NATION

PASSWORD

George Bush is Abraham Lincoln

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Do you believe in this theory?

Yes
14%
Yes
12%
Yes
12%
Yes
13%
Yes
12%
All of the above
38%

Total votes : 125

Timegate
Envoy

Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

George Bush is Abraham Lincoln

Postby Timegate » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:02 pm

I have been thinking of how similar George Bush and Abraham Lincoln are. We remember Abraham Lincoln as one of the greatest President's who freed the slaves, but most Americans and people around the world think of President Bush very badly. I'd like to put forward the ''Bush-Lincoln Theory, which is the following: In a few decades, George Bush will be remembered in the same exact way Abraham Lincoln is.

During their administration, both of them were criticized as being uneducated idiots who can't pronounce things correctly. They both used executive power to suppress threats to our nation and preserve our unity.

The Southern states hated the Northern States because of their freedom and liberty. They didn't have or rely on slaves like the North did, and they hated them for that. Al-Qaeda and Taliban hate America for those very same reasons. We have a functioning democracy, they don't. They want to destroy our freedoms and bring us oppression.

George Bush kept us free in the same way that Abraham Lincoln expanded it. Therefore, I believe that that George Bush was a modern day Abraham Lincoln, and will be remembered like it.

Thoughts?
Last edited by Timegate on Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jon Huntsman 2012

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:04 pm

I'm not exactly sure what you're satirizing here; this feels absurd even for you.
The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium
Ilia Franchisco Attore, King Attorio Maldive III
North Carolina | NSIndex Page | Embassies
Pop: 3,082 | Tech: MT | DEFCON: 5-4-3-2-1
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
About Me: Ravenclaw, Gay, Cis Male, 5’4”.
"Don't you forget about me."

Ex-Delegate of Ankh Mauta | NSG Sodomy Club
Minor Acolyte of the Vast Jewlluminati Conspiracy™

Third Mexican Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Third Mexican Empire » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:04 pm

Timegate wrote:The Southern states hated the Northern States because of their freedom and liberty. They didn't have or rely on slaves like the North did, and they hated them for that. Al-Qaeda and Taliban hate America for those very same reasons. We have a functioning democracy, they don't. They want to destroy our freedoms and bring us oppression.

George Bush kept us free in the same way that Abraham Lincoln expanded it. Therefore, I believe that that George Bush was a modern day Abraham Lincoln, and will be remembered like it.

Thoughts?

Ron Paul 2012
Last edited by Third Mexican Empire on Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:05 pm

Lincoln wrote the Gettysburg Address and the shrub wrote?........
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Timegate
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Timegate » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:07 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:Lincoln wrote the Gettysburg Address and the shrub wrote?........

Inspirational quotes such as:

''Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.''
Jon Huntsman 2012

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:08 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:Lincoln wrote the Gettysburg Address and the shrub wrote?........

The Patriot Act.

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:08 pm

Timegate wrote:

''Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.''

And who could forget the ever memorable "Is our children learning?"
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...

Timegate
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Timegate » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:09 pm

Astrolinium wrote:
Timegate wrote:

There needs to be a greatest hit DVD for these quotes while the footage is still around.
Jon Huntsman 2012

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:09 pm

Lincoln wasn't killed by a pretzel.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:09 pm

Astrolinium wrote:
Timegate wrote:

And of course: "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.".

New Heathera
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Heathera » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:10 pm

Timegate wrote:I have been thinking of how similar George Bush and Abraham Lincoln are. We remember Abraham Lincoln as one of the greatest President's who freed the slaves, but most Americans and people around the world think of President Bush very badly. I'd like to put forward the ''Bush-Lincoln Theory, which is the following: In a few decades, George Bush will be remembered in the same exact way Abraham Lincoln is.

During their administration, both of them were criticized as being uneducated idiots who can't pronounce things correctly. They both used executive power to suppress threats to our nation and preserve our unity.

The Southern states hated the Northern States because of their freedom and liberty. They didn't have or rely on slaves like the North did, and they hated them for that. Al-Qaeda and Taliban hate America for those very same reasons. We have a functioning democracy, they don't. They want to destroy our freedoms and bring us oppression.

Thoughts?

What is up with you and abusing the poll feature by making every answer biased towards your opinion? Anyways, I don't thinkm Bush was that spectacular, certainly not enough to be compared to Lincoln. Actually, I think Obama is the only relatively competent President we've had in decades, and even he is minor compared to Lincoln.

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:11 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Astrolinium wrote:

And of course: "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.".

I know it's apocryphal, but I just can't resist:
"The problem with the French is that they don't have a word for 'entrepreneur'."
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...

Timegate
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Timegate » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:12 pm

New Heathera wrote:
Timegate wrote:I have been thinking of how similar George Bush and Abraham Lincoln are. We remember Abraham Lincoln as one of the greatest President's who freed the slaves, but most Americans and people around the world think of President Bush very badly. I'd like to put forward the ''Bush-Lincoln Theory, which is the following: In a few decades, George Bush will be remembered in the same exact way Abraham Lincoln is.

Thoughts?

What is up with you and abusing the poll feature by making every answer biased towards your opinion? Anyways, I don't thinkm Bush was that spectacular, certainly not enough to be compared to Lincoln. Actually, I think Obama is the only relatively competent President we've had in decades, and even he is minor compared to Lincoln.

If you disagree with the poll options, then don't vote.
Jon Huntsman 2012

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:12 pm

Timegate wrote:
New Heathera wrote:

The average American voter right here.^^

JuNii
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby JuNii » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:13 pm

*ahem*
Lincoln wrote the Gettysburg Address and the shrub read 'My Pet Goat'. :rofl:

Lincoln was remembered for the Gettysburg Address, a great speech.

Bush will be remembered for all his great examples of Speaking.

* "They misunderestimated me."[9] — Bentonville, Arkansas; November 6, 2000

* "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully."[10] — Saginaw, Michigan; September 29, 2000

* "There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, 'Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again.'"[11] — Nashville, Tennessee; September 17, 2002

* "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country."[12] — Poplar Bluff, Missouri; September 6, 2004

* "One of the things I’ve used on the Google is to pull up maps." - CNBC interview with Maria Bartiromo, October 24, 2006.[13]

* "I'm going to put people in my place, so when the history of this administration is written at least there's an authoritarian voice saying exactly what happened."[14] (Announcing he would write a book about "the 12 toughest decisions" he had to make.)

* "Families is [sic] where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." (dreams take wing) —La Crosse, Wisconsin, October 18, 2000[15]

* "I'm telling you there's an enemy that would like to attack America, Americans, again. There just is. That's the reality of the world. And I wish him all the very best." - Washington, D.C., January 12, 2009[17]

* "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - Washington, D.C., August 5, 2004[18]
on the other hand... I have another set of fingers.

Unscramble these words...1) PNEIS. 2)HTIELR 3) NGGERI 4) BUTTSXE
1) SPINE. 2) LITHER 3)GINGER 4)SUBTEXT

New Heathera
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Heathera » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:14 pm

Timegate wrote:
New Heathera wrote:

What poll? A poll has to have more than one option.

Timegate
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Timegate » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:14 pm

New Heathera wrote:
Timegate wrote:

There are clearly six options to choose from.
Jon Huntsman 2012

JuNii
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby JuNii » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:15 pm

Timegate wrote:
New Heathera wrote:

you do realize, that mods have shut down threads for that reason...
on the other hand... I have another set of fingers.

Unscramble these words...1) PNEIS. 2)HTIELR 3) NGGERI 4) BUTTSXE
1) SPINE. 2) LITHER 3)GINGER 4)SUBTEXT

Radiatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Radiatia » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:15 pm

I heard that George Bush once set himself on fire and started talking to Moses. That's what the "burning bush" was in the Bible.

Timegate
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Timegate » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:16 pm

JuNii wrote:
Timegate wrote:

you do realize, that mods have shut down threads for that reason...

There's a second option now.
Jon Huntsman 2012

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:19 pm

Timegate wrote:
JuNii wrote:you do realize, that mods have shut down threads for that reason...

SIEG HEIL!!!

Wisconsin7
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin7 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:21 pm

Thoughts?

Are any of those 'shrooms up for sale?
R.I.P. 1000 Cats

I am a straight 14 year old male atheistic Communist vegan loner. If you have a problem with any of this, I only request that you stay the fuck away from me. If you have questions about atheism or Communism, ask someone else, because there's a 99% chance they can explain it better. If you have questions about veganism, or are yourself a vegan, send me a TG, because I fear that I am the only one on NSG.

Demons run when a good man goes to war
Night will fall and drown in sun
When a good man goes to war

Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and the dark will rise
When a good man goes to war

Demons run, but count the cost
The battle's won, but the child is lost

Profectu
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Profectu » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:22 pm

Abraham Lincoln helped begin the process of removing xenophobia and rascism from america, George Bush seeded islamaphobia and paranioa throughout america.

Abraham Lincoln was the first republican president, George Bush stripped away any and all dignity the republican party had.

Abraham Lincoln successfully switched america over from an economy based on slavery to one based on freedom, George Bush drove the economy into the ground.

Abraham Lincoln warned us about corporations corrupting government, George Bush created reagen-esque tax-cuts for the wealthy, contributing to the before-mentioned collapse of the economy.

In summary, no, George Bush is not Abraham Lincoln.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination

99% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 1% sitting there with 3D glasses, screaming DO A BACKFLIP! Then copy & paste this into your sig.

Generation 27 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

Canadians have the right to vote in american elections!

Check this out, robots fight dragons

Satire and Mocking
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Satire and Mocking » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:22 pm

Thoughts?

Fo course - just like Bush, LINCOLN was a terrible PREISDENT who murdered the CONSTITUTION with a SHOVEl. >:( >:( >:(

Genivaria wrote:
Timegate wrote:

SIEG HEIL!!!

Um excuse me BUT please TAKE you Nazi crap elsewhere
Libertarian Messianic Jew. Vermonter living in Virginia - a virgin heterosexual state!

Timegate
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Timegate » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:23 pm

Satire and Mocking wrote:

Thoughts?

Fo course - just like Bush, LINCOLN was a terrible PREISDENT who murdered the CONSTITUTION with a SHOVEl. >:( >:( >:(

Silly lieberal. You can't murder things that aren't alive.
Jon Huntsman 2012

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General