NATION

PASSWORD

KONY 2012

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Costa Fiero
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fiero » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:37 pm

Gravlen wrote:Such a social code would of course also include having the person asking the question not dismissing the answer and evidence for the answer out of hand, and refusing to acknowledge the facts.

No, the code goes like this. If someone asks you a question, you should answer it. Very simple stuff.

No, it is not.

The answer is more complicated though, so I'll settle for a "perhaps, I'm not sure".

Quite.
Last edited by Costa Fiero on Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strebedia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Strebedia » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:32 pm

Who cares about Kony? He has already lost the battle against the Ugandan Government. He is now in Congo and the LRA has been defeated. Besides, posting pictures, posters and throwing fliers anywhere isn't going to do anything. If you want to help, actually go down there and get involved. He just wants your donations so that he could use it for himself. Kony is also a scapegoat to give an excuse for the US to drill Ugandan oil. Examples are Iraq and Afghanistan.
CLICK HERE FOR SOME RANDOMNESS
YOU NEED TO SEE THIS THREAD!!! IT'S SO FUNNY!!!
Colony(s)
Vaproda
Kaiserin (Empress): Elizabeth Steiner
Chancellor: Richard von Belcredi
Political Views: Centrist Left-Leaning Democracy
DEFCON 5 4 3 2 1
WARS
Albaie Civil War- Royalist And Strebedian Victory
Great Saravite War- Strebedian And Coalition VIctory
Why can't you follow simple instructions
Getting Away From The Mods
Eaglleia wrote:
The Stupidheads wrote:Says who?

The Mods.

Eaglleia wrote:
The Stupidheads wrote:Who's the Mods?

Never mind.

Vitaphone Racing
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vitaphone Racing » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:44 pm

Strebedia wrote:Who cares about Kony? He has already lost the battle against the Ugandan Government[citation needed]. He is now in Congo[citation needed] and the LRA has been defeated[citation needed]. Besides, posting pictures, posters and throwing fliers anywhere isn't going to do anything[citation needed]. If you want to help, actually go down there and get involved. He just wants your donations so that he could use it for himself[citation needed]. Kony is also a scapegoat to give an excuse for the US to drill Ugandan oil[citation needed]. Examples are Iraq and Afghanistan[citation needed].
Parhe on my Asian-ness.
Parhe wrote:Guess what, maybe you don't know what it is like to be Asian.

ayy lmao

New England and The Maritimes
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New England and The Maritimes » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:56 pm

The guy's voice is so grating. I don't feel like watching it entirely because of that.
All aboard the Love Train. Choo Choo, honeybears. I am Ininiwiyaw Rocopurr:Get in my bed, you perfect human being.
Yesterday's just a memory

Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Some people's opinions are based on rational observations, others base theirs on imaginative thinking. The reality-based community ought not to waste it's time refuting delusions.

Also, Bonobos
Formerly Brandenburg-Altmark Me.

Costa Fiero
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fiero » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:38 pm

New England and The Maritimes wrote:The guy's voice is so grating. I don't feel like watching it entirely because of that.

Not to mention recent controversies would question the guy's credibility.

New England and The Maritimes
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New England and The Maritimes » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:43 pm

Costa Fiero wrote:
New England and The Maritimes wrote:The guy's voice is so grating. I don't feel like watching it entirely because of that.

Not to mention recent controversies would question the guy's credibility.

I'm pretty sure it's a different guy doing the talking, but I don't know on that one. Still, I don't care what the guy does on his off time; listening to him talk is irritating.
All aboard the Love Train. Choo Choo, honeybears. I am Ininiwiyaw Rocopurr:Get in my bed, you perfect human being.
Yesterday's just a memory

Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Some people's opinions are based on rational observations, others base theirs on imaginative thinking. The reality-based community ought not to waste it's time refuting delusions.

Also, Bonobos
Formerly Brandenburg-Altmark Me.

Mon Tarioz
Civilian

Founded: Feb 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mon Tarioz » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:47 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1FKS1SH ... plpp_video

Social media by itself won't stop bad people. Get out there and fix it in person if you care so much about it.

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:48 am

Mon Tarioz wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1FKS1SHSsc&list=FLOr_hTqsK2fDSm_GVs88yVg&index=1&feature=plpp_video

Social media by itself won't stop bad people. Get out there and fix it in person if you care so much about it.

While a direct approach, and face-to-face activism certainly do have their place - 50,000 people running around being uncoordinated but 'busy' at ground zero, is far less effective than a couple of hundred coordinated people funneling the contributed backing of 50,000 people half a world away.
I identify as
a problem

Greater Tezdrian
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Tezdrian » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:00 am

Puppetmaster for Hashemite Arabiyah

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:34 am

Greater Tezdrian wrote:

Ah, reposted pic-spam.

Thank the gods you're here.
I identify as
a problem

Tigeria
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tigeria » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:03 am

He has two choices: surrender or die, this a-hole must be stopped
The planet Trae is an ancient land with a sordid history of globalization, war, kings, and gods. We currently boast 8 Billion in total population with a fair government under checks and balances and a separation of powers.

The current year is 2,017 Post-Omega

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:06 am

Tigeria wrote:He has two choices: surrender or die, this a-hole must be stopped

Possibly a little more complex - the preferred 'victory' condition is probably that he be brought to trial. But, of course, he's got to be located, first.
I identify as
a problem

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General