NATION

PASSWORD

Dreams

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Greater Stolichnaya
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Dreams

Postby Greater Stolichnaya » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:15 pm

Did you have a strange dream lately? Can you describe what happened in words? Could you feel the emotions the people in the dream felt? This thread is for posting dreams, discussing their contents, and perhaps analyzing a message your subconscious is trying to tell you.

I personally like this description of a dream I found in Game Informer magazine. I don't think it was ACTUALLY a dream, rather an account of real events, but was so bizarre to the author's eyes (mine as well) that it could have been a dream.
Matt Helgeson, GI Senior Associate Editor wrote:I had the weirdest dream once. There was this thing called the N-Gage--a cell phone that played games-but to use it you had to hold it to your head like you were talking into a plastic taco. Suddenly I was at an E3 press conference and all these breakdancers came out and performed mobile game themed slam poetry. Then a bunch of Scandinavian executives came and talked about how Nokia (Nokia! As if!) was going to dominate video games in the future. They sort of sounded like Goldmember. Oh, and John Romero said something! But nobody in the dream cared. Then this girl came out, danced around, and took off her shirt to reveal a "$299" painted on her belly. In the dream nobody clapped or said anything because it was all too bizarre. They didn't know what to say.

Disclaimer: As Generalites aren't licensed psychoanalytic dream interpreters, it wouldn't be wise to take advice drawn from conclusions based on speculations about your dreams. In other words, if someone thinks a dream about where your boss is a goat means that you should quit your job, please don't blame that "someone," me, representatives of NationStates, Max Barry, or anyone else but yourself if you take their advice and end up as a miserable, penniless bum. Thank you.
Last edited by Greater Stolichnaya on Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Mental disorders ARE physical. Your brain physically exists. Well...okay...brains physically exist." - The Norwegian Blue

"Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"I play Peter Griffin, a heroic warrior who defied the English to free England from the English." - Peter Griffin

Ordo Drakul
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Ordo Drakul » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:35 pm

I keep dreaming of being turned into animals-usually an ape or dog. Since I'm not a furry, I can only hope it's not prophetic, and good luck finding a dream interpretation guide on animal transformation dreams.

And yes-they are real enough I have to run my hands over myself when I wake up, and realizing I'm thinkiing instead of instinctive comes as quite a shock.
Last edited by Ordo Drakul on Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Murtunian Tribes
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Murtunian Tribes » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:43 pm

I had a dream. There was a solar eclipse. At first everything was normal, but when the moon passed light did not return to the sky. You could still the sun, but it just wasn't lighting the sky. Then it turned a reddish color, started shooting off MASSIVE solar flares, and then broke apart. No explosion, it just broke. Then everything went dark (duh.), and all I could think was "Oh shit".

Well, that's my boring ass story for the week.

Greater Stolichnaya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Stolichnaya » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:47 pm

The Murtunian Tribes wrote:I had a dream. There was a solar eclipse. At first everything was normal, but when the moon passed light did not return to the sky. You could still the sun, but it just wasn't lighting the sky. Then it turned a reddish color, started shooting off MASSIVE solar flares, and then broke apart. No explosion, it just broke. Then everything went dark (duh.), and all I could think was "Oh shit".

That wasn't really boring. Maybe you think that once something bad happens, its effects are going to last forever. Were you ever arrested before, or if not, do you fear being arrested?
"Mental disorders ARE physical. Your brain physically exists. Well...okay...brains physically exist." - The Norwegian Blue

"Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"I play Peter Griffin, a heroic warrior who defied the English to free England from the English." - Peter Griffin

The Murtunian Tribes
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Murtunian Tribes » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:04 pm

Greater Stolichnaya wrote:
The Murtunian Tribes wrote:I had a dream. There was a solar eclipse. At first everything was normal, but when the moon passed light did not return to the sky. You could still the sun, but it just wasn't lighting the sky. Then it turned a reddish color, started shooting off MASSIVE solar flares, and then broke apart. No explosion, it just broke. Then everything went dark (duh.), and all I could think was "Oh shit".

That wasn't really boring. Maybe you think that once something bad happens, its effects are going to last forever. Were you ever arrested before, or if not, do you fear being arrested?

I was arrested once, and spent about a day and a half in the classification block of the county jail (an expirience that can only be described as excruciatingly boring). However, my charges were dropped before going to trial. Other than that, no I don't fear being arrested.

Johz
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Johz » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:21 pm

I love my dreams, I meet really friendly people in them. I had one recently that involved aircraft manufacturing, although more than that I couldn't tell you. Also the suspense - you get to the end and you just want to find out what happens.
Always Ready (With a Cuppa): UDL
Praise [violet] for safe switching!

The Village of Johz - (Factbook)
Head of Foreign Affairs:
Mr Newman
Head of the Flower Rota: Mrs Figgis
Population: 269 (Johzians)
Sometime between when the "evolution is just a theory" nonesense dies out, and when Ashmoria starts using captitalization. - EnragedMaldivians
It's called a tangent. It tends to happen on NSG. - Olthar
[E]very Brit I've met on the internet has been violently apathetic. - Conserative Morality
This is Johz. I'd like to give him a hug someday. - Celly
See a mistake? Send me a telegram!|I would be very much indebted to you.
LINKS: My Website|Barryman|Gay Marriage: Who will be next?

#NSG on esper.net - Join us!
Also, bonobos zygons.

Celestial Divinities
Minister

Founded: Dec 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Celestial Divinities » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:25 pm

I've had dreams of my boyfriend cheating on me for the past five nights.
Boob sisters with WWIIHG!
Vortiaganica was here >.>

I am every mighty mild seventies child

Married to Esty.

Unit 1190
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unit 1190 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:26 pm

I'm usually lucid in my dreams, so I dream about whatever I want. Although I did slip up once and had a 'normal' REM dream. Bunch of wolves running through a forest. Me among them (as a wolf). I'm not a furry, but it was kind of cool.

Monte Mare
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Monte Mare » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:27 pm

My dreams have been very realistic the last weeks for some reason, but i can recall one where i was kissing a girl and i suddenly became a bear with a hat... I should write that one on my dream diary

Jasarite
Envoy

Founded: Jul 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jasarite » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:28 pm

I dreamed that I was sorting out my recycling. This is how dull my life has become.
We must not look at goblin men,
We must not buy their fruits:
Who knows upon what soil they fed
Their hungry thirsty roots?- Goblin Market-Christina Rosetti

Unit 1190
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unit 1190 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:32 pm

Jasarite wrote:I dreamed that I was sorting out my recycling. This is how dull my life has become.

Try lucid dreaming. That's where it's at.

Tectorum
Attaché

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tectorum » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:35 pm

A few days ago i had a dream that started out perfect. It was at a school dance with my now ex-girlfriend and i won a dance contest and got a helicopter. Then the dream started going south real fast. I got in the helicopter and started to fly it and i noticed i had to go get it insured to own it and i couldnt sell it so i had to fork over $1000 to insure it. Then i flew up in the air and was given a ticket by a passenger plane for not having a pilots license. Then while i grumbling about that some dude where bird wings on his arms flew up beside me and skyjacked my heli and i fell to the floor.... fast. :p

Greater Stolichnaya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Stolichnaya » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:30 pm

The Murtunian Tribes wrote:
Greater Stolichnaya wrote:That wasn't really boring. Maybe you think that once something bad happens, its effects are going to last forever. Were you ever arrested before, or if not, do you fear being arrested?

I was arrested once, and spent about a day and a half in the classification block of the county jail (an expirience that can only be described as excruciatingly boring). However, my charges were dropped before going to trial. Other than that, no I don't fear being arrested.

Currently involved in anything that may be high pressure, like at a job?

Greater Stolichnaya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Stolichnaya » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:33 pm

Celestial Divinities wrote:I've had dreams of my boyfriend cheating on me for the past five nights.

Even though some people say that those dreams don't really mean anything, because it's "just your imagination," it's actually investigation-worthy. Perhaps your brain is detecting body language that he is giving or pieces of a puzzle that you overlooked which indicate he is actually cheating on you.

Inchland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 26, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Inchland » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:25 pm

I had one the other night, I was trying to get back home from somewhere with a couple of my friends, we were hitch hiking I think. We were trying to find our way out of Dublin city to get some 250 miles to the south to where we all live (we may have been somewhere before that, I can't recall) Eventually we ended up back home at another of my friends house's which is a B&B, we were still quite far from my house at this stage... although in reality this house is less than a mile from where I live. We wanted to stay a couple of nights before actually going home we could stay for a very modest €10 a night which is much cheaper than normal. From there we went to the nearest village where I bought some chocolate and sweets and shit like that. We then went to the Church in the Village where mass was taking place and went in for a while as the church stuff was going on, when my phone rang so I went out behind the church to answer it, It was my mom who wanted to know where I was and when I'd be back, I said I had no idea, that it would just be "some time soon"
<end dream>

Others I've had recently involved the death of a guy I know and me going to extreme and strange lengths to get to the funeral, as well as another where a different friend cut most of his lower arm off with a large knife. I find dreams quite interesting really.
CELESTIAL DIVINITIES and NIGHTKILL THE EMPEROR and DENECAEP and KALASION and WWII History Geeks Asked To Be Here, I Said Yes.

Recipient of the Hahklallian Smartness Award, awarded to me by Hahklallah

Nightkill The Emperor again..... Just because
Tsarsgrad was here.

Greater Stolichnaya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Stolichnaya » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:34 pm

I had one dream that I was at a concert that I went to with my now ex-girlfriend. I can remember (at the actual concert) that the drummer threw his drumsticks, one at a time. The concert was over by the time this was happening, so people were shuffling out, and I was nowhere near close enough to catch it, despite the venue taking place in a small building. But in my dream, I was about to walk out the door (as I was in real life) when I saw the drummer start to get up to throw the stick. I dropped everything in my hands, ran towards the stage, stepped up on a handrail, and caught the drumstick just as it was about to fall in someone else's hands. He was about to throw the other stick, I wanted to run towards it to catch that one too, but he threw it too far, and I couldn't get there fast enough. After I went home, I was like, "I don't want just one drumstick." So I called a cab, took it back to the place, and the band was backstage, doing something with their equipment. I told the drummer I wanted his other stick, but he told me to wait until they played, which didn't make any sense, because no one except me and the band was there. But they started to play, and the venue was filled with people dancing again. I woke up before they stopped playing, and I never got his other drumstick.

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:56 pm

Celestial Divinities wrote:I've had dreams of my boyfriend cheating on me for the past five nights.

I'm sorry, but we got super drunk, you know how it is. And, uh, football....Dallas cheerleaders, Playboy. Okay, what was I saying? Oh right, don't worry I'm sure that didn't happen.
Last edited by Mike the Progressive on Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Murtunian Tribes
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Murtunian Tribes » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:30 pm

Greater Stolichnaya wrote:

Currently involved in anything that may be high pressure, like at a job?

High pressure? No, not really. I'm involved in some legal proceedings (won't go into details) but it's sort of a win or no lose situation for me. Isn't going to hurt me regardless.

Greater Stolichnaya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Stolichnaya » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:32 pm

Greater Stolichnaya wrote:Currently involved in anything that may be high pressure, like at a job?

High pressure? No, not really. I'm involved in some legal proceedings (won't go into details) but it's sort of a win or no lose situation for me. Isn't going to hurt me regardless.

Hmph, other than that I'm stumped. Is there any area of your life where you may have anxiety that a negative outcome could result in drastic, long-lasting effects?

Hresejnen
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hresejnen » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:46 pm

I dreamed someone loved me.

... :(

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:48 pm

Hresejnen wrote:I dreamed someone loved me.

Ah, c'mon, you just left that open for me....Is this a test to see if I can resist flaming or something? Because gah, it's hard.
Last edited by Mike the Progressive on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greater Stolichnaya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Stolichnaya » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:02 pm

>foreveralone.jpg

Naw man, I know that feel. I literally asked myself the other night lying in bed why it is that I have such a big heart but no girl wants it.

Timurid Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Timurid Empire » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:08 pm

I usually have a recurring dream about leading a revolution of some sorts, and leading a new nation that unifies the planet, which leads to a new age of explorations and scientific discoveries. It is a good dream. Until we discover an evil alien race (Like the Tyranids in Warhammer40k) and are forced into a war for the survival of the species. Aside from all the death and destruction, it is a good dream.

EDIT: Spelling.
Last edited by Timurid Empire on Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -6.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.28

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:16 pm

i usually dream about taking part in a conflict of some sort, at least im not bored while im sleeping, im shooting down germans in my P-38 or hunting battleships in a nuclear sub or charging up a hill fighting for a glorius cause. thats what i usually dream about

then sometimes i die in my dreams wich usually causes me to wake up, once i was dreaming i was flying in a P-38 and crashed into my neigboors backyard and died, strangely he dreampt the exact same thing from his perspective when i told him.

Hresejnen
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hresejnen » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:20 pm

Mike the Progressive wrote:

Ah, c'mon, you just left that open for me....Is this a test to see if I can resist flaming or something? Because gah, it's hard.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General