NATION

PASSWORD

The Eternal Thread - So NSG, What's Going On?

A dignified resting-place for the greatest threads of all time.
User avatar
Nightkill the Emperor
P2TM Mentor
 
Posts: 83394
Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:55 pm

The Truth and Light wrote:Hey call me Truthy from now on guys... preez.

OK then.
Only Politics
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

User avatar
Yoite
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16077
Founded: Sep 09, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Yoite » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:56 pm

Lackadaisical2 wrote:
Yoite wrote:
How...old are you?

Uhm... 24.


Wow! You're nearly 30!



JOKE

But seriously, not much older than me.

Azaca wrote:
Yoite wrote:
I know how it feels, not having anyone there for you, I hope you find someone soon :hug:

I've got people, but those people hardly know anything about my inner workings cause of my self destructive sense of pride.


I don't have any pride, or avarice, only the other five deadly sins.

Coffee Cakes wrote:Hey there to Yoite, NEI, and Astro.

And to matt, sorry that the vacation sucks.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:


Hey :hug:
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"To conquer a nation first replace science with Christianity," - Adolf Hitler
TET is scary.

User avatar
Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15229
Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Nude East Ireland » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:56 pm

Coffee Cakes wrote:Hey there to Yoite, NEI, and Astro.

And to matt, sorry that the vacation sucks.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug:
Rest in Peace, Vlad. You deserve it.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Constaniana wrote:I don't know about you, but prostitutes is one of the last things I associate with Nat.

And he's one of the last things they'd associate with.

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Nat and NEI hold terrifying minds.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:Kevin, you are many things, and one of them is a genius.
Part One of the Incredible, Invincible Team Dai-Zarkeland!

User avatar
New England and The Maritimes
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 28280
Founded: Aug 13, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New England and The Maritimes » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:57 pm

Blargh.
All aboard the Love Train. Choo Choo, honeybears. I am Ininiwiyaw Rocopurr:Get in my bed, you perfect human being.
Yesterday's just a memory

Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Some people's opinions are based on rational observations, others base theirs on imaginative thinking. The reality-based community ought not to waste it's time refuting delusions.

Also, Bonobos
Formerly Brandenburg-Altmark Me.

User avatar
Astrolinium
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 28677
Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Astrolinium » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:57 pm

The Truth and Light wrote:Hey call me Truthy from now on guys... preez.


Oh, this reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask you. How would one render "Truthy" in Spanish?
“If you have a garden and a library, you shall want for nothing.” — M. Tullius Cicero
The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium
Elie Francesco Astor, King Astorias Maldivis III
Ambassador to the WA: Dr. Giovanni Romero
Ankh Mauta | Embassy Program | Factbook/Q&A
Pop: 3,082 | Tech: MT | DEFCON: 5-4-3-2-1
Doctor Who
Just Your Friendly Neighborhood Gay Liberal
Jewish Atheist Latinist Time Lord Batman

Ionian Knights is my hat buddy | NSG Sodomy Club
Minor Acolyte of the Vast Jewlluminati Conspiracy™
My Crap: Music et Cetera | Sig Quotes | Tumblr


User avatar
Yoite
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16077
Founded: Sep 09, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Yoite » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:58 pm

New England and The Maritimes wrote:
Yoite wrote:
30 years ago I didn't exist


What 'you' are, if not an assortment of matter, is pretty much a mystery. I'd say you existed going back through the carbon, mineral and water cycles a few times in the form of rudimentary materials. We all existed 13 billion years ago as some of a singularity and moved on through space rocks and stars and planetoids and asteroids, on down the line.


That's actually rather enlightening when put just so.
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"To conquer a nation first replace science with Christianity," - Adolf Hitler
TET is scary.

User avatar
Yuktova
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11880
Founded: Feb 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Yuktova » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:59 pm

I think I made the best brownies I've ever tasted.
I'm Morrissey... Nice to meet you.
Goldsaver said: This is murder, not a romantic date!

User avatar
Azaca
Minister
 
Posts: 2150
Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Azaca » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:59 pm

Yoite wrote:
Lackadaisical2 wrote:Uhm... 24.


Wow! You're nearly 30!



JOKE

But seriously, not much older than me.

Azaca wrote:I've got people, but those people hardly know anything about my inner workings cause of my self destructive sense of pride.


I don't have any pride, or avarice, only the other five deadly sins.

Coffee Cakes wrote:Hey there to Yoite, NEI, and Astro.

And to matt, sorry that the vacation sucks.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:


Hey :hug:

Pride runs in my family. It's stupid and I know it's stupid, but it's hard to kick old habits
Read before talking to me. Important.
I am a loudmouth /b/tard metalhead with a sick and dark type of humor and quite frankly I don't wanna hear about your opinion of me nor do I care very much whether or not what I do is morally wrong. I am a positive nihilist, which means I believe the universe has no purpose, but that doesn't mean we can't have fun with it.
Politically incorrect till the day I die
Also a proud and high-functioning schizophrenic
  ▲
▲ ▲
Senior positive person of NS. Go on, try me, nothing you can do can bring me down.
Threat Level: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Pop: 41,625,438
Leader: Olav Esko
Military: 780,702

User avatar
Lackadaisical2
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 50806
Founded: Mar 03, 2008
Anarchy

Postby Lackadaisical2 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:59 pm

Yoite wrote:
Lackadaisical2 wrote:Uhm... 24.


Wow! You're nearly 30!



JOKE

But seriously, not much older than me.

Thats how I keep thinking, then i get sad at how old I am, then I wish I was a lot older. :P

I know, if Serr were here he could back me up on this, it can be a very different age.
The Republic of Lanos wrote:Proud member of the Vile Right-Wing Noodle Combat Division of the Imperialist Anti-Socialist Economic War Army Ground Force reporting in.

User avatar
Norstal
Post Czar
 
Posts: 40028
Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Norstal » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:59 pm

The Truth and Light wrote:Hey call me Truthy from now on guys... preez.

I like TnT better. It's short and succinct. But fine, Truthy. :\
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★


New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.


IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10


NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.



Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

User avatar
The Truth and Light
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29396
Founded: Jan 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Truth and Light » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:59 pm

Astrolinium wrote:
The Truth and Light wrote:Hey call me Truthy from now on guys... preez.


Oh, this reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask you. How would one render "Truthy" in Spanish?

Verdadito... but in the Spanish thread they just call me Truthy. :p

User avatar
Yoite
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16077
Founded: Sep 09, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Yoite » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:00 pm

Azaca wrote:
Yoite wrote:

<snip>

Pride runs in my family. It's stupid and I know it's stupid, but it's hard to kick old habits[/quote]

These things often transpire genetically it seems.
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"To conquer a nation first replace science with Christianity," - Adolf Hitler
TET is scary.

User avatar
The Truth and Light
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29396
Founded: Jan 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Truth and Light » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:01 pm

Norstal wrote:
The Truth and Light wrote:Hey call me Truthy from now on guys... preez.

I like TnT better. It's short and succinct. But fine, Truthy. :\

Amendment: cal me anything that stems from my nation name. :p

User avatar
Astrolinium
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 28677
Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Astrolinium » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:01 pm

Yuktova wrote:I think I made the best brownies I've ever tasted.


Hugs not drugs, man. ;)

The Truth and Light wrote:
Astrolinium wrote:
Oh, this reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask you. How would one render "Truthy" in Spanish?

Verdadito... but in the Spanish thread they just call me Truthy. :p


Alrighty, then. :)
“If you have a garden and a library, you shall want for nothing.” — M. Tullius Cicero
The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium
Elie Francesco Astor, King Astorias Maldivis III
Ambassador to the WA: Dr. Giovanni Romero
Ankh Mauta | Embassy Program | Factbook/Q&A
Pop: 3,082 | Tech: MT | DEFCON: 5-4-3-2-1
Doctor Who
Just Your Friendly Neighborhood Gay Liberal
Jewish Atheist Latinist Time Lord Batman

Ionian Knights is my hat buddy | NSG Sodomy Club
Minor Acolyte of the Vast Jewlluminati Conspiracy™
My Crap: Music et Cetera | Sig Quotes | Tumblr

User avatar
New England and The Maritimes
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 28280
Founded: Aug 13, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New England and The Maritimes » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:01 pm

Yoite wrote:
New England and The Maritimes wrote:
What 'you' are, if not an assortment of matter, is pretty much a mystery. I'd say you existed going back through the carbon, mineral and water cycles a few times in the form of rudimentary materials. We all existed 13 billion years ago as some of a singularity and moved on through space rocks and stars and planetoids and asteroids, on down the line.


That's actually rather enlightening when put just so.


What separates life as an agglomeration(rather than on an individual basis,) from other matter doesn't appear to be much. The molecular structure of a person isn't wholly alien when compared with the molecular structure of, say, a rock. "Consciousness" as a concept is shakily-defined, and at its most basic, when you break down what thought processes are, appears to be nothing but chemistry; the movement of electrons along a series of sodium ions most specifically. Life is just part of a broader continuum of physical existence.
All aboard the Love Train. Choo Choo, honeybears. I am Ininiwiyaw Rocopurr:Get in my bed, you perfect human being.
Yesterday's just a memory

Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Some people's opinions are based on rational observations, others base theirs on imaginative thinking. The reality-based community ought not to waste it's time refuting delusions.

Also, Bonobos
Formerly Brandenburg-Altmark Me.


User avatar
Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63096
Founded: Sep 19, 2010
Anarchy

Postby Coffee Cakes » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:01 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:
The Truth and Light wrote:Insomnia, and dad getting uber-religious again, basically.

Ew, religion. It burns.


:(
Transnapastain wrote:CC!

Posting mod mistakes now are we?

Well, sir, you can have a Vindictive warning for making us look incompetent
Sternsy wrote:Sometimes I forget you and Seito are dating and then I remember and it makes me happy. :]
Nana wrote:Being CC's bf is a death worse than fate.
Nana wrote:Finally, another reasonable individual.
Nana wrote: You're Ben. And Ben is many things wrapped into one being. :)
NSG Sodomy Club Member.
RIP WHYLT 11/14/2010-8/15/2011
Geniasis wrote:I've seen people lose credibility. It's been a while since I've seen it cast aside so gleefully.
Quotes Singing Contest of DOOM Champ. Softball
NSG Mario Kart Reppy Kart.


Asperger's
Satan's Apprentice Colleague
Lian's precious snowflake

User avatar
Yoite
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16077
Founded: Sep 09, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Yoite » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:01 pm

Lackadaisical2 wrote:
Yoite wrote:
Wow! You're nearly 30!



JOKE

But seriously, not much older than me.

Thats how I keep thinking, then i get sad at how old I am, then I wish I was a lot older. :P

I know, if Serr were here he could back me up on this, it can be a very different age.


I can understand, I wish I were a lot of things...
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"To conquer a nation first replace science with Christianity," - Adolf Hitler
TET is scary.

User avatar
Norstal
Post Czar
 
Posts: 40028
Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Norstal » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:02 pm

Coffee Cakes wrote:
Nude East Ireland wrote:
Ew, religion. It burns.


:(

That's why you're hot CC. *nods*

That and Catholic school girls. *nods vigorously*
Last edited by Norstal on Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★


New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.


IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10


NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.



Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

User avatar
Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15229
Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Nude East Ireland » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:03 pm

Coffee Cakes wrote:
Nude East Ireland wrote:
Ew, religion. It burns.


:(

Don't feel bad. I don't think less of anyone because of religion. :hug: :(

I just haven't been too trusting of religion is all.
Rest in Peace, Vlad. You deserve it.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Constaniana wrote:I don't know about you, but prostitutes is one of the last things I associate with Nat.

And he's one of the last things they'd associate with.

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Nat and NEI hold terrifying minds.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:Kevin, you are many things, and one of them is a genius.
Part One of the Incredible, Invincible Team Dai-Zarkeland!

User avatar
New England and The Maritimes
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 28280
Founded: Aug 13, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New England and The Maritimes » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:03 pm

Lackadaisical2 wrote:
Yoite wrote:
Wow! You're nearly 30!



JOKE

But seriously, not much older than me.

Thats how I keep thinking, then i get sad at how old I am, then I wish I was a lot older. :P

I know, if Serr were here he could back me up on this, it can be a very different age.


I don't know what to think about it, myself. When I see the things I loved as a child become worn and broken, or disused, or forgotten, I get sad.
All aboard the Love Train. Choo Choo, honeybears. I am Ininiwiyaw Rocopurr:Get in my bed, you perfect human being.
Yesterday's just a memory

Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Some people's opinions are based on rational observations, others base theirs on imaginative thinking. The reality-based community ought not to waste it's time refuting delusions.

Also, Bonobos
Formerly Brandenburg-Altmark Me.

User avatar
Yoite
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16077
Founded: Sep 09, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Yoite » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:03 pm

New England and The Maritimes wrote:
Yoite wrote:
That's actually rather enlightening when put just so.


What separates life as an agglomeration(rather than on an individual basis,) from other matter doesn't appear to be much. The molecular structure of a person isn't wholly alien when compared with the molecular structure of, say, a rock. "Consciousness" as a concept is shakily-defined, and at its most basic, when you break down what thought processes are, appears to be nothing but chemistry; the movement of electrons along a series of sodium ions most specifically. Life is just part of a broader continuum of physical existence.


yes, but rocks don't kill each other, or "think" about killing each other, though I see from whence you come.
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"To conquer a nation first replace science with Christianity," - Adolf Hitler
TET is scary.

User avatar
Lackadaisical2
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 50806
Founded: Mar 03, 2008
Anarchy

Postby Lackadaisical2 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:03 pm

Yoite wrote:
Lackadaisical2 wrote:Thats how I keep thinking, then i get sad at how old I am, then I wish I was a lot older. :P

I know, if Serr were here he could back me up on this, it can be a very different age.


I can understand, I wish I were a lot of things...

I figure the binge drinking is really speeding things up for me. :P
The Republic of Lanos wrote:Proud member of the Vile Right-Wing Noodle Combat Division of the Imperialist Anti-Socialist Economic War Army Ground Force reporting in.

User avatar
Azaca
Minister
 
Posts: 2150
Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Azaca » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:04 pm

Yoite wrote:
Azaca wrote:<snip>

Pride runs in my family. It's stupid and I know it's stupid, but it's hard to kick old habits


These things often transpire genetically it seems.[/quote]
It would appear so. Same with the Psychosis. I really got dealt a shit hand when it comes to genetics. But despite that I'm doing quite well in the game of life.
Read before talking to me. Important.
I am a loudmouth /b/tard metalhead with a sick and dark type of humor and quite frankly I don't wanna hear about your opinion of me nor do I care very much whether or not what I do is morally wrong. I am a positive nihilist, which means I believe the universe has no purpose, but that doesn't mean we can't have fun with it.
Politically incorrect till the day I die
Also a proud and high-functioning schizophrenic
  ▲
▲ ▲
Senior positive person of NS. Go on, try me, nothing you can do can bring me down.
Threat Level: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Pop: 41,625,438
Leader: Olav Esko
Military: 780,702

PreviousNext

Remove ads

Return to Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Remove ads