NATION

PASSWORD

Why are many countries against Israel

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
User avatar
Nordengrund
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6036
Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Anarchy

Why are many countries against Israel

Postby Nordengrund » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:41 am

I have been reading some posts and many, or at least a decent number said they would rather support Iran than Israel, I even heard non- Muslim people say that. Why are these non- Muslim countries also against Israel? Personally, I am Pro- Israel. So NS, why do you think these NS nations are Anti- Israel?
Nordengrund is a constitutional monarchy. The governmet is based on right libertarianism. It is geographically Scandinavia but the people are of mixed Scandinavian/German ethnicity and German is the lingua franca.

User avatar
Vitaphone Racing
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10123
Founded: Aug 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vitaphone Racing » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:46 am

1. Many of them are Muslim countries, they tend to take Palestine's side
2. Israel has done some nasty shit in it's time
3. A lot of people haven't accurately looked at the situation.

Have I fixed your conundrum?
Parhe on my Asian-ness.
Parhe wrote:Guess what, maybe you don't know what it is like to be Asian.

ayy lmao

User avatar
Ovisterra
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16017
Founded: Jul 17, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ovisterra » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:47 am

As VR said above, they've done some nasty things. Obviously, other people have done nasty things too, but that doesn't make it OK.
Removing the text from people's sigs doesn't make it any less true. I stand with Yalta.

User avatar
Khadgar
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9997
Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Khadgar » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:47 am

Because Israel has a long history of doing exactly the worst possible thing from a PR perspective.
Racism tends to attract attention when it's flagrant and filled with invective. But like all bigotry, the most potent component of racism is frame-flipping -- positioning the bigot as the actual victim. So the gay do not simply want to marry; they want to convert our children into sin. The Jews do not merely want to be left in peace; they actually are plotting world take-over. And the blacks are not actually victims of American power, but beneficiaries of the war against hard-working whites. This is a respectable, more sensible, bigotry, one that does not seek to name-call, preferring instead change the subject and straw man. Thus segregation wasn't necessary to keep the niggers in line; it was necessary to protect the honor of white women.
—Ta-Nehisi Coates

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 95217
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:48 am

Some people hate Jews. Some people think Israel has done shit things. Some people think Israel never should have been created. Some people flipped a coin and it came up "Palestine". There's lots of reasons one would oppose Israel. Some good, some bad, some baffling.
Last edited by Ifreann on Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amaat conceived of light, and conceiving of light also necessarily conceived of not-light, and light and darkness sprang forth. This was the first Emanation, EtrepaBo; Light/Darkness. The other three, implied and necessitated by that first, are EskVar (Beginning/Ending), IssaInu (Movement/Stillness), and VahnItr (Existence/Nonexistence). These four emanations variously split and recombined, to create the universe. Everything that is emanates from Amaat.

The flower of justice is peace.
The flower of propriety is beauty in thought and action.
The flower of benefit is Amaat whole and entire.
I am the sword of justice...

User avatar
Goodclark
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1505
Founded: Jan 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Goodclark » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:50 am

Israel is a Jewish country, the countries surrounding it are Islamic. So they will take the Palestine's side.

User avatar
Nordengrund
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6036
Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Anarchy

Postby Nordengrund » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:51 am

Well one NS nation was Norwegian, and they said they opposed Israel.
Nordengrund is a constitutional monarchy. The governmet is based on right libertarianism. It is geographically Scandinavia but the people are of mixed Scandinavian/German ethnicity and German is the lingua franca.

User avatar
Divair
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63434
Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:52 am

Because Israel, much like the US, has a foreign policy that basically screams "STFU, WE DO WHAT WE WANT".

User avatar
Globexanter
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6351
Founded: Aug 17, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Globexanter » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:52 am

Because the "Israel Defense Forces" spend more time on the aggressive than the defensive...

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 95217
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:54 am

Divair wrote:Because Israel, much like the US, has a foreign policy that basically screams "STFU, WE DO WHAT WE WANT".

"WE ROLL WITH GANGS"
Amaat conceived of light, and conceiving of light also necessarily conceived of not-light, and light and darkness sprang forth. This was the first Emanation, EtrepaBo; Light/Darkness. The other three, implied and necessitated by that first, are EskVar (Beginning/Ending), IssaInu (Movement/Stillness), and VahnItr (Existence/Nonexistence). These four emanations variously split and recombined, to create the universe. Everything that is emanates from Amaat.

The flower of justice is peace.
The flower of propriety is beauty in thought and action.
The flower of benefit is Amaat whole and entire.
I am the sword of justice...

User avatar
Altria
Attaché
 
Posts: 81
Founded: Apr 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altria » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:54 am

Divair wrote:Because Israel, much like the US, has a foreign policy that basically screams "STFU, WE DO WHAT WE WANT".

Sigged. Hits the nail right on its head.
Divair wrote:Because Israel, much like the US, has a foreign policy that basically screams "STFU, WE DO WHAT WE WANT".

A member of the Totally Rad senate party.
Currently on a smartphone so don't expect much out of my posts.

User avatar
Westphalium
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 100
Founded: Jun 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Westphalium » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:55 am

Divair wrote:Because Israel, much like the US, has a foreign policy that basically screams "STFU, WE DO WHAT WE WANT".


This.

User avatar
Vitaphone Racing
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10123
Founded: Aug 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vitaphone Racing » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:56 am

Divair wrote:Because Israel, much like the US, has a foreign policy that basically screams "STFU, WE DO WHAT WE WANT".

A lot of great nations have shared this policy

Like Apartheid South Africa, Nazi Germany and France.
Parhe on my Asian-ness.
Parhe wrote:Guess what, maybe you don't know what it is like to be Asian.

ayy lmao

User avatar
Kazhanistan
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 449
Founded: Jan 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazhanistan » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:56 am

An Illegal occupation and a rich history in war crimes.

User avatar
Angleter
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11798
Founded: Apr 27, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Angleter » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:57 am

Because they do some rather nasty things, and there's a large cadre of Arab states (and Iran) who are dedicated to complaining to the rest of the world about those nasty things.
"I gotta tell you, this is just crazy, huh! This is just nuts, OK! Jeezo man."

I am: British, English, Catholic, Unionist, Conservative, Pro-Market, Civil Libertarian, Cultural Nationalist, Constitutional Monarchist, Brexiteer, Localist/British Federalist, Anti-Technocracy, Pro-Democracy, Pro-Parliament, Pro-Zionism.

Evolution, Not Revolution - Leave the EU, Take the EEA Option

User avatar
Vitaphone Racing
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10123
Founded: Aug 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vitaphone Racing » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:58 am

Kazhanistan wrote:An Illegal occupation and a rich history in war crimes.

Welcome to the middle east.
Parhe on my Asian-ness.
Parhe wrote:Guess what, maybe you don't know what it is like to be Asian.

ayy lmao

User avatar
Kazhanistan
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 449
Founded: Jan 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazhanistan » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:00 am

Vitaphone Racing wrote:
Kazhanistan wrote:An Illegal occupation and a rich history in war crimes.

Welcome to the middle east.

Yup just ask the Kurds, Shias, Armenians, and Hazaras.

User avatar
Divair
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63434
Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:00 am

Kazhanistan wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Welcome to the middle east.

Yup just ask the Kurds, Shias, Armenians, and Hazaras.

Just rename the Middle East to Occupationistan.
Last edited by Divair on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Vitaphone Racing
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10123
Founded: Aug 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vitaphone Racing » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:02 am

Divair wrote:
Kazhanistan wrote:Yup just ask the Kurds, Shias, Armenians, and Hazaras.

Just rename the Middle East to Occupationistan.

I advocate cutting out the middle man and placing Exxon in charge of all the Middle East.
Parhe on my Asian-ness.
Parhe wrote:Guess what, maybe you don't know what it is like to be Asian.

ayy lmao

User avatar
Kazhanistan
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 449
Founded: Jan 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazhanistan » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:04 am

Vitaphone Racing wrote:
Divair wrote:Just rename the Middle East to Occupationistan.

I advocate cutting out the middle man and placing Exxon in charge of all the Middle East.

What about the places that don't have oil?

User avatar
Page
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6652
Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Page » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:04 am

I'm pro-coexistence between an Israeli state and a Palestinian state. I admit, however, that I find Netenyahu to be an incredibly incompetent, and sometimes dangerous leader, and his party is detrimental to the very people they claim to stand up for. The warmongering far-right in Israel needs to be ousted, and similarly, the fundamentalist jihadists in Gaza need to be ousted as well, but remember that the Palestinians have become radicalized because of their treatment and the virtual apartheid state has only made things worse for everyone.

I've known a few Israelis, including a guy in my first semester of college who grew up on a kibbutz and served in the Israeli military, he was one of the most intelligent and most interesting people I ever knew, and he was very understanding and open and I learned a lot from him.

Anti-semitism is perhaps one of the most poisonous and destructive forms of bigotry, it is also one of the most ignorant. I just wish that valid criticism of the Israeli state and Zionism (and I am not even against Zionism, just right-wing Zionism and Netenyahu's apartheid party) would not be automatically seen as anti-semitism. I also wish Islamic fundamentalism's unwarranted influence on Palestine would fade away and their hate disappear as well.

User avatar
Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10244
Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:04 am

Tom Lehrer wrote:Oh, the Protestants hate the Catholics
And the Catholics hate the Protestants
And the Hindus hate the Moslems
And everybody hates the Jews

But during National Brotherhood Week...
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

User avatar
The Shirefolk
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Jun 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Shirefolk » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:07 am

Isreal is hated by three-fourths of the world due to the fact that( since they're creation in 1949-to present) They have killed 900,000 civilians. Additionally, this has nothing to do with Islam. I am a Palestinian and an Athiest, but you don't see me waving "I heart Isreal" banners just because I'm not Muslim. They've used relentelless propoganda in America to glorify Isreal, and de=huminize it's enemies!

User avatar
Goodclark
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1505
Founded: Jan 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Goodclark » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:10 am

Vitaphone Racing wrote:
Divair wrote:Just rename the Middle East to Occupationistan.

I advocate cutting out the middle man and placing Exxon in charge of all the Middle East.

:clap:

User avatar
Souseiseki
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12669
Founded: Apr 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Souseiseki » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:46 am

Vitaphone Racing wrote:
Kazhanistan wrote:An Illegal occupation and a rich history in war crimes.

Welcome to the middle east.

it's ok because everyone does it and everyone hates them and also DEMOCRACY

where were you for the Interior Minister says migrants do not recognize that Israel 'belongs to the white man.' thread i missed you so much mr. vitaphone racing
ask moderation about reading serious moderation candidates TGs without telling them about it until afterwards and/or apparently refusing to confirm/deny the exact timeline of TG reading ~~~ i hope you never sent any of the recent mods or the ones that got really close anything personal!

signature edit: confirmation has been received. they will explicitly do it before and without asking. they can look at TGs basically whenever they want so please keep this in mind when nominating people for moderator or TGing good posters/anyone!
T <---- THE INFAMOUS T

Next

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aelex, Ashmoria, Baidu [Spider], Confederate Baltic States, Coraspia, Dermin, Frank Zipper, Freakoland, Frieden-und Freudenland, Gallade, Google [Bot], Greater Rojava, greed and death, Hajaland, Herargon, Individual Concerns, Irona, Juristonia, Lamadia III, Lancaster of Wessex, Mynockia, Napkiraly, Neurotic Pandas, New Chalcedon, Nimzonia, Olivaero, Socialist Nordia, Souseiseki, The Emerald Legion, The Great state of Atlantis, The Grim Reaper, The Kingdoms of Jhaugher, The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord, Unified Heartless States, Vassenor, Xadufell, Yahoo [Bot]

Remove ads