NATION

PASSWORD

Third World War

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The chrisman union
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 13, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby The chrisman union » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:11 pm

I get the slight feeling it'll be everyone vs Britain this time round. It's a classic example of history repeating itself. Take Germany in the 1930s for example. There was a big economic depression. Lots of people lost their jobs, so people began to support far right groups such as the Nazis. Hitler gets into power, and we have World War 2. Now, look at today. There's a big economic depression. Lots of people lost their jobs, so they began to support far right groups such as the BNP. Sound familiar?
Embassy
The Allied Nations of the Chrisman Union (ANCU)
Leader: President Christian Veldt
Armed forces: 900,000
Population: 340,000,000
Government type: Liberal Social Democracy
Shebu wrote: 9 out of 10 times when you have a Ak47 pointed at you, you pay attention.

North Defese wrote:If I had a nickle and the head of everyone who called me [Defense], I'd be rich, and thrown in prison for all the mutliated corpses strewn about my house.

Tunizcha wrote:Never get in a staring contest with a cat. Even if you win, you still lose, because you just spent 5 minutes staring at a cat.

Canadai wrote:In Canadai, the vertically impaired are treated as equal citizens, and given ladders by the government.

Niur wrote:Lets all just get brain transplants to shark bodies.
Defcon: 1 2 3 4 [5]

The Valepian Lands
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valepian Lands » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:12 pm

German Heresy wrote:Very soon, it'll start between USA and North Korea

That's not a world war. Who will side with North Korea? They have little allies. (Sure China is one, but they will be surrounded on many fronts by the US, EU, Russia and ASEAN.
RUN FOR AN EMBASSY!
FACTBOOK (!Out of Date!)
DEFCON: [5][4][3][2][1]
|Economic Stats|

The Tofu Islands wrote:
Arumdaum wrote:We should call it

NSG.

Only if it’s discovered that it’s inhabited by trolls.

Brajh
Envoy

Founded: Sep 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Brajh » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:13 pm

I don't think China will let North Korea piss off their largest trading partner. China needs the US too.
Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: 7.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.44

Cecilia Penifader
Envoy

Founded: Aug 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Cecilia Penifader » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:16 pm

The Aryan Third Reich wrote:You can bet the next world war wont get blamed on Germany!

Oh, we'll find a way to get Germany to pay for it, though.

The Aryan Third Reich
Envoy

Founded: Jan 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Aryan Third Reich » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:17 pm

I agree the tension between them is so much!
The only way to reform people is to kill them.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/welcome1.php

The Valepian Lands
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valepian Lands » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:20 pm

The Aryan Third Reich wrote:

I agree the tension between them is so much!

World war is when two groups (Those are just two nations) of powerful (North Korea ain't powerful) countries fight across a wide range (Asia and the pacific) of the world.
RUN FOR AN EMBASSY!
FACTBOOK (!Out of Date!)
|Economic Stats|

The Tofu Islands wrote:

NSG.

The Aryan Third Reich
Envoy

Founded: Jan 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Aryan Third Reich » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:20 pm

Cecilia Penifader wrote:
The Aryan Third Reich wrote:You can bet the next world war wont get blamed on Germany!

Of course you will, the world loves blaming Germany for their mistakes.
Jerks!
The only way to reform people is to kill them.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/welcome1.php

SF Penguins
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby SF Penguins » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:22 pm

If there is a World War III it will be between The U.S. And Russia but, Russia doesn't want to fight. They would rather like to do as LaRouche says and work with the U.S. because unlike us, The Russians are smart enough to see what is coming in the current future for the world and therefore The only next major thing that is going to happen is a general break down of the entire global economic system entering us into a new dark age so check it out at larouchepac.com.

Licentia pro rus ruris
Envoy

Founded: Sep 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Licentia pro rus ruris » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:24 pm

If a third world war happens this is how i could see it happening. I see the start of it being Iran obtaining nuclear weapons. In turn I think it would spark an arms race in the Middle East with Israel and possibly Saudi Arabia. The first fighting begins between Israel and Iran. With the confusion in the Middle East I could see Vladimir Putin taking total control in Russia returning communism to Russia. Russia then invades Georgia again and other former Soviet Union Countries to put pressure on the West and Israel. Fighting would then break out between Pakistan (with a government falling apart) and India over Kashmir. Then China (like Russia) would take advantage and invade Taiwan. North Korea would see this as an oppertunity to strike at either South Korea or Japan. Western Europe gets involved when the Russians start marching westward. But I don't think Europe would have much of a chance against Russia and China. In Africa the countries wouldn't be so involved in the actual war but a lot of civil wars would start up and poverty would shoot up due to funding from outside countries stopping cause of the war.The US would stay isolated in the beginning like the first two except for where they have troops. But once Venezuela became involved (from alliance with Iran/Russia) then the US would too. Then fighting would cross over into the Americas. First nuke (if used in the war) would be used by either North Korea, Pakistan, or India. In the end it would be a power struggle between three of the largest countries in the world (US, Russia, China) with countries switching sides throughout the war. The war would be started in the geopolitical hot spots and then would draw in the superpowers of the worlds. It is very scary to think about because it could very well happen.
"Live Free and Fight Hard to Keep It"

Head of State: Imperial President Alec Friid, son of Anderson Friid the Great, Fifth King of Licentia pro rus ruris
Head of Parliament: Prime Minister Jonaton Aldoni, Licentian Liberal Party

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:28 pm

The Aryan Third Reich wrote:
Cecilia Penifader wrote:

Of course you will, the world loves blaming Germany for their mistakes.
Jerks!

The Germans should take responsibility for their mistaks. I believe the current feeling in Germany is just that.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

The Valepian Lands
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valepian Lands » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:29 pm

Considering Russia I think Russia will try and stay away from a international conflict. They shattered their economy during the Soviet Union. So they need to improve it.

Remember, Russia has a large but outdated Army compared to the US. Also Russia has no real reason to go to war with the US. They are just tense acquaintances. Russia has always been a poor country, but at least it's attempting to crawl out of it.

The most likely country to go to war with Russia may be it's former European and Caucasus soviet states, most likely Georgia and Ukraine.
RUN FOR AN EMBASSY!
FACTBOOK (!Out of Date!)
|Economic Stats|

The Tofu Islands wrote:

NSG.

The Valepian Lands
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valepian Lands » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:31 pm

--Delete this Mods!--
Last edited by The Valepian Lands on Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RUN FOR AN EMBASSY!
FACTBOOK (!Out of Date!)
|Economic Stats|

The Tofu Islands wrote:

NSG.

SF Penguins
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby SF Penguins » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:32 pm

Everyone get off the Germans, The germans are done being blamed for What ever they did in the 1900s,

The Valepian Lands
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valepian Lands » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:33 pm

SF Penguins wrote:Everyone get off the Germans, The germans are done being blamed for What ever they did in the 1900s,

For helping WWI start and starting WWII, forget they did that?
RUN FOR AN EMBASSY!
FACTBOOK (!Out of Date!)
|Economic Stats|

The Tofu Islands wrote:

NSG.

Angleter
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Angleter » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:40 pm

It'll spark in the next 30 years, either out of the ruins of a European Superstate, out of a China-Taiwan war, out of Korea, or out of the Balkans.

Nukes will not be used- MAD works even at times of conventional warfare (see Kargil War 1999 for an example).

If it comes from Europe it would probably be the Slavic nations vs NATO, with a NATO win eventually. China and India, staying out of matters, will enter a new Cold War.

If it comes from China it would probably be China-NK-Russia vs. USA-SK-Taiwan-Japan-India, with a US-Indian win, revealing India as the new sole superpower, possibly having annexed Pakistan and Bangladesh.

If it comes from Korea, the same would probably happen but without India. China may win but NK probably won't survive anyway.

If it comes from the Balkans it would probably be Russia-Serbia vs. NATO + rest of Europe, which would probably result in a NATO win.

My guess is it'll come from Taiwan the moment the pan-Greens pluck up the courage to declare independence.
Last edited by Angleter on Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[align=center]"I gotta tell you, this is just crazy, huh! This is just nuts, OK! Jeezo man."

Eradium
Envoy

Founded: Aug 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Eradium » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:43 pm

I doubt WW III will be a big one between major powers, or at least not for a while. My guess would be the onset of the 'resource wars' (which we be in already. There is problems building in N.Afr. over water, especially the Nile) between lots of smaller countries and their neighbours, the larger powers would be unable to sufficiently stop the smaller countries de-stabilising to the point where their own countries become de-stabilised by shortages. It'll probably snow-ball from there. I doubt the effects of global warming reducing habitable space (or at least for mass-populations) and the potential mass immigration that may come from it will help.
Last edited by Eradium on Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't possess that really irritational belief that it's the people's right to murder politicians that they don't agree with." - Tagmatium

CornixPes II
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 07, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby CornixPes II » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:28 pm

WWIII is inevitably going to be so complex the layman will have difficulty understanding it. I predict it will be rooted in economics rather than political ideology and I have a feeling Asia will be deeply involved. I think WMD are more of a side issue and not a direct cause, I think people will threaten to use them but won't really because of the knowledge that they will fly right back at them. I guess I am hedging my bets on scarce resources and economic turmoil.

Romano-Dacia
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Romano-Dacia » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:01 pm

I'm willing to bet everything I have WW3 ain't gonna happen. At worst a limited nuclear exchange if some rouge state get's ideeas. Many little small tiny wars, yes. Big, ala WW2 war, no. I think the big powers are perfectly aware any gains from such a war, if any, could make up for the loss.

Unless that is, some idiot pushes the "launch all nukes" button by mistake.

Commandersos
Attaché

Founded: Nov 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Commandersos » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:11 pm

someone explain what is MAD?

:bow:

Barringtonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Barringtonia » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:16 pm

Commandersos wrote:someone explain what is MAD?

Mutually Assured Destruction - the idea that if both sides have enough nukes there's no point firing one off since a whole bunch will come straight back - there's not enough time to destroy the other nation before it sets off the missiles that destroys you.

More info on the China India border dispute.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1256251 ... lenews_wsj
I hear babies cry, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

Tokos
Senator

Founded: Oct 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tokos » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:16 pm

The chrisman union wrote:I get the slight feeling it'll be everyone vs Britain this time round. It's a classic example of history repeating itself. Take Germany in the 1930s for example. There was a big economic depression. Lots of people lost their jobs, so people began to support far right groups such as the Nazis. Hitler gets into power, and we have World War 2. Now, look at today. There's a big economic depression. Lots of people lost their jobs, so they began to support far right groups such as the BNP. Sound familiar?
This is so incredibly retarded that you really should not ever vote.

BNP's gonna annex Ireland and go looking for Lebensraum in Spain… sure…
The Confederal Fasces of Tokos

Economic Left/Right: -6.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.05

Libertanzastinebania
Civilian

Founded: Nov 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Libertanzastinebania » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:21 pm

CornixPes II wrote: I predict it will be rooted in economics rather than political ideology and I have a feeling Asia will be deeply involved. I think WMD are more of a side issue and not a direct cause, I think people will threaten to use them but won't really because of the knowledge that they will fly right back at them. I guess I am hedging my bets on scarce resources and economic turmoil.
Probably not far off.

Commandersos
Attaché

Founded: Nov 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Commandersos » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:25 pm

Barringtonia wrote:
Commandersos wrote:someone explain what is MAD?

Mutually Assured Destruction - the idea that if both sides have enough nukes there's no point firing one off since a whole bunch will come straight back - there's not enough time to destroy the other nation before it sets off the missiles that destroys you.

More info on the China India border dispute.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1256251 ... lenews_wsj

thanks a lot
:bow: :hug: :roll:

Yootopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 28, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Yootopia » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:33 pm

Dododecapod wrote:MAD no longer applies. Neither the US nor Russia have sufficient nukes to impose it on one another, nor, honestly, the will to try.

Wut. You only need so many nukes, and the US and Russia supposedly still have thousands.
End the Modigarchy now.

Dododecapod
Minister

Founded: Nov 02, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Dododecapod » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:39 pm

Yootopia wrote:
Dododecapod wrote:MAD no longer applies. Neither the US nor Russia have sufficient nukes to impose it on one another, nor, honestly, the will to try.

Wut. You only need so many nukes, and the US and Russia supposedly still have thousands.

Sure, but for true MAD you need to have sufficient to A) Launch due to Incoming first strike or B) Have sufficient to survive a first strike you didn't see coming and Launch a fully lethal strike anyway. Both nations have stripped their arsenals back via treaties and the elimination of obsolete tech to the point where B) is now rather unlikely.

Mind you, getting a strike in stealthily against either country would be quite a trick these days, and both have more than enough to act as a deterrant for anybody who can't manage it.
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General