NATION

PASSWORD

Philippines Discussion Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Quirina
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:21 am

Asigna wrote:I'm very sorry. A lot of people have already condemned me in NS as this is a bad habit. Heck, even the entire Axis (now known as $acto, yes, the alliance that i created myself) has expelled me for nearly manipulating a war against Golgoth (i hated some few people there).

Ah don't worry, on behalf of the SANTIAGO Anti-Communist Treaty Organization, are truly honorable that you created such alliance (and not a monster that will soon devour you whole and complete), but let's not forget that you spun manipulation completely and not "nearly" as you think.

Asigna wrote:Oh, have i mentioned that iglesia ni Cristo is busy prolesitizing in the airforce? Yes, last summer when i was in a 40 day training, some INC priest was gathering us all for 40 minutes of preaching from the "true church". In the end of the training, a fourth of my batch was already converted.

I refused to go along with the band wagon obviously...

And I really don't think you will join them, coz you're not even a Christian I think. I dunno.

And oh, SACTO's coming. Brace yourself, Asigna.
Last edited by Quirina on Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
एक, सच, अजेय
The Great Federated Noble States

"Strength determines the fates of the world, and the same should be applied over oppressors." - Maharajah Purva Ashvath IV

Call me Quirina.

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:34 am

Quirina wrote:And I really don't think you will join them, coz you're not even a Christian I think. I dunno.

I'm not a Christian but i admire Jesus and some traits from Muhammad as well as some traits from Buddha and some traits from Shintoism. The thing is, i don't like sticking myself to one religion. It's like you voluntarily taking on the advice by the nearest authorities that you have to wear a single colored T shirt all the time to live a good life. Well truly i say to you. Certain religions offer you certain half truths about morality and life lessons you could use but they don't offer you the real picture.

You wouldn't know how the other t shirts will feel unless you wear them yourself.

Here's what i learn from the different religions:

Christianity: You have to be forgiving and kind, do unto others what you want others to do unto you, don't be a hypocrite
Islam: For once in your life, wage jihad with an unfaltering resolve, said jihad could be an idea in which you have strong faith in and if you wage jihad with an unwavering faith, it is you in the end who shall win
Buddahism and Shintoism: Respect nature and all the creations of the providence. Never stop doubting or questioning.

Religions are just complex ways of life being arranged by different people who had life lessons from different kinds of experiences, but we could not learn all the life lessons by just looking on and studying on a few particular group of people, we have to take on the lessons of the entire world and that means not learning from just one, but all religions if possible and if you find something you feel is not right, throw it out, gather only what is good and necessary and essentially add your own.

As for afterlife, i don't know. I honestly don't know what will come for me, but that doesn't matter for me, what matters most is making the most out of your life while your still alive.

Quirina wrote:And oh, SACTO's coming. Brace yourself, Asigna.

The scientist story in my new rp has a hidden ending. I would know since i wrote that story. Only the scientist would know the true weakness of his own creation and would know how it works. But i won't elaborate on that since this is not the right thread for the discussion of such things. Plus, i'm not in a mood for OOC warfare.
Last edited by Asigna on Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
NS's resident Filipino patriot. May also be that weird Vietnamese guy whose name must not be spoken.

Erian: If you are gay (like me) and looking, PM me. ;/\) (SO I CAN PRAY YOUR SOUL BURNS IN HELL) Kekekekek. No straighty and no wamen. I want no pussycats.

The Filipino dude is a Mangotreestian, yes, he is a believer in the gospel of the mango tree. The one true religion.
Totalitarian Theocracy
THE GREATER PHILIPPINE BAYAN
Hukbo/Military -
THE HOMELAND TERRITORIES - foreign affairs
Visit our nation! - Asigna TV - Know the Light of Heaven

Victoriala
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Victoriala » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:59 am

Quirina wrote:
Asigna wrote:I'm very sorry. A lot of people have already condemned me in NS as this is a bad habit. Heck, even the entire Axis (now known as $acto, yes, the alliance that i created myself) has expelled me for nearly manipulating a war against Golgoth (i hated some few people there).

Ah don't worry, on behalf of the SANTIAGO Anti-Communist Treaty Organization, are truly honorable that you created such alliance (and not a monster that will soon devour you whole and complete), but let's not forget that you spun manipulation completely and not "nearly" as you think.

Asigna wrote:Oh, have i mentioned that iglesia ni Cristo is busy prolesitizing in the airforce? Yes, last summer when i was in a 40 day training, some INC priest was gathering us all for 40 minutes of preaching from the "true church". In the end of the training, a fourth of my batch was already converted.

I refused to go along with the band wagon obviously...

And I really don't think you will join them, coz you're not even a Christian I think. I dunno.

And oh, SACTO's coming. Brace yourself, Asigna.

Oh shit the jingo gang is coming get the spears
THE COMMONWEALTH OF VICTORIALA
Fuck discourse, Memes are the way forward (its inevitable and you know it)
FACTBOOK | LA SOCIÉTÉ | NATIONS | ILLUMINATOR | +
Fucking little island person. 陰 and 陽 but mostly 陰. I draw and do designs.
My NS activity is 90% shitposts. Singy and I fuck each other occasionally.
Equity is True Equality. Pro-Aufklärung, Anti-Gegenaufklärung. [economic: -4.0 social: -4.21]

Quirina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:03 am

Asigna wrote:I'm not a Christian but i admire Jesus and some traits from Muhammad as well as some traits from Buddha and some traits from Shintoism. The thing is, i don't like sticking myself to one religion. It's like you voluntarily taking on the advice by the nearest authorities that you have to wear a single colored T shirt all the time to live a good life. Well truly i say to you. Certain religions offer you certain half truths about morality and life lessons you could use but they don't offer you the real picture.

You wouldn't know how the other t shirts will feel unless you wear them yourself.

Christianity: You have to be forgiving and kind, do unto others what you want others to do unto you, don't be a hypocrite
Islam: For once in your life, wage jihad with an unfaltering resolve, said jihad could be an idea in which you have strong faith in and if you wage jihad with an unwavering faith, it is you in the end who shall win
Buddahism and Shintoism: Respect nature and all the creations of the providence. Never stop doubting or questioning.

Religions are just complex ways of life being arranged by different people who had life lessons from different kinds of experiences, but we could not learn all the life lessons by just looking on and studying on a few particular group of people, we have to take on the lessons of the entire world and that means not learning from just one, but all religions if possible and if you find something you feel is not right, throw it out, gather only what is good and necessary and essentially add your own.

As for afterlife, i don't know. I honestly don't know what will come for me, but that doesn't matter for me, what matters most is making the most out of your life while your still alive.

All of us have a good right to bear perspectives, but let us remember that people who are much religiously-inclined and politically-minded are the brainchilds as to why we can still have the freedom and choice to say those words now. If not for the changing minds back in the days, we could have been persecuted for our thoughts and actions. If we view religion as a chosen way of life, it is an individual's choice, but tooling religion for political purposes cannot be avoided and only broad-minded people can understand why they resort to reason religion as their motivation. No one can define who the true faithful is, but only our actions and peoples' reactions can define it externally.

Asigna wrote:The scientist story in my new rp has a hidden ending. I would know since i wrote that story. Only the scientist would know the true weakness of his own creation and would know how it works. But i won't elaborate on that since this is not the right thread for the discussion of such things. Plus, i'm not in a mood for OOC warfare.

Okay then. So, don't try to start a shot you'll regret tho. Please don't provoke us, and thank you.
Last edited by Quirina on Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
एक, सच, अजेय

"Strength determines the fates of the world, and the same should be applied over oppressors." - Maharajah Purva Ashvath IV

Call me Quirina.

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:16 am

Quirina wrote:Okay then. So, don't try to start a shot you'll regret tho. Please don't provoke us, and thank you.

I'll make sure that the Coffee Club is more effective about its "no-ideological-warfare-bullshit" policy this time around.

/notitsleader
Art-person(?). Japan liker. tired-ish.
Student in linguistics ???. On-and-off writer.
MAKE CAKE NOT stupidshiticanmakefunof.
born in, raised in and emigrated from vietbongistan lolol
Operating this polity based on preferences and narrative purposes
clowning incident | clowning incident | bottom text
can produce noises in (in order of grasp) vietbongistani, oldspeak
and bonjourois (learning weebspeak and hitlerian at uni)

Quirina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:30 am

Gigaverse wrote:
Quirina wrote:Okay then. So, don't try to start a shot you'll regret tho. Please don't provoke us, and thank you.

I'll make sure that the Coffee Club is more effective about its "no-ideological-warfare-bullshit" policy this time around.

/notitsleader

Hi! Welcome to the Philippine discussion thread. How may I help you, wanderer?
एक, सच, अजेय

Call me Quirina.

Aeyariss
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aeyariss » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:51 am

Asigna wrote:Islam: For once in your life, wage jihad with an unfaltering resolve, said jihad could be an idea in which you have strong faith in and if you wage jihad with an unwavering faith, it is you in the end who shall win.

Well jihad has a very broad practical definition in Islam. How do you define jihad?
Last edited by Aeyariss on Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bodhicruize
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Bodhicruize » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:06 am

Asigna wrote:
Quirina wrote:And I really don't think you will join them, coz you're not even a Christian I think. I dunno.

I'm not a Christian but i admire Jesus and some traits from Muhammad as well as some traits from Buddha and some traits from Shintoism. The thing is, i don't like sticking myself to one religion. It's like you voluntarily taking on the advice by the nearest authorities that you have to wear a single colored T shirt all the time to live a good life. Well truly i say to you. Certain religions offer you certain half truths about morality and life lessons you could use but they don't offer you the real picture.

Quirina wrote:And oh, SACTO's coming. Brace yourself, Asigna.

The scientist story in my new rp has a hidden ending. I would know since i wrote that story. Only the scientist would know the true weakness of his own creation and would know how it works. But i won't elaborate on that since this is not the right thread for the discussion of such things. Plus, i'm not in a mood for OOC warfare.

I think it, what you are thinking is reasonable in that you have to be eclectic.

And we'll Christianity already has that element of being made up of multiple cultures. The Christian Bible is originally written in Hebrew, Greek and Latin and when Christ was Crucified those three languages made up his crucifixion letters.

Roman Catholicism is also based on Roman Law (That's why Latin is the language of the Church), Greek Philosophy (Christ is the Logos, a Greek term meaning, ordering principle of the Universe) and Hebrew Scriptures. So if you are looking for an eclectic tradition. Roman Catholic Christianity already has that.
Last edited by Bodhicruize on Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:16 am, edited 4 times in total.

Bodhicruize
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Bodhicruize » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:13 am

Aeyariss wrote:
Quirina wrote:Islam: For once in your life, wage jihad with an unfaltering resolve, said jihad could be an idea in which you have strong faith in and if you wage jihad with an unwavering faith, it is you in the end who shall win.

Well jihad has a very broad practical definition in Islam. How do you define jihad?

Well the Muslims had been relentless in their Jihads across the world; sacking Jerusalem, invading Spain, destroying Nalanda University at India and dissolving Majapahit at Indonesia.

According to my understanding, Jihad to them means war. And I believe the Christians of the West and the Tantrists of the East should counter that and Rechristianize and Reindianize all the areas currently under Islam's control.
Last edited by Bodhicruize on Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bodhicruize
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Bodhicruize » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:40 am

:hug:
Last edited by Bodhicruize on Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:57 am, edited 4 times in total.

The New Byzantine II
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The New Byzantine II » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:29 am

I'm an INC member and I am so laughing right now that there are flame wars between the Catholics and the Iglesias in Facebook, Twitters, etc.

Have some good vibes everyone!
Formerly The New Byzantine. Your typical NationStates member since late 2014.
Just call me Byzantine/TNB/Byz because no one really calls me The New Byzantine.

Left-wing nationalist, civic nationalist and a social democratic corporatist.

Kumbhalgarh wrote:Shwetang teleported out of the car. He teleported behind of the teacher, and poked a stick into his/her butt, and then Shwetang teleported back.

Bodhicruize
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Bodhicruize » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:15 am

The New Byzantine II wrote:I'm an INC member and I am so laughing right now that there are flame wars between the Catholics and the Iglesias in Facebook, Twitters, etc.

You should check out Pinoy Exchange, 90% of the activity there is made up of flame wars between Iglesias and Catholics.

http://m.pinoyexchange.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Nationalist Eminral Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist Eminral Republic » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:50 am

I hate you all of you for filling up 3 or more pages. Now I have to catch up with whatever you were talking about when I was away :'(

Asigna wrote:
Neo Philippine Empire wrote:Good, now that you have shown your true colors, no need to have fake hatred as well.

I'm very sorry. A lot of people have already condemned me in NS as this is a bad habit. Heck, even the entire Axis (now known as $acto, yes, the alliance that i created myself) has expelled me for nearly manipulating a war against Golgoth (i hated some few people there).

Anyway, chat's over, if you wan to talk to me about this more you can talk to me in the TGs.

Don't worry! Eminral will always be here. We're waiting..waiting for the right time >:D

The New Byzantine II wrote:I'm an INC member and I am so laughing right now that there are flame wars between the Catholics and the Iglesias in Facebook, Twitters, etc.

If I could punch people over the internet, I would've been charged with assault or attempted murder already. As an agnostic and a Nationalist, I'm outraged to know that small stuff like religion is one of the causes of the Republic not moving forward.
Last edited by Nationalist Eminral Republic on Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]
Federation of Eminral RepublicPederasyon ng Republika ng Eminral
エミンラル共和連邦 Federación de la República Eminral

Nationalist Eminral Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist Eminral Republic » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:17 pm

Hastiaka wrote:*cough*I dont want to start another debate now but. Also, i won't respond to harsh comments*cough*

Thank you, members of the Catholic COMMISSION ON ECUMENICAL AFFAIRS for being present in the Peaceful Assembly of the INC, and to our Muslim brethren for also being one with us calling for true Justice.

The patience of the Catholic Leadership is admirable, given that the attack dogs of Iglesia Ni Cristo have been saying various stuff regarding the Catholic faith 24/7.

EDIT: It was peaceful alright, but you managed to piss off the majority of the population. I don't think it's a good trade-off.
Last edited by Nationalist Eminral Republic on Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]
Federation of Eminral RepublicPederasyon ng Republika ng Eminral
エミンラル共和連邦 Federación de la República Eminral

The Republic of Pantalleria
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:17 pm

Nationalist Eminral Republic wrote:I hate you all of you for filling up 3 or more pages. Now I have to catch up with whatever you were talking about when I was away :'(

Asigna wrote:
I'm very sorry. A lot of people have already condemned me in NS as this is a bad habit. Heck, even the entire Axis (now known as $acto, yes, the alliance that i created myself) has expelled me for nearly manipulating a war against Golgoth (i hated some few people there).

Anyway, chat's over, if you wan to talk to me about this more you can talk to me in the TGs.

Don't worry! Eminral will always be here. We're waiting..waiting for the right time >:D

If I could punch people over the internet, I would've been charged with assault or attempted murder already. As an agnostic and a Nationalist, I'm outraged to know that small stuff like religion is one of the causes of the Republic not moving forward.

You know what they say, there is gold and a multitude of rubies, but the lips of knowledge are a precious jewel... In other words sit on your bum bum and read dang it.
The Pantallerian Economy and Other Details

The Pantallerian Bureau of Tourism: Treading on maggots since we got our magnificent go go boots.

Bodhicruize
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Bodhicruize » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:41 pm

The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:
Nationalist Eminral Republic wrote:I hate you all of you for filling up 3 or more pages. Now I have to catch up with whatever you were talking about when I was away :'(

You know what they say, there is gold and a multitude of rubies, but the lips of knowledge are a precious jewel... In other words sit on your bum bum and read dang it.

Lol

The New Byzantine II
Minister

Postby The New Byzantine II » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:42 pm

Bodhicruize wrote:

You should check out Pinoy Exchange, 90% of the activity there is made up of flame wars between Iglesias and Catholics.

http://m.pinoyexchange.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21

This forum is full of INC thread, lol.

This flame war will not end until 2016 Election ended.
Just call me Byzantine/TNB/Byz because no one really calls me The New Byzantine.

Kumbhalgarh wrote:Shwetang teleported out of the car. He teleported behind of the teacher, and poked a stick into his/her butt, and then Shwetang teleported back.

The New Byzantine II
Minister

Postby The New Byzantine II » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:45 pm

Asigna wrote:

I know right, we all know that the State and the Church is separated, except when government is funding Catholic Church.

I don't know why De Lima is focus on the INC rather than the Mamasapano Incident, the crimes in the Philippines. What an inggitera-like person.

The New Byzantine II
Minister

Postby The New Byzantine II » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:47 pm

Nationalist Eminral Republic wrote:
Hastiaka wrote:*cough*I dont want to start another debate now but. Also, i won't respond to harsh comments*cough*

Thank you, members of the Catholic COMMISSION ON ECUMENICAL AFFAIRS for being present in the Peaceful Assembly of the INC, and to our Muslim brethren for also being one with us calling for true Justice.

The patience of the Catholic Leadership is admirable, given that the attack dogs of Iglesia Ni Cristo have been saying various stuff regarding the Catholic faith 24/7.

EDIT: It was peaceful alright, but you managed to piss off the majority of the population. I don't think it's a good trade-off.

As an INC member, please dont call them "attack dogs" those who participated in the rally and debating against the Catholics, although me and my sister participated in the flame war sometimes, it was a hell funny though, it was a peaceful rally though but we really don't care if we piss off the majority of the population, just sayin'.

Victoriala
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Victoriala » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:14 pm

Bodhicruize wrote:
Aeyariss wrote:

Well the Muslims had been relentless in their Jihads across the world; sacking Jerusalem, invading Spain, destroying Nalanda University at India and dissolving Majapahit at Indonesia.

According to my understanding, Jihad to them means war. And I believe the Christians of the West and the Tantrists of the East should counter that and Rechristianize and Reindianize all the areas currently under Islam's control.

Remob kristianity from europ repaganize it 2015
Last edited by Victoriala on Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
THE COMMONWEALTH OF VICTORIALA
Fuck discourse, Memes are the way forward (its inevitable and you know it)
FACTBOOK | LA SOCIÉTÉ | NATIONS | ILLUMINATOR | +
Fucking little island person. 陰 and 陽 but mostly 陰. I draw and do designs.
My NS activity is 90% shitposts. Singy and I fuck each other occasionally.
Equity is True Equality. Pro-Aufklärung, Anti-Gegenaufklärung. [economic: -4.0 social: -4.21]

Neo Philippine Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Philippine Empire » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:19 pm

Victoriala wrote:
Bodhicruize wrote:

THE GRAND REPUBLIC OF MAHARLIKA

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:49 pm

Bodhicruize wrote:
Aeyariss wrote:

While i am not a good terms with the essence of Islam, we don't want to ignite Islamist sentiments and realize the battle of dabiq do we?
NS's resident Filipino patriot. May also be that weird Vietnamese guy whose name must not be spoken.

Erian: If you are gay (like me) and looking, PM me. ;/\) (SO I CAN PRAY YOUR SOUL BURNS IN HELL) Kekekekek. No straighty and no wamen. I want no pussycats.

The Filipino dude is a Mangotreestian, yes, he is a believer in the gospel of the mango tree. The one true religion.
Totalitarian Theocracy
THE GREATER PHILIPPINE BAYAN
Hukbo/Military -
THE HOMELAND TERRITORIES - foreign affairs
Visit our nation! - Asigna TV - Know the Light of Heaven

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:52 pm

Neo Philippine Empire wrote:
Victoriala wrote:

I share those sentiments completely.

The Pantallerian Bureau of Tourism: Treading on maggots since we got our magnificent go go boots.

Neo Philippine Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Philippine Empire » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:38 pm

The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:
Neo Philippine Empire wrote:..........

I share those sentiments completely.

Uh huh...There goes people again, blaming Religion for human faults.
THE GRAND REPUBLIC OF MAHARLIKA

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:46 pm

Neo Philippine Empire wrote:
The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:I share those sentiments completely.

Uh huh...There goes people again, blaming Religion for human faults.

Meh, let them blame it, as long as they leave us alone to practice our belief (as long as those beliefs don't infringe on the rights of others under the laws of the state) then, everything should be dandy.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General