NATION

PASSWORD

Valentine Vote for Same-Sex Marriage

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Legalization of Same-Sex Marriage in Illinois

Definitely A Good Thing
73%
Probably A Good Thing
4%
Neither A Good Nor Bad Thing
3%
Probably A Bad Thing
2%
Definitely A Bad Thing
17%
Other
2%

Total votes : 503

Duvniask
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Duvniask » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:13 pm

FlorinGuilder wrote:
The Emerald Dawn wrote:I am personally disgusted by the thought of same-sex marriage opponents being allowed in any states, especially one that is so close to mine (any). As a human, I strongly oppose this, and hope that we eject them into space.

That is clearly a liberal position. No morals.

Not being a bigot =/= no morals.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:13 pm

Sdaeriji wrote:
Christian Democrats wrote:This is why it is superior. Those who cannot engage in vaginal intercourse should not be recognized as married.

Source?

His personal preference.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Christian Democrats
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 29, 2009
New York Times Democracy

Postby Christian Democrats » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:14 pm

The Emerald Dawn wrote:
Christian Democrats wrote:If marriage is about the benefits, why are domestic partnerships with the same benefits not acceptable?

Because separate but equal got ruled unconstitutional.

They are not equal. Opposite-sex relationships are superior. They alone involve vaginal intercourse, which is the only kind of sexual activity that can lead to the creation of children, something that is necessary if our society is going to continue into the future.

One relationship is superior; one relationship is inferior.

All individuals are equal, but not all relationships are equal.
Leo Tolstoy wrote:Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.
GA#160: Forced Marriages Ban Act (79%)
GA#175: Organ and Blood Donations Act (68%)^
SC#082: Repeal "Liberate Catholic" (80%)
GA#200: Foreign Marriage Recognition (54%)
GA#213: Privacy Protection Act (70%)
GA#231: Marital Rape Justice Act (81%)^
GA#233: Ban Profits on Workers' Deaths (80%)*
GA#249: Stopping Suicide Seeds (70%)^
GA#253: Repeal "Freedom in Medical Research" (76%)
GA#285: Assisted Suicide Act (70%)^
GA#310: Disabled Voters Act (81%)
GA#373: Repeal "Convention on Execution" (54%)
GA#468: Prohibit Private Prisons (57%)^

* denotes coauthorship
^ repealed resolution
#360: Electile Dysfunction
#452: Foetal Furore
#560: Bicameral Backlash
#570: Clerical Errors

Sdaeriji
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Sdaeriji » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:14 pm

Johto and Kanto wrote:It bothers me that instead of respecting each others opinions, we would prefer to be rude to those who don't support gay marriage in Illinois. What was this thread called? Surely not 'be rude to people with other opinions. I just want to say that I am a heterosexual and believe that everyone deserves their own opinion.

Opinions are not inherently worthy of respect.
Farnhamia wrote:What part of the four-letter word "Rules" are you having trouble with?
Farnhamia wrote:four-letter word "Rules"

Neo Art
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Art » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:14 pm

Christian Democrats wrote:
The Emerald Dawn wrote:Because separate but equal got ruled unconstitutional.

They are not equal. Opposite-sex relationships are superior. They alone involve vaginal intercourse, which is the only kind of sexual activity that can lead to the creation of children, something that is necessary if our society is going to continue into the future.

You're really really really obsessed with pussy
if you were Batman you'd be home by now

"Consistency is a matter we are attempting to remedy." - Dread Lady Nathinaca

The Emerald Dawn
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Emerald Dawn » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:15 pm

FlorinGuilder wrote:
The Emerald Dawn wrote:I am personally disgusted by the thought of same-sex marriage opponents being allowed in any states, especially one that is so close to mine (any). As a human, I strongly oppose this, and hope that we eject them into space.

That is clearly a liberal position. No morals.

That is clearly a retarded position. No sense.

The Emerald Dawn
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Emerald Dawn » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:15 pm

Right, so you're a supremacist? You're like, the Grand Wizard of the VVV?

Duvniask
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Duvniask » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:15 pm

:rofl:

Old Sarthal
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Old Sarthal » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:15 pm

Aha! I see. You believe if we legalize same-sex marriage, humans will die out, because no one will have children. Am I correct?
Economic Left/Right: -0.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.59
19:49 AzuraI piss excellence.

Yortini Systems wrote:God, yes, yes!
Soroi Athlai [FT]
Sarthasian Republics [MT]
Proud Member of FT-Bravo Roleplay Group
I may be a schemer, but I'm not the only one.

Generation 31 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:15 pm

Christian Democrats wrote: They alone involve vaginal intercourse, which is the only kind of sexual activity that can lead to the creation of children, something that is necessary if our society is going to continue into the future.

Let me try this.

Vaginal intercourse is inferior because it continues the human species, the greatest threat to biodiversity today. Therefore, in the grand scheme of things, vaginal intercourse is undesirable. Prove me wrong.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Johto and Kanto
Minister

Founded: Feb 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Johto and Kanto » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:15 pm

Sdaeriji wrote:
Johto and Kanto wrote:It bothers me that instead of respecting each others opinions, we would prefer to be rude to those who don't support gay marriage in Illinois. What was this thread called? Surely not 'be rude to people with other opinions. I just want to say that I am a heterosexual and believe that everyone deserves their own opinion.

Why are they not? I notice that although Christian Democrats IS a bit annoying, you should accept the people who simply state their opinion
I STILL need a new signature.

*insert link to witty post here*

Manahakatouki
Senator

Founded: Oct 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Manahakatouki » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Neo Art wrote:
Aren't we all hoity toity with our big fancy words from books.

I was gonna go with fuckin'

Yes, people marry so that they can express their deep romantic love for one another through the marital act. People marry to engage in sexual intercourse and to live the remainder of their lives with that partner. Sexual intercourse leads to procreation.

"By its very nature the institution of marriage and married love is ordered to the procreation and education of the offspring and it is in them that it finds its crowning glory."

People who cannot engage in these procreative acts cannot be married. Sexual intercourse -- that is, vaginal intercourse -- exceeds all other forms of sexual activity because it is the only sort of sexual act that can result in children.

This is why same-sex partners cannot be married. They engage in inferior forms of sexual activity, acts that never result in procreation. Vaginal intercourse, the only form of procreative sexual activity, deserves special recognition in our society; and this is why only a man and a woman should be recognized as married. Only they have vaginal intercourse; only their sex can produce children.

Throughout reading your argument, I knew you were just hoping for this...

But that's just silly, as "vaginal intercourse exceeds all other forms of sexual activity"? Pardon my french, but bullshit, honestly...
And so it was, that I had never changed.

The Emerald Dawn
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Emerald Dawn » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Saruhan wrote:
The Emerald Dawn wrote:YOU FUCKING PIG. GOD YOU DISGUST ME.

HOW CAN YOU MENTION THIS HORRIBLE ACT?!

OH GOD I'M PUKING.

Damnit

I forgot to capitalise that one "of"

God man, how can you fail the team like that? Seriously? We ask you to bump it up, and you just LAUNCH it into the fourth row.

Christian Democrats
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 29, 2009
New York Times Democracy

Postby Christian Democrats » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Christian Democrats wrote:Without vaginal intercourse, the human species would not exist.

This is why it is superior. Those who cannot engage in vaginal intercourse should not be recognized as married.

You're right, we would have ceased to exist long ago if it weren't for vaginal intercourse. Except now that there are other ways of impregnating women and reproducing, there's no need to keep it.

Children deserve to be the products of acts of love. No child should be produced in a petri dish.
Leo Tolstoy wrote:Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.
GA#160: Forced Marriages Ban Act (79%)
GA#175: Organ and Blood Donations Act (68%)^
SC#082: Repeal "Liberate Catholic" (80%)
GA#200: Foreign Marriage Recognition (54%)
GA#213: Privacy Protection Act (70%)
GA#231: Marital Rape Justice Act (81%)^
GA#233: Ban Profits on Workers' Deaths (80%)*
GA#249: Stopping Suicide Seeds (70%)^
GA#253: Repeal "Freedom in Medical Research" (76%)
GA#285: Assisted Suicide Act (70%)^
GA#310: Disabled Voters Act (81%)
GA#373: Repeal "Convention on Execution" (54%)
GA#468: Prohibit Private Prisons (57%)^

* denotes coauthorship
^ repealed resolution
#360: Electile Dysfunction
#452: Foetal Furore
#560: Bicameral Backlash
#570: Clerical Errors

Tlaceceyaya
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tlaceceyaya » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Johto and Kanto wrote:
Sdaeriji wrote:

Why are they not? I notice that although Christian Democrats IS a bit annoying, you should accept the people who simply state their opinion

Why are they? Why should someone's views on something be automatically respected?
Economic Left/Right -9.75, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian -8.87
Also, Bonobos.

Dimitri Tsafendas wrote:You are guilty not only when you commit a crime, but also when you do nothing to prevent it when you have the chance.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:17 pm

You are basing your "argument" entirely on your opinion. You then assume that we respect or fear you enough to adopt your opinion as our own. You have not backed up this argument with anything except sound bytes that wouldn't be out of place in Germany during the late 30s.
~~~~~~~~

Frisivisia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Frisivisia » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:17 pm

Two words:

In vitro.
Impeach The Queen, Legalize Anarchy, Stealing Things Is Not Theft. Sex Pistols 2017.
I'm the evil gubmint PC inspector, here to take your Guns, outlaw your God, and steal your freedom and give it to black people.
I'm Joe Biden. So far as you know.

For: Anarchy, Punk Rock Fury
Against: Thatcher, Fascists, That Fascist Thatcher, Reagan, Nazi Punks, Everyone
"Am I buggin' ya? I don't mean to bug ya." - Bono
Let's cram some more shit in my sig. Cool people cram shit in their sigs. In TECHNICOLOR!

Saruhan
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saruhan » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:17 pm

Ah yeah. Perhaps with should also encourage these sorts things, if they're so "pure"
Caninope wrote:The idea of Pakistan, India and Bangladesh reuniting is about as logical as the idea that Barack Obama will kill his wife, marry Ahmadinejad in a ceremony officiated by Mitt Romney during the 7th Inning Stretch of the Yankees-Red Sox game, and then the happy couple will then go challenge President Xi for the position of General Secretary of the CCP in a gladiatorial fight to the death involving roaches, slingshots, and hard candies.

The Emerald Dawn
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Emerald Dawn » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:18 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:You're right, we would have ceased to exist long ago if it weren't for vaginal intercourse. Except now that there are other ways of impregnating women and reproducing, there's no need to keep it.

Children deserve to be the products of acts of love. No child should be produced in a petri dish.

Children don't deserve to be born to a mother who's sperm-donor left because she was an easy lay.

Duvniask
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Duvniask » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:18 pm

Johto and Kanto wrote:
Sdaeriji wrote:

Respect should be earned, not just given for no reason.

Many nazis "just" state their opinion.
Last edited by Duvniask on Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Johto and Kanto
Minister

Founded: Feb 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Johto and Kanto » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:18 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Christian Democrats wrote:They are not equal. Opposite-sex relationships are superior. They alone involve vaginal intercourse, which is the only kind of sexual activity that can lead to the creation of children, something that is necessary if our society is going to continue into the future.

You are basing your "argument" entirely on your opinion. You then assume that we respect or fear you enough to adopt your opinion as our own. You have not backed up this argument with anything except sound bytes that wouldn't be out of place in Germany during the late 30s.

Ah, genius, comparing not allowing same-sex marriage to nazis.
I STILL need a new signature.

*insert link to witty post here*

Saruhan
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saruhan » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:19 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:You're right, we would have ceased to exist long ago if it weren't for vaginal intercourse. Except now that there are other ways of impregnating women and reproducing, there's no need to keep it.

The fact that WE FUCKING BECAME GOD AND FLIPPED THE BIRD OFF TO NATURE IN THE PROCESS isn't loving at all?
Caninope wrote:The idea of Pakistan, India and Bangladesh reuniting is about as logical as the idea that Barack Obama will kill his wife, marry Ahmadinejad in a ceremony officiated by Mitt Romney during the 7th Inning Stretch of the Yankees-Red Sox game, and then the happy couple will then go challenge President Xi for the position of General Secretary of the CCP in a gladiatorial fight to the death involving roaches, slingshots, and hard candies.

The Emerald Dawn
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Emerald Dawn » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:19 pm

Johto and Kanto wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:You are basing your "argument" entirely on your opinion. You then assume that we respect or fear you enough to adopt your opinion as our own. You have not backed up this argument with anything except sound bytes that wouldn't be out of place in Germany during the late 30s.

Ah, genius, comparing not allowing same-sex marriage to nazis.

Can you think of another regime famous for attempts at eugenics that was implemented on a global scale?

Sdaeriji
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Sdaeriji » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:19 pm

Johto and Kanto wrote:
Sdaeriji wrote:

Why should I accept the people who simply state their opinion?
Farnhamia wrote:What part of the four-letter word "Rules" are you having trouble with?
Farnhamia wrote:four-letter word "Rules"

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:19 pm

So you're now saying that homosexuals are incapable of love.
~~~~~~~~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General