NATION

PASSWORD

Christmas 2013

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sanguinea
Minister

Founded: Nov 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanguinea » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:47 pm

Solaray wrote:
Sanguinea wrote:
I don't have a problem with God, simply the Abrahamic way of portraying it. They seem to have it that God is separate from creation, I believe there is no distinction between the two. But that God's presence is on many planes of existence.

That definitely sounds more Eastern. Sounds like you'd be good with Buddhism, or something along those lines, though I'm not so sure about whether they have any dietary recommendations or restrictions.

Yes, I'm mostly influenced by Hinduism and Buddhism so that would make sense. I don't remember reading anything about any dietary code in eithet. It wouldn't matter if they did or not sense I don't wish to tie myself to a religion. Religion in my view is an obstacle and a hinderance between oneself and what a hindu or Buddhist would called "nirvana" or a Christian may call "heaven". Same message in my view.
तत् त्वम् असि
Married to Hyperion!
I'm a sailor in the USN! Hooyah!
I'm also an androgyne, bask in meh ambiguous nature!!! ^_^
Likes: Syndicalism, third positionism, market economics, world unification, panentheism/pantheism, authoritarian democracy.
Dislikes: Liberalism, Reactionism, Institutional Religion, Capitalism, Marxism
Economic Left/Right: -6.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.44

Dangelia
Senator

Founded: Jul 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dangelia » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:47 pm

Sanguinea wrote:
Dangelia wrote:What's the problem with God?

I don't have a problem with God, simply the Abrahamic way of portraying it. They seem to have it that God is separate from creation, I believe there is no distinction between the two. But that God's presence is on many planes of existence.

God is separate from creation, yes. But that God is everywhere. Just because God is not created doesn't mean that he can't interact with creation.

Sanguinea
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanguinea » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:53 pm

Dangelia wrote:
Sanguinea wrote:

God is separate from creation, yes. But that God is everywhere. Just because God is not created doesn't mean that he can't interact with creation.

I don't agree with that, to me that's like saying you can exist ourside of yourself. I don't believe anything other than God exists, everything is part of it.
तत् त्वम् असि
Married to Hyperion!
Likes: Syndicalism, third positionism, market economics, world unification, panentheism/pantheism, authoritarian democracy.

Ancient Magmia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ancient Magmia » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:57 pm

I'll probably do what I always do: eat and enjoy my gifts. If I get any books, then I'll probably read as well.
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. - George Orwell
Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato
Dear Diary, I'm Having a Little Problem
Add 3984 to my post count

My Last.fm, Spotify profile, RYM, and Essential Magmiacore
Hip hop, jazz, reggae, soul/neo-soul, R&B, and funk fan

Sanguinea
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanguinea » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:02 pm

Ancient Magmia wrote:I'll probably do what I always do: eat and enjoy my gifts. If I get any books, then I'll probably read as well.

Do well to relish the time with your family, it's a horrible feeling to be away from them.
तत् त्वम् असि
Married to Hyperion!

Ancient Magmia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ancient Magmia » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:05 pm

Sanguinea wrote:
Ancient Magmia wrote:I'll probably do what I always do: eat and enjoy my gifts. If I get any books, then I'll probably read as well.

Do well to relish the time with your family, it's a horrible feeling to be away from them.

If my family was yours, you'd be feeling a little different. :p

I get what you're saying though.
Last edited by Ancient Magmia on Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. - George Orwell
Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato
Dear Diary, I'm Having a Little Problem
Add 3984 to my post count

My Last.fm, Spotify profile, RYM, and Essential Magmiacore
Hip hop, jazz, reggae, soul/neo-soul, R&B, and funk fan

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:21 pm

Kemalist wrote:As the Christmas is approaching; what are you planning to do this year? nothing special or new for me. Probably I will attend to a house party with my gf, get tanked up with lots of beer and vodka, maybe play taboo and watch movies as well, and such.

I'm planning on working.
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:03 pm

I'll probably masturbate at some point. I'm not sure what else I'll do.
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Gallup
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gallup » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:04 pm

Yeah! Christmas!

Bit early to have a thread, though.
Economic Left/Right: 6.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.92
NSG's Official Hero of Kvatch and Prophet of NSG
Have you seen Evita? Best musical ever.
╔═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong Argonian maid ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no Nord ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╝

Dangelia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dangelia » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:33 pm

Sanguinea wrote:
Dangelia wrote:God is separate from creation, yes. But that God is everywhere. Just because God is not created doesn't mean that he can't interact with creation.

I don't agree with that, to me that's like saying you can exist ourside of yourself. I don't believe anything other than God exists, everything is part of it.

Well, how can God create himself? That doesn't make sense and that's what I'm hearing.

Divair
Khan of Spam

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:34 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Kemalist wrote:As the Christmas is approaching; what are you planning to do this year? nothing special or new for me. Probably I will attend to a house party with my gf, get tanked up with lots of beer and vodka, maybe play taboo and watch movies as well, and such.

I'm planning on working.

Sounds about right. Gotta pay rent.
Last edited by Divair on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:37 pm

Olthar wrote:I'll probably masturbate at some point. I'm not sure what else I'll do.

This.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Libertarian California
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Libertarian California » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:38 pm

Mushet wrote:It's not even Thanksgiving yet.
I'm a trans-beanstalk giantkin. My pronouns are fee/fie/foe/fum.

American nationalist

I am the infamous North California (DEATed 11/13/12). Now in the NS "Hall of Fame", or whatever
(Add 2137 posts)

On the American Revolution
Everyone should watch this video

Sanguinea
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanguinea » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:39 pm

Dangelia wrote:
Sanguinea wrote:

Well, how can God create himself? That doesn't make sense and that's what I'm hearing.

God is eternal, there's no need for "him" to have created himself. We're simply formed from what was already here.
तत् त्वम् असि
Married to Hyperion!

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:40 pm

Mushet wrote:It's not even Thanksgiving yet.

This^

I'd probably spend it being a lazy ass and messing around with my presents.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:40 pm

Divair wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:I'm planning on working.

Sounds about right. Gotta pay rent mortgage.

Fixed :)
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Brissia
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Brissia » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:42 pm

I'm Jewish, so I guess I'll just stare at your windows, waving a menorah at Christmas Carolers.
Economic Left/Right: 0.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.2121
Shimon-Zhivago wrote:
Brissia wrote:I'm Jewish, so I guess I'll just stare at your windows, waving a menorah at Christmas Carolers.

But you won't because Hanukkah is at Thanksgiving.
Just imagine; "Friends, family, I'd just like to say before I cut the Turkey BARUCH ATA ADONAI..."

Divair
Khan of Spam

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:43 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Divair wrote:Sounds about right. Gotta pay rent mortgage.

Fixed :)

Not yet, pal ;)

Dangelia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dangelia » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:45 pm

Sanguinea wrote:
Dangelia wrote:Well, how can God create himself? That doesn't make sense and that's what I'm hearing.

God is eternal, there's no need for "him" to have created himself. We're simply formed from what was already here.

So, if God is eternal, and everything's made of God, then the entire universe is eternal.

Menassa
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:46 pm

Brissia wrote:I'm Jewish, so I guess I'll just stare at your windows, waving a menorah at Christmas Carolers.

You know it's funny, we put Menorahs in our windows so people will stare at them...
Remember what Amalek did to you on your journey --- Do not Forget!
Their hollow inheritance.
This is my god and I shall exalt him
Jewish Discussion Thread בְּ
"A missionary uses the Bible like a drunk uses a lamppost, not so much for illumination, but for support"
"Imagine of a bunch of Zulu tribesmen told Congress how to read the Constitution, that's how it feels to a Jew when you tell us how to read our bible"
"God said: you must teach, as I taught, without a fee."
"Against your will you are formed, against your will you are born, against your will you live, against your will you die, and against your will you are destined to give a judgement and accounting before the king, king of all kings..."

Brissia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Brissia » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:48 pm

Menassa wrote:

You know it's funny, we put Menorahs in our windows so people will stare at them...

I actually saw a Christmas-tree ornament in the shape of a menorah......you know, I understand the whole political correctness thing, but putting a sign of one holiday on a symbol of a completely different holiday is kind of.....extreme.
Shimon-Zhivago wrote:

Just imagine; "Friends, family, I'd just like to say before I cut the Turkey BARUCH ATA ADONAI..."

Menassa
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:48 pm

Brissia wrote:
Menassa wrote:You know it's funny, we put Menorahs in our windows so people will stare at them...

I actually saw a Christmas-tree ornament in the shape of a menorah......you know, I understand the whole political correctness thing, but putting a sign of one holiday on a symbol of a completely different holiday is kind of.....extreme.

The Menorah's not really a symbol on its own.... it's the action.
"A missionary uses the Bible like a drunk uses a lamppost, not so much for illumination, but for support"
"Imagine of a bunch of Zulu tribesmen told Congress how to read the Constitution, that's how it feels to a Jew when you tell us how to read our bible"
"Against your will you are formed, against your will you are born, against your will you live, against your will you die, and against your will you are destined to give a judgement and accounting before the king, king of all kings..."

Brissia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Brissia » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:51 pm

Menassa wrote:
Brissia wrote:I actually saw a Christmas-tree ornament in the shape of a menorah......you know, I understand the whole political correctness thing, but putting a sign of one holiday on a symbol of a completely different holiday is kind of.....extreme.

The Menorah's not really a symbol on its own.... it's the action.

Yes, however, in popular culture, and with most people not really knowing much about Jewish traditions (I don't know much, even though I'm from a Jewish family), it is considered a symbol of the holiday, along with the dreidel.
Last edited by Brissia on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shimon-Zhivago wrote:

Menassa
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:53 pm

Brissia wrote:
Menassa wrote:The Menorah's not really a symbol on its own.... it's the action.

Yes, however, in popular culture, and with most people not really knowing much about Jeiwsh traditions (I don't know much, even though I'm from a Jewish family), it is considered a symbol of the holiday, along with the dreidel.

Pah on popular culture.

Brissia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Brissia » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:54 pm

Menassa wrote:
Brissia wrote:Yes, however, in popular culture, and with most people not really knowing much about Jeiwsh traditions (I don't know much, even though I'm from a Jewish family), it is considered a symbol of the holiday, along with the dreidel.

Pah on popular culture.

Pah indeed. However, popular culture still exists, and we must tolerate it, like one must tolerate that one smelly asshole on the subway.
Last edited by Brissia on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shimon-Zhivago wrote:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General