NATION

PASSWORD

MineCraft

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Squizard
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Squizard » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:55 pm

I do!!
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.
- Professor Membrane.

Inky Noodles
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Inky Noodles » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:57 pm

ME!!!
Transnapastain wrote:
Inky Noodles wrote:QUICK.

I WANNA ASK SOMEONE TO HOMECOMING.

whaddo I do?!

So I just met you
and this is crazy
but heres my number
homecoming maybe?

*not a valid offer.

~Trans, killing TET's since part 45.

San Leggera wrote:
Veceria wrote:People with big noses have big penises.
Even the females.

Especially the females. *nod*

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Belligerent Alcoholics wrote:Are you OK? :eyebrow:

It's a person called Inky Noodles in a thread that is not exactly known for its sanity in general. Do the math, beerguzzler.

18 year old Virginian

Ravens, O's, and Penguins fan

Durmatagno
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Durmatagno » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:00 pm

All right, so right of the bat I must state that while I love minecraft, I have no money to be able to donate to keeping a server up a running, however I have plenty of time to moderate in-game to look for rule breakers, trolls, griefers and the such.
When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough. - Maurice Maeterlinck

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. - Washington Irving

It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get. - Confucius

Tsarsgrad
Minister

Founded: Jun 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsarsgrad » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:21 pm

Yesterday I built a cross about 70 feet high on top of a mountain of diamonds and gold, as well as a Parthenon made entirely of Obsidian.
Last edited by Tsarsgrad on Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:Yeah? Well I Am An American, and proud of it. Rawr. *waves flag* Just not always of my fellow Americans, whom I would on occasion like to beat about the head and shoulders repeatedly to try and knock out the stupid. >_>
Inquisitor of the NS Ōrdō Logicae- Fighting against fallacies and ignorance.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
-Theodore Roosevelt
And on the pedestal these words appear: I am Ozymandias, king of kings, ye who are mighty, look upon my works, and despair.
@}-;-'---

Manahakatouki
Senator

Founded: Oct 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Manahakatouki » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:36 pm

Still working on my castle...

Gotta chamber for feasts and weapon storing and such...

I just need to know how to make good looking pillars for decorative purposes...
And so it was, that I had never changed.

Mesoland
Senator

Founded: Feb 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mesoland » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:56 pm

Manahakatouki wrote:Still working on my castle...

Gotta chamber for feasts and weapon storing and such...

I just need to know how to make good looking pillars for decorative purposes...

Well, End Stone (found in the End) looks nice, or Sandstone may do the trick. However, I'd recommend dowloading the Technic pack and mining Marble. It's as common as stone when you dig down!

Ovisterra
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovisterra » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:25 pm

Couldn't we just use an already established server? That doesn't require payment?

(Namedropping, like a bawss)
Removing the text from people's sigs doesn't make it any less true. I stand with Yalta.

Mesoland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mesoland » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:06 pm

Ovisterra wrote:Couldn't we just use an already established server? That doesn't require payment?

Well, I guess, but that wouldn't be as awesome.

Copenhagen Metropolis
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 29, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Copenhagen Metropolis » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:11 am

Thought I was hooked; but I haven't "played", or even though of MineCraft for well over a week now. I think I'll have a look at it tonight though. It may be one of those games that you play in short intervals - one you leave for some time, and then get back to once in awhile. I may have grown tired by the same old project – maybe I should just get it over with and start a new one.

Copenhagen Metropolis
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 29, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Copenhagen Metropolis » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:12 am

Phaedrus Imperator wrote:Minecraft is crappy.
And that's all I have to say.
Now, where's my danish?

I'm right here!!

*waves*

Flameswroth
Senator

Founded: Sep 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Flameswroth » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:19 am

Friend made his own server, played on it way too long last night, creating a home to survive in. Currently working on creating a stable for breeding animals, and have already finished a garden for wheat. I'm going to specialize in above-ground products like sugar cane and wheat and wood while he delves too greedily and too deep in order to reach all the good ores, then we're going to just trade things to each other when we need them.

His daughters and their friend are going to play on it too, though, so I suspect all my goods from this first construction near the initial spawn will be plundered by the next time I get on. Oh well, such is the way of things.
Czardas wrote:Why should we bail out climate change with billions of dollars, when lesbians are starving in the streets because they can't afford an abortion?

Reagan Clone wrote:What you are proposing is glorifying God by loving, respecting, or at least tolerating, his other creations.

That is the gayest fucking shit I've ever heard, and I had Barry Manilow perform at the White House in '82.

Ovisterra
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovisterra » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:25 pm

Mesoland wrote:
Ovisterra wrote:Couldn't we just use an already established server? That doesn't require payment?

Well, I guess, but that wouldn't be as awesome.

Ahh, you haven't met this server. It's awesome.

Ok, joke over. I'll stop namedropping.
Removing the text from people's sigs doesn't make it any less true. I stand with Yalta.

Inky Noodles
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Inky Noodles » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:32 pm

There is a server you all can join.

Transnapastain wrote:
Inky Noodles wrote:QUICK.

I WANNA ASK SOMEONE TO HOMECOMING.

whaddo I do?!

So I just met you
and this is crazy
but heres my number
homecoming maybe?

*not a valid offer.

~Trans, killing TET's since part 45.

San Leggera wrote:
Veceria wrote:People with big noses have big penises.
Even the females.

Especially the females. *nod*

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Belligerent Alcoholics wrote:Are you OK? :eyebrow:

It's a person called Inky Noodles in a thread that is not exactly known for its sanity in general. Do the math, beerguzzler.

18 year old Virginian

Ravens, O's, and Penguins fan

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:37 pm

is it an Rp server or what?
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:Grab your gun, point it at bad guy, pull trigger.

Swkoll
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Swkoll » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:24 am

I made a custom map :D

Clickity
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Dec 21, 2012 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Need an Ignore Cannon?
Embassy NS wiki page
Current Wars: None as of now
Member of: Nothing right now
Defcon: 1 [2] 3 4 5
6*9=42
February 17, 2011: Never Forget.
Copy and paste this into your sig if you remember the old F7.
97% of People of NS won't notice I did my math wrong, if you are the 1% who did, copy and paste this into your sig.

I lost the Game.
Zonolia wrote:You are without doubt the smartest NS player ever...
Montiar wrote:Best f*cking idea for a storefront ever.

Bluth Corporation wrote:You know, I used to be anti-Obama.

Then the anti-Obama folks opened their mouths and I listened to what they had to say.

Now I'm pro-Obama.

Mad hatters in jeans
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 14, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Mad hatters in jeans » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:53 am

Swkoll wrote:I made a custom map :D

Clickity

not a bad start.

Marshmellowstan
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Marshmellowstan » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:45 pm

Inky Noodles wrote:There is a server you all can join.

T-34 (tanks/thanks)
RU PAUL 2016
Existential_Nihilists wrote:Because he is "God". He can do whatever the hell he wants, regardless if the action in question can or cannot be justified. Sure, he's cruel, thoughtless and sadistic... but he loves you. :hug:

Reploid Productions wrote: ...That would be bitchin'!

Malsitar wrote:All citizens are oppressed equally regardless of race.

Ain't nothing to it, Gangster rap made me do it...

Durmatagno
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Durmatagno » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:19 am

Swkoll wrote:I made a custom map :D

Clickity

Played it, liked it, collected everything, and am now making it a personal quest to build a bridge system between all the islands then find a "mainland" and build a bridge to it. (Including underwater supports)
When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough. - Maurice Maeterlinck

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. - Washington Irving

It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get. - Confucius

TheIncorporation
Envoy

Founded: Dec 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby TheIncorporation » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:34 am

I play Minecraft and it's awesome.

I found a village, built a giant wall around it, built a big house, and made the roads entirely out of stone slabs, and upgraded all the houses. And lost my friggin diamond pickaxe after two uses by falling into lava.

Durmatagno
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Durmatagno » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:39 am

TheIncorporation wrote:I play Minecraft and it's awesome.

I found a village, built a giant wall around it, built a big house, and made the roads entirely out of stone slabs, and upgraded all the houses. And lost my friggin diamond pickaxe after two uses by falling into lava.

Thats crappy, hopefully I can get out of my cracked edition to enjpy more servers

North Wiedna
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby North Wiedna » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:59 am

I am hopelessly addicted to mods. I've got like ten of 'em.
I am not at all interested in immortality, only in the taste of tea.

Mesoland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mesoland » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:41 am

My favourite server, for sure, is Eternalcraft. It's really fun!

Novograd IV
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Novograd IV » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:46 am

And then I got dwarf fortress, and realised that it was better.

No offence to all the minecrafters, but DF really does top it in addictiveness, re-playability and scope for what you can do.
Novan Wiki (under [re]construction)

Economic Left/Right: -9.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.24

http://www.politicaltest.net/test/result/196124/

Vocenae
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 19, 2006
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Vocenae » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:24 am

Now if only the UI wasn't a piece of shit, and the graphics not being worse than Minecraft's...
The Imperial Star Republic
18:34 <Kyrusia> Voc: The one anchor of moral conscience in a sea of turbulent depravity.

Durmatagno
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Durmatagno » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:40 pm

Novograd IV wrote:And then I got dwarf fortress, and realised that it was better.

No offence to all the minecrafters, but DF really does top it in addictiveness, re-playability and scope for what you can do.

I do love dwarf fortres.......

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction