NATION

PASSWORD

Pokemon: is it possible to bring them into the real world?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
United States of Natan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Pokemon: is it possible to bring them into the real world?

Postby United States of Natan » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:06 pm

I think it is possible, mostly through either DNA combining (unlikely, though) or virtual recreation. the way I think it could be done through virtual recreation is find a computer image of a pokemon, and then build a machine that can transfer it's particles into the real world. how might a machine like this be built? if we work together, we can definitely bring pokemon into the real world, possibly through our games!
Then it's a lie. Everything Fox News says is a lie.
Even true things once said on Fox News become lies.
(Family Guy: Excellence in Broadcasting)

Come check out the Natan Region, a fun, democratic region|Biden/Harris 2020|
Liberal|Progressive|Hillary Supporter|Jew|Pro-Israel|Anti-Trump|Anti-Sanders|Anti-Bigotry

Priory Academy USSR
Senator

Founded: May 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Priory Academy USSR » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:07 pm

No. Impractical to develop, and Pokemon are biologically and physically near impossible,
Call me what you will. Some people prefer 'Idiot'
Economic Compass
Left -7.00
Libertarian -2.67

United States of Natan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Natan » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:09 pm

Priory Academy USSR wrote:No. Impractical to develop, and Pokemon are biologically and physically near impossible,

so it is impossible to create a machine that can do this? you know what, don't bother saying stuff here if your not going to contribute. I happen to take this topic very seriously.

Liberal|Progressive|Hillary Supporter|Jew|Pro-Israel|Anti-Trump|Anti-Sanders|Anti-Bigotry

Not Safe For Work
Minister

Founded: Jul 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Not Safe For Work » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:09 pm

United States of Natan wrote:I think it is possible, mostly through either DNA combining (unlikely, though) or virtual recreation. the way I think it could be done through virtual recreation is find a computer image of a pokemon, and then build a machine that can transfer it's particles into the real world. how might a machine like this be built?

Short of magic, it might not.

A computer picture of a pokemon has no 'particles', unless you mean pixels - and just copying the appearance of an object with some kind of 3d-print technology wouldn't spontaneously generate functional internal organs, or the 'spark of life'.

To be honest, the idea of Pokemon in real life is pretty horrible, anyway.
Beot or botneot, tath is the nestqoui.

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:10 pm

United States of Natan wrote:I think it is possible, mostly through either DNA combining (unlikely, though) or virtual recreation. the way I think it could be done through virtual recreation is find a computer image of a pokemon, and then build a machine that can transfer it's particles into the real world. how might a machine like this be built? if we work together, we can definitely bring pokemon into the real world, possibly through our games!

Erm... what?
ᛋᛃᚢ - Social Justice Úlfheðinn
Potarius wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass.

In layman's terms, orgy time.

Niur wrote: my soul has no soul.

Saint Clair Island wrote:The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Trotskylvania wrote:Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

Norstal wrote:Gunpowder Plot: America.

Meryuma: "Well, I just hope these hyperboles don't...

*puts on sunglasses*

blow out of proportions."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...so here's your future

Cosmopoles
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmopoles » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:10 pm

Why don't you just take up cockfighting?

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:11 pm

No. Pokemon is a fictional fantasy world; the things within it are not possible in real life.

United States of Natan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Natan » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:11 pm

this is why I am asking everybody. were bound to come up with something if we all work together.

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:13 pm

No not at all. There is absolutely no way you can make a rat shoot electricity than have it suddenly turn into a different looking rat after eating a piece of candy.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Priory Academy USSR
Senator

Founded: May 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Priory Academy USSR » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:14 pm

United States of Natan wrote:
Priory Academy USSR wrote:No. Impractical to develop, and Pokemon are biologically and physically near impossible,

so it is impossible to create a machine that can do this? you know what, don't bother saying stuff here if your not going to contribute. I happen to take this topic very seriously.

As far as I'm aware, yes, and no one is interested in building one, so there won't be one in the near (or potentially far) future.
Call me what you will. Some people prefer 'Idiot'
Economic Compass
Left -7.00
Libertarian -2.67

United States of Natan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Natan » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:15 pm

guys, how about you actually support my idea and come up with some ways we can do this? I specifically said that you should not post here if you won't contribute.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:19 pm

United States of Natan wrote:

How about YOU stop with the condescending tone here. >:(
You asked people to give their opinion and he gave it, don't get all snippy because you disagree with it.
And Pokemon WOULD be impossible. Why? Because evolution doesn't work like that.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:20 pm

Some pokemon maybe, i'm fairly sure we could breed a rattata.
Or robots.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Aelosia
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Aelosia » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:20 pm

United States of Natan wrote:guys, how about you actually support my idea and come up with some ways we can do this? I specifically said that you should not post here if you won't contribute.

Your thread is asking a question. People in this thread are answering what they think is the answer to the question.

Regarding the OP, no and no. Breeding animals to make them fight in sick games to ignite, drown and electrify each other? Really? Is that your idea of fun? Buy some dogo and enter a ring of dogfighting.
My ratings in the top 100:
Aelosia is ranked 12th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates
Aelosia is ranked 12th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates
Aelosia is ranked 12th in the world for Largest Defense Forces
Aelosia is ranked 13th in the world for Most Scientifically Advanced
Aelosia is ranked 20th in the world for Most Cultured
Aelosia is ranked 24th in the world for Most Subsidized Industry
Aelosia is ranked 25th in the world for Fastest-Growing Economies
Aelosia is ranked 38th in the world for Largest Public Transport Department
Aelosia is ranked 42th in the world for Largest Publishing Industry
Aelosia is ranked 51th in the world for Largest Information Technology Sector
Aelosia is ranked 61th in the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector

Factbook so far.

Vousielle
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Vousielle » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:21 pm

United States of Natan wrote:this is why I am asking everybody. were bound to come up with something if we all work together.

Haha wtf? First that awful abortion OP and now this? How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

And no, this would not be possible in the way you describe it. You could conceivably through imaginative selective breeding and as of yet nonexistent gene tailoring methods create animals that might remind someone of one pokemon or another. But c'mon, surely you can see this is kind of a goofy notion.
I LIVE AGAIN

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:21 pm

Aelosia wrote:Regarding the OP, no and no. Breeding animals to make them fight in sick games to ignite, drown and electrify each other? Really? Is that your idea of fun? Buy some dogo and enter a ring of dogfighting.

Dogs don't shoot electricity, that's just boring.
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Not Safe For Work
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Not Safe For Work » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:22 pm

United States of Natan wrote:guys, how about you actually support my idea and come up with some ways we can do this? I specifically said that you should not post here if you won't contribute.

You asked how it could be done. It can't.

Merely snap-shotting the external appearance of something tells you nothing about the internal workings. And, if it did - we're not even close to being able to 3-dimensionally print living tissue.

If all you want is responses that lie to you, and pretend it could be done as you wish it to be done - don't waste time posting here.

Cosmopoles
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmopoles » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:23 pm

Vetalia wrote:
Aelosia wrote:Regarding the OP, no and no. Breeding animals to make them fight in sick games to ignite, drown and electrify each other? Really? Is that your idea of fun? Buy some dogo and enter a ring of dogfighting.

They do if you fit them with a cattle prod.

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:24 pm

Cosmopoles wrote:They do if you fit them with a cattle prod.

Necessity is the mother of invention!
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Not Safe For Work
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Not Safe For Work » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:24 pm

Aelosia wrote:

Your thread is asking a question. People in this thread are answering what they think is the answer to the question.

Regarding the OP, no and no. Breeding animals to make them fight in sick games to ignite, drown and electrify each other?

Exactly. Even if 'real Pokemon' were possible, it would be monstrous.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:25 pm

Cosmopoles wrote:
Vetalia wrote:

They do if you fit them with a cattle prod.

Can I get Sharks with lazer beams attached to their heads? :p

United States of Natan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Natan » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:25 pm

1. i am 14.

2. I asked if you guys had any ideas for how to build a machine like that.

3. I did not say anything about breeding, only bringing them out of the games and into real life.

4. I would prefer ideas for the machine rather than criticism.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009

Postby Esternial » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:25 pm

With fairy dust and a TARDIS.

Srsly, virtual recreation? You're actually being serious? Why do research, I know right? I hope you know that we aren't just 'particles'.

And you wrote of 'DNA combining' in an instant.

While you probably don't have a clue about DNA and gen-technology, we already know how to transfer certain properties into other organisms, although it's only been done with plants.

You CAN'T make a magic machine. This is like asking us if we can make real powerpuff girls.
Last edited by Esternial on Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006

Postby Ostroeuropa » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:25 pm

Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 15, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:26 pm

Of course it is possible!

I turned all the mice over at my house into Pikachus! They sell like a newly released iPhone!
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General