NATION

PASSWORD

Obligatory "Fox News Is Evil" Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:12 pm

deleted
Last edited by Neutraligon on Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:28 pm

Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:29 pm

I went and searched for it myself. Seriously whatever happened to journalistic ethics.
Just A Little though

New England and The Maritimes
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New England and The Maritimes » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:32 pm

Neutraligon wrote:

I went and searched for it myself. Seriously whatever happened to journalistic ethics.

They never existed. The Spanish-American war was started in part because of two newspaper owners attempting to one-up each other by making up ridiculous stories about the 1895 war in Cuba.
All aboard the Love Train. Choo Choo, honeybears. I am Ininiwiyaw Rocopurr:Get in my bed, you perfect human being.
Yesterday's just a memory

Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Some people's opinions are based on rational observations, others base theirs on imaginative thinking. The reality-based community ought not to waste it's time refuting delusions.

Also, Bonobos
Formerly Brandenburg-Altmark Me.

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:34 pm

New England and The Maritimes wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:

They never existed. The Spanish-American war was started in part because of two newspaper owners attempting to one-up each other by making up ridiculous stories about the 1895 war in Cuba.

I love the story about how the news reporter saved a poor Cuban girl from rape at the hands of Spanish guards and brought her back to New York.
Only became know to be false when the city of New York was trying to throw the reporter a parade.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:56 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:I worry for the Friends in FOX and Friends. Not because they're so wrong, but because they're so hideously incompetent at being wrong. They passed up a chance to call Obama the Antichrist to link the guy to Occupy? Sloppy!

I see I wasn't the only one to catch that.
Proud Scalawag and Statist!

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Halt!
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Nulono wrote:Snip
I'm a pro-lifer who runs a nation of dragon-men...
And even I think that's stupid.
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:09 pm

Glasgia wrote:
SaintB wrote:Well its obviously true because Oscar Ramiro Ortega-Hernandez has the same number of vowels in his name as Occupy Washington District Colombia.

You need to get a life.

And you need a sense of humor. I was simply showing the OP where the connection lies.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:10 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I worry for the Friends in FOX and Friends. Not because they're so wrong, but because they're so hideously incompetent at being wrong. They passed up a chance to call Obama the Antichrist to link the guy to Occupy? Sloppy!

I see I wasn't the only one to catch that.

Yeah but then that would imply FOX thinks the guy should have had a clear shot at Obama in the first place. And not even FOXNews has sunk to advocating presidential assassinations yet.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:12 pm

SaintB wrote:
Glasgia wrote:You need to get a life.

And you need a sense of humor. I was simply showing the OP where the connection lies.

The Quality Control on today's sarcasm meters are sorely lacking.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:13 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Wikkiwallana wrote:I see I wasn't the only one to catch that.

Yeah but then that would imply FOX thinks the guy should have had a clear shot at Obama in the first place. And not even FOXNews has sunk to advocating presidential assassinations yet.

Wait for his reelection campaign.
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:17 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Wikkiwallana wrote:I see I wasn't the only one to catch that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQcvbw6ExTQ
You were saying?

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:21 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQcvbw6ExTQ
You were saying?

But nothing to the effect of "We need to liberate the White House" or "Kill the AntiChrist". Advocating the killing of the opposition party is one thing. Calling for a presidential assassination is another.

Plus much as we'd like to use that FOXNews dumped Glenn like a constipation.
Last edited by Gauthier on Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:25 pm

Gauthier wrote:

But nothing to the effect of "We need to liberate the White House" or "Kill the AntiChrist". Advocating the killing of the opposition party is one thing. Calling for a presidential assassination is another.

I don't see the difference.

Xenohumanity wrote:

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:26 pm

Gauthier wrote:

Glenn Beck: Too Extreme for FOX News
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:29 pm

Gauthier wrote:Plus much as we'd like to use that FOXNews dumped Glenn like a constipation.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/07/roger-ailes-happy-beck-fired-quit_n_846001.html wrote:"We felt Glenn brought additional information, a unique perspective, a certain amount of passion and insight to the channel and he did," Ailes said. "But that story of what's going on and why America is in trouble today, I think he told that story as well as could be told. Whether you can just keep telling that story or not ... we're not so sure."

But he stressed that he will continue to work with Beck. "We like each other," he said.

That sounds less like dumping him "like a constipation" and more like an amicable parting of ways over lack of ratings.

Xenohumanity wrote:

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:33 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

I don't see the difference.

Assassinations of heads of state are something the world will always notice. Anyone or anything implicated or associated with motivating the assassination usually don't last long in the world one way or another.

Osterveim
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Osterveim » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:45 pm

I gave up on the media a long time ago. I only watch Fox's political talk shows now when I want to vent anger at the left.
Recently returned after some years away, cringing at my old forum posts

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:52 pm

Gauthier wrote:
SaintB wrote:And you need a sense of humor. I was simply showing the OP where the connection lies.

The Quality Control on today's sarcasm meters are sorely lacking.

:bow:
Last edited by Neutraligon on Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Just A Little though

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:52 pm

The Godly Nations wrote:
Tmutarakhan wrote:It's a floor wax AND a dessert topping!

I am afraid I don't quite follow.

it is an old joke, from one of the first seasons of saturday night live when it was funny.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:54 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Wikkiwallana wrote:I don't see the difference.

Assassinations of heads of state are something the world will always notice. Anyone or anything implicated or associated with motivating the assassination usually don't last long in the world one way or another.

These people seem to still be alive:
http://www.wistv.com/story/15253135/sum ... ing-obamas
http://athenscms.com/blogs/2487/

Xenohumanity wrote:

Simon Cowell of the RR
Minister

Founded: May 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Simon Cowell of the RR » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:56 pm

Pieman City wrote:Well at least they weren't praising the guy for trying to remove Obama from government.

That's still a very dangerous thing they're doing though. Has far too much potential to incite violent action against Occupy protestors which, wether you agree with them or not, isn't a good thing.

I believe that a correspondent did say that after the execution of Bin Laden. She had said Obama instead of Osama and then said something about wishing he was dead too.
Yes, I might be trolling. No, not like the guy who created the thread about towel heads.
I troll by making even the most outlandish opinions sound reasonable. The question is, am I doing that here?

New England and The Maritimes
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New England and The Maritimes » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:58 pm

Simon Cowell of the RR wrote:
Pieman City wrote:Well at least they weren't praising the guy for trying to remove Obama from government.

That's still a very dangerous thing they're doing though. Has far too much potential to incite violent action against Occupy protestors which, wether you agree with them or not, isn't a good thing.

I believe that a correspondent did say that after the execution of Bin Laden. She had said Obama instead of Osama and then said something about wishing he was dead too.

When the story broke, hundreds of fox affiliates ran the ticker saying "Obama Bin Laden Dead." "Honest mistake" my left nut.
All aboard the Love Train. Choo Choo, honeybears. I am Ininiwiyaw Rocopurr:Get in my bed, you perfect human being.
Yesterday's just a memory

Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Some people's opinions are based on rational observations, others base theirs on imaginative thinking. The reality-based community ought not to waste it's time refuting delusions.

Also, Bonobos
Formerly Brandenburg-Altmark Me.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:00 pm

So... How old IS Murdoch?

And who will be his successor once he dies?
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:02 pm

The Rich Port wrote:So... How old IS Murdoch?

And who will be his successor once he dies?

He is eternal and his successor will be Bhaal.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:11 pm

Fox News is the only major right wing news channel on cable television in the US, so I hold nothing against them. They cover stories that the other stations (mostly liberal) won't and FNC manages to dominate the ratings. Can't fault them for being successful.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General