NATION

PASSWORD

Homosexuality

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Stance of homosexuality

For it
67%
Against it (Political Reasons)
2%
Against it (Religious Reasons)
7%
Against it (Personal Reasons)
1%
Against it (Other)
2%
Neutral
20%

Total votes : 95

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:01 pm

Carneval wrote:Also, please regard any arguments you find well stated and don't just shout random crap until you feel content.

You haven't been on NSG very long have you?

Also I have gone through the first page and already seen a number of offensive stereotypes, I'm sure they were meant to be positive but all stereotypes are bad.
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

Tigeria
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tigeria » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:04 pm

Carneval wrote:
Tigeria wrote:I love it, don't see why so many people can't just leave it be...

leave "what" be?

Homosexuality, why is this so big that "all gays deserve to be executed?" :blink:
The planet Trae is an ancient land with a sordid history of globalization, war, kings, and gods. We currently boast 8 Billion in total population with a fair government under checks and balances and a separation of powers.

The current year is 2,017 Post-Omega

Carneval
Attaché

Founded: Mar 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Carneval » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:04 pm

Tigeria wrote:
Carneval wrote:
leave "what" be?

Homosexuality, why is this so big that "all gays deserve to be executed?" :blink:

wait... WHAT?!
HE'S SO WACKY

Tigeria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tigeria » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:07 pm

Carneval wrote:
Tigeria wrote:

wait... WHAT?!

It gets better, this full grown man said this... To High School students! Nothing must be wrong then, if what he says is right...
The planet Trae is an ancient land with a sordid history of globalization, war, kings, and gods. We currently boast 8 Billion in total population with a fair government under checks and balances and a separation of powers.

Borgyn
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Borgyn » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:08 pm

What does neutral mean? "I don't care," or something?

Tigeria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tigeria » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:09 pm

Borgyn wrote:What does neutral mean? "I don't care," or something?

Idc is better than homophobia

Carneval
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Carneval » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:09 pm

Borgyn wrote:What does neutral mean? "I don't care," or something?

You support any decision made on gay marriage, whether it is against or for. If you no opinion on the topic at all, you probably don't know a lot of gays
HE'S SO WACKY

Actantya
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

This

Postby Actantya » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:09 pm

Divair wrote:"For it" makes it sound like I actively support people being homosexual.

I'm neutral on the whole homosexuality/heterosexuality thing. I think everyone deserves equal rights and that the government shouldn't favour one side over another.

This is why I am voting for Ron Paul instead of voting for people who want to tell us what to do, we have freedom but we will lose it if we don't fight for it.

Real freedom isnt given by the government, we fight for it! :bow:

Carneval
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Carneval » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:11 pm

Actantya wrote:
Divair wrote:"For it" makes it sound like I actively support people being homosexual.

I'm neutral on the whole homosexuality/heterosexuality thing. I think everyone deserves equal rights and that the government shouldn't favour one side over another.

This is why I am voting for Ron Paul instead of voting for people who want to tell us what to do, we have freedom but we will lose it if we don't fight for it.

well that can be described as libertarian but completely unrelated.
HE'S SO WACKY

Tigeria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tigeria » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:11 pm

Actantya wrote:

Yes General Washington! :)

Carneval
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Carneval » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:12 pm

Tigeria wrote:
Actantya wrote:

Washington aided in the formation of the US government
HE'S SO WACKY

Cameroi
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cameroi » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:12 pm

it is the next best thing for reducing humanity's population challange, to actually putting something non-voluntarily int the air or water to statistically reduce human fertility.
while not personally attracted to participate in it, i am 100% in favor of those who are, doing so.
truth isn't what i say. isn't what you say. isn't what anybody says. truth is what is there, when no one is saying anything.

"economic freedom" is "the cake"
=^^=
.../\...

Tigeria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tigeria » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:13 pm

Carneval wrote:
Tigeria wrote:

He said fight for freedom, my first thought was Washington, here we are :lol:

San Pellegrino Romana
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2009
Anarchy

Postby San Pellegrino Romana » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:13 pm

Carneval wrote:
Tigeria wrote:

Yes, he is considered one of the "Founding Fathers" of the USA but that is completely unrelated.
Please refer to my nation IC as the Kingdom of Rome or Roman Kingdom.
Diplomacy: Factbook | Embassy Program | The Stonewall Alliance
Storefronts: Energizia Inc. | Van De Kaap Diamonds
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:14 pm

Actantya wrote:

Paul wants to ban gay marriage.
Proud Scalawag and Statist!

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Halt!
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Nulono wrote:Snip
I'm a pro-lifer who runs a nation of dragon-men...
And even I think that's stupid.
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:14 pm

Being a homosexual male, I am very much pro-homosexuality and pro-gay rights.
The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium
Ilia Franchisco Attore, King Attorio Maldive III
North Carolina | NSIndex Page | Embassies
Pop: 3,082 | Tech: MT | DEFCON: 5-4-3-2-1
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
About Me: Ravenclaw, Gay, Cis Male, 5’4”.
"Don't you forget about me."

Ex-Delegate of Ankh Mauta | NSG Sodomy Club
Minor Acolyte of the Vast Jewlluminati Conspiracy™

Borgyn
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Borgyn » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:14 pm

Actantya wrote:

What if the government gives it to us after fighting for it? Like...every race related freedom ever?

Pith Helmeted Nonsense
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Pith Helmeted Nonsense » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:15 pm

How is one for or against being sexually attracted to someone of the same gender? I'm not a homosexual, if that's what you're asking. At the same time, I do not oppose the existence of homosexuality.
Bow Before Pith!

Leerrooyy Jeennkkiinnss!

Tigeria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tigeria » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:15 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
Actantya wrote:

... Well this is awkward...

Carneval
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Carneval » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:16 pm

Pith Helmeted Nonsense wrote:How is one for or against being sexually attracted to someone of the same gender? I'm not a homosexual, if that's what you're asking. At the same time, I do not oppose the existence of homosexuality.

oppose or support gay marriage is what Im asking
HE'S SO WACKY

Borgyn
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Borgyn » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:17 pm

The thread is about gay marriage. Not homosexuality it general.

Pith Helmeted Nonsense
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Pith Helmeted Nonsense » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:17 pm

Carneval wrote:
Pith Helmeted Nonsense wrote:How is one for or against being sexually attracted to someone of the same gender? I'm not a homosexual, if that's what you're asking. At the same time, I do not oppose the existence of homosexuality.

oppose or support gay marriage is what Im asking

In which case I refer to my signature.

LEERROOYY JEENNKKIINNSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bow Before Pith!

Leerrooyy Jeennkkiinnss!

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:17 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
Actantya wrote:

A real libertarian (e.g not what America defines it as) would be for gay marriage.
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

Zaharawi
Envoy

Founded: Oct 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaharawi » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:18 pm

I guess the number one reason I voted for is because I am gay. Secondly, it is extremely ignorant and self centred of people to dine people the ability to pursue happiness--a right the American founding fathers fought so hard to accomplish. To marginalize certain group of people and prevent them from this equality should be crime against humanity.

Carneval
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Carneval » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:20 pm

Zaharawi wrote:I guess the number one reason I voted for is because I am gay. Secondly, it is extremely ignorant and self centred of people to dine people the ability to pursue happiness--a right the American founding fathers fought so hard to accomplish. To marginalize certain group of people and prevent them from this equality should be crime against humanity.

Although I agree with a less extreme version of your argument, attacking your opponent doesn't convince them to agree with you. If you want to make someone pro-gay, Calmly state it in a non-threatening manner
HE'S SO WACKY

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General