NATION

PASSWORD

The M Word

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
User avatar
Yootwopia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7866
Founded: Aug 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yootwopia » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:33 pm

Four-sided Triangles wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:2. Because objectification of the oppressed class encourages and magnifies oppression. Objectification of a non-oppressed class does no such thing.

Only wank over pictures of guys, got it.
Technically a Polanski.

User avatar
Saint Jade IV
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5663
Founded: Jul 02, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saint Jade IV » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:33 pm

Gladia wrote:I'm still wondering why it is that, on average, men are sentenced to 40% more time then women1, and that women don't have to register for selective service2. Riddle me that FST.


1. Because of the sexist belief that women are more emotionally fragile and delicate than men, and therefore have less control of themselves.

2. Because of the rather sexist belief that women are the weaker sex and are in need of male protection.
When you grow up, your heart dies.
It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of him was one kind of son of a b*tch or another.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realise you're wrong.
Whenever someone says "I'm not book smart, but I'm street smart", all I hear is "I'm not real smart, but I'm imaginary smart".

User avatar
Unilisia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11927
Founded: May 17, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Unilisia » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:33 pm

Four-sided Triangles wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:1. Why? How are women the oppressed class?
2. Why?


1. Because it's a patriarchy, not a matriarchy.

2. Because objectification of the oppressed class encourages and magnifies oppression. Objectification of a non-oppressed class does no such thing.


I don't feel objectified when my boyfriend masturbates. Pretty sure most girls just don't give a shit.
Don't pester me.

Tiami wrote:I bow before the mighty Uni.

Lackadaisical2 wrote:If it shocked Uni, I know I don't want to read it.
You win.

Kylarnatia wrote:Steep hill + wheelchair + my lap - I think we know where that goes ;)

Katganistan wrote:That is fucking stupid.

L Ron Cupboard wrote:He appears to be propelling himself out of the flames with explosive diarrhea while his mother does jazz hands.

Mike the Progressive wrote:Because women are gods, men are pigs, and we, the males, deserve to all be castrated.

Neo Arcad wrote:Uni doesn't sleep. She waits.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:Collector: "Why are these coins all sticky?"

User avatar
Azrael
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7884
Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Azrael » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:33 pm

Four-sided Triangles wrote:1. Because it's a patriarchy, not a matriarchy.

Uh-oh. Sexist FST quote time!
If nothing exists, where did this anger come from?

User avatar
Four-sided Triangles
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5537
Founded: Aug 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Four-sided Triangles » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:34 pm

Dyakovo wrote: :palm: Just because someone masturbates does not .mean they are addicted to sex.


Sex is like heroine. Any use is abuse.
This is why gay marriage will destroy American families.
Gays are made up of gaytrinos and they interact via faggons, which are massless spin 2 particles. They're massless because gays care so much about their weight, and have spin 2, cause that's as much spin as particles can get, and liberals love spin. The exchange of spin 2 particles creates an attractive force between objects, which is why gays are so promiscuous. When gays get "settle down" into a lower energy state by marrying, they release faggon particles in the form of gaydiation. Everyone is a little bit gay, so every human body has some gaytrinos in it, meaning that the gaydiation could cause straight people to be attracted to gays and choose to turn gay.

User avatar
Azrael
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7884
Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Azrael » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:35 pm

Four-sided Triangles wrote:
Dyakovo wrote: :palm: Just because someone masturbates does not .mean they are addicted to sex.


Sex is like heroine. Any use is abuse.

Unless its medicinal.
Wat?
If nothing exists, where did this anger come from?

User avatar
Bottan
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Anarchy

The M Word

Postby Bottan » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:35 pm

Four-sided Triangles wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:And gay men.

And how do you counter this?


First, since women are the oppressed class, objectifying women is qualitatively different than objectifying men.

Second, objectifying men as also not great, but it's nowhere near as bad as the former.

So are you saying that if you were living in say some African tribes or ones in south Asia where men are or were historically the "oppressed" class you would be arguing against women masturbating instead of men?

User avatar
Desperate Measures
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9842
Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Desperate Measures » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:35 pm

Four-sided Triangles wrote:
Dyakovo wrote: :palm: Just because someone masturbates does not .mean they are addicted to sex.


Sex is like heroine. Any use is abuse.

It seems like you're addicted to our responses to your anti-sex stance. This is healthy?
"My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music."
- Vladimir Nabokov US (1899 - 1977)
Also, me.
“Man has such a predilection for systems and abstract deductions that he is ready to distort the truth intentionally, he is ready to deny the evidence of his senses only to justify his logic”
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky Russian Novelist and Writer, 1821-1881
"All Clock Faces Are Wrong." - Gene Ray, Prophet(?) http://www.timecube.com
A simplified maxim on the subject states "An atheist would say, 'I don't believe God exists'; an agnostic would say, 'I don't know whether or not God exists'; and an ignostic would say, 'I don't know what you mean when you say, "God exists" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignosticism

User avatar
Gladia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 607
Founded: Nov 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Gladia » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:35 pm

Saint Jade IV wrote:
Gladia wrote:I'm still wondering why it is that, on average, men are sentenced to 40% more time then women1, and that women don't have to register for selective service2. Riddle me that FST.


1. Because of the sexist belief that women are more emotionally fragile and delicate than men, and therefore have less control of themselves.

2. Because of the rather sexist belief that women are the weaker sex and are in need of male protection.


1: So, what's commonly a male judge sentencing a male to more prison time is because of sexism? So much for a patriarchy.

2: So how does this oppress women? It favors them, not puts them at a disadvantage.

User avatar
Unilisia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11927
Founded: May 17, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Unilisia » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:35 pm

Four-sided Triangles wrote:
Dyakovo wrote: :palm: Just because someone masturbates does not .mean they are addicted to sex.


Sex is like heroine. Any use is abuse.


So you're saying someone who has sex once is physically and mentally incapable of not having sex ever again ?
Don't pester me.

Tiami wrote:I bow before the mighty Uni.

Lackadaisical2 wrote:If it shocked Uni, I know I don't want to read it.
You win.

Kylarnatia wrote:Steep hill + wheelchair + my lap - I think we know where that goes ;)

Katganistan wrote:That is fucking stupid.

L Ron Cupboard wrote:He appears to be propelling himself out of the flames with explosive diarrhea while his mother does jazz hands.

Mike the Progressive wrote:Because women are gods, men are pigs, and we, the males, deserve to all be castrated.

Neo Arcad wrote:Uni doesn't sleep. She waits.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:Collector: "Why are these coins all sticky?"

User avatar
Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator
 
Posts: 22574
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Katganistan » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:35 pm

Four-sided Triangles wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Women also masturbate.


Nowhere near as much as men.

And your source for this statement is....?
Last edited by Katganistan on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2377&start=0 viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2378 Kat, I am your father! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=20811
Kat: "What crime am I to be charged with?"
Sgt Toomey: "Being off the market and denying the many legions of Katganifans the chance to hope they will be the next to be putty in your Katganihands. Sorry. Just Hammasturbating."

Ahhhhh. look at all the Statesy people....
In the Beginning...
The Skeptic's Elite
Katganistan can!
My Little Nations

The Hivemind... isn't. Your mileage may vary.

User avatar
Yootwopia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7866
Founded: Aug 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yootwopia » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:35 pm

Gladia wrote:I'm still wondering why it is that, on average, men are sentenced to 40% more time then women

Because of the correct opinion that they commit more crimes, and the flawed solution of longer incarceration as some kind of deterrent.
and that women don't have to register for selective service. Riddle me that FST.

I would say that this is less oppressive than significantly decreased lifetime earnings and a cultural hegemony that largely relies on sniping at women to advertise to them but let's move on from this.
Technically a Polanski.

User avatar
Idaho Conservatives
Minister
 
Posts: 3026
Founded: Jul 27, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Idaho Conservatives » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:36 pm

Four-sided Triangles wrote:
Dyakovo wrote: :palm: Just because someone masturbates does not .mean they are addicted to sex.


Sex is like heroine. Any use is abuse.


You mean heroin? Or are you talking about women here? ;)
Last edited by Idaho Conservatives on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way" --General George S. Patton

If You're A Fellow Ham, TG me!!!
KF7LCE

User avatar
Norstal
Post Czar
 
Posts: 38156
Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Norstal » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:36 pm

Four-sided Triangles wrote:
Dyakovo wrote: :palm: Just because someone masturbates does not .mean they are addicted to sex.


Sex is like heroine. Any use is abuse.

And why is that bad?

We compulsively "abuse" posting on an online forum every time, as shown by my almost 20k posts.
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★


New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.


IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10


NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.



Secretly a room full of NSA interns tasked with stomping out negative views of the US. We're watching you too, Caninope.

User avatar
1000 Cats
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5510
Founded: Jul 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:36 pm

Four-sided Triangles wrote:Yes, this is about masturbation. Does anybody agree with me that masturbation is a sexist activity that involves the objectification of women?

Women masturbate. Gay men masturbate. Zoos masturbate too. Additionally, there does not necessarily need to be a visual or mental stimulus to masturbate. When I started masturbating, I had no idea what it even was; it just felt damn good.

Does anybody else find the excuse that men "need" sex in the same way we need food to be laughably pathetic?

Not laughably pathetic, but not correct either. Then again, I know few who would say they need sex as much as food.

1. Masturbation involves thoughts 99% of the time. These thoughts are sexual. If a heterosexual male masturbates, does this not involve him objectifying women within his mind? How do we know that this won't lead to worse consequences later on? If he can masturbate and therefore objectify fantasy women, how long is it before he objectifies real women? How long is it until he rationalizes and excuses date rape? Where does it stop?

Is this a confession, Herr Triangles, that you masturbate enough that you know from personal experience how often it involves objectifying thought? If not, from where did you get this information? Incidentally, when I masturbated, I enjoyed thinking about tactile stimulation that was not intrinsically sexual more than I did pink bits. We know this doesn't lead to worse consequences later on because even very young children masturbate in a fashion. It can actually be expected.

2. Do humans "need" sexual "release" in any meaningful way? I don't know, that one sounds like bullshit to me.

Most do, in the same way they need social release, love, and goals in life. Sex does a lot for both our minds and bodies; it's one of the most personally complex things we engage in.
Your friendly neighborhood zoophile. I'm here to answer questions. Also, we have a region: Zoo!

Norstal wrote:You are a hatiater: one who radiates hate.


Meryuma wrote:No one is more of a cat person than 1000 Cats!


FST wrote:Any sexual desires which can be satiated within a healthy and consensual way should be freed from shame. Bizarre kinks and fetishes are acceptable and nothing to be ashamed of as long as they are acted out in a context where everyone consents and no one is hurt.
Factbook/Q&A | RP | Conlang | Short Story

User avatar
Gladia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 607
Founded: Nov 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Gladia » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:36 pm

Four-sided Triangles wrote:
Dyakovo wrote: :palm: Just because someone masturbates does not .mean they are addicted to sex.


Sex is like heroine. Any use is abuse.


I'm sorry, but ejaculation is entirely natural and healthy. It's been proven to increase your health, and if you're not taking out the old semen, your body is going to do it for you. It is not abuse by any standard.

User avatar
Four-sided Triangles
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5537
Founded: Aug 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Four-sided Triangles » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:36 pm

Unilisia wrote:I don't feel objectified when my boyfriend masturbates.


Lot's of blacks in the old south didn't have a problem with slavery.
This is why gay marriage will destroy American families.
Gays are made up of gaytrinos and they interact via faggons, which are massless spin 2 particles. They're massless because gays care so much about their weight, and have spin 2, cause that's as much spin as particles can get, and liberals love spin. The exchange of spin 2 particles creates an attractive force between objects, which is why gays are so promiscuous. When gays get "settle down" into a lower energy state by marrying, they release faggon particles in the form of gaydiation. Everyone is a little bit gay, so every human body has some gaytrinos in it, meaning that the gaydiation could cause straight people to be attracted to gays and choose to turn gay.

User avatar
Dyakovo
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 60643
Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dyakovo » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:36 pm

Four-sided Triangles wrote:
Dyakovo wrote: :palm: Just because someone masturbates does not .mean they are addicted to sex.


Sex is like heroine. Any use is abuse.

No, I can honestly say that sex is nothing like heroin.
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...__________________________________Married to Koshka____________________________________OSRS
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
I'm an atheist. Don't get confused about that when I argue against other atheists when they misuse words.

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME TGs. MODERATORS READ YOUR TGs WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION.

User avatar
Nightkill the Emperor
P2TM Mentor
 
Posts: 75393
Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:37 pm

Four-sided Triangles wrote:
Dyakovo wrote: :palm: Just because someone masturbates does not .mean they are addicted to sex.


Sex is like heroine. Any use is abuse.

No, sex and heroin are very different.
Now a Mentor, in defiance of peace and sanity. TG me if you need roleplay help.
Agri, watch Community.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

User avatar
Yootwopia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7866
Founded: Aug 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yootwopia » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:37 pm

Four-sided Triangles wrote:
Unilisia wrote:I don't feel objectified when my boyfriend masturbates.


Lot's of blacks in the old south didn't have a problem with slavery.

What.
Technically a Polanski.

User avatar
Gladia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 607
Founded: Nov 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Gladia » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:37 pm

Four-sided Triangles wrote:
Unilisia wrote:I don't feel objectified when my boyfriend masturbates.


Lot's of blacks in the old south didn't have a problem with slavery.


...

Apparently, masturbation equals slavery.
Last edited by Gladia on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Norstal
Post Czar
 
Posts: 38156
Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Norstal » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:37 pm

Norstal wrote:
Four-sided Triangles wrote:
First, since women are the oppressed class, objectifying women is qualitatively different than objectifying men.

That implies women are lesser than men. Though they might be oppressed, objectifying women should be no different than objectifying men.

Me masturbating (and hence objectifying if we are to assume your thesis) to the Jews in concentration camps during the 1940s doesn't make me masturbating to the Germans any different during the same time period.

I'm reposting this. Objectifying an oppressed class isn't different in any way than objectifying the suppressing class.
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★


New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.


IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10


NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.



Secretly a room full of NSA interns tasked with stomping out negative views of the US. We're watching you too, Caninope.

User avatar
Nightkill the Emperor
P2TM Mentor
 
Posts: 75393
Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:37 pm

Four-sided Triangles wrote:
Unilisia wrote:I don't feel objectified when my boyfriend masturbates.


Lot's of blacks in the old south didn't have a problem with slavery.

In the United States, women aren't enslaved on average, unless she's into that.
Last edited by Nightkill the Emperor on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Now a Mentor, in defiance of peace and sanity. TG me if you need roleplay help.
Agri, watch Community.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

User avatar
Nadkor
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11757
Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nadkor » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:38 pm

Gladia wrote:
Saint Jade IV wrote:
1. Because of the sexist belief that women are more emotionally fragile and delicate than men, and therefore have less control of themselves.

2. Because of the rather sexist belief that women are the weaker sex and are in need of male protection.


1: So, what's commonly a male judge sentencing a male to more prison time is because of sexism? So much for a patriarchy.


It's not so much that a male judge is sentencing a male to more prison time, it's that the male judge is sentencing females to less prison time, because he things the little women probably just got a but upset or confused or something and just didn't know what she was doing.

Some good defence lawyers may also play on this.

2: So how does this oppress women? It favors them, not puts them at a disadvantage.


Whether or not it oppresses anyone has little to no bearing on whether or not the motivation is sexist.
economic left/right: -7.38, social libertarian/authoritarian: -7.59
thekidswhopoptodaywillrocktomorrow
female♀
I think we need more post-coital and less post-rock
Feels like the build-up takes forever but you never get me off

User avatar
Ragnarsdomr
Minister
 
Posts: 2083
Founded: Sep 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ragnarsdomr » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:38 pm

Four-sided Triangles wrote:
Unilisia wrote:I don't feel objectified when my boyfriend masturbates.


Lot's of blacks in the old south didn't have a problem with slavery.


Neither did lots of Slavs in the Kul system with the Ottomans, seeing as they could achieve great wealth and power. What's your point? Last time I checked, the majority of women were not bought and sold as commodities anymore in the western world. Hasn't been that way for some time, really.
Economic Left/Right: 0.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.82

Conservative Morality wrote:By accepting yourself and who you are. Accept violence. Accept aggression. Accept dominance. Not as a man, but as a human. Accept conflict, and find a place for it in life. Neither deny nor revel in it. Revel in one thing and one thing only: humanity. What higher goal is there, after all? Embrace who you are, what you are, and what you can be. Throw off the shackles of shame, refuse self-loathing, refuse misandry, refuse misogyny, refuse misanthropy, instead, love what you are. Love mankind, love man and woman, and love yourself.

PreviousNext

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Angleter, Avenio, Chedastan, Chernoslavia, Dalbania, Degenerate Heart of HetRio, Dejanic, Destrovia, Divair2, Duvniask, Dyakovo, Exabot [Bot], Gauthier, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Great Nepal, greed and death, Gun Manufacturers, Jaslandia, Jinos, Kennedius, Lemanrussland, Llamalandia, Monkeykind, Northwest Slobovia, Notnormalgirl, Oaledonia, Occupied Deutschland, Pandect, Pariah, Rabbidskiya Republika, Sebtopiaris, Sediczja, Sharko Federation, The Emerald Dragon, The High Tatras, Washington Resistance Army, Zaldakki

Remove ads