NATION

PASSWORD

MineCraft

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Naephak
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Naephak » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:51 pm

Mad hatters in jeans wrote:
New Naephak wrote:I've been watching minecraft videos for over a year now, since I haven't had a computer un-shitty enough to even play Alpha on it until about a week ago. However, lacking the funds to buy it after spending the rest of my money on other games like Skyrim and New Vegas, I resorted to downloading the PC Gamer Demo.
I was not disappointed. I have a small but functional base on the top of a small mountain, almost Coe-style, with a 5x5 shaft drilled in my basement. I have dug into a cave, and am now juggling shitting my pants while trying to clear out a small section and getting that coal.

Fucking skeletons, man. It's like getting some ore is a federal fucking issue to them.

skeletons take coal very seriously :p

btw you can burn up charcoal by cooking wood (not planks "wood"), which does exactly the same things coal can. if you're short of coal it's pretty handy.

I know, but I only made a few 'cause I'm stingy with my wood.
Don't have wood handy very often, I'm afraid.

Noders
Senator

Founded: Aug 20, 2009

Postby Noders » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:35 pm

i really want to use one of the mods that really changes the game and adds shit not just a texture pack any one who thinks they could help tg me please?
Socialdemokraterne wrote:Noders: Only the finest books and pizza. And books about pizza. Not so much their book-flavored pizzas, though.

Me=Noders God of pissing you off
Parkus= God Of Sex and Cool and lots of Cigs
Menassa= God of the Jews
Spreewerke=God of the AK
Indeos=God of you know what just a bloody god
Xarithis= God Of World Domination
"Ruthless and efficient in the bedroom as well as on the battlefield, Britannia is the living emblem of strength, persistence, and dignity and Really Fucking Good Line Art.

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 10, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:36 pm

Noders wrote:i really want to use one of the mods that really changes the game and adds shit not just a texture pack any one who thinks they could help tg me please?

http://www.technicpack.net/
In-character name of the nation is "Adiron," because I like the name better.

Noders
Senator

Postby Noders » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:51 pm

Hittanryan wrote:
Noders wrote:i really want to use one of the mods that really changes the game and adds shit not just a texture pack any one who thinks they could help tg me please?

http://www.technicpack.net/

THANK YOU :P........nvm getting a error that says can't find java directory
Last edited by Noders on Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Socialdemokraterne wrote:Noders: Only the finest books and pizza. And books about pizza. Not so much their book-flavored pizzas, though.

Menassa= God of the Jews
Spreewerke=God of the AK
"Ruthless and efficient in the bedroom as well as on the battlefield, Britannia is the living emblem of strength, persistence, and dignity and Really Fucking Good Line Art.

Ovisterra
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovisterra » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:08 am

So basically, you want any mod at all.

I don't know why you need our help.
Removing the text from people's sigs doesn't make it any less true. I stand with Yalta.

Noders
Senator

Postby Noders » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:37 am

Ovisterra wrote:

Yea post with no info had no info. My problem is getting mods to work on my game and such and before you throw a list of mod programs at me trust me i have tried but hey if you want to not help by telling me I'm a dumb ass that's your call.

Menassa= God of the Jews
Spreewerke=God of the AK

Ovisterra
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovisterra » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:40 am

Noders wrote:
Ovisterra wrote:

Yea post with no info had no info. My problem is getting mods to work on my game and such and before you throw a list of mod programs at me trust me i have tried but hey if you want to not help by telling me I'm a dumb ass that's your call.

I'm not going to call you a dumbass for many reasons:

1) You're not a dumbass
2) I'd get in shit if I called you a dumbass
3) I don't take pleasure out of calling people dumbasses.

My only issue was the lack of clarity in your original post.
Removing the text from people's sigs doesn't make it any less true. I stand with Yalta.

Miopic
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Miopic » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:42 am

SaintB wrote:I recently discovered this little jewel of Indie gaming after a friend referred me to it; after which it was featured in my favorite gaming magazine. After messing with it a bit and sinking about $15 into it I really started to get addicted to this puzzle, construction, action, adventure game. Now I'm hooked; when I'm not on NSG its Minecraft, when I'm unable to get online I am scheming about new things to build or new ways to use the various features of the game to build fortifications, traps, and mazes to keep the undead from entering my fortress/mine/farm/home/etc.

The of course there is the exploring the huge random generated game worlds and fighting the various creatures in hidden dungeons around the world. Or multiplayer where you get together with friends and build entire towns and cities together... in short its the best $15 I ever spent.

Is there anyone else who has experienced MineCraft? Whats your thoughts or opinions?

ha, have you heard of the minecraft theory?
Economic Left/Right: 5.88 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.36
Thinking about vegans makes me feel depressed in the same way I get depressed when I think of starving African children-Disserbia

If all agree they agree to nothing Or if you prefer to each their own and every their each- Mio

To believe without evidence is a mental illness in my book.- Ljvonia

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move- Douglas Adams

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:47 am

Noders wrote:

THANK YOU :P........nvm getting a error that says can't find java directory

Try using the launcher.

Minzo
Envoy

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Minzo » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:07 am

Is anyone else a little creeped by the new Lolliman in the game?
I have a type of mustache that says "Yeah,I have a book of comebacks as thick as the Bible for ya."

Mad hatters in jeans
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 14, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Mad hatters in jeans » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:35 pm

Minzo wrote:Is anyone else a little creeped by the new Lolliman in the game?

That'd be from the creeps and weirdos mod yah?
i guess it's doing what it's supposed to.

Noders
Senator

Postby Noders » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:29 pm

Hittanryan wrote:
Noders wrote:THANK YOU :P........nvm getting a error that says can't find java directory

Try using the launcher.

that was what was giving me the error

Menassa= God of the Jews
Spreewerke=God of the AK

Minzo
Envoy

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Minzo » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:24 am

Mad hatters in jeans wrote:
Minzo wrote:Is anyone else a little creeped by the new Lolliman in the game?

That'd be from the creeps and weirdos mod yah?
i guess it's doing what it's supposed to.

If you bring the Lolliman a little boy,they give you money,cake,lollipops,and cookies.
I have a type of mustache that says "Yeah,I have a book of comebacks as thick as the Bible for ya."

Hamste
Minister

Founded: Sep 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hamste » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:00 pm

Is there a nationstates server?
Last edited by Hamste on Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can you imagine a world without hypothetical situtations?

Logic is like thumbs, it is not necessary but it sure is helpful.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:11 pm

Hamste wrote:Is there a nationstates server?

I don't know.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

New Naephak
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2012

Postby New Naephak » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:15 pm

Currently playing Sea of Flames II, and not giving any fucks.

I have decided that caution is the worst possible thing, and therefore I walk everywhere with naught but my fists.

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:48 pm

Vocenae
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 19, 2006
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Vocenae » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:12 am

Sea of Flames II is alright. I enjoyed Spellbound Caverns alot more. Currently trying to find the time to record Waking Up so I can toss it up on Youtube.
The Imperial Star Republic
18:34 <Kyrusia> Voc: The one anchor of moral conscience in a sea of turbulent depravity.

Wind in the Willows
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wind in the Willows » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:47 am

Deleted.
Last edited by Wind in the Willows on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

YellowApple
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby YellowApple » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:40 pm

I'm a big fan of Minecraft. It's one of the two games I play regularly (the other being Team Fortress 2; both work remarkably well on Linux).

I'm also running a small personal server out of my apartment. If you're interested in checking it out, TG me with your Minecraft username and I'll add you to the "build/destroy" list, as well as send you the URL.

Random tip: if you want to run Minecraft on a 64-bit Linux installation, make sure you grab the latest LWJGL libraries at http://www.lwjgl.org and copy them over to your Minecraft's binary folder (overwriting everything), followed by hopping into the "natives" folder and deleting the non-64-bit native Linux binaries. Minecraft for some reason insists on loading 32-bit binaries if they're present; this isn't a big deal on Windows, but Linux cares quite a bit about 32-bit v. 64-bit and will refuse to load them, resulting in a Black Minecraft Window of Death.

Noders wrote:
Ovisterra wrote:

Try the Magic Launcher:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/939 ... ions-news/

Makes mod installation (client-side at least) much simpler.

If you still need assistance with mod installation, you can feel free to email me your .jar file and I'll do the patching for you (TG me for my email address if this is something you're interested in).

Mallorea and Riva should resign
Member of the One True Faith and Church. Join The Church of Derpy today!

Phocidaea
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Phocidaea » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:39 pm

I'm a fan of this game. In fact, it's honestly one of the few I play very much anymore. However, my interest has waned- I once was an absolute addict, but I've gotten a little bored recently.
Call me Phoca.
Senator [Unknown] of the Liberal Democrats in NSG Senate.
Je suis Charlie: Because your feels don't justify murder.

Vocenae
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 19, 2006
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Vocenae » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:52 pm

The next update should fix that. Tons of new aesthetic additions and new hostile mobs.
The Imperial Star Republic
18:34 <Kyrusia> Voc: The one anchor of moral conscience in a sea of turbulent depravity.

Mad hatters in jeans
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 14, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Mad hatters in jeans » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:37 pm

Vocenae wrote:The next update should fix that. Tons of new aesthetic additions and new hostile mobs.

hmm it might rekindle my interest for a short while but idk i'm kinda bored with minecraft atm too.

Durmatagno
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Durmatagno » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:41 pm

We need a NS server, however small. It needs the towny/nation plugin, and the NPC plugin. Then we can rage MC wars about NS. Or just plain goof off, either one works.
When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough. - Maurice Maeterlinck

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. - Washington Irving

It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get. - Confucius

YellowApple
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby YellowApple » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:46 pm

Durmatagno wrote:We need a NS server, however small. It needs the towny/nation plugin, and the NPC plugin. Then we can rage MC wars about NS. Or just plain goof off, either one works.

Which one's the NPC plugin? If it doesn't require client-side modding, and is a Bukkit mod, I'll consider sticking it on mine.

Mallorea and Riva should resign
Member of the One True Faith and Church. Join The Church of Derpy today!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction