NATION

PASSWORD

Bergnovinaia's Photography Gallery

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Bergnovinaia's Photography Gallery

Postby Bergnovinaia » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:17 pm

**I've finally done it... through my very rough photography website and the link to my offsite photography gallery, it is now possible to see some of my best works.**

An update:

Bergnovinaia wrote:Wow...

It's been a long time. And now, well into my first year of a two year AP art course, my photography has improved substanically. However, for portfolio safety reasons, I am only going to release a few of my recent works I did for a history class.

The following are two soviet-style propoganda posters I made in photoshop using specific pictures I took and blending methods. Enjoy, and comments/criticisms are welcome!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62529338@N02/7107779233/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62529338@N02/7107789183/in/photostream/

*An no... I am actually not a communist.

So basically, I'm just wondering what the NS art community thinks of my pictures. Feel free to comment, criticize, etc., especially on the following portrait samples.

Portrait Samples

So basically, I'm just wondering what the NS art community thinks of my pictures. Feel free to comment, criticize, etc.

Aspen Trees
A Picture of one of my dogs...

From either of these pictures, you should be able to see the rest of my photos... I'll update the photobucket as I get new pictures for projects.
Last edited by Bergnovinaia on Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:49 pm, edited 6 times in total.
I am pursuing my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in Psychology and Spanish. My goal in life is to be a marriage and family counselor. If you have questions about me or my life, just ask!

My girlfriend and I blog about Christian & general marriage, relationship, and dating advice!

NS member since 2009. WA Resolution Author (mostly all repealed), NS sports fanatic.

Lineale
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lineale » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:25 pm

Awwww! Love the dog pic!

But a really good photographer that you would do well to communicate with is here: http://www.nathanielreinhart.com/

If you could teach me how to make the tabs go under the words, I would love you forever. In a straight, bromantic way. lol
Last edited by Lineale on Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:43 pm

Yeah, it's simple...

bascially you do this:

Take a normal url code like so: [url][/url]

Delete the bracket directly after the first url and replace it with a = sign... Example: [url= [/url]

For the purpose of this example, I will link to the WA's main page found here

So then, enter the url next to the = sign like so: [url=http://www.nationstates.net/page=un [url/]

Than a closed bracket directly after the link is over like so [url=http://www.nationstates.net/page=un] [url/]

In the space inbetween that bracket and the last [url/] type whatever you want it to be called. So here's what the example would look like:

WA's Main Page

I hope that explains it.
I am pursuing my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in Psychology and Spanish. My goal in life is to be a marriage and family counselor. If you have questions about me or my life, just ask!

My girlfriend and I blog about Christian & general marriage, relationship, and dating advice!

NS member since 2009. WA Resolution Author (mostly all repealed), NS sports fanatic.

Lineale
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lineale » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:10 am

Thank you!

Did you take the link though?

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:22 pm

Lineale wrote:Thank you!

Did you take the link though?

You mean the one to the photography you suggested... not yet. I'll wait for a little bit, especially since he has no clue who I am.

Lineale
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lineale » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:45 pm

Lol its a website... Example:

Those aren't even his best work.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:55 pm

I know but you're asking that I contact him...

Lineale wrote:Awwww! Love the dog pic!

But a really good photographer that you would do well to communicate with is here: http://www.nathanielreinhart.com/

I don't I'm quite comfy with that idea just yet. But he does have very good pictures!

Lineale
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lineale » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:59 pm

Your loss!

He sells them. Its a commercial website, like ebay sorta.

The REAL Glasers
Minister

Founded: Feb 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The REAL Glasers » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:06 pm

Just my eye: the photos are fairly plain, I'd suggest creating interest by using more contrast of colors in your photos and such. Take a landscape and approach it from an unconventional angle, an angle you normally wouldn't see it in in real life.
YouTube Channel
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Onespeed
http://www.last.fm/user/TheYardstick
Economic Left/Right: -4.88 - Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.67
I want a riot grrrlfriend

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:21 pm

The REAL Glasers wrote:Just my eye: the photos are fairly plain, I'd suggest creating interest by using more contrast of colors in your photos and such. Take a landscape and approach it from an unconventional angle, an angle you normally wouldn't see it in in real life.

Ok...! Sounds good. I'll give it a go sometime. Although much of the focus of our class is taking pictures of people, but I'm not posting those for pbvious reasons.

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 24, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:07 pm

Lineale wrote:Lol its a website... Example:

Those aren't even his best work.

Those are cool.
The Serene and Glorious Reich of Nazi Flower Power has existed for longer than Nazi Germany! Thank you to all the brave men and women of the Allied forces who made this possible!

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:28 pm

The REAL Glasers wrote:Just my eye: the photos are fairly plain, I'd suggest creating interest by using more contrast of colors in your photos and such. Take a landscape and approach it from an unconventional angle, an angle you normally wouldn't see it in in real life.

I took the challange and got a few interesting picture in this batch of pictures!

The REAL Glasers
Minister

Founded: Feb 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The REAL Glasers » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:46 pm

Wow, great job on those. Conversation, Climb This, and Young Curiosity are standouts.
YouTube Channel
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Onespeed
http://www.last.fm/user/TheYardstick
Economic Left/Right: -4.88 - Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.67
I want a riot grrrlfriend

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:35 am

The REAL Glasers wrote:Wow, great job on those. Conversation, Climb This, and Young Curiosity are standouts.

Thanks!

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:22 pm

Any other thoughts!

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:54 am

Nice!

I liked the shots of the telephone poles, for some reason. The angles and the shapes, I guess.

Want this added to the directory, Berg?
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:38 am

A mean old man wrote:Nice!

I liked the shots of the telephone poles, for some reason. The angles and the shapes, I guess.

Want this added to the directory, Berg?

Sure! Thanks!

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:24 pm

bump

Unidox
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Unidox » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:22 pm

Bergnovinaia wrote:

I took the challange and got a few interesting picture in this batch of pictures!

I think there is potential, but you need to start thinking about what you're looking at, and the way you see it/them; to convey your thoughts in the picture for your audience.

Oh, and turn "Shocking" 90 degrees; so that the pole runs to the bottom and the wires are about center top of the picture.
Caninope wrote:It's NSG. The 20th Circle of LIMBO!

Buffett and Colbert wrote:Always here to ruin the day. 8)

Living Freedom Land wrote:Oh, so now you want gay people to take part in the sacred institution of tax rebates too? You liberals sicken me.

Lacadaemon wrote:I mean, hell, in a properly regulated market, pension stripping schemes like Zynga wouldn't ever have a sniff of an IPO (see Groupon). But it's all wild westy now. Lie down with dogs and so forth.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:26 pm

Unidox wrote:
Bergnovinaia wrote:

I think there is potential, but you need to start thinking about what you're looking at, and the way you see it/them; to convey your thoughts in the picture for your audience.

Oh, and turn "Shocking" 90 degrees; so that the pole runs to the bottom and the wires are about center top of the picture.

I turned 90 degress the other way for a reason... no one really sees electricity poles like that, you know?

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:48 pm

Unidox wrote:I think there is potential, but you need to start thinking about what you're looking at, and the way you see it/them; to convey your thoughts in the picture for your audience.

Aye, I'm sure he actually was thinking about what he was looking at and how he wanted to see it when he took that picture. It's the funny angle that makes the picture particularly interesting, and why it stood out to me personally. Some like yourself might find the angle to be "wrong," which is understandable and is simply a part of the way you think, although in my opinion the "wrongness" of it makes it more interesting and unique than a picture of a telephone pole from the angle that we see such a thing during every day of our lives.

It's the new angle that makes it different, no? :)
Last edited by A mean old man on Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:31 pm

I should have some neat pictures up next week because I''ll be in Israel.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:22 pm

Ah! I've been so busy, I haven't been able to put my Israel trip and California photos on photobucket yet. Sorry, it could be a while to with catching up for school.

(But if anyone desperately wants to see them and has a facebook, tg me your name and I'll friend you and I'll tell you my name so you know who you're getting a request from. Ok! (Also, probably what city, or general area you live in would be good too, since that's how I can narrow down the people since there could be a ton of people with your name.)

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:16 pm

Last edited by Bergnovinaia on Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Groko
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Groko » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:57 am

Great pictures. :lol:

My favorites were:

Aspen Trees,
A very creative accident,
Guess Again,
Climb this one,
and Shocking