NATION

PASSWORD

Attraction Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:12 pm

Arkinesia wrote:
Korintar wrote:Yeah, one girl I was attracted to is a political science major, and several of my female friends are into videogames, roleplaying games, anime, science fiction, and computer science. My ex loves Inuyasha, World of Warcraft, and contemplated a degree, or minor, in computer science at one point. So, take my and Arkinesia's word for it, they are out there! Check out the different clubs at your college that interest you, there is bound to be at least a few girls with similar interests!

I know a really nice girl at my school actually who is really into aviation, is working on a pilot's license, and once you bring up guns or fighter jets she won't shut up.

I really should talk to her more because there aren't many PEOPLE at this school who might talk about that, much less women…

You definitely should talk to her more often. The aviation circle is so male-oriented, that when you find a girl among them, she must be one in a million. And very focused too.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Korintar
Minister

Founded: Nov 19, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Korintar » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:20 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Arkinesia wrote:I know a really nice girl at my school actually who is really into aviation, is working on a pilot's license, and once you bring up guns or fighter jets she won't shut up.

I really should talk to her more because there aren't many PEOPLE at this school who might talk about that, much less women…

You definitely should talk to her more often. The aviation circle is so male-oriented, that when you find a girl among them, she must be one in a million. And very focused too.

Yeah, you never know who might fall for you or who you will fall for or where you will meet them. Exhibit A is Nanatsu and Gallo.
Factbook, Q&A; Nat'l Standards Warning: Agreeing to RP with me assumes an acceptance of Any-Tech Rping and/or the use of dragons in Warfare unless we come to an agreement beforehand.
Jolt Veteran. (-6.00,-.31), (-7.25,1.08) (economic, social)
'So.... a complete disregard for societal norms is.... communist? If that's true, then sign me up.'- Lunatic Goofballs
'If you're taking White Castle hanburgers rectally, you're really doing that wrong. They go in the other end of the alimentary system.'-Farnhamia
'Space Mussolini! Go, go, go!'- TSS @ GWO
Reppy's PG opinion of Jolt
The Gidgetisms: Go no fuck? The Parkus Empire: As in, go, go Gadget no fuck.
Oterro: International incidents->"New Thread"->[Thread title]->[Thread OP]->War->GWO intervention

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:25 pm

Korintar wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Yeah, you never know who might fall for you or who you will fall for or where you will meet them. Exhibit A is Nanatsu and Gallo.

Yup. And even if nothing like a relationship ensues, friendships are always a plus.
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

Nornalhorst
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nornalhorst » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:46 am

Meryuma wrote:
Nornalhorst wrote:For me I don't think I will ever find my ideal woman or any woman for that matter since I've only had one actual date which ended disastrously, never had a girlfriend, and a virgin which is okay since I am a Christian having pre-marital sex isn't something I should be doing anyway. The closest contact I think I ever had with a girl was giving a good-bye hug during my high-school graduation and that was years ago, which reminds me a few times I have actually touched a girl's hands during a handshake the last one was about a year or so ago and the softness of their hands is truly strange yet pleasant.

My problem probably comes from the fact that I am shy (I will actually approach a girl, but shyness makes it more difficult and awkward), I am also probably too much of a nice guy and no I don't be nice to get into their panties I am normally nice to everyone I meet as long as they respect me problem is people seem to confuse niceness with weakness and then they get surprised when they do something I don't like and I confront them about it, and I'm pretty much the definition of a nerd (Most people think of me as very intelligent but sort of weird since I am interested in "boring" things like videogames, microbiology, anime, military science, politics, scifi movies, and software programming). Plus its very difficult to even have a conversation with a girl since most of the time the things that interests me do not interest her so I have nothing really to say besides asking her how is she feeling, what is the weather like, and things of that nature and hopefully she will carry the conversation from there, when I talk about my interests they always seem to get bored so the best thing to do is just ask her questions and simply listen.

My biggest issue is probably my inability to "read" people I almost feel autistic since I can't seem to pick up social cues unless they are very overt and obvious and flirting to me is some sort of psychic magic nonsense since I can't seem to understand it in the slightest. I am also not very confident in myself when it comes to dating I do try to fluff myself up so I appear to be more confident but honestly I am normally expecting rejection since I have had a literal 0% success rate actually I went on a date twice. The first date I went on I was the only one to show up and the second date the girl tried her best to make it hell, and no I wasn't going after the hottest girl I could find in both cases both girls were just average and plain normal looking girls I am just apparently a very bad judge of character. Physically I would say I am of average attractiveness so I wouldn't say that is an issue and I have worked on my physical appearance a little by going to the gym regularly and wearing clothes that I think look nice, but that doesn't do any good.

1. The fact that you don't get dates isn't because you're nice. Ask Bottle about it, she tears right through that myth.
2. I'm literally autistic and that didn't stop me.
3. Some people like nerdy guys. I know I do (don't think I'm a girl).
4. There is no universal standard of "average attractiveness".

I know I don't get dates isn't because I'm nice but niceness can play a factor in it for better or for worse depending on the girl and her tastes. My main issues are my shyness, my inability to read people, awkwardness in social situations, lack of experience, lack of charisma, and inability to connect with people (probably comes from my nerdy interests which other people don't seem to find particularly entertaining). One thing I am good at is being funny at least from what I've heard but it doesn't really help to be a comedian.

Also what I meant by average attractiveness is that I have no outstanding features to make me ugly nor handsome just normal. Only thing really unique about my appearance is that I am 6 foot 3 inches and 230lbs so I'm a pretty big guy and pretty strong. Other than that I dress normal and look relatively normal.

Xeng He
Minister

Founded: Nov 14, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Xeng He » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:55 am

Nornalhorst wrote:
I know I don't get dates isn't because I'm nice but niceness can play a factor in it for better or for worse depending on the girl and her tastes. My main issues are my shyness, my inability to read people, awkwardness in social situations, lack of experience, lack of charisma, and inability to connect with people (probably comes from my nerdy interests which other people don't seem to find particularly entertaining). One thing I am good at is being funny at least from what I've heard but it doesn't really help to be a comedian.

If you use your funny properly, it can help a lot. Link it to an issue, or to yourself or something. :)

Also what I meant by average attractiveness is that I have no outstanding features to make me ugly nor handsome just normal. Only thing really unique about my appearance is that I am 6 foot 3 inches and 230lbs so I'm a pretty big guy and pretty strong. Other than that I dress normal and look relatively normal.

That's...bound to stand out, sirrah. :blink: :lol:

You say "only thing" as if it's nothing major.
Blazedtown wrote:[an ism is] A term used by people who won't admit their true beliefs, or don't have any.
[spoiler=Quotes]
Galloism: ...social media is basically cancer. I’d like to reiterate that social media is bringing the downfall of society in a lot of ways.
I'm Not Telling You It's Going to Be Easy, I'm Telling You It's Going to be Worth It.
Oh my god this comic

Korintar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Korintar » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:05 am

Nornalhorst wrote:
Meryuma wrote:
1. The fact that you don't get dates isn't because you're nice. Ask Bottle about it, she tears right through that myth.

None of that has been able to stop me or Meryuma. Meryuma is autistic, and s/he still manages relationships- despite the likelihood that s/he has to deal with social awkwardness and inability to read people well, which I have to deal with as well. There are nerdy girls out there, you just need to look and be patient. Worst case scenario, you have a whole bunch of new friends you can geek out with! Being funny is a turn on for some girls, from what I gather. They appreciate a witty, highly intelligent, big guy like yourself. Play up your strengths. What have you got to lose? Based upon what you have said, you are used to hearing no, so you should be desensitized to that. And if she says yes, Praise The LORD!! How do I know this? I'm just like you- kinda nerdy/geeky, funny, in my early twenties, a horny college male, dress rather plain or casually, a big man, socially awkward, et cetera. Yet, as I previously said, I managed to find a girlfriend. Reason we broke up was that our wants and needs in the relationship were incompatible. It's been tough, I am not going to lie. It is damn tough sometimes when you look around and see all your gradeschool buddies get married or have kids. But you gotta hang in there, the right girl will come along.
Factbook, Q&A; Nat'l Standards Warning: Agreeing to RP with me assumes an acceptance of Any-Tech Rping and/or the use of dragons in Warfare unless we come to an agreement beforehand.
'So.... a complete disregard for societal norms is.... communist? If that's true, then sign me up.'- Lunatic Goofballs
'If you're taking White Castle hanburgers rectally, you're really doing that wrong. They go in the other end of the alimentary system.'-Farnhamia
Oterro: International incidents->"New Thread"->[Thread title]->[Thread OP]->War->GWO intervention

Korintar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Korintar » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:10 am

Xeng He wrote:
Nornalhorst wrote:

If you use your funny properly, it can help a lot. Link it to an issue, or to yourself or something. :)

That's...bound to stand out, sirrah. :blink: :lol:

You say "only thing" as if it's nothing major.

Well, if he happened to be a cousin of mine, it would not seem too out of the ordinary- the guys in my family are generally at least 6ft tall and weigh in over 215lbs. In fact I've got a couple seven footers in my family tree, as well as a couple four hundred pounders. I weigh just as much as Nornalhorst, and my old man is much bigger weight wise. Btw, the girls can get pretty big in my family, too.

Christmahanikwanzikah
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Christmahanikwanzikah » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:18 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Arkinesia wrote:I know a really nice girl at my school actually who is really into aviation, is working on a pilot's license, and once you bring up guns or fighter jets she won't shut up.

A bird that flies birds, even.

Nornalhorst
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nornalhorst » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:08 am

Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

ImageImage

Floreria
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 22, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Floreria » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:18 am

Women that look too perfect to the point of appearing unnatural, like a doll. Potentially invoking levels of adoration or the uncanny valley response from others. Round faces. Intelligence. A philosophic or cute personality. Hime cuts are a plus.
Last edited by Floreria on Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -9.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.90

My nation's technological information
I have no powers. I mean, unless you count the power to blow minds with my weapons-grade philosophical insights. I'm a thought-o-coster, I'm a conundrummer in a band called Lifepuzzler.

Graditora
Senator

Founded: Jul 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Graditora » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:58 am

Nornalhorst wrote:
Meryuma wrote:

You sound like the complete opposite of me, or at least close to it... :p
Me:
5'2 (might reach 5'4 or 5'6 if I'm lucky)
104 pounds(I don't know whats going on there used to be heavier, probably working out)
Roleplayer in the extreme compared to my friends in Rl
Average looks
Very Determined and stubborn to every challenge I face
I'm not to shy I can start a conversation with anyone
I'm awkward compared to others but that good kind that makes me the only me not one in the world like me
Very Experienced for getting with girls for my age :blush:

Tho this can work against me...alot, expecially in the shy tom-boy section, but Its slowly working
Favorite Quote: "A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge"- Thomas Carlyle
The Shadow of F7
Pronounced: "Grah-deh-tor-ah" | Now with a wiki!
Luziyca wrote:You were the one responsible for the Second Amendment.

Bafuria wrote:If I was allowed to carry I would carry a pistol with big, loud muzzle blast, something that says "I JUST SHOT YOU D:<".

Ea90 wrote:Someone knows what they want.

Romberg wrote:You do not mess with the nation with a scorpion on its flag.

Descedant of George Reed. Delaware signer of the Deceleration of Independence.

Arkinesia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkinesia » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:08 am

Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You definitely should talk to her more often. The aviation circle is so male-oriented, that when you find a girl among them, she must be one in a million. And very focused too.

She's already flown Cessnas.
Bisexual, atheist, Southerner. Not much older but made much wiser.

Disappointment Panda wrote:Don't hope for a life without problems. There's no such thing. Instead, hope for a life full of good problems.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:37 pm

Arkinesia wrote:
Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:A bird that flies birds, even.

She's already flown Cessnas.

Then she must have a lot to talk about. I don't know any girls that are into planes and aviation. She must be an interesting person and you should take advantage of that. :)
Slava Ukraini

South Asia Minor
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby South Asia Minor » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:39 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Arkinesia wrote:She's already flown Cessnas.

Then she must have a lot to talk about. I don't know any girls that are into planes and aviation. She must be an interesting person and you should take advantage of that. :)

I like planes... :'(
I'm tired of living,
And scared of dying,
Max Berry has a point
Éirinn go Brách

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:40 pm

South Asia Minor wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

I like planes... :'(

I didn't know, SAM. :hug:

Ok, I correct myself. I know one girl who likes planes. :p
Last edited by Nanatsu no Tsuki on Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slava Ukraini

Bottle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Bottle » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:28 pm

I'm mainly attracted to androgynous blondes with brown eyes who have slim, athletic builds.

My hetero life partner, to whom I am very attracted, is a decidedly masculine brunette with blue eyes and the shoulders of a defensive lineman.

Yep.
"Until evolution happens like in pokemon I'll never accept your 'evidence'!" -Ifreann
"Well, excuuuuuuse me, feminist." -Ende

Bafuria
Senator

Founded: Dec 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bafuria » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:41 pm

Economic 3.1, Social -4.1

Newmoonrising
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Newmoonrising » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:46 pm

Bafuria wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMnjF1O4eH0

Awesome song.

Alexlantis
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Alexlantis » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:50 pm

I value intelligence and kindness, a sense of humor is good as well. Anything else doesn't matter too much in the long run, although I've always had a bit of a thing for redheads. Doesn't mean I won't date a girl if she's not a redhead, though, hair color is of little importance, if any at all.
"What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world, but loses his soul?" -Jesus Christ

Nation does not necessarily reflect political views.
Economic Left/Right: -7.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.00
INTP/INTJ
Writer, high school student, Democratic Socialist, vaguely agnostic Christian of some sort (maybe), Libertarian.

Foxtropica's NS cousin, Samuraikoku's Sancho Panza
Individuality-ness wrote:You are Alex, NSG's writer and lead procrastinator. *nods* :P

Andrelea
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Andrelea » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:03 am

For me, physical appearance is equally important as personality. I find females with large breasts repulsive, if it starts getting much larger than a b cup at most, then just no. They should be very young, or at least look it (not pedophilically young, but close). Sort of medium build, not skinny nor overweight. They must be shorter than me, tall females are just wrong. If I was to state any hair colour for preference, it would probably be brunette, with brown or green eyes. Racially they must be European or the more European middle eastern races. Perhaps Latin American at a stretch, but that would be pushing it. As an omnist, I don't mind what their religious views are provided they don't try forcing them on people. Politically I don't care either, but if they have different views to me, they had better enjoy a good debate. They must be at least reasonably intelligent, have a decent sense of humor (or, at least, be able to put up with mine) and be a kind, just generally nice person. Of course, being able to put up with me also helps, but that would require levels of tolerance that I don't think are humanly possible.
Political compass:
Economic Left/Right:-8.79
Social Authoritarian/Libertarian: 5.74

The Empire of Andrelea is RP'd in both PMT and FT. RP nation is not identical to NS one. Generally close, but not the same.
PMT Factbook:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=151825

Gah, I hate time zones.

Disserbia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Disserbia » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:09 am

hot, intelligent male mess. preferably not white, even though I am.
You can't spell scat fetish without catfish.
Mollary wrote:Hate and alcohol can unite most people.

Souriya Al-Assad wrote:One does not simply Mossad The Assad.

New Maldorainia wrote:Dissy likes touching my walruses.

The Blaatschapen wrote:Remember, birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you'll live.
Funniest shit on this shite
fakbuk and other random shit
PC:
Economic Left/Right: 3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.00
PS:
Right: 1.45
Libertarian: 6.22
Non-interventionist: 5.82
Cultural liberal: 2.23
PT:
democratic National Liberal
In a more sane world I'd be a moderate Republican.

New England and The Maritimes
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New England and The Maritimes » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:58 am

Like... that. But also like other things.
All aboard the Love Train. Choo Choo, honeybears. I am Ininiwiyaw Rocopurr:Get in my bed, you perfect human being.
Yesterday's just a memory

Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Some people's opinions are based on rational observations, others base theirs on imaginative thinking. The reality-based community ought not to waste it's time refuting delusions.

Also, Bonobos
Formerly Brandenburg-Altmark Me.

Zaddaa
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaddaa » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:32 am

The main thing I look for in a guy is intelligence and drive. Nothing is more of a turn on than a hard working guy who knows what he wants and is willing to go after it. ;) Im a very strong and driven person and I want someone as driven as I am. A huge bonus and maybe a bit of a requirement is having a humanitarian/multicultural side like I do. And I could never date someone who is religious.
Physically, I have a thing for dark features. Almost Native American like.
Creedy: Die! Die! Why won't you die?... Why won't you die?
V: Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:35 am

New England and The Maritimes wrote:(Image)

Like... that. But also like other things.

So, like this woman, but different, while remaining similar, but not being too close to the original?

*Mind fucked*
|| Miss me with that factional BS || RIP Dyakovo. You were a true friend, you will be forever missed. ||

Français, en guerriers magnanimes, portez ou retenez vos coups! Épargnez ces tristes victimes à regret s'armant contre nous
My TG box is for friends, not food
Feel like making a direct change rather than just bickering over crises?
Help give orphaned children a safe environment to grow
Combat Homelessness

Polruan
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Polruan » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:40 am

Bottle wrote:I'm mainly attracted to androgynous blondes with brown eyes who have slim, athletic builds.

Andrej Pejic?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General