NATION

PASSWORD

Bullying can be good, especially "Anti-gay" bullying

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
User avatar
Anglican Prussia
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 24
Founded: Sep 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Bullying can be good, especially "Anti-gay" bullying

Postby Anglican Prussia » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:39 pm

I have a confession to make; I was bullied when I was in grammar school, and I went to both state run and private schools during my time in grammar school. In both, I was bulled and the staff did little to nothing to stop it. I also grew up with homosexual attractions while I was in the private grammar school which was also a very conservative Roman Catholic School. But I survived and I am still very thankful for my Roman Catholic education for providing me an great education not only on the “ 3 R’S” but on moral values and ethics.

Now, I must say, at the time, the bullying seemed to have no real value. I was bullied because of me weight, of a tumor I had on right side of my cheek, a small pony tail that I used to have, of my learning disability and my alleged and actually true homosexual “crush” on another student, which was actually my first “crush.” But unlike today, I fought back. Well, I did not really fight anyone, I “ripped” on them back.

Today, I hardly talk to them and when I do, we just laugh at it. People mature and people move on. I strongly believe that a bully in his childhood is a bully in his/her adulthood. And if they are, they are most likely just passive-aggressive arses.

Without the bullying that I went through as a child and early teenager, I would not able to survive in adult world today. I had have supervisors that were just plain dicks, and guess what, I am still living. If you can’t handle grammar, middle and high school and the bullies that come with it, then I’m sorry, you are the problem, not the bully.

Currently, especially in the U.S, we seem to have an all of a sudden focus on children and teenagers that are homosexual. There are claims that we need to protect them from the bullies because if someone “harasses” based on their sexuality, they are “harmed” so how. That they need to be a protected class because…well I haven’t really heard a reason why from the advocate for it.

Firstly, I grew up homosexual in a Roman Catholic private school, I was told every day that people like myself was going to hell. In fact, my private school and parish went one step further and preached that even having homosexual attractions was a sin, let alone acting on them. So, I felt like crap and at times, I did want to kill myself. But guess what? I survived through the medicine.

Yes, I am saying that the bullying of homosexual teens is beneficial to them, because it will teach them how to fight back and that not everyone is going to accept homosexuality just because it is “the right and smart thing to do”. There is going to ignorant people out there and people are going to “cling to their religion”, deal with it. It will also teach them not to be ahem...overly expressive in professional environments.

Sorces: http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes ... er-dislike
HTTP://WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK/NEWS/ARTICLE ... PULAR.HTML
HTTP://WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK/NEWS/ARTICLE ... XPERT.HTML
HTTP://THESTIR.CAFEMOM.COM/BIG_KID/1284 ... _LESSONS_A
Last edited by Anglican Prussia on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Aethyopea
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1118
Founded: Sep 02, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aethyopea » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:43 pm

So what are we supposed to discuss, exactly?
POLITICS, n. A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles. The conduct of public affairs for private advantage.
Ambrose Bierce: The Devil's Dictionary

•"The Catholic and the Communist are alike in assuming that an opponent cannot be both honest and intelligent."
George Orwell

"There is always an easy solution to every human problem--neat, plausible, and wrong."
-H.L. Mencken; The Sage of Baltimore


Trotskylvania wrote:Political analogies are like bullshit. It doesn't matter how pretty or elegant you try to make them, it's still a lump of bullshit at the end of the day.

User avatar
Samuraikoku
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31947
Founded: May 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:43 pm

Sorry to inform you, Daily Mail hasn't the reputation for being a credible source.

Also, you're wrong.

User avatar
Anglican Prussia
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 24
Founded: Sep 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglican Prussia » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:44 pm

Samuraikoku wrote:Sorry to inform you, Daily Mail hasn't the reputation for being a credible source.

Also, you're wrong.


Okay, tell me were and how I am wrong.

User avatar
Avenio
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9703
Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Avenio » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:45 pm

What utter nonsense. Just because you've developed Stockholm syndrome and internalized the trauma you received at school doesn't mean it was healthy for you, nor that it is healthy for anyone else.

User avatar
Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25661
Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ceannairceach » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:45 pm

"Deal with it" doesn't lower the teen suicide rate, darling. I'd argue that it's quite detrimental to it.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

LEGALIZE

User avatar
Khadgar
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7119
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Khadgar » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:46 pm

If you're a Catholic why is your nation name Anglican?

I could cite sources to prove your premise bullshit, but why bother?
No, of course not. They never do tests. Not many real deeds either. Oh, conversation with your grandmother's shade in a darkened room, the odd love potion or two, but comes a doubter, why, then it's the wrong day, the planets are not in line, the entrails are not favorable, "we don't do tests"!
"Nope, because right now I am more American than 49 million people with American "citizenship"" -Hippostania from FINLAND

User avatar
Jamie Anumia
Senator
 
Posts: 3790
Founded: Feb 15, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Jamie Anumia » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:46 pm

Bullying is never good. It's much better not to be bullied at all and work to stamp out any instances of bullying if they do occur.

User avatar
Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25661
Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ceannairceach » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:48 pm

Khadgar wrote:If you're a Catholic why is your nation name Anglican?

I could cite sources to prove your premise bullshit, but why bother?

The fact that my nation's name is Irish does not, in fact, make me Irish.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

LEGALIZE

User avatar
Samuraikoku
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31947
Founded: May 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:48 pm

Anglican Prussia wrote:
Samuraikoku wrote:Sorry to inform you, Daily Mail hasn't the reputation for being a credible source.

Also, you're wrong.


Okay, tell me were and how I am wrong.


Very simple. Not all people react like you.

User avatar
Anglican Prussia
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 24
Founded: Sep 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglican Prussia » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:48 pm

Khadgar wrote:If you're a Catholic why is your nation name Anglican?

I could cite sources to prove your premise bullshit, but why bother?


Because I converted to Anglican.

User avatar
Cold Coast
Envoy
 
Posts: 211
Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cold Coast » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:48 pm

Anglican Prussia wrote:
Samuraikoku wrote:Sorry to inform you, Daily Mail hasn't the reputation for being a credible source.

Also, you're wrong.


Okay, tell me were and how I am wrong.


Well, lets start with you basically said if bullying upsets you, you are the problem and not the bully.

User avatar
Exogenous Imperium
Envoy
 
Posts: 305
Founded: Oct 22, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Exogenous Imperium » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:49 pm

Aethyopea wrote:So what are we supposed to discuss, exactly?


Bullying, especially "Anti-gay" bullying. Is it good or bad? That is what we are discussing.

User avatar
Anglican Prussia
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 24
Founded: Sep 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglican Prussia » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:50 pm

Samuraikoku wrote:
Anglican Prussia wrote:
Okay, tell me were and how I am wrong.


Very simple. Not all people react like you.


Okay, than what do you believe? Why should we protect those who are offended at something?

User avatar
Samuraikoku
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31947
Founded: May 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:51 pm

Anglican Prussia wrote:Okay, than what do you believe? Why should we protect those who are offended at something?


Great idea, protecting people from bullying. Bullying victims could use that, you know.

User avatar
Threlizdun
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10242
Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Threlizdun » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:51 pm

So let me get this straight. Intolerance of others is good because it helps them better deal with intolerance?

User avatar
Anglican Prussia
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 24
Founded: Sep 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglican Prussia » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:52 pm

Cold Coast wrote:
Anglican Prussia wrote:
Okay, tell me were and how I am wrong.


Well, lets start with you basically said if bullying upsets you, you are the problem and not the bully.


Okay, how am I wrong on that? Please, I assume you have a college education and so do I, so please, try to give reasons before you type. Thank you.

User avatar
Seperates
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14093
Founded: Sep 03, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Seperates » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:52 pm

Ah... the "But it builds character" arguement. Sure... for some. But most others don't need that unnessecery stress of being isolated and bullied compiled with all the other stressful "character building" things in life.
In debate, expect me to be a virulent, brutally honest, bastard. I will be throughly critical of your views because I expect the same from you, and I am willing to be completely and utterly wrong. I will not hesitate , nor will I give quarter. If you don't wish to reforge ideologies in the furnace of logic, reality, and debate, I suggest that you don't post on the debate section of the Forums.
Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo
"The most important fact about us: that we are greater than the institutions and cultures we build."--Roberto Mangabeira Unger

User avatar
Madda
Diplomat
 
Posts: 508
Founded: May 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Madda » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:52 pm

Funny how the Greatest Generation didn't mind being called some bad names. Also funny how emotionally weak people are becoming to where they would kill themselves over being called gay. It's going to be easy for the US to be conquered once we start dropping like flies.
The Madda Empire is a monarchy. We have a strong social safety net and all of our businesses are government owned in a form of state-capitalism.

User avatar
Konohakagure
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 23
Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Konohakagure » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:52 pm

> Walked in
> Saw the Daily Fail in the links
> Waled out.

Also, I disagree with using hardship as a form of teaching.

User avatar
Exogenous Imperium
Envoy
 
Posts: 305
Founded: Oct 22, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Exogenous Imperium » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:53 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:"Deal with it" doesn't lower the teen suicide rate, darling. I'd argue that it's quite detrimental to it.


Telling people convincingly that it is forbidden to commit suicide does lower the teen suicide rate.

User avatar
Samuraikoku
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31947
Founded: May 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:53 pm

Anglican Prussia wrote:
Cold Coast wrote:
Well, lets start with you basically said if bullying upsets you, you are the problem and not the bully.


Okay, how am I wrong on that? Please, I assume you have a college education and so do I, so please, try to give reasons before you type. Thank you.


I assume you don't, since you typed "were" instead of "where".

User avatar
Khadgar
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7119
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Khadgar » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:53 pm

Exogenous Imperium wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:"Deal with it" doesn't lower the teen suicide rate, darling. I'd argue that it's quite detrimental to it.


Telling people convincingly that it is forbidden to commit suicide does lower the teen suicide rate.


Oh do source that.
No, of course not. They never do tests. Not many real deeds either. Oh, conversation with your grandmother's shade in a darkened room, the odd love potion or two, but comes a doubter, why, then it's the wrong day, the planets are not in line, the entrails are not favorable, "we don't do tests"!
"Nope, because right now I am more American than 49 million people with American "citizenship"" -Hippostania from FINLAND

User avatar
Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25661
Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ceannairceach » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:53 pm

Anglican Prussia wrote:
Samuraikoku wrote:
Very simple. Not all people react like you.


Okay, than what do you believe? Why should we protect those who are offended at something?

Because slander, harassment and assault are all illegal.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

LEGALIZE

User avatar
Seperates
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14093
Founded: Sep 03, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Seperates » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:54 pm

Madda wrote:Funny how the Greatest Generation didn't mind being called some bad names. Also funny how emotionally weak people are becoming to where they would kill themselves over being called gay. It's going to be easy for the US to be conquered once we start dropping like flies.

You know... I would be offended by that, but honestly, that would mean your opinion mattered.
In debate, expect me to be a virulent, brutally honest, bastard. I will be throughly critical of your views because I expect the same from you, and I am willing to be completely and utterly wrong. I will not hesitate , nor will I give quarter. If you don't wish to reforge ideologies in the furnace of logic, reality, and debate, I suggest that you don't post on the debate section of the Forums.
Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo
"The most important fact about us: that we are greater than the institutions and cultures we build."--Roberto Mangabeira Unger

Next

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Adriopium, Ashmoria, Bezombia, Coffee Cakes, Crysuko, Dalcaria, Deus Mercenary Leadership, Duvniask, Dvarin, Empire of Narnia, Escapania, Exabot [Bot], Free Kolechia, Geilinor, Geneserath, Grand Britannia, Gravlen, Greater-London, Hochste Kaiserreich, Hyfling, Jumalariik, Komminland, Liriena, Lordieth, Luchdearg, Lyttenburgh, Pilotto, Ridersyl, Tekania, Thafoo, The blood ravens, The Fascist American Empire, The Lone Alliance, The Scientific States, Trollgaard, United Marxist Nations, Verisburg

Remove ads