NATION

PASSWORD

Is this generation blinded?

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Azrael
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Azrael » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:21 pm

Peacelia wrote:
Reggae Magmia wrote:How the fuck does that make us blinded???????

I don't like Rock, so I'm blinded? :rofl:

Yeah....no.

By blinded i meant not seeing the wider variety of music. Most kids just listen to what's being played on the radio and the top hits and don't really just to look into the other genres like Jazz,classical,folk,rock,blues,etc......

What was expressed in the OP was an ignorant statement at best.
If nothing exists, where did this anger come from?

Winland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Winland » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:23 pm

Peacelia wrote:
Reggae Magmia wrote:How the fuck does that make us blinded???????

I don't like Rock, so I'm blinded? :rofl:

Yeah....no.

By blinded i meant not seeing the wider variety of music. Most kids just listen to what's being played on the radio and the top hits and don't really just to look into the other genres like Jazz,classical,folk,rock,blues,etc......

Haven't most kids always done that?
In other words — and this is the rock solid principle on which the whole of the Corporation's Galaxy-wide success is founded — their fundamental design flaws are completely hidden by their superficial design flaws.

Sardine World
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sardine World » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:23 pm

what the real kids are ignoring today is politics

its only a track to having a hipster for president

/shivers
Last edited by Sardine World on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: 6.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.05
Updated 3/22/15

Peacelia
Secretary

Founded: Mar 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Peacelia » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:24 pm

What was expressed in the OP was an ignorant statement at best.[/quote]
Look dude it's the weekend whatever........

Azrael
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Azrael » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:25 pm

Winland wrote:
Peacelia wrote:

Haven't most kids always done that?

That's actually exactly what I was just about to post. If he's trying to compare this generation to past ones, than that's a poor idea. This generation isn't anymore blinded than past ones. Hell, I'd argue past ones were more blind, considering the vast range of musical accessibility we have now.

Azrael
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Azrael » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:26 pm

Sardine World wrote:what the real kids are ignoring today is politics

/shivers

wat
Peacelia wrote:Look dude it's the weekend whatever........

lol Why even go on a debate forum then?

Stedicules
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Stedicules » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:26 pm

wouldn't it be deafened? lol
DOMINATED BY OBSESSION OF POWER AND LUST, LED BY UNWRITTEN RULES FROM CLINICAL BIRTH TO CLINICAL DEATH. ASK THE EPITHET OF GOD! IT STILL IS DECEPTION, NO IDEOLOGY, NO PROGRESS; NOTHING. THE WORLD IS SMOTHERED IN ABSURDITY.

Sardine World
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sardine World » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:28 pm

Azrael wrote:

/shivers

wat

exactly!!

#tinfoilhat
Economic Left/Right: 6.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.05
Updated 3/22/15

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:29 pm

/shivers

What in the name of Satan are you talking about?
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Peacelia
Secretary

Founded: Mar 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Peacelia » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:29 pm

Zaras wrote:
Peacelia wrote:I've been noticing now that most kids today are ignoring rock and instead turning to Techno and Hip Hop. What do you think?

I think you need to stop making asinine generalisations that make you sound like a grandpa ranting about the kids on his lawn.

it's more likely he's about 14 mang[/quote]
Um no i'm not......

Den Svenska Riket
Ambassador

Founded: May 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Den Svenska Riket » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:30 pm

I am 13. I grew up listening to Country. recently I started listening to a power metal band that I like. I also began listening to Billy Joel, old European folk songs, 60s songs, Jonny Cash, old country, Chris Ledoux and Gangnam Style. I still hate rap and hip hop. Call me crazy but the only rap I like is Epic Rap Battles of History and whenever Brysi raps.
My IC name is The Swedish Empire
I am not Swedish, I am American

Sedikal
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sedikal » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:30 pm

I want to punch those emo kids that ride the public transit bus when I'm on and they play there music so everyone can hear. I don't hate the music it's just I hate how I cant even here my music sometimes because there to implaite or poor to get headphones.
Nice Little Quotes
“Kindness is the golden chain by which society is bound together.”
-Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Yet human intelligence has another force, too: the sense of urgency that gives human smarts their drive. Perhaps our intelligence is not just ended by our mortality; to a great degree, it is our mortality.
-Adam Gopnik

Fighting for peace, is like fucking for chastity
-Stephen King

Proud Member of the New Democrats in the NSG Senate
Political Compass of Sedikal
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!

Turchynov/Yatsenyuk
Russia Out Of Crimea

New Sapienta
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Sapienta » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:32 pm

Not even out of the gate and everyone's making assertions.
Last edited by New Sapienta on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azrael
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Azrael » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:34 pm

Peacelia wrote:Um no i'm not......

Then how old are you?
Den svenska riket wrote:Call me crazy but the only rap I like is Epic Rap Battles of History and whenever Brysi raps.

You are crazy. Simple thematic aesthetics such as non-serious humor like that is a poor reason to like a part of a genre and hate all else it has to offer. There's much better hip-hop than that.
Sedikal wrote:I want to punch those emo kids that ride the public transit bus when I'm on and they play there music so everyone can hear. I don't hate the music it's just I hate how I cant even here my music sometimes because there to implaite or poor to get headphones.

Name one emo band.

Montbois
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Montbois » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:34 pm

Peacelia wrote:I've been noticing now that most kids today are ignoring rock and instead turning to Techno and Hip Hop. What do you think?

I think that this is a stupid observation to make, based on the fact that it is completely irrelevant to anything and based on a sweeping generalization. Personally, I'm a huge fan of classical music (this kind).

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:36 pm

Den svenska riket wrote:I am 13. I grew up listening to Country. recently I started listening to a power metal band that I like. I also began listening to Billy Joel, old European folk songs, 60s songs, Jonny Cash, old country, Chris Ledoux and Gangnam Style. I still hate rap and hip hop. Call me crazy but the only rap I like is Epic Rap Battles of History and whenever Brysi raps.

You are so blatantly ignorant.
ᛋᛃᚢ - Social Justice Úlfheðinn
Potarius wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass.

In layman's terms, orgy time.

Niur wrote: my soul has no soul.

Saint Clair Island wrote:The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Trotskylvania wrote:Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

Norstal wrote:Gunpowder Plot: America.

Meryuma: "Well, I just hope these hyperboles don't...

*puts on sunglasses*

blow out of proportions."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...so here's your future

Stedicules
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Stedicules » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:36 pm

at about age 14 people start developing their own musical styles and they stray from what their parents listen to. so its not that they hate the music they grew up with, its just they want to explore their own musical taste and develop it.
DOMINATED BY OBSESSION OF POWER AND LUST, LED BY UNWRITTEN RULES FROM CLINICAL BIRTH TO CLINICAL DEATH. ASK THE EPITHET OF GOD! IT STILL IS DECEPTION, NO IDEOLOGY, NO PROGRESS; NOTHING. THE WORLD IS SMOTHERED IN ABSURDITY.

Azrael
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Azrael » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:36 pm

Montbois wrote:

based on the fact that it is completely irrelevant to anything

What? It's relevant to music. It's an inane generalization, but it has relevance to something.

Stagsvlak
Attaché

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Stagsvlak » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:38 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:Tastes in music change.

Exactly! And the trend then becomes.
Proud Communist - Join the party!

"Communism is not love, communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy"
Mao Zedong

New Sapienta
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Sapienta » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:41 pm

Meryuma wrote:
Den svenska riket wrote:I am 13. I grew up listening to Country. recently I started listening to a power metal band that I like. I also began listening to Billy Joel, old European folk songs, 60s songs, Jonny Cash, old country, Chris Ledoux and Gangnam Style. I still hate rap and hip hop. Call me crazy but the only rap I like is Epic Rap Battles of History and whenever Brysi raps.

You are so blatantly ignorant.

Yes of course, he's ignorant for not liking a genre of music.

Your just as bad as the OP.

Grand Soviet Union
Minister

Founded: Apr 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Soviet Union » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:43 pm

Sedikal wrote:I want to punch those emo kids that ride the public transit bus when I'm on and they play there music so everyone can hear. I don't hate the music it's just I hate how I cant even here my music sometimes because there to implaite or poor to get headphones.

totally agree :clap: :clap: :) :bow:
Map of GSU All of ISSU
embassy program

political compass economical -6.62 social -1.69
Proud Russian!!
Proud Jew!!
I am more of an intellectual Jew than a religious one
Pro LGBT, same sex marriage pro abortion, pro Israel (most of the time...)

funnyquotes:
"Yup. Anyhow, I got to napalm terrorist in Lebanon." - Treko
"I like how Jęk just like "we all need to work together" but Alexi is like "fuck you! You fucking Nazis!"" - Sedikal

Azrael
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Azrael » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:43 pm

New Sapienta wrote:Yes of course, he's ignorant for not liking a genre of music.

No, he's ignorant for having indirectly stating he's ignorant of a certain genre in music.

Azrael
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Azrael » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:44 pm

Grand Soviet Union wrote:

totally agree :clap: :clap: :) :bow:

I'm gonna say the same thing I say to him. Name one emo band.

New Sapienta
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Sapienta » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:44 pm

Azrael wrote:
New Sapienta wrote:Yes of course, he's ignorant for not liking a genre of music.

No, he's ignorant for having indirectly stating he's ignorant of a certain genre in music.

Pretty sure he stated not liking it, implying he has listened to it.

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:44 pm

Zaras wrote:
Fedeledland wrote:

Oh the hypocrisy.

What hypocrisy? Classic rock's shallow lyricism is a fact regardless of whether you like it or not. Hell, I like classic rock, and even I think it could stand to talk about more stuff than sticking dicks in things and sticking needles in arms.

Black motherfucking Sabbath. If you think that's empty, you are incapable of pciking apart a song. Really, every bit of music is a snapshot in time of the era. The Beatles only became big because they offered the youth a destruction from the fear of being nuked to death. Black Sabbath got big because they took a new path and attracted the nihilists who embraced the terror. 'Alternative' and 'indie' bands have likely gotten big because we're starting to shift away from the old maintstream music because the majority got tired of it.

But I fucking despise most of it. Mumford and Sons, the Black Keys, and Adele are the only 'new' artists that I like. Other is either meh, in the case of AWOLNATION, or absolute fucking rage at One Direction.

That episode of Colbert eased my nerves at least. They deserve a ribbing.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Why'd the chicken cross the street?"

"Because your dad's a whore."

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Best Gif on the internet.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction