NATION

PASSWORD

Gandhi Was Racist Towards Blacks

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
User avatar
Reactionary Vanguard
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 52
Founded: Nov 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Gandhi Was Racist Towards Blacks

Postby Reactionary Vanguard » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:40 am

Pacifists and liberals worldwide love to tell about the grand accomplishments of Gandhi through non-violence and what an all around great guy he was.

HOWEVER

In South Africa Gandhi was fighting discrimination against his fellow Indians, but not the native Africans, whom he reffed to as Kaffirs, which was the local racial slur for black people. Here are some fun racist Gandhi quotes:

“A general belief seems to prevail in the colony that the Indians are little better, if at all, than the savages or natives of Africa. Even the children are taught to believe in that manner, with the result that the Indian is being dragged down to the position of a raw Kaffir.”
(Reference: The Collected Works of Mahatma Gandhi, Government of India (CWMG), Vol I, p. 150)

Regarding forcible registration with the state of blacks:
“One can understand the necessity for registration of Kaffirs who will not work.” (Reference: CWMG, Vol I, p. 105)

“Why, of all places in Johannesburg, the Indian Location should be chosen for dumping down all the Kaffirs of the town passes my comprehension…the Town Council must withdraw the Kaffirs from the Location.” (Reference: CWMG, Vol I, pp. 244-245)

His description of black inmates:
“Only a degree removed from the animal.”
"Kaffirs are as a rule uncivilized – the convicts even more so. They are troublesome, very dirty and live almost like animals.” – Mar. 7, 1908 (Reference: CWMG, Vol VIII, pp. 135-136)

Oh, and, don't freak out pacifists, but:

During a prayer speech: “If we had the atom bomb, we would have used it against
the British.” – June 16, 1947 (Reference: Gandhi’s “The Last Phase”, Vol II, p. 326)

Gandhi was a RACIST!

So promote Peace and Tolerance with Gandhis face, while fucking for virginity. We do approve of his fanboyism for Fascist Italy though Image

Image

Now you know!

User avatar
Conserative Morality
Post Czar
 
Posts: 45674
Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:42 am

Gandhi wrote:I do not want to see the allies defeated. But I do not consider Hitler to be as bad as he is depicted. He is showing an ability that is amazing and seems to be gaining his victories without much bloodshed. Englishmen are showing the strength that Empire builders must have. I expect them to rise much higher than they seem to be doing.

Not that I'm a fan of his methods to begin with.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Sexiest NSer Finalist. Winner of the NS Silver Medal for debating. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist
CM's Doodles and Poetry! And my DA account. An NS Writing Discussion Blog is alive again?

User avatar
The Murtunian Tribes
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6919
Founded: Oct 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Murtunian Tribes » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:43 am

Shocking news is not so shocking. Shocking news at 10.

User avatar
Kalysk
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7049
Founded: Jun 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalysk » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:50 am

Oh boy, this thread sure is getting off to a great start.
Economic Left/Right: -5.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.54
Rhodmhire wrote:Kalysk you are a total fucking bro for professing your love (of Erasure)

ruuuruuu~

User avatar
Unilisia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11941
Founded: May 17, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Unilisia » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:53 am

Conserative Morality wrote:
Gandhi wrote:I do not want to see the allies defeated. But I do not consider Hitler to be as bad as he is depicted. He is showing an ability that is amazing and seems to be gaining his victories without much bloodshed. Englishmen are showing the strength that Empire builders must have. I expect them to rise much higher than they seem to be doing.

Not that I'm a fan of his methods to begin with.


8)
I am the mighty Uni.

Tiami wrote:I bow before the mighty Uni.

Lackadaisical2 wrote:If it shocked Uni, I know I don't want to read it.
You win.

Kylarnatia wrote:Steep hill + wheelchair + my lap - I think we know where that goes ;)

Katganistan wrote:That is fucking stupid.

L Ron Cupboard wrote:He appears to be propelling himself out of the flames with explosive diarrhea while his mother does jazz hands.

Mike the Progressive wrote:Because women are gods, men are pigs, and we, the males, deserve to all be castrated.

Neo Arcad wrote:Uni doesn't sleep. She waits.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:Collector: "Why are these coins all sticky?"

User avatar
Reactionary Vanguard
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 52
Founded: Nov 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Reactionary Vanguard » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:55 am

Red Indos wrote:Only a great man wishes to nuke the British.



And realizes how good apartheid was :D

User avatar
Ailiailia
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18403
Founded: Jul 20, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ailiailia » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:56 am

Gandhi was a complex person who didn't hide his own contradictions. He can be respected for what he achieved; I think that outweighs whatever harm his sometimes wacky statements might have done.
Also, oloroso.
My name is voiced AIL-EE-AIL-EE-AH. My time zone: UTC.
Enadail wrote:So wait, if I started calling my friend Mike's golfing "illegal golfing", it'd be illegal even without violating any laws? AWESOME!

Cannot think of a name wrote:"Where's my immortality?" will be the new "Where's my jetpack?"

Goodbye NSG. Thanks for the good times :)
Remaining ambitions: start Age Threads (next in August 2014), make F7 Haiku thread my most-posted-to.

User avatar
Cromarty
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6198
Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cromarty » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:58 am

Who gives a shit?
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

User avatar
Ailiailia
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18403
Founded: Jul 20, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ailiailia » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:59 am

Cromarty wrote:Who gives a shit?


The OP apparently.

Or perhaps his real target is "pacifists and liberals" ...
Also, oloroso.
My name is voiced AIL-EE-AIL-EE-AH. My time zone: UTC.
Enadail wrote:So wait, if I started calling my friend Mike's golfing "illegal golfing", it'd be illegal even without violating any laws? AWESOME!

Cannot think of a name wrote:"Where's my immortality?" will be the new "Where's my jetpack?"

Goodbye NSG. Thanks for the good times :)
Remaining ambitions: start Age Threads (next in August 2014), make F7 Haiku thread my most-posted-to.

User avatar
Conserative Morality
Post Czar
 
Posts: 45674
Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:00 am

Cromarty wrote:Who gives a shit?

People who are tired of hearing Gandhi paraded around like a saint?
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Sexiest NSer Finalist. Winner of the NS Silver Medal for debating. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist
CM's Doodles and Poetry! And my DA account. An NS Writing Discussion Blog is alive again?

User avatar
Gauntleted Fist
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10019
Founded: Aug 17, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby Gauntleted Fist » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:01 am

Conserative Morality wrote:
Cromarty wrote:Who gives a shit?

People who are tired of hearing Gandhi paraded around like a saint?

Well, he wasn't, so who gives a fuck? Just ignore whoever it is. He was just some Indian who had a powerful hatred for the British (Which is probably quite like a lot of them.) and just enough charisma to get some other people to do things for him.

User avatar
Conserative Morality
Post Czar
 
Posts: 45674
Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:02 am

Gauntleted Fist wrote:Well, he wasn't, so who gives a fuck? Just ignore whoever it is. He was just some Indian who had a powerful hatred for the British (Which is probably quite like a lot of them.) and just enough charisma to get some other people to do things for him.

Some people have a little more respect for history than "Oh, he was just some guy!"

Some people have a little more respect for the effects of powerful symbols than "Who cares what he really did?"

:roll:
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Sexiest NSer Finalist. Winner of the NS Silver Medal for debating. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist
CM's Doodles and Poetry! And my DA account. An NS Writing Discussion Blog is alive again?

User avatar
Creative Vikings
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10832
Founded: Jun 30, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Creative Vikings » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:05 am

Cromarty wrote:Who gives a shit?

Obviously you do, because you had the motavtion to post


Soylent Green is treacle
I also artthreadthreadTHREAD
RYM


User avatar
Dracoria
Minister
 
Posts: 3482
Founded: Oct 26, 2011
Capitalizt

Postby Dracoria » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:05 am

I get kind of tired of people only talking about how great Gandhi was too. He's only remembered by the world at large for the good things he did for the Indian people (at least, the non-Muslim ones), instead of some of the other crap he did while he was alive. Nobody's perfect, and I get irritated when a large number of people think someone was - especially when there's evidence to the contrary.
Also, chocobos.

I show solidarity with the Tea Party by drinking more tea.
I show solidarity with Occupy Wall Street by painting my toilet as a police cruiser.

User avatar
Toronina
Senator
 
Posts: 4046
Founded: Oct 06, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Toronina » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:06 am

Conserative Morality wrote:
Gauntleted Fist wrote:Well, he wasn't, so who gives a fuck? Just ignore whoever it is. He was just some Indian who had a powerful hatred for the British (Which is probably quite like a lot of them.) and just enough charisma to get some other people to do things for him.

Some people have a little more respect for history than "Oh, he was just some guy!"

Some people have a little more respect for the effects of powerful symbols than "Who cares what he really did?"

:roll:

:clap: :bow: :!:
[/color] Dividing by Zero is fun! Proud member of BCA [/color]Ulfric Stormcloak would look both Bada** and Fabulous wearing Lingerie Economic Left/Right: -5.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.64
Scamvidia wrote:
Luziyca wrote:How many ermagerds can an ermagerd ermagerd if an ermagerd ermageds ermageds?

Exactly 762.1270425
Church on NSG's Offical Blue Team
Umbra Ac Silentium wrote:
Toronina wrote:It's okay, we still love you Umbra


;~; no you don't don't lie to me this relationship is over
Other Thafoo wrote:
Stagnant Axon Terminal wrote:My allergies are a really dumb STD?

Or your body producing way too much histamine because you went around having sex with everything you saw.

User avatar
Rotovia-
Diplomat
 
Posts: 547
Founded: Jun 02, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Rotovia- » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:09 am

Gandhi was a racists, a sexist, an abuser of women, potentially a pedophile, and many other heinous things. This isn't news to myself as liberal and a pacifist.

I find it interesting you would assume that someone who identifies with liberalism and pacifism would lack an understanding of historical figures.

User avatar
Creative Vikings
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10832
Founded: Jun 30, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Creative Vikings » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:09 am

Dracoria wrote:I get kind of tired of people only talking about how great Gandhi was too. He's only remembered by the world at large for the good things he did for the Indian people (at least, the non-Muslim ones), instead of some of the other crap he did while he was alive. Nobody's perfect, and I get irritated when a large number of people think someone was - especially when there's evidence to the contrary.

Then again, imagine a world where history is full of people remembered purely for their negative contributions to Humanity.


Soylent Green is treacle
I also artthreadthreadTHREAD
RYM


User avatar
West Failure
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1611
Founded: Jun 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby West Failure » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:09 am

This is nothing new. You would have to be pretty naive or stupid to believe that 'heroes' from history don't have feet of clay. That doesn't mean that they should be condemned or the good parts should not be celebrated.
Yootwopia wrote:
Folder Land wrote:But why do religious conservatives have more power in the States but not so much power in the UK that still has a state church?

Because our country is better than yours.

User avatar
Dracoria
Minister
 
Posts: 3482
Founded: Oct 26, 2011
Capitalizt

Postby Dracoria » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:11 am

Creative Vikings wrote:
Dracoria wrote:I get kind of tired of people only talking about how great Gandhi was too. He's only remembered by the world at large for the good things he did for the Indian people (at least, the non-Muslim ones), instead of some of the other crap he did while he was alive. Nobody's perfect, and I get irritated when a large number of people think someone was - especially when there's evidence to the contrary.

Then again, imagine a world where history is full of people remembered purely for their negative contributions to Humanity.


Now now, many elected leaders are. :)
Also, chocobos.

I show solidarity with the Tea Party by drinking more tea.
I show solidarity with Occupy Wall Street by painting my toilet as a police cruiser.

User avatar
Maineiacs
Senator
 
Posts: 3714
Founded: May 26, 2005
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Maineiacs » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:11 am

Ailiailia wrote:
Cromarty wrote:Who gives a shit?


The OP apparently.

Or perhaps his real target is "pacifists and liberals" ...



Perhaps? Please, the entire OP was little more than thinly-veiled flamebait. No one is saying that Ghandi was perfect. He never claimed to be. I certainly don't condone these statements of his, but this doesn't mean that nothing he did was of any value.
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

User avatar
Creative Vikings
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10832
Founded: Jun 30, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Creative Vikings » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:11 am

West Failure wrote:This is nothing new. You would have to be pretty naive or stupid to believe that 'heroes' from history don't have feet of clay. That doesn't mean that they should be condemned or the good parts should not be celebrated.

:clap: Exactly. Only refer to people in history when the point you are discussing is relevant


Soylent Green is treacle
I also artthreadthreadTHREAD
RYM


User avatar
Povos do Mar
Envoy
 
Posts: 339
Founded: Nov 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Povos do Mar » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:12 am

These quotes are often copied and pasted to various places, having not read the sources or researched the legitimacy of the sources I couldn't say whether they were said or not. But that doesn't matter.
If there is a perceived good ideal people can attempt to emulate, be it Ghandi's, Buddha's, Muhammad's, Mary's or anybody else's, then I think that can lead people to do good things. I think a lot of people might argue that some peaceful ideologies have brought violence, but if one is going to intentionally perverse a peaceful message then I think they should have expected violence from that individual regardless of ideology.

User avatar
Utopia FTW
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1530
Founded: Mar 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Utopia FTW » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:16 am

He also slept naked with young girls. So what?
Squeeze me tightly and I'll fart politely

User avatar
Creative Vikings
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10832
Founded: Jun 30, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Creative Vikings » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:17 am

Dracoria wrote:
Creative Vikings wrote:Then again, imagine a world where history is full of people remembered purely for their negative contributions to Humanity.


Now now, many elected leaders are. :)

Oooh, saucer of milk to table three you sly feline


Soylent Green is treacle
I also artthreadthreadTHREAD
RYM


User avatar
Reactionary Vanguard
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 52
Founded: Nov 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Reactionary Vanguard » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:17 am

Maineiacs wrote:
Ailiailia wrote:
The OP apparently.

Or perhaps his real target is "pacifists and liberals" ...



Perhaps? Please, the entire OP was little more than thinly-veiled flamebait. No one is saying that Ghandi was perfect. He never claimed to be. I certainly don't condone these statements of his, but this doesn't mean that nothing he did was of any value.



I agree. Now Indians under any form of persecution across the globe knows that they should never have to suffer the indignity of being compared to a black person

Next

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alruniea, Alyakia, Apparatchikstan, Benshir, Bonnaful, Caford and Galloway, Communal Ecotopia, Couasia, Cu Math, Evil Grantica, Exabot [Bot], Gauthier, Grinning Dragon, Ifreann, Kanery, Lancaster of Wessex, Lingang, Lucius Valentine, Montevallinia, Nanatsu no Tsuki, Napkiraly, NeoTarakia, Occupied Deutschland, Othelos, Persivis, Planeia, Puerto Tyranus, Putin And Obamas Love Child, Ratateague, Silent Majority, Stagnant Axon Terminal, Tekania, The Alma Mater, The Amarican Empire, The Electronic Future, The Elite German Empire, The Flood, The New Sea Territory, The Romulan Republic, The Serbian Empire, Tuthina, UED, United States Of Devonta, Viritica, Washington Resistance Army, Yahoo [Bot], Zoboyizakoplayoklot

Remove ads