NATION

PASSWORD

Philippines Discussion Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Neo Philippine Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Philippine Empire » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:42 am

Stormwrath wrote:
Neo Philippine Empire wrote:the patriotism of Philippine products in the Philippines is especially low...
I could hardly find a Philippine made product in the stores.

Wait, where do you live? Because where I'm at, Philippine-made products can be found in more numbers.

Cebu
Nationalist Eminral Republic wrote:
Stormwrath wrote:Wait, where do you live? Because where I'm at, Philippine-made products can be found in more numbers.

It may just be because my location here in Canada has a large number of Filipinos but I see Filipino products here too. Surprisingly, I found jeans being sold that are made in the Philippines.

There are more High Quality Philippine products abroad than the actual country itself
THE GRAND REPUBLIC OF MAHARLIKA

Victoriala
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Victoriala » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:45 am

Neo Philippine Empire wrote:
Stormwrath wrote:Wait, where do you live? Because where I'm at, Philippine-made products can be found in more numbers.

Cebu
Nationalist Eminral Republic wrote:It may just be because my location here in Canada has a large number of Filipinos but I see Filipino products here too. Surprisingly, I found jeans being sold that are made in the Philippines.

There are more High Quality Philippine products abroad than the actual country itself

Punta ka sa probinsya. Marami dun.
THE COMMONWEALTH OF VICTORIALA
Fuck discourse, Memes are the way forward (its inevitable and you know it)
FACTBOOK | LA SOCIÉTÉ | NATIONS | ILLUMINATOR | +
Fucking little island person. 陰 and 陽 but mostly 陰. I draw and do designs.
My NS activity is 90% shitposts. Singy and I fuck each other occasionally.
Equity is True Equality. Pro-Aufklärung, Anti-Gegenaufklärung. [economic: -4.0 social: -4.21]

Neo Philippine Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Philippine Empire » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:54 am

Victoriala wrote:
Neo Philippine Empire wrote:Cebu

Punta ka sa probinsya. Marami dun.

The Province?
I have a settlement in Northern Mindanao and the only problem I have is low Internet speed everything else is great.

Quirina
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:23 am

The New Byzantine II wrote:Your correct, I lost all most of my important events there using that nation, oh well, that Quirina kid or whatever his/her name is hates me.

You mean the Emperor of the Philippines? Why does he hate you? :P

Yeah, that Quirina sucks for having your nation banned for discreetly cursing someone's serious opinion (I still remember that, mind if I quote it? and here). Too bad he's still here to keep the morality around this place. Sorry, but he hate actions, not people. Hating people is a waste of time for him.

NER, I'll take it as a compliment. Besides, I still laugh at the leftist groups being bashed and smashed by cops, and being mistaken as zombies, and call it "infringement of democratic rights".
एक, सच, अजेय
The Great Federated Noble States

"Strength determines the fates of the world, and the same should be applied over oppressors." - Maharajah Purva Ashvath IV

Call me Quirina.

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:36 am

Quirina wrote:
Nationalist Eminral Republic wrote:You mean the Emperor of the Philippines? Why does he hate you? :P

Yeah, that Quirina sucks for having your nation banned for discreetly cursing someone's serious opinion (I still remember that, mind if I quote it? and here). Too bad he's still here to keep the morality around this place. Sorry, but he hate actions, not people. Hating people is a waste of time for him.

NER, I'll take it as a compliment. Besides, I still laugh at the leftist groups being bashed and smashed by cops, and being mistaken as zombies, and call it "infringement of democratic rights".

This guy also likes to talk in the third person.
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:Grab your gun, point it at bad guy, pull trigger.

Quirina
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:01 am

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Quirina wrote:Yeah, that Quirina sucks for having your nation banned for discreetly cursing someone's serious opinion (I still remember that, mind if I quote it? and here). Too bad he's still here to keep the morality around this place. Sorry, but he hate actions, not people. Hating people is a waste of time for him.

This guy also likes to talk in the third person.

You got it right, my ole Castillian friend. Lol
एक, सच, अजेय
The Great Federated Noble States

"Strength determines the fates of the world, and the same should be applied over oppressors." - Maharajah Purva Ashvath IV

Call me Quirina.

Nationalist Eminral Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist Eminral Republic » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:44 am

Quirina wrote:
Nationalist Eminral Republic wrote:You mean the Emperor of the Philippines? Why does he hate you? :P

Ah those hypocritical bastards? Weren't they the one who assaulted our cops during SONA? Party-list groups sure have double-standards when it comes to paid militants.
[align=center]
Federation of Eminral RepublicPederasyon ng Republika ng Eminral
エミンラル共和連邦 Federación de la República Eminral

The Republic of Pantalleria
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:45 pm

Well I don't know about you guys, but I found the SONA mostly satisfying, especially his call for an anti-dynasty law.
The Pantallerian Economy and Other Details

The Pantallerian Bureau of Tourism: Treading on maggots since we got our magnificent go go boots.

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:48 pm

The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:Well I don't know about you guys, but I found the SONA mostly satisfying, especially his call for an anti-dynasty law.

Even if he is a part of a dynasty himself?

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:51 pm

Stormwrath wrote:
The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:Well I don't know about you guys, but I found the SONA mostly satisfying, especially his call for an anti-dynasty law.

Even if he is a part of a dynasty himself?

Well yeah, besides there isn't exactly a political dynasty in his family at the moment, he I believe is the lone person in the family currently in politics, besides a political dynasty is more along the lines of Arroyo, Marcos and Binay, now THOSE are dynasties.

The Pantallerian Bureau of Tourism: Treading on maggots since we got our magnificent go go boots.

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:55 pm

The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:
Stormwrath wrote:Even if he is a part of a dynasty himself?

Well yeah, besides there isn't exactly a political dynasty in his family at the moment, he I believe is the lone person in the family currently in politics, besides a political dynasty is more along the lines of Arroyo, Marcos and Binay, now THOSE are dynasties.

IMO, I think an anti-dynasty law is stupid because it may mean that I can't be a government official since any of my immediate family members is already one.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:00 pm

Stormwrath wrote:
The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:Well yeah, besides there isn't exactly a political dynasty in his family at the moment, he I believe is the lone person in the family currently in politics, besides a political dynasty is more along the lines of Arroyo, Marcos and Binay, now THOSE are dynasties.

IMO, I think an anti-dynasty law is stupid because it may mean that I can't be a government official since any of my immediate family members is already one.

Well considering that most political dynasties in the Philippines have been out only to support each other and ensure that their power is unchallenged in office is a much more important issue to tackle than the mere point that one member of the family can't run for office while another is already in power. Besides, this will mean a lower rate of corruption in the Government because the incentive to steal from the coffers to benefit the family will be reduced, or at the very least the rate will be reduced.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist Eminral Republic » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:03 pm

I think the bigger question is why are PNoy and his Congressional allies pushing anti-dynasty law, Cha-cha, FOI and tax exemptions now? Clearly this is a political move to bolster the standing of whoever PNoy chooses as his successor, but alright pass it anyway.
[align=center]

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist Eminral Republic » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:23 pm

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/708030/hum ... ver-lawmen

Assault and unlawful detention by Human rights activists. Oh the irony
[align=center]

Neo Philippine Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Philippine Empire » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:49 am

The irony since he is part of the Aquino dynasty.

The New Byzantine II
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The New Byzantine II » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:19 am

Quirina wrote:

Your too sensitive when you talk serious to me, Quirina, about that put tank in a mall, I was about to say that what is wrong about putting a tank in a mall when it is a normal thing to say and then after that I banned because of you but still we have to move on and be happy.
Formerly The New Byzantine. Your typical NationStates member since late 2014.
Just call me Byzantine/TNB/Byz because no one really calls me The New Byzantine.

Left-wing nationalist, civic nationalist and a social democratic corporatist.

Kumbhalgarh wrote:Shwetang teleported out of the car. He teleported behind of the teacher, and poked a stick into his/her butt, and then Shwetang teleported back.

Victoriala
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Victoriala » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:39 am

The New Byzantine II wrote:
Quirina wrote:Yeah, that Quirina sucks for having your nation banned for discreetly cursing someone's serious opinion (I still remember that, mind if I quote it? and here). Too bad he's still here to keep the morality around this place. Sorry, but he hate actions, not people. Hating people is a waste of time for him.

Your too sensitive when you talk serious to me, Quirina, about that put tank in a mall, I was about to say that what is wrong about putting a tank in a mall when it is a normal thing to say and then after that I banned because of you but still we have to move on and be happy.

THIS SHIT ALL OVER AGAIN GOOD THING I HAVE FRIED RICE ON ME THIS TIME
Equity is True Equality. Pro-Aufklärung, Anti-Gegenaufklärung. [economic: -4.0 social: -4.21]

Bodhicruize
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Bodhicruize » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:47 am

*grabs popcorn

Victoriala
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Victoriala » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:47 am

Bodhicruize wrote:*grabs popcorn

#sinangag2016

Neo Philippine Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Philippine Empire » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:54 am

These guys...

The New Byzantine II
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The New Byzantine II » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:57 am

Victoriala wrote:
The New Byzantine II wrote:Your too sensitive when you talk serious to me, Quirina, about that put tank in a mall, I was about to say that what is wrong about putting a tank in a mall when it is a normal thing to say and then after that I banned because of you but still we have to move on and be happy.

Walang makakapigil sa akin!, just joking, that's why me and him/her have to move on about this goddamn issue & the reason to banned me by a moderator.
Formerly The New Byzantine. Your typical NationStates member since late 2014.
Just call me Byzantine/TNB/Byz because no one really calls me The New Byzantine.

Left-wing nationalist, civic nationalist and a social democratic corporatist.

Kumbhalgarh wrote:Shwetang teleported out of the car. He teleported behind of the teacher, and poked a stick into his/her butt, and then Shwetang teleported back.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist Eminral Republic » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:35 pm

Victoriala wrote:
The New Byzantine II wrote:Your too sensitive when you talk serious to me, Quirina, about that put tank in a mall, I was about to say that what is wrong about putting a tank in a mall when it is a normal thing to say and then after that I banned because of you but still we have to move on and be happy.

I love fried rice :P
[align=center]

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:34 pm

Neo Philippine Empire wrote:

The irony since he is part of the Aquino dynasty.

It can't really be described as a dynasty if he's the only one in his immediate family (that I know of) who is currently in office.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:37 pm

I think the bigger question is why are PNoy and his Congressional allies pushing anti-dynasty law, Cha-cha, FOI and tax exemptions now? Clearly this is a political move to bolster the standing of whoever PNoy chooses as his successor, but alright pass it anyway.

Meh, as long as they get it done, I can't complain. Afterall, fixing a broken system doesn't take a day, neither does it take an Administration to pass every law that's good for the country... In saying that however, he could have shown more urgency to the people by pressuring the Congress and Senate, and nagging to them about it.

Bodhicruize
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Bodhicruize » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:09 am

Victoriala wrote:
Bodhicruize wrote:*grabs popcorn

#sinangag2016

Lol.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads