NATION

PASSWORD

A tribute to the fifty.

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
Anglo-French Republic
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

A tribute to the fifty.

Postby Anglo-French Republic » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:30 pm

This Forum is dedicated to the Fifty,The fifty brave men who gave their lives in Pursuit of freedom.The Great Escape decided the Outcome of World War Two,Almost a Million troops were dispatched to hunt them down.D-Day would have failed and Russia Pushed back if These 76 Men didn't Escape.This forum Would Like to Recognize the efforts of Roger Bushel,Eric Dowling,and all the other Escapees for there Amazing Escape,Truly a Great one.I would like simply to Immortalize those 76 men in my words,Even though they have all passed,Some Fairely Recently.If anybody has some words to share please share them.
Pro:Liberalism,Egalitarianism,Universal healthcare,Free higher Education,Gay Marriage,Abhkazia,Palestine,Kosovo,and Social Democracy,China,And West and Central Europe.
Anti:Fundamentalism,Conservativism,Unregulated capitalism,Saudi Arabia,Gender Roles,and Nazism
Neutral:Mitt Romney(US politics are interesting)White Collar Unions,Iran,Russia,Kazakhstan and Jordan.

Proud member of the International Senate on Human Rights
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=348905

Rhyfelnydd
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhyfelnydd » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:33 pm

Surely a brave group of souls who fought against the odds to break their imprisonment. But war changing? It alone decided the ending of WWII? I don't really think so.
New Grestin wrote:Welcome to Nationstates Summer.

You can log out anytime you like, but you can never leave.
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.
Truman Bulldogs
ΦΣK
Cymraeg
l_Falch_l

Anglo-French Republic
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo-French Republic » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:19 pm

Minus a million defenders,that clearly has no effect on a war.
Pro:Liberalism,Egalitarianism,Universal healthcare,Free higher Education,Gay Marriage,Abhkazia,Palestine,Kosovo,and Social Democracy,China,And West and Central Europe.
Anti:Fundamentalism,Conservativism,Unregulated capitalism,Saudi Arabia,Gender Roles,and Nazism
Neutral:Mitt Romney(US politics are interesting)White Collar Unions,Iran,Russia,Kazakhstan and Jordan.

Rhyfelnydd
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhyfelnydd » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:25 pm

Anglo-French Republic wrote:Minus a million defenders,that clearly has no effect on a war.
If that is even true, which I have not yet seen proof of. Not to mention that it is hardly the one decisive factor of the war. Furthermore I have a very hard time believing that the Nazi High Command had both the ability and the stupidity to withdraw a million front line troops to look for 70 or so escapees.

Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.
Truman Bulldogs
ΦΣK
Cymraeg
l_Falch_l

Anglo-French Republic
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo-French Republic » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:29 pm

Rhyfelnydd wrote:
Anglo-French Republic wrote:Minus a million defenders,that clearly has no effect on a war.
If that is even true, which I have not yet seen proof of. Not to mention that it is hardly the one decisive factor of the war. Furthermore I have a very hard time believing that the Nazi High Command had both the ability and the stupidity to withdraw a million front line troops to look for 70 or so escapees.

Sorry,but the Estimates are at a Million,If you need evidence google it,or read a article.And a million - manpower could really decide a war,even if it is temporal,As they are disorganized and spread far and wide,Many believe D-Day would have failed if the Escape never happened,In fact,Roger Bushel said the escape was to Disorganize the Enemy.

Rhyfelnydd
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhyfelnydd » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:33 pm

Anglo-French Republic wrote:
Rhyfelnydd wrote:If that is even true, which I have not yet seen proof of. Not to mention that it is hardly the one decisive factor of the war. Furthermore I have a very hard time believing that the Nazi High Command had both the ability and the stupidity to withdraw a million front line troops to look for 70 or so escapees.

Sorry,but the Estimates are at a Million,If you need evidence google it,or read a article.And a million - manpower could really decide a war,even if it is temporal,As they are disorganized and spread far and wide,Many believe D-Day would have failed if the Escape never happened,In fact,Roger Bushel said the escape was to Disorganize the Enemy.

It is not my job to prove your claims for you. If you do not back up your claims with evidence I will not consider them fact. The number seems absurdly high, and ultimately an unobtainable number as it seems impossible for HC to just requisition an Army Corps+ sized force during a two front war to go off on a glorified egg hunt.

Truman Bulldogs
ΦΣK
Cymraeg
l_Falch_l

Anglo-French Republic
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo-French Republic » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:42 pm

Rhyfelnydd wrote:
Anglo-French Republic wrote:Sorry,but the Estimates are at a Million,If you need evidence google it,or read a article.And a million - manpower could really decide a war,even if it is temporal,As they are disorganized and spread far and wide,Many believe D-Day would have failed if the Escape never happened,In fact,Roger Bushel said the escape was to Disorganize the Enemy.

It is not my job to prove your claims for you. If you do not back up your claims with evidence I will not consider them fact. The number seems absurdly high, and ultimately an unobtainable number as it seems impossible for HC to just requisition an Army Corps+ sized force during a two front war to go off on a glorified egg hunt.

Prove your claims,Your demanding evidence yet fail to give even a shred,I want you to actually see the other side,not Deny something that don't think is true,see the evidence,come up with counter evidence.

PS:your Rude Fuel for a flame war wasn't supposed to be here,you're very lucky I can't ban you from this forum.

Anglo-French Republic
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo-French Republic » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:43 pm

Rhyfelnydd wrote:
Anglo-French Republic wrote:Sorry,but the Estimates are at a Million,If you need evidence google it,or read a article.And a million - manpower could really decide a war,even if it is temporal,As they are disorganized and spread far and wide,Many believe D-Day would have failed if the Escape never happened,In fact,Roger Bushel said the escape was to Disorganize the Enemy.

Get your facts right,it was a three front war,the South(Italy)the West,and the East.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction