NATION

PASSWORD

Paradox Games V: Oh baby! I love you so---*heart attack*

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who do you support for the leader of the next thread?

Emperor Idaho
48%
Western Pacific Traitors
No votes
Huskar Traitorous Union
50%
The Danish ConfedeRACY
2%

Total votes : 64

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:35 am

Feckin useless Iraqi Rebels...
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Rannoria
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rannoria » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:37 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Feckin useless Iraqi Rebels...

You seem like a person who plays HoI well, maybe.
How do you play DH. Like, some good tactics.
This is Rannoria, don't forget to eat your own two feet!

please join the Federation of Allies

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:39 am

Rannoria wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Feckin useless Iraqi Rebels...

You seem like a person who plays HoI well, maybe.

Ive only played Darkest Hour a bit, not as much as i have with the likes of Arsenal of democracy and HOI4 and HOI3.

Ill try my best though, what country are you?
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:40 am

Fuck, never mind Iraq the United states just went communist.

Rannoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Rannoria » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:47 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Rannoria wrote:You seem like a person who plays HoI well, maybe.

Ive only played Darkest Hour a bit, not as much as i have with the likes of Arsenal of democracy and HOI4 and HOI3.

Well, I tried Germany on 1914 because I heard Germany is the most starter-friendly. I don't mind any nation's advice. Any nation that doesn't need to use boats to go to war, preferably.

Rannoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Rannoria » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:47 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Fuck, never mind Iraq the United states just went communist.

Ayy

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:51 am

Bralia wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:
Extra tradition goes really well for when I transform into prussia, and will eventually allow a peacetime 100% tradition.
A bit of boost on cavalry isn't too bad
Extra manpower is good.
Extra leader without upkeep is good (especially with max tradition)

And, since it's taken early, the decreased military tech costs will stack up by games end and allow a bit of extra leeway there. Is there a better option?

(Prussia:
Aristocratic reduces the decay to 4%
Defensive boosts gain by 1%, leading to 1/4. Quality by another 1, leading to 2/4. Noble cadets (Prussian idea) will get me to 2/3, with the prussian traditions, 2.5/3. I'll be slightly off, but close enough.)

The additional tradition works out at around 2 extra pips per general in the late game. The lower tech costs to a few thousand extra military power, which will help with development a bit or can be used to put down revolts or tech up earlier.

Along with the admin-aristo policy, i'll get -10% aggressive expansion, which can be vital in the HRE.

Prussias natural ideas along with good generals will make them an unbeatable land power. Superior troops, and superior generals.

EDIT:
Forgot active forts provice +1. Hm. I may switch out something.

First off, a heads-up: If the wiki is accurate, I don't think you're allowed to form any nations for the Meissner, you have to stick with Saxony.

Secondly, I suspected that the army tradition decay would be the most useful thing to you among all of the individual ideas. I've always viewed Aristocratic as weaker than most of the military techs unless I'm playing as a nation that synergizes well with it (Poland, Prussia, etc.).

Damn. That changes things. Thanks for the heads up. And yeh, Aristo is one of the weaker ones unless you're going for specific builds
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:52 am

Rannoria wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Ive only played Darkest Hour a bit, not as much as i have with the likes of Arsenal of democracy and HOI4 and HOI3.

Well, I tried Germany on 1914 because I heard Germany is the most starter-friendly. I don't mind any nation's advice. Any nation that doesn't need to use boats to go to war, preferably.

Hmm, i actually did try as germany in that scenario, but i never got the actual war. I'd say focus on trying to knock out Russia as early as you can, im not sure if events pop up for it to back out of the war or not, i would assume there is to trigger the russian civil war and what not.

So if you can do that, and those events do happen, this should give you free reign to try and smash into the west. The african colonies i would say are just not worth it at all, abandon them and focus on europe.

I would say to look at the wiki for Darkest Hour (if there is one) or wait for someone more experienced with that particular game to come along, or even try the paradox forums yourself and look at the sub forum on DH.

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Founded: Mar 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:24 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Meanwhile, in the united states:

Communist support: 51
Republican support: 49

Wendell Wilkie, you shall be known as the president that lost america to the communists.

Polar Svalbard wrote:I'm a bit nervous in my Czech game, I'm running against the clock and i don't know if I can make the Petition the League of Nations before the Munich Agreement hits. I can possibly take the Germans, but without help from the Allies I will inevitably run out of Production and they shall overrun me.

Can you get help from the soviets maybe? Or do you think you would be able to hold out long enough in the war to get help from them?

Gotta remember that Germany hits me before Poland, thus the USSR would have no way to bring its numbers to bear as the lord knows they ain't getting military access from Poland.

As a side note I am playing a historical Czechoslovakia mod.
Last edited by Polar Svalbard on Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member of The Western Isles
Svalbardian international policy summarized: "Shoot first, hope that no one asks questions later." - Linaviar

Rannoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Rannoria » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:29 am

Rannoria wrote:Well, I tried Germany on 1914 because I heard Germany is the most starter-friendly. I don't mind any nation's advice. Any nation that doesn't need to use boats to go to war, preferably.

Hmm, i actually did try as germany in that scenario, but i never got the actual war. I'd say focus on trying to knock out Russia as early as you can, im not sure if events pop up for it to back out of the war or not, i would assume there is to trigger the russian civil war and what not.

So if you can do that, and those events do happen, this should give you free reign to try and smash into the west. The african colonies i would say are just not worth it at all, abandon them and focus on europe.

I would say to look at the wiki for Darkest Hour (if there is one) or wait for someone more experienced with that particular game to come along, or even try the paradox forums yourself and look at the sub forum on DH.

Thanks

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:10 pm

Polar Svalbard wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Meanwhile, in the united states:

Communist support: 51
Republican support: 49

Wendell Wilkie, you shall be known as the president that lost america to the communists.

Can you get help from the soviets maybe? Or do you think you would be able to hold out long enough in the war to get help from them?

Gotta remember that Germany hits me before Poland, thus the USSR would have no way to bring its numbers to bear as the lord knows they ain't getting military access from Poland.

Oh yeah woops, forgot they dont have a land connection.

Any idea what the likelyhood is for AI france to form its own alliance to back you? Or has that ship effectively sailed?
Rannoria wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Hmm, i actually did try as germany in that scenario, but i never got the actual war. I'd say focus on trying to knock out Russia as early as you can, im not sure if events pop up for it to back out of the war or not, i would assume there is to trigger the russian civil war and what not.

Thanks
No worries.

Herargon
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Herargon » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:29 pm

Is there even already a mod of EU4 that focuses on really small levels? Like, cities, and such? Would be an interesting idea to have an EU4 mod with city states like Athene, Sparta, Crete, etc... Or something like the Hanseatic League. Maybe even small cities to simulate how London, Paris, etc became so big and important.
Pro: tolerance, individualism, technocratism, democratism, freedom, freedom of speech and moderate religious expression, the ban on hate speech, constitutional monarchism, the Rhine model
Against: intolerance, radicalism, strong discrimination, populism, fascism, nazism, communism, totalitarianism, authoritarianism, absolutarianism, fundamentalism, strong religious expression, strong nationalism, police states

If you like philosophy, then here you can see what your own philosophical alignements are.

Ifreann wrote:That would certainly save the local regiment of American troops the trouble of plugging your head in ye olde shittere.
How scifi alliances actually work.

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Founded: Mar 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:36 pm

Polar Svalbard wrote:Gotta remember that Germany hits me before Poland, thus the USSR would have no way to bring its numbers to bear as the lord knows they ain't getting military access from Poland.

Oh yeah woops, forgot they dont have a land connection.

Any idea what the likelyhood is for AI france to form its own alliance to back you? Or has that ship effectively sailed?
Rannoria wrote:Thanks
No worries.

Historical focus, although If I am able to get to a NF Britain and France will take my side in the Munich agreement, its just a race, me vs Germany, who gets their NF first
Member of The Western Isles
Svalbardian international policy summarized: "Shoot first, hope that no one asks questions later." - Linaviar

Yasuragi
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 24, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Yasuragi » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:38 pm

Herargon wrote:Is there even already a mod of EU4 that focuses on really small levels? Like, cities, and such? Would be an interesting idea to have an EU4 mod with city states like Athene, Sparta, Crete, etc... Or something like the Hanseatic League. Maybe even small cities to simulate how London, Paris, etc became so big and important.

Voltaire's Nightmare?

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:49 pm

Polar Svalbard wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Oh yeah woops, forgot they dont have a land connection.

Any idea what the likelyhood is for AI france to form its own alliance to back you? Or has that ship effectively sailed?No worries.

Historical focus, although If I am able to get to a NF Britain and France will take my side in the Munich agreement, its just a race, me vs Germany, who gets their NF first

Hope you get it, i tried to hold the line as the Czechs ages ago in HOI3, i failed and was taken over just as the soviet army got to my border from Romania. Ive got a soft spot for them, but in my own recent french game because i was going defensive i was forced to abandon them.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:53 pm

Herargon
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Herargon » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:59 pm

Yasuragi wrote:
Herargon wrote:Is there even already a mod of EU4 that focuses on really small levels? Like, cities, and such? Would be an interesting idea to have an EU4 mod with city states like Athene, Sparta, Crete, etc... Or something like the Hanseatic League. Maybe even small cities to simulate how London, Paris, etc became so big and important.

Voltaire's Nightmare?

Sort of, but on an even smaller scale.
Pro: tolerance, individualism, technocratism, democratism, freedom, freedom of speech and moderate religious expression, the ban on hate speech, constitutional monarchism, the Rhine model
Against: intolerance, radicalism, strong discrimination, populism, fascism, nazism, communism, totalitarianism, authoritarianism, absolutarianism, fundamentalism, strong religious expression, strong nationalism, police states

If you like philosophy, then here you can see what your own philosophical alignements are.

Ifreann wrote:That would certainly save the local regiment of American troops the trouble of plugging your head in ye olde shittere.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:01 pm

Herargon wrote:
Yasuragi wrote:
Voltaire's Nightmare?

There was one in the works for CK2, focusing on the various criminal gangs and organisations of New York in the 30s. DOnt think it was ever completed though.

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:16 pm

Herargon wrote:

There was one in the works for CK2, focusing on the various criminal gangs and organisations of New York in the 30s. DOnt think it was ever completed though.

Damn, that would've been so cool.

I've heard of a new mod focusing on modern day politics, and your vassals would represent the various groups in society voting for or against you.
Lavochkin wrote:Never got why educated people support communism.

In capitalism, you pretty much have a 50/50 chance of being rich or poor. In communism, it's 1/99. What makes people think they have the luck/skill to become the 1% if they can't even succeed in a 50/50 society???

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:49 pm

Pandeeria wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:There was one in the works for CK2, focusing on the various criminal gangs and organisations of New York in the 30s. DOnt think it was ever completed though.

I've heard of a new mod focusing on modern day politics, and your vassals would represent the various groups in society voting for or against you.
Oh that sounds interesting.

Im wondering on what city to nuke first when the war with the allies begins. Not if, when. Think i might do Berlin, teach the republic a lesson it will never forget.

Herargon
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Herargon » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:49 pm

Pandeeria wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:There was one in the works for CK2, focusing on the various criminal gangs and organisations of New York in the 30s. DOnt think it was ever completed though.

A new mod for CK2, EU4, Vic2 of HOI3/4?

Herargon
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Herargon » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:52 pm

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:08 pm

Herargon wrote:
Pandeeria wrote:

For CK2. I don't know if it's currently in development or if a group of people were just throwing the idea around, I just remember reading about it.
Lavochkin wrote:Never got why educated people support communism.

In capitalism, you pretty much have a 50/50 chance of being rich or poor. In communism, it's 1/99. What makes people think they have the luck/skill to become the 1% if they can't even succeed in a 50/50 society???

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:09 pm

Soon, and then the world... shall see our might.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Herargon
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Herargon » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:29 pm

Pandeeria wrote:
Herargon wrote:

For CK2. I don't know if it's currently in development or if a group of people were just throwing the idea around, I just remember reading about it.

Interesting to hear. It kinda reminds me of the European Union mod for EU4...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction