NATION

PASSWORD

Forgotten?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Forgotten?

Postby Forsher » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:35 am

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/early-teens-forgotten-years-school-report-4962932

At first I thought this was some new wider study rather than ineptness on the part of schools here. However, this thread is about that non-existent study.

So, how much do we think that these years matter (13-15) for a child. The other way of doing it is the fifth to last and fourth to last year if school. (So if the last year came first in a race Y9 is in fifth place.)

I have limited time so this OP won't be very fleshed out. Personally I don't think Y9 matters that much. All one does is get used to the new school, really. Y10, however, really decides where you end up in Y11 so it is very important in terms of where the pupil can go.
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Meowfoundland
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meowfoundland » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:39 am

This probably isn't what you are talking about, but I don't remember about 95% of years 7 and 8. I don't even remember most of my teachers.
This was formerly a signature. One day, it may return to its splendid past. In the meantime, enjoy some pictures of my cats.

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:58 pm

Meowfoundland wrote:This probably isn't what you are talking about, but I don't remember about 95% of years 7 and 8. I don't even remember most of my teachers.

I'd call that indicative of their relative lack of importance.
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Roan Cara
Senator

Founded: Jul 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Roan Cara » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:09 pm

Well I can honestly say I don't remember much about what I learned in class from age 13 to about 15 but it is a time of my life that is very vivid as far as my social growth
Married to Big Jim P- I will always love him-ALLways
Roan HaYashurah - Roan the Just... or straight...~Menassa
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. Dr. Seuss[/align]

Return to General