NATION

PASSWORD

Some questions to the LGBT community

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:02 am

Faolinn wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:
I don't think I did. I do, however, think it was very charitable of you to describe what he had as a 'point'.

Think about it. A pansexual likes men and women. Unless humans were to discover an alien race with functional hermaphrodites, it's kind of pointless to come up with another label. :/

I will admit that it is at least true there have been no intersex people with fully functional male organs and fully functional female organs, but to compare gender ambiguous people to aliens (I know that was not the intention of your post but you need to understand your tone itself is negative) or imply every single one of them could be classified as a man or a woman is insulting.

Whether someone was actually born with biological intersex qualities, or whether they were born biologically as one sex but cannot identify as either, genderqueer identities should be acknowledged.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Faolinn
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Faolinn » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:41 am

But what is genderqueer?No one has explained it.
"And the Gods said down with tyrants and it was good."-Me
One of the religious left.
Research supports cynicism
My ideology.

I support: Deism, Evolution, Pro Choice, Feminism, Environmentalism, Communal Anarchism, Cosmopolitanism, Transcendentalism, Occultism, Anarcho Syndicalism, Mutualism, Legalizing Illegal substances, Sexual Freedom, LGBT Rights, Freedom of Speech

I oppose: Fascism, Objectivism, Determinism, Nihlism, Evangelism, Anarcho Capitalism, Atheism (militant), Conservatism, Monarchy, Totalitarianism,Might = Right, Timocracy, Plutocracy, Oligarchy, Materialism, Creationism, Transhumanism, Legalism, Nationalism, Imperialsm, Racism

I disagree with but have some respect for: Secular Humanism, Agnosticism

Motuka
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 03, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Motuka » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:52 am

Faolinn wrote:But what is genderqueer?No one has explained it.

Ceanniceasdfghl;; did on the last page actually.
World Assembly Personnel: Sandor Kaji ~ Julian Kbitaru

Political compass: Approximately -8 Social/+1 Economic (OOC); -6 Social/+9 Economic (IC) ~ Making Maps [suggestions welcome]

Faolinn
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Faolinn » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:21 am

Not very clearly.It mostly just looked like a list of subdivisions.
Last edited by Faolinn on Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
My ideology.

I support: Deism, Evolution, Pro Choice, Feminism, Environmentalism, Communal Anarchism, Cosmopolitanism, Transcendentalism, Occultism, Anarcho Syndicalism, Mutualism, Legalizing Illegal substances, Sexual Freedom, LGBT Rights, Freedom of Speech

I oppose: Fascism, Objectivism, Determinism, Nihlism, Evangelism, Anarcho Capitalism, Atheism (militant), Conservatism, Monarchy, Totalitarianism,Might = Right, Timocracy, Plutocracy, Oligarchy, Materialism, Creationism, Transhumanism, Legalism, Nationalism, Imperialsm, Racism

Walrusfolk Eurarcta
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Walrusfolk Eurarcta » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:19 pm

Faolinn wrote:Not very clearly.It mostly just looked like a list of subdivisions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex
Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=137019
Seriousness is a Sin to my people! RP-ing a very erratically cultured people, bound to cause conflict somehow. I am RP-ing a race of walrus-people. If you do not like this fact, then just imagine them as jolly fat people with mustaches. It's basically the same thing anyway.
Madness is the Key. Arson should be legalized, and robbing stagecoaches is good for the economy.

ROBOTIC-O-ROTICA
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby ROBOTIC-O-ROTICA » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:30 pm

I think the LGBT community is a fine set of people. Humans. Like you and I.
I think the whole "Get them they're different." Mentality placed in the head of people over the course of thousands of years is bullshit.
ROBOTIC-O-ROTICA: Where the economy can be fixed by screwdrivers.

Man, you people will argue about anything.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:52 pm

Motuka wrote:
Faolinn wrote:But what is genderqueer?No one has explained it.

Ceanniceasdfghl;; did on the last page actually.

So glad my name remains unable to be spelled; It makes me jump in glee.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:52 pm

Faolinn wrote:Not very clearly.It mostly just looked like a list of subdivisions.

That might be because "genderqueer" is a catchall for many different groups of people. You really shouldn't use it to define specifics, but rather the group as a whole.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:57 pm

Faolinn wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:
I don't think I did. I do, however, think it was very charitable of you to describe what he had as a 'point'.

Think about it. A pansexual likes men and women. Unless humans were to discover an alien race with functional hermaphrodites, it's kind of pointless to come up with another label. :/

No, it isn't. As I explained earlier, they are different terms that share similarities. Bisexuals are attracted to both genders and sexes. Pansexuals are attracted to individuals regardless of sex, gender, and even species. Pansexuals, I have heard them described and I adhere to this description, are gender-blind; Unlike other sexualities, they are not so much caring about the gender or sex(ie homosexuals are attracted to the same sex/gender, heterosexuals are attracted to the opposite sex/gender, bisexuals are attracted to both sexes/genders), but rather the individual behind this (ie pansexuals are attracted to geeks, goths, gourds, gryphons, etc)

@}-;-'---

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:39 pm

Flaming Soul Forces wrote:The LGBT community includes homosexuals, bisexuals and transexuals.
The first two groups have to do with sexual orientation

The first three do.
Flaming Soul Forces wrote:1.Why the two issues are put together?

Because this whole thing about sexual and gender identity is an entirely new thing and the more who got on board with it the better. Another theory would be that it was imposed on these people much like people group "Africans" together.
Flaming Soul Forces wrote:2.Why should bisexuals and gays belong to the same community and organisation?

I dunno.
Flaming Soul Forces wrote:3.What is the point of having flags.Heterosexuals don't have flags.Why should we have flags?

Because flags are pretty and kick ass.
Flaming Soul Forces wrote:4.And if flags are needed for some reasons, the current flags were not democratically chosen in a contest but rather just 'prevailed'.So shouldn't there be a new contest with more choices?

Does it really matter?
Flaming Soul Forces wrote:5. What is the purpose of pride parades?

Promote the LGBT cause, have fun, get drunk, etc.
Flaming Soul Forces wrote: It seems to me that the pride parade is something like a carnival, giving the chance to straight people to make fun of LGBT people.

Circuses give the chance for non-clowns to make fun of clowns.
If the knowledge isn't useful, you haven't found the lesson yet. ~Iniika
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Clever, but your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

I accuse your precious law class of statutory rape.

Threlizdun
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Threlizdun » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:02 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:
Faolinn wrote:

No, it isn't. As I explained earlier, they are different terms that share similarities. Bisexuals are attracted to both genders and sexes. Pansexuals are attracted to individuals regardless of sex, gender, and even species. Pansexuals, I have heard them described and I adhere to this description, are gender-blind; Unlike other sexualities, they are not so much caring about the gender or sex(ie homosexuals are attracted to the same sex/gender, heterosexuals are attracted to the opposite sex/gender, bisexuals are attracted to both sexes/genders), but rather the individual behind this (ie pansexuals are attracted to geeks, goths, gourds, gryphons, etc)

Not all pansexuals are necessarily attracted to different species, though there certainly are quite a few that are. Other than that, yes, I would generally have to agree with all that you have said. I do admit though, I often have trouble coming out to others, not because of guilt or fear of persecution, but of how I know that I'd have to explain this yet again.
Buffett and Colbert wrote:
Flaming Soul Forces wrote:The LGBT community includes homosexuals, bisexuals and transexuals.
The first two groups have to do with sexual orientation

The first three do.
Flaming Soul Forces wrote:1.Why the two issues are put together?

Because this whole thing about sexual and gender identity is an entirely new thing and the more who got on board with it the better. Another theory would be that it was imposed on these people much like people group "Africans" together.
Flaming Soul Forces wrote:2.Why should bisexuals and gays belong to the same community and organisation?

I dunno.
Flaming Soul Forces wrote:3.What is the point of having flags.Heterosexuals don't have flags.Why should we have flags?

Flaming Soul Forces wrote:4.And if flags are needed for some reasons, the current flags were not democratically chosen in a contest but rather just 'prevailed'.So shouldn't there be a new contest with more choices?

Does it really matter?
Flaming Soul Forces wrote:5. What is the purpose of pride parades?

Flaming Soul Forces wrote: It seems to me that the pride parade is something like a carnival, giving the chance to straight people to make fun of LGBT people.

:hug: Buffy, how can you make every post so beautiful?
She/they

Communalist, Social Ecologist, Bioregionalist

This site stresses me out, so I rarely come on here anymore. I'll try to be civil and respectful towards those I'm debating on here. If you don't extend the same courtesy then I'll probably just ignore you.

If we've been friendly in the past and you want to keep in touch, shoot me a telegram

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:03 pm

Threlizdun wrote:Not all pansexuals are necessarily attracted to different species, though there certainly are quite a few that are.

Of course not, but the possibility remains open due to the liberated nature of pansexuality.

@}-;-'---

Maurepas
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:07 pm

If you've ever been to Mardi Gras on Bourbon and saw the Westboro Baptist fucks outside the Gaybar with the massive "GOD HATES FAGS!" and "HOMOS GO TO HELL!" etc. posters, you'd get the point of the pride parade that comes later.

Desperate Measures
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Desperate Measures » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:48 pm

Threlizdun wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:No, it isn't. As I explained earlier, they are different terms that share similarities. Bisexuals are attracted to both genders and sexes. Pansexuals are attracted to individuals regardless of sex, gender, and even species. Pansexuals, I have heard them described and I adhere to this description, are gender-blind; Unlike other sexualities, they are not so much caring about the gender or sex(ie homosexuals are attracted to the same sex/gender, heterosexuals are attracted to the opposite sex/gender, bisexuals are attracted to both sexes/genders), but rather the individual behind this (ie pansexuals are attracted to geeks, goths, gourds, gryphons, etc)

Not all pansexuals are necessarily attracted to different species, though there certainly are quite a few that are. Other than that, yes, I would generally have to agree with all that you have said. I do admit though, I often have trouble coming out to others, not because of guilt or fear of persecution, but of how I know that I'd have to explain this yet again.
Buffett and Colbert wrote:
The first three do.

I dunno.

Does it really matter?

:hug: Buffy, how can you make every post so beautiful?

I feel that way a lot. I just go about my business and if I have to really explain everything about me to you, I expect you to buy me a beer first.
"My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music."
- Vladimir Nabokov US (1899 - 1977)
Also, me.
“Man has such a predilection for systems and abstract deductions that he is ready to distort the truth intentionally, he is ready to deny the evidence of his senses only to justify his logic”
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky Russian Novelist and Writer, 1821-1881
"All Clock Faces Are Wrong." - Gene Ray, Prophet(?) http://www.timecube.com
A simplified maxim on the subject states "An atheist would say, 'I don't believe God exists'; an agnostic would say, 'I don't know whether or not God exists'; and an ignostic would say, 'I don't know what you mean when you say, "God exists" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignosticism

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:55 pm

Threlizdun wrote: :hug: Buffy, how can you make every post so beautiful?

It's the glitter. Adds that extra shine.
If the knowledge isn't useful, you haven't found the lesson yet. ~Iniika
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Clever, but your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

I accuse your precious law class of statutory rape.

Distruzio
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 28, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Distruzio » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:58 pm

Faolinn wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:

Not at all. A pansexual is attracted to the individual, NOT the gender. It isn't about liking men and women, its about not giving a damn if one is not the other. A bisexual is attracted to either men or women. This says nothing about any of the other genders which are slowly becoming more known in the public eye.
Last edited by Distruzio on Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eastern Orthodox Christian
Christ is King
Glorify Him

capitalism is not natural
secularism is not neutral
liberalism is not tolerant

Faolinn
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Faolinn » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:15 am

Distruzio wrote:
Faolinn wrote:

Not at all. A pansexual is attracted to the individual, NOT the gender. It isn't about liking men and women, its about not giving a damn if one is not the other. A bisexual is attracted to either men or women. This says nothing about any of the other genders which are slowly becoming more known in the public eye.

I'm somewhat offended that you suggest that us heterosexuals are not attracted personalities. I am specifically attracted to women, but I cannot love a woman who I do not love the personality of as well.
Last edited by Faolinn on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
My ideology.

Distruzio
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 28, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Distruzio » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:44 am

Faolinn wrote:
Distruzio wrote:

I'm somewhat offended that you suggest that us heterosexuals are not attracted personalities. I am specifically attracted to women, but I cannot love a woman who I do not love the personality of as well.

If you identify hetero-, then the FIRST thing you attend is the gender of the person you are looking at. If you are pan-, you do not.
Eastern Orthodox Christian
Christ is King
Glorify Him

capitalism is not natural
secularism is not neutral
liberalism is not tolerant

Faolinn
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Faolinn » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:49 am

That term I identify seems strange to me. I don't "identify as".I am.

Also, I don't imagine a bisexual would. They like both so why would they?
Last edited by Faolinn on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
My ideology.

Ifreann
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:06 am

Grave_n_idle wrote:
Ifreann wrote:Curse those queers and their godless understanding of which number is bigger.

Math is gay.

It's like numerical orgy soup. Bi-sect this. Tri-angle that.

Jesus would not have approved.

Does the Bible mention trigonometry? You're damn right it doesn't. Because trig is the Devil's work!

Walrusfolk Eurarcta wrote:1. Yeah. Even being in the whole LGBT thing, I must say that we're killing ourselves by trying to be more inclusive. It's gone from LGB to LGBT to LGBTQA... I'm not saying that inclusion is wrong, but this acronym is getting ridiculous. I'm not joking, I saw a poster at my college that sported "LGBTQA-" and then about 20 other letters (including like 3 'A's). This acronym is just silly now.

Silly acronyms are the best acronyms.
He/Him

beating the devil
we never run from the devil
we never summon the devil
we never hide from from the devil
we never

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General