich :P They'll be buying two cars with different plate numbers to get around that.

Quirina wrote:
  • Private city bus companies are to be merged in one single company to facilitate the bus transport system, but still a private company; excluded from rule are provincial buses

A private consortium? I've proposed that but it's a government agency though. Knowing you, you're not too fond of that aren't you? :P

Quirina wrote:
  • Immediate emergency bay response, when your car becomes shitty and you need to tow it out for the meantime, through alert and ready personnel

Definitely. It's an inconvenience for everyone else to have a car suddenly stopping in a middle of a road. Though it's up for private companies to take on that.

Quirina wrote:
  • Rebuild it ala-Japan
  • Megacity

We've had the chance to do it in Tacloban. The government fucked it up spectacularly.
Last edited by Nationalist Eminral Republic on Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist Eminral Republic » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:12 pm

The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:May God be praised. Or Anitos, or Allah, or Kadesh, or some other Kamisama.

Maybe God does exist after all :blink:

Baldapehlva wrote:No shit would any PHL media not pick this up. Philippine media is horrid. Only trust CNN. Not even CNN Philippines, just the American media shows.

I still read PHL newspapers and watch PHL news*. As much as I'm an AlDub fan, I agree with you there. Don't they have much bigger stories to present? I don't fucking care about what happened to Kris Aquino, give me an update on Maguindanao Massacre!

*Only watch GMA news. For some inexplicable reason, I can't bring myself to watch (and like) TV Patrol though we used to watch that every evenings. But even GMA news is barely passing in my opinion. Almost all Philippine news agencies are sometimes indistinguishable from tabloid news.
[align=center]

Baldapehlva
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Baldapehlva » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:58 pm

Nationalist Eminral Republic wrote:
Baldapehlva wrote:No shit would any PHL media not pick this up. Philippine media is horrid. Only trust CNN. Not even CNN Philippines, just the American media shows.

I still read PHL newspapers and watch PHL news*. As much as I'm an AlDub fan, I agree with you there. Don't they have much bigger stories to present? I don't fucking care about what happened to Kris Aquino, give me an update on Maguindanao Massacre!

*Only watch GMA news. For some inexplicable reason, I can't bring myself to watch (and like) TV Patrol though we used to watch that every evenings. But even GMA news is barely passing in my opinion. Almost all Philippine news agencies are sometimes indistinguishable from tabloid news.

People only watch TV Patrol because of the special effects. Ano ba ito, Photoshop? Hindi ikaw sa future. Wala ikaw holograms. The sad truth.
If you can get international news shows inside the nation, watch that. I'd rather watch Fox News *shudders at the complete conservatism of Fox News* than ABSCBN. But which agencies are distinctive from tabloid news? I'd trust news during the Post-American era to the early 1980s. That's when TV Patrol came in with their fancy hologram Photoshop and all that.
Does this make you shudder and cringe?
Pro: Liberalism and socialism, Catholicism, Pope Francis, basic freedums, and the Beatles
Anti: ISIL (those ISILs!), racism, Black Lives Matter, Protestantism (But I love Episcopalians!), and true atheists.

Ako ay Pilipino. We do use NS stats, unlike the rest of the forum.
The Persian Journal
Former governor of Socrates Province Dahar Jahellus arrested in Moscow, requests for extradition denied | The 2016 State of the Nation set for February 1, 2016 at the Rafael Theatre | Jihadist group Daesh fully eliminated inside Baldapehlva, says anti-terrorism police force

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:44 pm

Quirina wrote:If you're too "excited for the change to happen" :P
  • Rebuild it ala-Japan
  • Megacity

Don't have to, the big one (earthquake) will soon bring devestation to infrastructirally unprepared Metro Manila just like a typhoon destroyed Cebu and made it into a better city.

Totalitarian Theocracy
Hukbo/Military -

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist Eminral Republic » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:49 pm

[quote="Baldapehlva";p="26259595
People only watch TV Patrol because of the special effects. Ano ba ito, Photoshop? Hindi ikaw sa future. Wala ikaw holograms. The sad truth.
If you can get international news shows inside the nation, watch that. I'd rather watch Fox News *shudders at the complete conservatism of Fox News* than ABSCBN. But which agencies are distinctive from tabloid news? I'd trust news during the Post-American era to the early 1980s. That's when TV Patrol came in with their fancy hologram Photoshop and all that.
Does this make you shudder and cringe?[/quote]
I think people watch TV Patrol because you know..what else is there? ABS-CBN, from my observation, have stronger signals in the countryside and provinces than GMA. Add to that their dramas which are not good, but better than GMA. GMA's 24 Oras is pretty good, but it's become what I consider "tabloid news" recently. There still seems to be an illusion of a network war when in reality, GMA's losing steadily, or they've lost already. The only problem ABS-CBN is having is noon-time blocks :P
[align=center]

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:20 am

Asigna wrote:
Quirina wrote:If you're too "excited for the change to happen" :P
  • Rebuild it ala-Japan
  • Megacity

Don't have to, the big one (earthquake) will soon bring devestation to infrastructirally unprepared Metro Manila just like a typhoon destroyed Cebu and made it into a better city.

Uh... You live in Zamboanga right? Has the city recovered fully from the siege?

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:27 am

The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:
Asigna wrote:

Uh... You live in Zamboanga right? Has the city recovered fully from the siege?

The only evidence that the siege has even occurred is the dirtiness of the Zamboanga Grand stand, which is currently undergoing a clean up operation and even a face lift to give it a better look after serving for a while as an evacuation center for the victims of the siege.

The entire offshore Barangay of Rio Hondo, which is the Moro community living on house on stilts which was wiped out during the war has been rebuilt and even better than the pre war conditions.

Here's a good website to keep in check of all the economic developments in Zamboanga city and elsewhere in Mindanao.

And Panguil Bay Bridge FTW!

Last edited by Asigna on Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Totalitarian Theocracy
Hukbo/Military -

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General