NATION

PASSWORD

'Straight Pride' Posters Appear On Ohio's Youngstown State U

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:56 am

Republic of the Cristo wrote:I never said that I no longer loved them, only disapproved. Such as that when your child did something wrong. I will not violate my personal beliefs for the comforts of others, but I will still show love.

If you're seeing them as wayward children rather than adults (or near adults) with their own thoughts, feelings, confusions, insecurities, and uncertainties, then you're not being a friend. If you're going to disapprove of them based upon an aspect of their nature that they have no way of changing, an aspect that causes harm to no one, then you're part of the problem in their lives.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:57 am

Republic of the Cristo wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:

Legally, no where, but then it is very difficult for an openly homosexual person to be elected (until recently, it is becoming easier in certain areas). Yes it is, but homosexuals face a large number of attacks because they are homosexual. Did I say it has anything to do directly with the government, it is still discrimination and still has parallels. Saying you do not like gays is not discrimination, acting on it is.

No I am not. Everything I said is true.[/quotT

The kind you were speaking of was political or governmental. Also, the extent that gay people are harassed compared to how blacks were, is miniscule.

It really isn't.
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

Teemant
Senator

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Teemant » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:57 am

Neutraligon wrote:
Teemant wrote:
I think you're stretching it here.

Where does it say in law that homosexual cannot be elected.
Attacking any person regardless of their sexuality is a crimes, if parent kicks teens out of house it has nothing to do with goverment and how are people allowed to discriminate them? You can't call everything discrimination for example if someone says that he doesn't like gays.

You're trying to make things look worse than they are. I'm starting to think that this whole gay culture bases around being victimized so they try to make things look even worse. It's propaganda - making people feel like they're targeted. Exactly what Stalin and Hitler did.

Legally, no where, but then it is very difficult for an openly homosexual person to be elected (until recently, it is becoming easier in certain areas). Yes it is, but homosexuals face a large number of attacks because they are homosexual. Did I say it has anything to do directly with the government, it is still discrimination and still has parallels. Saying you do not like gays is not discrimination, acting on it is.

No I am not. Everything I said is true.

Have you ever thought that if gay person doesn't get elected it may have nothing to do with his/her sexuality but her election platform that people simply don't support.
People get assaulted or mugged everyday regardless of their sexuality. I think some criminals didn't even know that the people they commited crime against was a homesexual because it's really difficult to tell if person is straight or homosexual unless they're wearing like million rainbows and very purple clothing.
Eesti
Latvija
Lietuva
Polska

Mysterious Stranger
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mysterious Stranger » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:58 am

Republic of the Cristo wrote:I never said that I no longer loved them, only disapproved. Such as that when your child did something wrong. I will not violate my personal beliefs for the comforts of others, but I will still show love.

But love is acceptance of another person's core identity, the person behind the actions, what they are. And if something is part of them, and they can't change it, love means accepting that part of them. Singling out one thing they can't do anything about, one part of who they are, and saying "I can't accept this, I find this intrinsic part of you ugly," is failing to love them.
Last edited by Mysterious Stranger on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bezkoshtovnya
Senator

Founded: Sep 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezkoshtovnya » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:58 am

Republic of the Cristo wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:

The kind you were speaking of was political or governmental. Also, the extent that gay people are harassed compared to how blacks were, is miniscule.

Not at all. They are harassed in varying levels of severity all across the globe.
Last edited by Bezkoshtovnya on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dante Alighieri wrote:There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.
ΦΣK
------------------

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:59 am

Teemant wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:

Have you ever thought that if gay person doesn't get elected it may have nothing to do with his/her sexuality but her election platform that people simply don't support.
People get assaulted or mugged everyday regardless of their sexuality. I think some criminals didn't even know that the people they commited crime against was a homesexual because it's really difficult to tell if person is straight or homosexual unless they're wearing like million rainbows and very purple clothing.

When people outright say they will not vote for a homosexual...

Sure they do, but not in the same proportion as homosexuals get assaulted, and they do not get mugged for their sexuality. Homosexuals deal with the mugging same as everyone else, and with the assault because of their sexuality.
Just A Little though

Dukats
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dukats » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:00 am

They are pushing those gay rights stuff down our throat (like I did to yo mama last night,sorry).
Like one guy said on this thread
"Hey I'm gay."
"Ok.Cool."
"I'm gay."
"Ok."
"I'm gay."
"Shut up!"

Mysterious Stranger
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mysterious Stranger » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:01 am

Republic of the Cristo wrote:Awkward yes, but it would be just as bad to lie.

The sad thing is this actually happens. A lot of gay men are married with kids- they didn't really have a choice.

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:01 am

kinda messed up on my quote there
Orthodox Christian, Nationalist, Reactionary, Stoic

(2 Kings 2:23-25): you won't be dissappointed

New Frenco Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Frenco Empire » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:02 am

Dukats wrote:They are pushing those gay rights stuff down our throat (like I did to yo mama last night,sorry).
"Hey I'm gay."
"Ok.Cool."
"I'm gay."
"Ok."
"I'm gay."
"Shut up!"

omg like right xD

i got nothin against fags but there always talkin bout how they get killed and shit. Im just like omg shut up noone cares!1

also, you totally got me with the yo mama joke! :3 le epic memes bro xDDDD
NEW FRENCO EMPIRE

Transferring information from disorganized notes into presentable factbooks is way too time consuming for a procrastinator. Just ask if you have questions.
Plutocratic Evil Empire™ situated in a post-apocalyptic Decopunk North America. Extreme PMT, yet socially stuck in the interwar/immediate post-war era, with Jazz music and flapper culture alongside nanotechnology and Martian colonies. Tier I power of the Frencoverse.

Las Palmeras wrote:Roaring 20s but in the future and with mutants

Alyakia wrote:you are a modern poet
Top Hits of 2132! (Imperial Public Radio)
Coming at you from Fort Orwell! (Imperial Forces Network)

Teemant
Senator

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Teemant » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:02 am

Neutraligon wrote:
Teemant wrote:

Sure they do, but not in the same proportion as homosexuals get assaulted, and they do not get mugged for their sexuality. Homosexuals deal with the mugging same as everyone else, and with the assault because of their sexuality.

But they have right not to vote for a homosexual and nothing can be done about it. There is nothing that goverment or anyone can do about it.
Eesti
Latvija
Lietuva
Polska

Keyboard Warriors
Minister

Founded: Mar 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Keyboard Warriors » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:02 am

New Frenco Empire wrote:
Dukats wrote:They are pushing those gay rights stuff down our throat (like I did to yo mama last night,sorry).
"Hey I'm gay."
"Ok.Cool."
"I'm gay."
"Ok."
"I'm gay."
"Shut up!"

omg like right xD

i got nothin against fags but there always talkin bout how they get killed and shit. Im just like omg shut up noone cares!1

T'was the dankest of meme.
Yes.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:03 am

"Hey I'm gay."
"Ok.Cool."
"I'm gay."
"Ok."
"I'm gay."
"Shut up!"

Again it's more like

"Homosexuality is an abomination before god"
"I am homosexual"
"Homosexuals should not be allowed to marry, they are abominations against god"
"I am homosexual and I am not ashamed of my homosexuality"
"Why do you keep telling us you are homosexual?"
Just A Little though

Bezkoshtovnya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezkoshtovnya » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:04 am

"Hey I'm gay."
"Ok.Cool."
"I'm gay."
"Ok."
"I'm gay."
"Shut up!"

Raising awareness of the injustice they endure is not shoving anything down your throat. Some who disagree with homosexuality however, are attempting to shove their personal opinions down everyone's throat by legislating their homophobia into law.
Dante Alighieri wrote:There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.
ΦΣK
------------------

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:04 am

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
Republic of the Cristo wrote:Awkward yes, but it would be just as bad to lie.

The sad thing is this actually happens. A lot of gay men are married with kids- they didn't really have a choice.

And that's the silent, less talked-about tragedy of a society that isn't fully accepting of gays and lesbians: people trapped in loveless (or at least sexless) marriages, living their lives in total isolation while surrounded by their families.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:04 am

Teemant wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:

But they have right not to vote for a homosexual and nothing can be done about it. There is nothing that goverment or anyone can do about it.

Sure they do, but it is still discrimination and is still a similarity to african american civil rights
Just A Little though

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:05 am

Teemant wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:

Nobody's saying that they don't, or that the government should be involved. However, it's still a sign of discrimination and bigotry.

Dukats
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dukats » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:06 am

New Frenco Empire wrote:
"Hey I'm gay."
"Ok.Cool."
"I'm gay."
"Ok."
"I'm gay."
"Shut up!"

omg like right xD

You can't change the way people think I'm some countries.It takes generations.Yet they want it all of the sudden to change.Keep quiet and wait.

Dremovia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dremovia » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:06 am

OK laugh or not its going to be a bigger issue in the future. The sex/gender issue is being forced, like all problems that start small then grow into bs. Being aware of this makes you smart with reason. Be wise and nip it in the bud or it will grow into problems in the future! :)

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:07 am

Dukats wrote:
New Frenco Empire wrote:omg like right xD

You can't change the way people think I'm some countries.It takes generations.Yet they want it all of the sudden to change.Keep quiet and wait.

Right, because there's such a history of social change being created by oppressed groups shutting the fuck up and sitting down.

New Frenco Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Frenco Empire » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:07 am

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Teemant wrote:

Nobody's saying that they don't, or that the government should be involved. However, it's still a sign of discrimination and bigotry.

omg stop implying that societal awareness is important! you're shoving this gay rights crap down my throat! just like hitler and stalin!
Last edited by New Frenco Empire on Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
NEW FRENCO EMPIRE

Transferring information from disorganized notes into presentable factbooks is way too time consuming for a procrastinator. Just ask if you have questions.
Plutocratic Evil Empire™ situated in a post-apocalyptic Decopunk North America. Extreme PMT, yet socially stuck in the interwar/immediate post-war era, with Jazz music and flapper culture alongside nanotechnology and Martian colonies. Tier I power of the Frencoverse.

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:07 am

Dukats wrote:

Are you familiar with the proverb "silence gives consent"? Silence gives consent to oppression. Keeping quiet is the exact opposite of what the LGBT community needs to do.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Bezkoshtovnya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezkoshtovnya » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:08 am

Dukats wrote:

Yeah, just let them sit quiet while they are prosecuted before the law in some countries, denied the rights of marrying loved ones in others, and outright killed in yet more. God, they should just shut up and deal, right?
ΦΣK
------------------

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:09 am

Dukats wrote:

Keeping quiet means nothing will change, it is only when people talk, when it is a part of everyday conversation, when it is your mother, your brother, your friend that tells you they are homosexual that change occurs. It is only when people stop fearing the discrimination, when they stop listening to those saying you should feel ashamed for how you feel, that change can occur. It might not take generations, it has not taken all that long for massive changes to already occur.
Just A Little though

New Frenco Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Frenco Empire » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:09 am

Dukats wrote:

You realize how goddamn stupid that is, right? How will change happen without awareness?

Or as you call it, "le gay rights being shoved down my throat!1"
NEW FRENCO EMPIRE

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General