NATION

PASSWORD

[Appeal] Warning for Spamming

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Enfaru
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

[Appeal] Warning for Spamming

Postby Enfaru » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:46 pm

viewtopic.php?p=29968941#p29968941

Clearly wasn't and I clearly wasn't impersonating a moderator in any way. Nor was it red text. It is simply the colour that is given to Moderators on the forums. I often label moderators as such, I do the same for violet and admins, by using indigo, blue and orange respectively.

I responded with the link to the GHR because I am aware that forum mods can't deal with the matter and such things have been allowed in the past. In fact, appeals for rulings stating spamming have been granted on the basis that it is not spam and is relevant to getting a report dealt with much faster.
Last edited by Enfaru on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sovereign Charter Quick Links
Factbook · Role-plays · RMB · Map (Origin | Quantum) · Chat · Members: 73
Myraxia: One does not learn to GM; One throws oneself in and prays they don't fuck up too badly.
Game Master
Founder of the Sovereign Charter,
4th President and,
Tutor of the College of Theatrics

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:35 pm

This is very similar to another recent case that was appealed and Luna granted the appeal, and we generally cut people some slack for posting the GHR link on reports of gameside issues. In the interest of consistency, I'm going to go ahead and grant this appeal.

Just try not to make it look too official when you pop up in Moderation threads. You're not a mod, and I do see what Yumyum was talking about with the phrasing and formatting, even if it doesn't quite go far enough that I would have warned for it.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Enfaru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:21 pm

My apologies, I tend to write formally and this can come across as looking official even though I do try to make it clear I am not a moderator.

Thank you for your time.
Myraxia: One does not learn to GM; One throws oneself in and prays they don't fuck up too badly.
Game Master
4th President and,

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:21 pm

Enfaru wrote:My apologies, I tend to write formally and this can come across as looking official even though I do try to make it clear I am not a moderator.

Thank you for your time.

Your best course of action is to not pop up in Moderation threads at all unless you are directly involved or have actual evidence to offer. Telling people to file GHRs or that there are megathreads for this, that or the other thing is our job. To paraphrase a poet of antiquity, "The millstones of the Mods grind late, but they grind fine." Thatis, we'll get to it when we get to it, thanks ever so.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Socio Polor
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Socio Polor » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:03 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Enfaru wrote:My apologies, I tend to write formally and this can come across as looking official even though I do try to make it clear I am not a moderator.

Thank you for your time.

Your best course of action is to not pop up in Moderation threads at all unless you are directly involved or have actual evidence to offer. Telling people to file GHRs or that there are megathreads for this, that or the other thing is our job. To paraphrase a poet of antiquity, "The millstones of the Mods grind late, but they grind fine." Thatis, we'll get to it when we get to it, thanks ever so.

Just to clarify, does that mean we can't tell people to "file a GHR" or "we have megathreads" unless we are mods, cause if so I want to know to avoid breaking any forum rules.

Enfaru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:05 pm

Socio polor wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Your best course of action is to not pop up in Moderation threads at all unless you are directly involved or have actual evidence to offer. Telling people to file GHRs or that there are megathreads for this, that or the other thing is our job. To paraphrase a poet of antiquity, "The millstones of the Mods grind late, but they grind fine." Thatis, we'll get to it when we get to it, thanks ever so.

Just to clarify, does that mean we can't tell people to "file a GHR" or "we have megathreads" unless we are mods, cause if so I want to know to avoid breaking any forum rules.

That's how I took it.

Thanks Farnhamia.
Game Master
4th President and,

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:08 am

Enfaru wrote:
Socio polor wrote:Just to clarify, does that mean we can't tell people to "file a GHR" or "we have megathreads" unless we are mods, cause if so I want to know to avoid breaking any forum rules.

That's how I took it.

Thanks Farnhamia.

Strictly speaking, yes, that is how you should take it. Once in a great while, yeah, okay, but there's been a tendency lately for people pop into report threads with well-intentioned but essentially unnecessary posts. If you want to be nice, drop the person a telegram. Everyone loves getting telegrams. I sit on my front porch sometimes for days on end waiting for the Western Union boy on his bicycle.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Enfaru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:37 pm

Doesn't appear that the warning was taken off or have I been warned for something else? (Would not be surprising lately). Please send a telegram if possible if it is something else.
Game Master
4th President and,

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:40 pm

Monitor made note but didn't remove the warning. Removed.

Which is understandable. The place warnings go and the place warnings are removed are in completely different pages.
Last edited by Luna Amore on Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Enfaru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:43 pm

Not a problem, thank you very much.
Game Master
4th President and,

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation