NATION

PASSWORD

Faith Discussion Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your faith

Christianity
37%
Judaism
13%
Islam
2%
Hinduism
2%
Buddhism
5%
Shinto
No votes
Wicca
1%
Satanist
3%
Other(Specify)
37%

Total votes : 95

Khytenna
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Khytenna » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:18 pm

What is your religion?
i dont have one, infact i dont believe nor disbelieve in religion
How long have you followed it?
about 2 years, before that i was an on of Athist/ catholic.
What are some of the central beliefs of your faith?
the universe and every thing is so big and so confusing that its impossible to prove what created this world, or if any faiths are right, so instead of worrying myself sick about what will happen when i die or am i being good member of a religion, i instead concentrate on the problems in life now

there is no possible way for any faith to prove that there religion is right, but in the endless possibilities of this world, they could in turn be right, but I don't want to worry.

How does your faith view other faiths?

with an open mind, as long as you don't force your views down my neck
Xephik, Mygevia, Pelothia, Lilac, Keltyme, Ginto
Call me Khy
Current Chairman: Sebastain Tyler (UWP-SDP Coalition)
Rugby World Cup 16 Winners
Vvardenfell Football Championship 1: Winners. 7th in the Draggonnii Inviyatii!

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:35 pm

What is your religion? I am not a part of any organised religion, but I call myself Eclectic Pagan. This means that I pick the aspects of different Pagan religions that I like and mix them together. The religions that I utilize in my worship/beliefs include Asatru, Shinto, Buddhism, Gaianism, Wicca, Shamanism, Onmyoudou (while this is not strictly a belief system it is a religious practise), and European Witchcraft (while this isn't strictly a belief system either it is also a religious practise). I also use many other beliefs.
How long have you followed it? Ever since I have understood the concept of religion or deities I have been some form of Pagan. First I was Gaian, then Wiccan, now I am Eclectic Pagan.
What are some of the central beliefs of your faith? My beliefs are not very strict, but here goes:
In the beginning there was only energy. This energy had not only sentience but sapience and became lonely. So it created the Goddess and the God. The Goddess and the God basically had sex and the Big Bang happened. Either that or the energy being made itself explode and that was the Big Bang, in which the Goddess and God were created. There really isn't any book I can consult about this, so we just have to guess ("we" meaning myself and other Pagans who adhere to a religion that doesn't have a specific creation myth). Anyway, life was born in the form of microscopic beings. From there life evolved into new lifeforms.
All of the different deities are beings in their own right, however they are a part of the Goddess and the God, who are in turn beings in their own right, yet part of the One (also known as the All, explained earlier in this post as an energy being).
There are also Spirits, who are also energy beings (just like the deities and the One), more powerful than most Humans yet less powerful than the Gods. There are Nature Spirits, Guardian Spirits, etc. Some prefer to stay away from us, others prefer to service us, others prefer to be friends with us, and others prefer to terrorize us.
Also, if you send positive thoughts and actions out positive things come back to you times three. It's the same with negative thoughts and actions. It's called the Law of Three or the Threefold Law.
How does your faith view other faiths? We generally accept members of all faiths as long as they are respectful. We do not try to convert people. Here's the reason:
Visualize a beautiful, flowered meadow in the middle of a forest. This meadow is Enlightenment. Going through the forest to the meadow are many paths. Each of these paths is a different religion. One person may be comfortable on one path but uncomfortable on other paths. Another person may be uncomfortable on the first person's chosen path but comfortable on another path that the first person didn't like. So each person must choose their own path. All of the paths bring you to Enlightenment.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:46 am

Conserative Morality wrote:
Damanscene wrote:I have always wondered how the Satanist thing started. I even considered putting it on the poll. But guessed that there were no one on NS that was Satanist. Guess I guessed wrong. So believe I am 100% serious when I ask you about how you got started in the faith and how people react to your faith.

Note:maybe I should add it to the poll... :unsure:

Big Jim P is also a LaVeyan Satanist, IIRC.

How'd you ever guess? :p

Damanscene wrote:{snip}

What is your religion?

I am a LaVeyan Satanist. I have been a Satanist since December of 1985, although by some accounts I have been one all my life. The one central belief that I tend to favor is total personal freedom, limited only be the total personal responsibility for your actions that go along with it. As a whole, Satanists tend to view other faiths with distain and or/amusement. Personally, I like to deal with individual persons, not their faiths.
Hail Satan!
Happily married to Roan Cara, The first RL NS marriage, and Pope Joan is my Father-in-law.
I edit my posts to fix typos.

Damanscene
Attaché

Founded: Sep 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Damanscene » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:25 am

Because I never actually done it yet here goes.

What is your religion? Christian(Baptist)
How long have you followed it? Most of my life, 19 now.(Former Agnostic)
What are some of the central beliefs of your faith? This is an very common religion and even those that are not followers know something about it. So I will keep this part very simple. Belief in the all merciful, all knowing, supreme God.(Not iGod) :p Belief in his son Jesus Christ who sacrificed himself for our sins. Belief in the Holy Trinity. Belief in Heaven and Hell. But one of the other things that somewhat sets us apart is the belief in baptism by submerging.
How does your faith view other faiths? Usually what I get from overall christianity is that we tend to force our beliefs a bit. Sometimes even without knowing it. But it varies from church to church and on the faith in question. Most of us seem to have more respect for other christians, jews and muslims because these are the Abrahamic faiths. From where I am at we also respect Buddhist and Hindus. But will sometimes try to convert them. I believe that we view 'pagans' with a little bit of unease. And will likely attempt to convert them too.

Now for a few new questions. If you had already posted the answers to those before it that is fine just answer these with a different post. If not than feel free to answer them all at once.

What do you enjoy the most about your faith? That it really makes me feel better going from day to day and for some reason things make a little more sense. Before as an Agnostic I felt a big void that science could not cover up. And looking at the sky at night and saying "Well it's all an accident" also never made sense. And I believe that an all merciful and powerful God is a pretty awsome thing to have in your life.
Would you ever date someone of a different faith? This one may or may not be relevent. But I think so because it says a little about us. I think I could date and perhaps even get into a serious relationship with an Athiest, Agnostic or someone of another faith. But it would have challenges and would have a lot lower chance of success. We would either have to come to an agreement or one of us will have to convert for it to get into a marriage phase. But I have not dated for a little more than five years so I think I am safe for now. But if niether of us want to convert but want to remain together I believe the best plan is to not interfere with each others faith and let our children choose their own with as little influence as possible.
What dont you like about your faith? The way we view other faiths at times. And the way we try to somewhat force them to convert. If God can respect free will I believe we can too.
How do you believe people that follow your faith can improve? We can come to a better understanding of other faiths and come to a common ground to work on our issues and discuss our diferences. Basically what this thread is all about. If you have questions ask them. If you feel you are being treated unkindly then say it but do not insult anyone to do that. Perhaps on offnese was meant? Just try to learn of other faiths and be patient.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:35 am

What do you enjoy the most about your faith? The amount of freedom, really. Not a whole not of structure to follow, and it allows me to formulate my own beliefs beside it.
Would you ever date someone of a different faith? Of course. Faith is a nonissue, so long as they don't attempt to force their morality, opinions or faith on me or others. I've dated men and women who were Christians, Jews, Atheists, and some others.
What dont you like about your faith? Not much. I don't much care for the "magic".
How do you believe people that follow your faith can improve? Start building satanic temples next to cathedrals. *nod*

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Damanscene
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Damanscene » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:44 am

:o No Way! :o

I do not believe the Christian community is ready for that yet. :(

How about a nice talkshow chat. ;)

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:46 am

Damanscene wrote::o No Way! :o

It doesn't really matter if the Christian community is ready or not. Land is not owned only by the Churches of Christ, and I'm sure Satanists can gather enough money to buy a plot or two near churches or cathedrals.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Damanscene
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Damanscene » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:47 am

That was a joke. >:(

But I think that Jerry Springer is cancelled now right. :lol:

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:50 am

What do you enjoy the most about your faith? The freedom to succeed or fail according to my own abilities. The fact that being personally responsible for my own actions, means I also get the credit for them as well.
Would you ever date someone of a different faith?I married a Mennonite Pastors daughter.
What dont you like about your faith? Not much. I don't like the rule about Not harming non-human animals except for food or in self defense. I feel it should be expanded to include mercy as well.
How do you believe people that follow your faith can improve? We could lose the rest of the anti-christian bias. Many individual Satanists (usually the older ones) consider Christianity to be irrelevant to there existence. The rest could follow their example. However, some things only come with age and experience.[/quote]

Noe note: I have noted some negative responses to Satanic Magic (including Ceans). Fair and good. I however enjoy the magic, and utilize it daily. What most fail to see, is that while LaVey expressed disdain for the various spiritual/magical traditions for hiding their so-called "magic" in "meaningless mumbo-jumbo", he himself hid the truth about Satanic magic, by hiding a truth within a truth.
Hail Satan!
Happily married to Roan Cara, The first RL NS marriage, and Pope Joan is my Father-in-law.

Meowfoundland
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meowfoundland » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:50 am

What is your religion? None, although I used to be a member of the Uniting Church.
How long have you followed it? I was a member of the Uniting Church until about 4 years ago.
What are some of the central beliefs of your faith? None.
How does your faith view other faiths? As faiths, plain and simple.
What do you enjoy the most about your faith? Not having to follow non-secular rules that I disagree with.
Would you ever date someone of a different faith? Of course.
What dont you like about your faith? The lack of feast days. Of course, I feast every day, so it's not like it matters too much.
How do you believe people that follow your faith can improve? By holding more feast days.
This was formerly a signature. One day, it may return to its splendid past. In the meantime, enjoy some pictures of my cats.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:52 am

Damanscene wrote:But I think that Jerry Springer is cancelled now right. :lol:

So were my posts. ;)

Probably. Though, The Pope or equally influential Christian debating against a reanimated Anton LaVey might be interesting, mainly because I think LaVey would make some funny comments about he's more like Jesus than the influential Christian.

@}-;-'---

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:52 am

Ceannairceach wrote:
Damanscene wrote::o No Way! :o

It doesn't really matter if the Christian community is ready or not. Land is not owned only by the Churches of Christ, and I'm sure Satanists can gather enough money to buy a plot or two near churches or cathedrals.

Your idea has some merit from a shock-value perspective, but I personally think we should be building our Temples where we want them, regardless of where the Christians built their Cathedrals.
Hail Satan!

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:56 am

Big Jim P wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:It doesn't really matter if the Christian community is ready or not. Land is not owned only by the Churches of Christ, and I'm sure Satanists can gather enough money to buy a plot or two near churches or cathedrals.

Your idea has some merit from a shock-value perspective, but I personally think we should be building our Temples where we want them, regardless of where the Christians built their Cathedrals.

It really was a joke >_> Hence the *nod*, and then expanding with what you said just now. The Christian community's opinion on where temples are built is rather irreverent, as it is the organizations choice between available land.

@}-;-'---

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:59 am

Ceannairceach wrote:
Big Jim P wrote:

It really was a joke >_> Hence the *nod*, and then expanding with what you said just now. The Christian community's opinion on where temples are built is rather irreverent, as it is the organizations choice between available land.

I got the joke. Thus the damning with faint praise. :lol2: See my earlier (serious) comment about the relevancy of Christianity to Satanic thought. ;)
Hail Satan!

Yootwopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yootwopia » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:20 am

Not really my scene. My dad still fucks about with the I Ching and his yarrow stalks from time to time (he actually turned down a well-paid job because of this), and both of my parents go to Quaker meetings, but I feel that's only really because in York the Quakers occupy the same position as the Masons in most of Europe.
Technically a Polanski.

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:55 am

Conserative Morality wrote:
Damanscene wrote:I have always wondered how the Satanist thing started. I even considered putting it on the poll. But guessed that there were no one on NS that was Satanist. Guess I guessed wrong. So believe I am 100% serious when I ask you about how you got started in the faith and how people react to your faith.

Note:maybe I should add it to the poll... :unsure:

Big Jim P is also a LaVeyan Satanist, IIRC.

So is Terra Agora.

Belvadaire wrote:I rather hear the truth and stead of a preacher that trying to make feel comfortable in my sin, I want to feel that conviction.

Nature-Spirits wrote:What is your religion? I am not a part of any organised religion, but I call myself Eclectic Pagan. This means that I pick the aspects of different Pagan religions that I like and mix them together. The religions that I utilize in my worship/beliefs include Asatru, Shinto, Buddhism, Gaianism, Wicca, Shamanism, Onmyoudou (while this is not strictly a belief system it is a religious practise), and European Witchcraft (while this isn't strictly a belief system either it is also a religious practise). I also use many other beliefs.
How long have you followed it? Ever since I have understood the concept of religion or deities I have been some form of Pagan. First I was Gaian, then Wiccan, now I am Eclectic Pagan.
What are some of the central beliefs of your faith? My beliefs are not very strict, but here goes:
In the beginning there was only energy. This energy had not only sentience but sapience and became lonely. So it created the Goddess and the God. The Goddess and the God basically had sex and the Big Bang happened. Either that or the energy being made itself explode and that was the Big Bang, in which the Goddess and God were created. There really isn't any book I can consult about this, so we just have to guess ("we" meaning myself and other Pagans who adhere to a religion that doesn't have a specific creation myth). Anyway, life was born in the form of microscopic beings. From there life evolved into new lifeforms.
All of the different deities are beings in their own right, however they are a part of the Goddess and the God, who are in turn beings in their own right, yet part of the One (also known as the All, explained earlier in this post as an energy being).
There are also Spirits, who are also energy beings (just like the deities and the One), more powerful than most Humans yet less powerful than the Gods. There are Nature Spirits, Guardian Spirits, etc. Some prefer to stay away from us, others prefer to service us, others prefer to be friends with us, and others prefer to terrorize us.
Also, if you send positive thoughts and actions out positive things come back to you times three. It's the same with negative thoughts and actions. It's called the Law of Three or the Threefold Law.
How does your faith view other faiths? We generally accept members of all faiths as long as they are respectful. We do not try to convert people. Here's the reason:
Visualize a beautiful, flowered meadow in the middle of a forest. This meadow is Enlightenment. Going through the forest to the meadow are many paths. Each of these paths is a different religion. One person may be comfortable on one path but uncomfortable on other paths. Another person may be uncomfortable on the first person's chosen path but comfortable on another path that the first person didn't like. So each person must choose their own path. All of the paths bring you to Enlightenment.

This is the same kind of animist/soft polytheist Wicca-type stuff that I used to be kinda obsessed with. It's weird how much you have in common with me as of about a year ago.

Anyways, I believe in a lot of philosophical concepts from Daoism, but I wouldn't say I have "faith" in anything.
Last edited by Meryuma on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
ᛋᛃᚢ - Social Justice Úlfheðinn
Potarius wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass.

In layman's terms, orgy time.

Niur wrote: my soul has no soul.

Saint Clair Island wrote:The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Trotskylvania wrote:Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

Norstal wrote:Gunpowder Plot: America.

Meryuma: "Well, I just hope these hyperboles don't...

*puts on sunglasses*

blow out of proportions."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...so here's your future

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:53 am

What is your religion?:

Animism.

My entire life. :)

The divine can be seen in nature. Everything that's alive, and even what is usually not considered alive, has a spirit. The universe is like a clockwork of all these entities and is itself perfect. We should therefore consider other life, the environment, and our place within it very strongly and with great respect.

No comment, really. It's more how other faiths view animism. Getting laughed at kind of sucks.
Your friendly neighborhood zoophile. I'm here to answer questions. Also, we have a region: Zoo!

Norstal wrote:You are a hatiater: one who radiates hate.

Meryuma wrote:No one is more of a cat person than 1000 Cats!

FST wrote:Any sexual desires which can be satiated within a healthy and consensual way should be freed from shame. Bizarre kinks and fetishes are acceptable and nothing to be ashamed of as long as they are acted out in a context where everyone consents and no one is hurt.
Factbook/Q&A | RP | Conlang | Short Story

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:05 am

What is your religion? Conservative Jew

How long have you followed it? Since I was born

What are some of the central beliefs of your faith? Kinda hard to describe. The Messiah has not yet come. There is no hell.

How does your faith view other faiths? Depends
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:19 am

What do you enjoy the most about your faith?

Just how it makes me feel about the world around me, I guess. It's humbling, for one, and brings with it a sort of clarity. I don't know, like I said, I've been animistic my whole life, so it's just sort of automatic.

Would you ever date someone of a different faith?

I've yet to find any evidence that an animal can have religious ideas. ;) So yes?

What don't you like about your faith?

Probably all the people who throw in a load of magical-thinking crap into the mix. No offence to Wiccans and whatnot here, it just makes the majority of the population who hear "spirits in nature" this idea of some skyclad satyr-wannabe waving around a pentacle and praising the Goddess.

How do you believe people that follow your faith can improve?

I don't know. I guess by not doing the above. Just take it easy, be simple, do what feels natural. Animism is just the idea that there are spirits of non-human entities that exist in nature; that belief alone is enough to shape an individual.
Your friendly neighborhood zoophile. I'm here to answer questions. Also, we have a region: Zoo!

FST wrote:Any sexual desires which can be satiated within a healthy and consensual way should be freed from shame. Bizarre kinks and fetishes are acceptable and nothing to be ashamed of as long as they are acted out in a context where everyone consents and no one is hurt.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:05 am

1000 Cats wrote:What do you enjoy the most about your faith?

Just how it makes me feel about the world around me, I guess. It's humbling, for one, and brings with it a sort of clarity. I don't know, like I said, I've been animistic my whole life, so it's just sort of automatic.

I've yet to find any evidence that an animal can have religious ideas. ;) So yes?

Probably all the people who throw in a load of magical-thinking crap into the mix. No offence to Wiccans and whatnot here, it just makes the majority of the population who hear "spirits in nature" this idea of some skyclad satyr-wannabe waving around a pentacle and praising the Goddess.

I don't know. I guess by not doing the above. Just take it easy, be simple, do what feels natural. Animism is just the idea that there are spirits of non-human entities that exist in nature; that belief alone is enough to shape an individual.

That's a good update. :) Mind if I steal your questions?
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Novaya Tselinoyarsk
Senator

Founded: Aug 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Novaya Tselinoyarsk » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:06 am

Wasn't there one of these not even two days ago?

I have no faith in modern religion, but I'm not an atheist.
Proletariacka Rzeczpospolita Nowy Tselinoyarsk
Proletarskaya Respubliki Novaya Tselinoyarsk

The Irish Marchlands
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish Marchlands » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:17 am

What is your religion? Roman Catholicism

How long have you followed it? All of my life, have been blessed to have been Baptised a Catholic since birth, even though my Parent's admittedly weren't too keen on catachesis as I was being raised since they thought it didnt seem to work on my brothers.

What are some of the central beliefs of your faith? The Apostle's Creed is a good Layout but then again its central to pretty much all Trinitarian and traditional Christian denominations. Specifically in my faith that the Bishop of Rome is the inheritor of Peter as head apostle and the Catholic Church is the one true faith

How does your faith view other faiths? Strictly speaking? While not hostile to others, is does NOT view other views as a legitimate means of salvation regardless of how benevolent other faiths and their adherents are. This is regardless of what more theologically liberal Roman Catholics would personally believe, it is not the stance of the Catholic Church itself, which has never changed its view to other religions, be they heretical, schismatic or heathen (as in simply not Christian to begin with) while admitting that other religions do indeed have samples of the Truth in their teachings. They do not posses the full Truth.

What do you enjoy the most about your faith? The History, theology, rituals and general culture. Catholicism to me is a living thing in and of itself and it is exhilerating.

Would you ever date someone of a different faith? Do athiests count? My ex-girlfriend was an Atheist before I met her, she's sort of an unbaptised Catholic since we broke up. (before anyone asks the breakup wasnt over religion, but nonetheless it was a clusterfuck of emotions)

What don't you like about your faith? I can't really say I find anything 'wrong' with the faith itself but I utterly DESPISE those who water it down, be they liberation theologians or what have you. It is a disgrace and dishonours God. And I suppose it has to count since a very very LARGE number of Clergy and Religious in the western world water the faith down like nothing else.

How do you believe people that follow your faith can improve? Through a Relationship with God and a reassurance that yes, you can be forgiven, no matter who you are or what you did, but you have to make the Choice to come to God through His holy sacrements. And, when you get down to it, a truly challenging faith to strive to live your life by, and not some namby-pamby religion that doesnt even take itself seriously.

I know this thread is not about arguing which faith is ''correct'' so I wont start, but I decided to answer the questions frankly for clarity's sake.
Last edited by The Irish Marchlands on Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
For RP purposes my nation has 16 million people.
Militarily, the standing military forces amount to a 10th of the population, 1,600,000 with a substantial amount of the civilian population trained due to an Opt Out national service and a Jingoistic national attitude.

The Irish Marchlands Factbook
Wars
War of Lebourean Liberation - Result: Co-alition victory, regime change, end to genocide, religious freedom guaranteed for all the people of Leboure
Seal

Economic Left/Right: 0.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.49
Le political test: http://www.politicaltest.net/test/graphic2/169329_eng.jpg
Just call me Mr. Righty McRightright

Angleter
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Angleter » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:40 am

What is your religion?

Roman Catholicism.

I was raised one, so it's pretty hard to call a definite time when I 'became a Catholic', but I was confirmed into the Church six years ago.

Well, there's all the basic Christian doctrine, but what sets us apart is Apostolic Succession (shared with Orthodoxy, belief that our Church's authority comes through lineage back to Peter, appointed by Jesus himself); the belief in the power of the Pope as God's representative on Earth (and his capability of making infallible statements- however, the Pope is NOT infallible himself); and notable distinct theological beliefs such as general rejection of Protestants' 'five solas', belief in a Purgatory before Heaven for sinners who aren't bad enough to go to Hell, and transubstantiation.

The Church views other Christian denominations, Orthodox Churches excluded (they're alright, if not perfect), as suffering from 'defects', and other religions (or lacks thereof) as 'gravely deficient'. These constitute '[obstacles] to salvation' for their followers, though they are not actually prohibited from salvation, provided their 'works' are sufficient for salvation. It's also worth noting that Catholics, though boosted by being of the right faith, have to a certain extent greater responsibilities, as they 'know' or believe in the truth- basically, if a Catholic sins, he really ought to know better.
Last edited by Angleter on Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]"I gotta tell you, this is just crazy, huh! This is just nuts, OK! Jeezo man."

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:04 am

The Rich Port wrote:
1000 Cats wrote:What do you enjoy the most about your faith?

That's a good update. :) Mind if I steal your questions?

They're not my questions, heh. The OP updated with new questions. But hey, go right ahead. :)

Izzyshipper
Minister

Founded: Jun 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Izzyshipper » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:50 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:Do not take that which does not belong to you, unless it is a burden to the other person and they cry out to be relieved.

That one looks like it can be abused. You could say a friend had too much money and wasn't spending it wisely, and was "begging" for it to be stolen.
Female |I use UK Spelling

Wise princes avoid as much as they can being in other men's power - Niccolò Machiavelli

Government- Monarchy
Ruler - Queen Sophia I
Demonym - Izzyerian

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General